Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

GI hunter Sniperfu edition

Previous thread: This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and the currently in beta Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

Red Orchestra osftront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200/Red_Orchestra_Ostfront_4145/

Red Orchestra 2/Rising storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450/Red_Orchestra_2_Heroes_of_Stalingrad_with_Rising_Storm/

Rising storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460/Rising_Storm_2_Vietnam/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rmSillcKr6w
youtu.be/SJujALPJ5uQ?t=12m6s
youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY
youtube.com/watch?v=uAE6Il6OTcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for when?

ded game

LET ME PLAY THE FUCKING GAME REEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=rmSillcKr6w

>tfw ambush deployement

NUKE THE GOOK

>6 days

>People think it hard to identify teammates in rs2 when there's colored triangles over them.
Have you people played Ro2/RS1?

Placeable tin can alarms when?

Okay, right, first off.
1. Why do we have this thread when game releases only in 6 days? We agreed to stop the threads for now.
2. Fuck off you faggot tripfag.
3. The general name is /rsg/, not /rs2g/, you cuck swine.

Im just gonna post some webms to keep the thread alive

Don't trigger the newplebs. They all came from COD/BF. They're used to outliners and big ass red markers. No one can help them

Tbh its one of the things that pissed me off about RS2. It's pretty shitter-friendly.

>you will never be a combat engineer roasting that shit up

youtu.be/SJujALPJ5uQ?t=12m6s

What is he shooting at?

Gooks obviously

>still not /rsg/

All runecoons must hang

Animal Mother is the epitome of a typical military idiot. With ego bigger than his brain, his recklesness and constant need to show off got the Cowboy killed. No tactics, no attempts to outsmart your enemy, just hurrahh forward into the killzone. Literally Abu Hajar tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY

What are your favorite lyrics, bros? Some of mine:

>Children suckin' on their mother's tit,
>Gooks down in a .50 pit
>Dow Chemical don't give a shit
>Napalm sticks to kids!

>A squad a Cong, in the grass
>But all the fighting's long since passed
>Crispy critters in a mass
>Napalm sticks to kids!

>See that gook down on his knees,
>Launch some flechettes on the breeze
>Find his arms nailed to the trees
>Napalm sticks to kids!

>Chuck's in a sampan, sittin' at the stern
>But he don't think his boats will burn
>Those fuckin' gooks won't ever learn
>Napalm sticks to kids!

>Remember, no Vietnamese

We're going to get realistic mode, aren't we?

Bugs me too. I hope it's one of those things that server owners can force off, or force to only work within 10m.

I have no idea how I got teamkilled so much with that setting as default.

>Runecoon sympathiser making our OP's

wasnt there a cracked executable and private servers to play on after the previous beta wave?

where it at?

>RO2
>Grey versus brown
>If it's brown, shoot it down
>If it's grey, don't be gay

>RS2
>Everyone has a billion different outfits to pick from
>HURR WHY CAN'T YOU TELL THAT GUY WITH HIS SHIRT OFF AND BANDAGES IS NOT THE SAME AS THAT OTHER GUY WITH HIS SHIRT OFF AND BANDAGES

dumb frogposter

my favourite is the niggers. You can't go wrong with them, always shoot 'em down. Even if you're playing as the US.

Well US soldiers are always green

Guys, we all promised we wouldn't keep making these threads until the game is out. Also

>/rs2g/

Fuck you runefags

will playing this give me a vietnamese war-waifu?

It was rs2g before that one autist decided to make it rsg though

t. person who made the very first rs2g

Dip yourself in napalm, runecoon.

full metal jacket was a good movie, and then the first scene during the tet offensive happened. wow that was a let down.

Honestly, I only remember the first half of the movie while they're still in bootcamp.

Second half was pretty forgettable.

>Heard all the people using black characters to avoid being tk'ed
>try it during the open beta
>get tked even more on purpose because I'm black
there's no fucking winning

This.

