Volvo

>volvo
are they underrated or just no good?
no one ever talks about them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUpLpkbLLIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because of the 4 cylinder, no one wants a luxury 4 cylinder car

They used to be underrated, especially their R models. Everyone views them as a granny mobile.
Now theyre just chinese 4 banger .

They're the best they've ever been in every way except the engine. If they uncucked the engines they'd be perfect.

they look awesome but i6 is the most luxurious motor churns with buttery smooth jet engineness plus they sound meaty

bmw was making 2.0 liter inline sixes in the 80s but they were dogshit slow i dont see why no one now attempts to make a modern small displacement i6 with a small turbo

Have they always claimed to be a luxury brand?

I always thought of their branding as closer to a safety focused mid tier brand. But not overly luxury. Kinda seems odd that they're pushing that.

stealth wealth. nice enough for the owner but not ostentatious.

It's a Swedish people's car. SAAB was the more luxurious brand.

I also want a small displacement high revving v8.

ferd taurus sho with yamaha v8

They went to shit after Ford got hold of them.

There's nothing cucked about the T6.

the t6 is basically dead and anything that comes with the t6 suffers from shitty modern car design.

They're pretty much comparable to Audi, which is also improving well in quality and design. Forewheel drive and small/slow engines are holding them back for now.

No reason to get one over a Mercedes unless you like the looks.

Unreliable since it shares a lot of XC90 shits

They are, just like SAAB was, luxury like no other car when it came to safety while looking like the other cars of it's time, but with safety from many generations ahead of it.

Nobody knew why SAABs was so liked until they crashed one.

Also, it's not the size of the engine that matters, it's how the engine delivers it's performance.

I've had v40 before, no reliability but a very nice car, good interior quality, nice handling, but you could feel it's undesteer as shit in fast corners, also big turning circle

>That looks nice....

>lets just take a look at the back
>.... uurrhrhrhggggh

The electronics are pure shit on the more recent models. Guy i know bought a new v40 last januari. His infotainment system has allready shit the bed twice.

ugly chinkmobiles, too expensive

>The best they've ever been
They're not indestructible RWD funcars anymore so no

Current Volvo I4's make more power than the old I6. Also, the I6 was shit to work on, because who in their right mind makes a transverse I6?

Even the new 90D5 is buttery smooth, so no worries about that. Cabin noise is completely absent though, and that would be the same for an I6.

BMW still makes a 1.6L I6 though.
Anyways, nobody makes a small I6, because a small V6 is infinitely better at that purpose. Hell, in most cases a turbo I4 will do the job a lot better, at a lower weight.

Volvo isn't luxury, it's premium. Safe, pretty quick in top models, great interior design nowadays, and comfy.

All current Volvo motors are cucked to be 2.0L I4's. There's 400hp hybrid models, but that's still cucked compared to the old I6 and V8 models.

>No reason to get one over a Mercedes unless you can get a good price
ftfy. In DD, they're about even, with some advantages for the Volvo. Only when you're hammering them do they fall apart.

[citation needed]

This,
and this.

There's nothing more that needs to be said.

Get yourself a rwd redblock and never look back.

That's just more moving parts without the added benefit of power

>""""""""""indestructible""""""""""
Your 240 would crumple like tin foil in an accident with a modern car and leave you a cripple for the rest of you life

brb going to enjoy the cooled seats in my ford era s80 v8.

You were saying?

The 240 is a very safe car m8.

Enjoying your ticking timebomb? I'll be over here rolling 290k in my dead reliable 245 soaking up my glorious working a/c. Getting close to my 10k mile oil change interval though!

>I know a guy who has a car and something broke on the car so all the cars have shit reliability

Now imagine of someone ran a red and t boned it

No worse than most other cars of similar size made today. Whats your point?

This driver walked away, was hit by a large truck in the Australian Outback.

Imagine being this delusional...

youtube.com/watch?v=bUpLpkbLLIE

He wouldn't have walked away if the truck him him on the driver side and not the passenger side, he'd be pulp

>muh anecdotes
Go drive off a cliff in your 240

And if he had a passenger they'd be dead

too expensive for most people to be common place

the new ones at least

They need to work out the suspension feel in the new cars, they're a bit unconfortable. I'd also like to have more sound insulation. I don't want to know the costs down the line for fixing all the computers in the new car.

They're pricier Buicks.

>Nice interior
>Look good
>Drive just okay

they were the most indestructible around the turn of the century weren't they? like 850/first gen v70 era?

I'd be more into them if they had more power. I enjoy their looks personally.
They are definitely targeting the lux crowd. Go build one and choose the president trim or whatever it is. 100k Volvo....

They actually have the XC90 Excellence trim discounted like 23k or something like that. It ends up being around the price of a T8.

>Crumple
Maybe the front fascia would deform a big, all crumpling would cease once you reach the thicc iron block i-4

As a volvo owner who test drove a lot of other euro luxury, I will say it doesn't have the kick of an audi or mercedes but shit the seats are sooooo comfortable. I haven't found a car with as sink-into leather seats as volvo

That iron block would just get pushed into the cabin

>muh northstar v8

>chinkmobiles
>Not even made in China
O-okay.