Unpopular Cars/Setups

Anyone else feel like a bit of a black sheep in your groups/areas?

Like im friendly with the car guys around here and we all hang out but everyone is always scoffing at my car and setup.

It has also gotten worse as years have gone by. Everyone else has been buying & building newer and faster stuff as we've gotten older/gotten better jobs.
The group here really came to be around 2008-2010. I've also got a much better job now than back then when I was 16-18.

But everyone else has 20-30k cars and I'm still happy with my 84 trans am. I've had the same 350 SBC I put in it when I was 16. heads, cam, and a 750cm carb. Has a T5 trans behind it that I've broken 2 times. But I still really love driving it. Has 180k on the body. Runs high 12's fairly consistently.
I'm advised constantly how I need to either build a drag car or LS swap my turd gen. People act like I'm not even very interested in cars because I don't do much new stuff with my car although I still drive it as much as ever.

Its like people can't respect the fact that people don't need to make their cars faster every year or build their car for the drag strip. That some people like me just like cruising and going to the track and running the same times I have for years.

cool

>Turd color turd gen

Paint your turd gen white, or swap for a brown ford probe.

Yuro fag here, enjoy your Pontiac. Really jealous that a lot of cool american cars are rare here. Don't build your car for them, build it for yourself.

In the jeep community, I've got the black sheep, ugly ducking etc, you name it.

Have you considered putting a WC T5 or T56 in it if the trans blows again? I get what you mean, people seem to think you need absurd amounts of hp to have fun, I'll probably invest at most 6k more into my fox and it'll be good enough for many years for me. 1:10 whp:weight is plenty fast for me, and I'll still be getting hopefully 10ish mpg.

Jokes on you, I don't have any friends/groups to be the black sheep with.

someday I want to do it a deep gray/gunmetal but its original paint and im not going to mess with it til it actually starts having significant defects
i do love it and actually its value is prob a bit higher now. they were dirt cheap in the 2000s. when I was 16 I got it for $300 with a 305 and bad headgasket. now in same shape it would of sell for probably $2000+ since it's clean with no rust

T56 is the plan next time. Last couple times I just didnt have the money since i was making like $9/hr while in scool. now ive tripled that so I could afford it but ill drive the T5 til it gives again.
I also know I'd beat the car harder with a T56, and last year I self-fabbed a 8.8" out of an explorer in it so now im more willing to do it since i dont have to worry about exploding the 10bolt now.
we'll be your friends user

people hate on me because i drive my 600hp evo less than 2000 miles/yr

all these retards will drive their nice cars into the ground putting more miles on them until they are worthless

there will be a time where performance gas powered vehicles are no longer being made and will be highly sought after

I'm the only person that likes the PT Cruiser in my area. At autocross events, I consistently lay down better times than Toyobarus, Miatas, and mustangs. My PTGT runs an 11.3 second 1/4 mile, which is pretty fucking cool for an 11 year old car that can fit a refrigerator inside.

>guys there's an ATM in the afterlife

Nothing wrong with sticking with something good

>Black sheep
>Posts a white car

What did he mean by this???

Gorgeous, I want one

As someone that really likes wagons I know for a fact I'm the black sheep of my group, but honestly most of my friends aren't fellow car guys because most "car guys" where I live are either mud-whomping rednecks (not my scene) or vape smoking fgts with stanced shitboxes (also not my scene).

89 Formula 350 here. I really can't understand the whole "turd gen" meme.
Mine's still in the restoration process on the paint and interior, but I hope to have it up to snuff like this in about a year.
Keep on truckin with the firebirds, man. Looks better than some shitty souped up Honda any day.

Take solace in the fact that you have the Jurassic Park Jeep.

Real jeeps don't have square headlights.

Fuck the haters. You do you.

I've actually been hunting around for a early third gen to fix up.

Do it, they're great. Lotta work though

>autocross

what kinda cars do your groupies have?

few new 5.0s, cts v, zl1, 1 c6 vette 2 c5 vettes, 8 second ls swapped new edge mustang, couple gtos, and a couple 4th gen fbodies.
Most all of them are running 10s or better.

>tfw no car friends
>tfw no friends at all
>not even one
Quit complaining normalcunt