>black brother comes sauntering down a cliff side
>cliff has fractal shadows cast on it making him appear even darker
>can't fucking tell if gook or not
>blow him away just in case

>be me
>US marksman
>using the zoom key without aiming to locate targets
>see an allied US troop
>is he bugged? why is he black?
>aim him with the scope
>turns out he's actually black
>AllFuckingNiggersMustFuckingHang.jpg
>-10 points
heh.

>game still not out

don't wanna keep shilling too hard but reminder there's a discord for funposting until the game is out and groups when it launches
discord dot gg/AhYvfHB

All they need to do is have that friendly triangle marker show up instantly on a consistent basis instead of having the 1 second delay occasionally.

Look at the map? The guy coming from the other teams point is probably ok to shoot. Learning the difference between the AK and M16 sounds helps a lot too

Autism.

>bad at ro2
>loved every second of being a rifleman shitter
Just only found about this game, looks fun. How do you enemies and allies apart? Does everyone get an AK-47/M16 or are they limited classes?

Gooks run with one hand on their weapon, Americans usually run with two hands. Weapon sounds and profiles. Taking cover and checking the map to see if any friendlies are over where I just saw movement. Most people get AK variants or M16s, but there are class restricted weapons just like in ro2/rs1.

It was alot easier to tell soldiers apart in RO and Rising storm.
You could tell by the uniforms and the way they carry their weapons.
Rising storm 2 doesnt have that.

>and the way they carry their weapons.
What did he mean by this?

>germans carry their weapon in one hand while running
>russians carry their weapon with two hands while running
BREAKING NEWS

But that's still in RS2.

You're fucking with me, right?

No, you're retarded, blind or both.
Newsflash: Burgers wear green/camo and Gooks brown/black

Dude no, haven't you noticed? Americans run with gun in two hands, gooks run with gun in one hand. Some first-person animations are wrong though.

>green and brown camo in a game that is exclusively green and brown
damn...

RO2
>yellow vs gray uniforms
>nametags above friendlies' heads
>you can easily tell apart enemies from friendlies just by hearing their voices
RS2
>because of customization, it's harder to tell apart enemies from friendlies, especially since people will pick clothes which resemble the enemy faction
>triangle over the friendlies work only when they are around the center of the screen
>when aiming, the triangle goes half transparent
>combined makes it really shitty when quickly aiming at the other person
>can't hear any voices until you lower everything else in sound settings to around half, which be default no one ever does

>The guy coming from the other teams point is probably ok to shoot.
What is Supremacy?

d e v i l i s h

Holy shit Ivans and Krauts war brown and grey in a game that is exclusively brown and grey.
Almost like they are trying to camouflage themselves. Those bastards!

I think I killed only one teammate in 35 hours of playing.
Maybe you're just retarded

>yellow vs gray uniforms
Unless someone is in shadows then everything is black.
>nametags above friendlies' heads
Unless they're farther than 10m away like in my picture.

>He needs nametags/icons to identify teammates
lol. open your map sometimes.

Anyone notice how much farther you can throw grenades compared to RO2/RS

still not far enough to stop my team from chasing after them like a fucking dog

>try to underhand grenade for first time
>doesn't go far at all
>3 TKs and suicide

>Every thing comes back to tking shitters

The fuck did you expect? First time I did it it performed exactly like I expected it to. Dropped a nade from a second story window on top of a gook who was just underneath.

that shit was really handy in RO2 for when you crawled up to a pillbox or a window.

>on voip with friend
>enemies ahead of us in room
>tell him i am throwing a grenade into the room
>he runs in
>TK
>he says sorry

I thought I'd be able to chuck it under a half closed shutter, but it just bounced off of it.

>he says sorry
things that never happened for 800

You don't apologize when you do stupid shit that gets you TK'd like walking in front of a firing line?

No, I start flaming the person who killed me and everyone on my team and bitch in public and then run around and gun down the person who killed me and then start a votekick for griefing/trolling, like a normal player would. Then I give their dog cancer.

