Advise needed

Hello guys

I am in a third world country, outside USA but in America.

I actually own a E46 BMW 323i Sedan 2000 which I bought 4 years ago from a friend, the car was practically new, less than 20K miles on it, and I keep it in good shape, but lets be honest it is a 17 years old car and want it or not all the parts are old and will start falling apart probably soon, probably not... but this is my main fear.

My wife have a 1998 Toyota Rav4, this is a car you just care about gas and oil, you can drive it for years without going to the mechanic, but it is getting really old and will need a major tune soon.

My E46 is on the mechanic for a week now changing several malfunctioning parts and i calculate I will spend now about 1,000 USD.

I have a wealthy friend that owns several cars including a Ford Mustang 2012 v6 Automatic, and he told me that he would sell it to me for 14K, I was thinking that being a 2012 car it would be less likely to break apart and parts should be easy to get.

Now I have two questions:

1. Should I go for the Mustang?

2. If I do so what would be better to do, sell the Rav4 and give the E46 to my wife or sell the E46?

Thanks

just keep driving the e46.

>14k for a 5 year old AUTOTRAGIC V6 Mustang
holyshitniggerwtfareyoudoing.png

>auto

honestly, give your wife the mustang and keep driving the E46.

OP HERE
Cars in my country are a lot more expensive than in the USA since you have to import and pay fees, here a 2012 Mustang goes around 16K, for my E46 323i 2000 I paid 9K four years ago.

who cares about the money / worth, you will enjoy driving the E46 more than that Mustang. Why downgrade?

why would a "wealthy" person go to the trouble of importing a shitty v6 mustang instead of a v8? this has to be bait.

OP here
Because the Mustang is his wife car, now she got a Jeep Sahara, he drives a F150.

>but in America
There are two Americas
North and South
If you're mexican then congrats you're from the better one

Also no don't get an auto v6 anything

>driving a woman's car

just give it to your wife if you really want it

Dominican Republic actually

I don't really want it but since my E46 is asking for parts, 17 years, I am getting worried

>DR
don't you guys have access to Jap imports that the states can't get?

OP here
We do, my brother is into that, he does have a EK4, and the guy is selling me the Mustang also have a race RX7 and a race RX8, he does have his own shop where they tune these cars.

The problem is that those JDM cars are really hard to get the parts, sometimes you have to wait month to get it, because they do not import the parts.

Well I would go for something reliable on the JDM side, honestly you're not going to have as much fun in the mustang, it WILL drive like a boat compared to your BMW
Do you guys have the AE101 Levin Corollas in DR? Year range would be 92-97, they were couples were you could get either the 20V 4AGE or a supercharged 4AGZE

*Coupés
Pic related

We do, but I am not into it, no JDM for me, not at all, I am more inclined to nice looking executive cars, like BMW and Mercs, I am 35 years old, or a kid anymore

Not a kid anymore*

I'm 35 as well, luxury gets boring, Mijo
I used to have an EM1 Civic Si with the B16A2 and I miss that car everyday
You will too

I know what I like and what I enjoy and definitely I do not like FWD cars or those Japs toys cars, If I decide to go Japan I would go for an SUV like a 4Runner, a FJ Cruiser or a Land Cruiser not those are far too expensive.

But you want to get a mustang? C'mon bro
I would kill to have an import market like what you have available

I am not dying for the Mustang, I just saw an opportunity here.

The only JMD available for my pocket here that I would drive is the RX7 but again, parts and mechanics are an issue.

This baby I love, but again, parts are a pain in the ass, and is kind of expensive too, they as 27,000 USD for it.

2JZ GTE Turbo 6 speed
V160 Getrag
BorgWarner T6 74mm

1000 dollars is less than 14k dollars
Keep your car

Stick with the e46, v6 mustangs are bullshit

I hace the same Mustang, and ley me tell hoy something.
It's a damm good car, and plenty of fun BUT, you should really think about getting one with a manual transition, otherwise it will feel pretty gutless because it lacks torque down low, it's more of a revy engine, and you start to feel the power at 3k revs all the way to 7k.
Also, see if you can get one with 3.31 gears or the performance package installed.

And the boomer mobile strikes again

>Says the civic Boy racer.

Are your memes always stale?

We can only give you tips on the cars you have to choose. You have to choose what you want on taste need and wants and most importantly fits your budget. I would recommend test drive the v6 their good cars have plenty of power reliable but I would never buy a v6 personally but i live in the U.S. Take handling into consideration and power. for the average person power is funner than handling if you want a mix might need to mod suspension and most important tires to get handling. If you prefer handling but don't want to mod the aforementioned items move along. Lastly make sure you like how it looks interior exterior you will be seeing this car everyday and styling specifically on this years v6 start to look bland boring after a while. Disclosure I own a mustang gt so might be a bit biased.

OP Here

Thank you for the comment, I am used to the superb handling of the BMW and how nicely you can take curves and overtake, yet comfortable and beautiful design, this car is 17 years old and it's design is still beautiful to me, I think I will stick with it, I can relate owning a Mustang V6 is like having a E46 with an M3 kit and badges, pitiful.