AC issue

Greetings Veeky Forums I visit occasionally but am nowhere near Veeky Forumstist tier knowledge. So I've had this issue for a while but, recently the AC in my vehicle has stopped working completely. It hasn't been that much of a problem since it's summer so I can just open open my windows but I'd like to fix it before autumn in case it actually gets cold here. So to describe what happens is I'll turn on my AC and it makes some noise like it's trying to run but absolutely no air leaves vents no matter the strength I set the fan to.
My vehicle is a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JKU Sahara. Pic is the same model and everything.

Does it blow air on regular vents.

Nothing at all, no matter the setting.

Then it's not the AC. It's the HVAC system in general. Might be the blower that's out. The little noise you hear might be the flap that directs air to the feet, face or windshield. Probably pretty costly, it's a simple system but really jammed in there.

Do you hear air blowing but no air coming out

Do you change your cabin air filter regularly? Best way to burn out a blower fan is by stressing it with a clogged filter.

Also, remember you're driving a Chrysler product. If this is the first trouble the HVAC has given you, be grateful.

I can hear something when I turn it on but don't know what though. Used to be is that when it stopped working all I had to do was hit a bump or dip in the road and kick back on but that solution's long since stopped.

Sounds like a neglect issue.

>buying a wrangler without the pentastar
hahahahaha faggot.

I don't remember anything being changed, aside from whatever my uncle did to fix the shocks and stuff done at oil change places. We bought the vehicle used and looked in fairly good condition, aside from a dying battery, worn tires, and some paint problems. Don't know what else to say though.

What kind of paint problems?

Were the tires worn unevenly?

1.) Rust signals neglect.
2.) Uneven tire wear signals severe ignorance, because the tires either weren't rotated regularly and/or balanced properly. Both are indicators of a shit vehicle owner, who may have had your Jeep before you purchased it.

Also, as previously stated: it is a Chrysler. And on top of that, it is a Jeep. These vehicles are known for their fairly poor build quality, even below Chrysler's normal level of jewish penny-pinching bullshit.

I'm not trying to insult you, Jeeps are cool vehicles and I totally get why people buy them - there's nothing else like them out there. But a Chrysler from 2008 is going to give you headaches nearly 10 years later.

Also, consider that it is just a 9-10 year old vehicle, and stuff will inevitably break/wear out/go wrong.

TL;DR Sounds like the blower motor is dead/dying. Not a super difficult fix, I believe these ones can be accessed from inside the cabin/under the dash. Part should be a few hundred dollars at most.

Yeah why wouldn't someone want an over-stressed V6 made by Italian jews.

1GR-FE laughs in your face as it passes 500,000 miles on original timing chain and seals.

The previous owner was an oil field workers wife.

The paint problems are small scratches, spots in the paint on the front fenders (shaped like bug splatters) that reveal a yellow color (cousin said it was probably the primer) and some long splotch along the back right fender (I'll photograph it in a few if you want to see)

The back tires have some wearing on them but are a different brand from the front. (All are mud grips)

I should have mentioned that he got the vehicle because they were divorcing so she could have fucked shit up just to spite him I suppose.

Nah, if she's a rigpig's wife she's probably a dumb bitch who spent her time spending his money. Dumb bitches ruin vehicles, they'll treat a $100,000 Cayenne like a fucking Dodge Neon.

Here's the long paint splotch.

Don't know why the image flipped.
Closer view.

The blend doors that control the flow of air through your dash are fucked, my girlfriend's 2011 Liberty does the same shit, no heat. If you turn the knob to the different blower positions, can you hear clicking and popping in the dash?

Remainder not shown in other pictures.

My buddy from HS had an issue with the A/C in his 2000 Cherokee.

Wound up shooting himself with a .308 over it, His kid found him. Really fuckin sad...

Guy dumped thousands into it, Until he was a hull of man. Then he took the only way out he thought there was

I honestly miss that dude a lot. But A/C problems can push a man to extremes. I can see where he was coming from kinda.

Yeah, I can hear something like that when I turn it on and I think the sound stays a constant speed through no matter the AC setting.
>Front fender.

Was that really the only reason he did it? I understand investing all the time/money into working on your vehicle but to do that?
Did he have any other issues in his life?

That's the only reason.

He left a note specifying Jeep is responsible for his death. He took that A/C thing seriously and never could quite get it right....

He was pretty wealthy (made six figures a year), and his wife was born wealthy. He had good kids that all went to private school.

He had an amazing life compared to 3/4 of the people we went to high school with.

But A/C problems can really do a number on you, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I was playing glow in the dark put-put with my daughter a couple weeks ago and the glow in the dark shit holes reminded me of A/C system die (the kind you use when you have a leak), An it almost brought me to tears man.

It's so heart breaking to think about a man getting A/C problems.

I think I would rather have HIV, That at least is treatable. Look at magic johnson...He's still alive.

I hate Chrysler so god damn much.

An extreme measure for an extreme problem.
Sorry it happened, just imagining a small problem that seems so simple but can't be changed no matter the amount of effort put into it seems literally exhausting enough to take a toll on anyone.

edgy