I personally just type np as fast as possible, especially if it was my fault

interesting

>retard runs into room where I'd just thrown two grenades
>he sat still and watched me throw them
>he runs in and dies along with two gooks
>apologise over chat
>he starts some "I accept your apology, but I'm not going to let this slide, I'm not typing NP, you need to learn through the time-out" speal with full seriousness acting like it's my fault
>no-one else even bothers to say "sorry"
>I do, and I get this retarded shit
These people need to be purged. Literal subhumans. Open beta was a mistake. Never again.

Ah, I guess having the option to roll it across the floor would be nice but it's probably enough to use the default throw and aim low.

>Abu Hajar
He did nothing wrong. The fault was the other idiots around him.

EPISODE TWO

>call in artillery on one of the supremacy maps
>publicly announce artillery location over voice, stating that it is not a good place to walk into, artillery starts raking up the kill-count on gooks
>team acknowledges
>see one blip walking towards it
>call out "hey, whoever is walking towards the arty at X point, stop, you're going to die if you keep going that way"
>blip ignores me
>by this point the artillery has one salvo left, it has been going for ages - he'd have to be blind to miss it, all gooks nearby are dead, zero friendlies dead from TK so far
>he fucking sprints directly into it and dies
>he starts bitching out over voice about "retard TL"
>call him a nigger along with two other guys on the team who could see how low functioning he was
>restate that he walked into a fucking artillery strike of his own free will even after being told several times not to
>he's bitching about "retard TL" until the end of the round
OPEN BETA, NEVER AGAIN

That's a nice ARVN Ranger you got there. Would be a shame if a punji trap happened on some lone trail...

Unrelated, but fuck TLs who try to tell people "dont go to x im putting arty on it"

fucko if I can walk up to that point there aren't enough gooks around to warrant you dropping arty on it. Arty BEHIND the point. so glad open beta is done with.

>point has 10 gooks on it
>both points adjacent are completely empty and prime for capping
>no friendlies in immediate area
>"hey, nuking the point with gooks on it, get the others instead or wait until they're dead"
>first few salvos clear it
>friendly who moved up cannot wait 5 seconds for the salvos to finish before capping, instead has to suicide on it
yeah nah

He can only put arty on the marks he has

I usually just do what does. If it was my fault I only ever say something if the guy who TK'd me is apologizing for it. I ran in front of a machine gunner and he just kept saying 'sorry' over the mic like a kid who spilled his dad's scotch and I said "It's all good man, I know I ran in front of you"

You gave him PTSD. No amount of np can fix that.

>Unless someone is in shadows then everything is black.
Did you even play RO2?

Careful, or he'll tell how he's a 0.01% player and we should all be in awe at how he is magnanimous for even talking to us.

>Teammates trigger traps
Can't wait!

>people die in one shot instead of twenty
the tradeoff is fine

I'd have thought it to be unlikely too, but during the open beta some random teammate actually apologized to me for sneaking up on me and standing in my backblast. I had to check if I was dreaming.

Everyone's talking about listening to 60s rock. What about this song though?

youtube.com/watch?v=uAE6Il6OTcs

Use a big boy caliber and aim better next time, ya shitter. I ohk most people I shoot.
>Muh magic 5.56 should kill anyone on an elbow hit meme

>get shot in the leg, wait 2 seconds, health is full and mobility isn't impaired
fuck off with this casual shit you cunt

There is no health regeneration.

Anyone play Darkest Hour? Just checked it out, apparently it's getting regular updates now. Might play that and some RS before RS2 drops.

What custom maps would /rs2g/ want to see?

I'd like to see a Khe Sahn or Saigon map, personally.

If the devs have half a brain stem they'll make an official Saigon map themselves. I just want more maps.

Ia Drang, where the first wave for the US gets no default ground spawnpoints, but they get extra hueys

I'd like a map that has VC attacking a stronghold with U.S defending. Preferably at night.

An urban map like Hue but for the control point mode. Less funnel-y.
Dense jungle with large tunnel systems.

>Ia Drang, where the first wave for the US gets no default ground spawnpoints, but they get extra hueys
Not until awhile after release.

Fuck playing that with the current pilot quality. Might be good once the shitties have left and some good pilots exist, but near release - no.