Shuichi Shigeno (creator of Initial D) has a new driving manga series releasing Soon™ entitled "MF Ghost"

Shuichi Shigeno (creator of Initial D) has a new driving manga series releasing Soon™ entitled "MF Ghost".
In the year 202X, self-driving cars have become the norm in Japan. The protagonist, an ace driver returns to Japan after learning how to race professionally in the UK. This young genius driver will create a new legend!

Pic related was in Weekly Young Seinen this week, teasing the upcoming series with an image of an R35 Nismo GT-R (2017) with a drone chasing it, and an image of the protagonist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D20IZKf0TXk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuichi_Shigeno
mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=102
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a next initial D meme

youtube.com/watch?v=D20IZKf0TXk

Fucking lies!!

>Nismo GT-R
I can't wait for the memes

sounds retarded
kinda like initial d

Oh man, I can't wait for the threads! I wonder if the Anime adaptation (if there will be one) will follow from Initial D and use Euromeme as well.

sperg more

But ex-driver already exists

>Not-Shinji front and center with Not-Natsuki off to the side
Rehashed horseshit. Isn't this like the fifth series he's tried making after Inital D and all of them have sucked?

nou

>mfw benzman returns

Stfu please

>NIO on top

kek ICE cuckolds BTFO

>GEE TEE ARU

I welcome the son of Nakazato.

Not to be a weeb or anything but that sounds like eXD. Litterally the same plot

he's just an average at best author who had the right premise at the right time, not surprising he hasn't been able to catching lightning a second time considering how much he bungled the latter thirds of initial d

>gtaaaru

this is gonna end badly
part of the fun of initial d was that they were driving mostly shitboxes

Ok, so R35 is confirmed
what's next car will be included probably?

This. The MC will be driving a damn exotic car.

WILD-ASS GUESS TIME

Model 3. i8. Vision Maybach-Merc. Mission E. Trezor. Etcetera, etcetera. They'll all be beaten because he DOESN'T RELY ON COMPUTERS and has YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL TRAINING and is JUST SO GOOD GODDAMN LOOK AT HIM GO. Final Boss is a guy in a chipped-out European luxury-sport who went to the same driving school.

Since it's fictional more exotic stuff would be nice.

something like a 911, NSX, SLS.
I hope they include a lotus of some form desu/

>it's another gary sue absolute genius never ever able to lose a race protagonist

I'm curious how you can get a cars license for manga/anime. Is it the same as video game?

tfw no japanese drift gf

>the year 202X
>2017 GTR

It will be a shitbox by then

in 202X, the advent of electric sports cars has already happened and an ICE car like the R35 is a shitbox.

If the GTR actually holds it's value like the Dodge Viper did, it's going to be one expensive shitbox. Even a 12 year old Viper is still 30k.

After Initial D ended he made Amazing Hana and Sailor Ace. Hana was a romance manga and Ace was a baseball manga. Hana lasted 2 volumes, while Ace got 6.
This is the first car manga he's done since Initial D.

>inb4 some guy with an AE86
>he still beats everyone on doriftu racu

That'll be the final race.

VROOM VROOM

>chainsmoking middle aged takumi

No, he would probably drive a GT86 instead

>self-driving cars

just kill me now

>self-driving cars

i hope he will include tuning scenes too
only racing stuffs are boring to me

It's not like he's gonna race the self-driving cars per se.

how much nissan paid for this?

Tak may be an idiot, but he knows his cars, he'd never get a GT86.

Same way Araki gets song licsenses...they don't I don't think. It's relatively lax when it comes to Manga (I only say this as an asumption based on the fact the Anime changed things like Nismo to Nisno, and Trueno's badge was Tureno or some shit in Stage 1), as far as I know, but with Cars you'd think there'd be more oversight.

>tfw you realize this might be the Night Kids spinoff we deserve
>there's a non-zero chance where Best-azato BACK ON THE ROCKs various self driving cars with his JEE TEE ARU
>there's a non-zero chance where /ourguy/ Shingo *daburu kurasu*s into drone police cars to save Takeshi
>there's a non-zero chance that they'd STILL be averse to being seen together

fair use for everyday sorts of objects and brands seems much laxer in japan, at least in practice.

>takumi
>knows his cars
The whole idea is that he doesn't. He doesn't even know what car he drives until someone points it out.

That completely changes with 4th stage.

He still doesn't know about car models and shit like that. He only cares about their performance, and because of that he still wouldn't buy a GT86.

by the end of the series Ryosuke's racing autism imprints on Dagumi a lot

>yfw you can get a Nisno polo shirt

>self-driving cars have become the norm in Japan.
Waiting for plot twists

Hop they don't fuck it up with like every stage after third.

Battle Stage's CGI was the best; First Stage had the best battles and Euroshit

I just started watching Initial D after seeing all the memes here.

So, tell me, is the AE86 really that good or is it memed to the max?

The AE86, at the time it was made, was a cheap car with a good chassis/body (it was unibody), and a lot of potential to be modified into a better car.

Its suspension was not good, even for its time, except maybe when considering its pricepoint. It had a live rear axle, which was common on econocars in its day, but not common in actual sports cars of similar years like the FC.

What it did have was a lot of support thanks to being cheap enough, with a good enough chassis to survive racing, that it was used in a lot of racing events, promoting a lot of aftermarket support for the car to make it perform better.

The only aspect of the car that was actually good was its potential thanks to its aftermarket support.

bulge

Since the author is acknowledging that other countries exist this time around, hopefully we get some good bits where stereotypical Britishfolk race in British cars.

Takumi's 86 is actually quite modified apart from the engine itself. It's mostly just Takumi's skill by then later he gets an engine upgrade more suited to his skill level. The thing with Initial D is that it's all about the traits of a truly brilliant street racer that matter more than anything, concentration and durability of the driver comes into a lot of the post-Third Stage races.

There's just something about Shigeno's art that's truly timeless. If not for the JEE TEE ARU, I was gonna say this was another chapter of Initial D, perhaps a final race where Best Night Kid got himself an actual godmachine to challenge tofu boy before spinning out and hitting the guardrail.

scratchy ink lines instead of a cleaner digital look makes a big difference too

>2 seconds faster on a 7 minute track
driver error not car performance

>Britishfolk race in British cars.
so a bunch of inbred cucks break down in land rovers?
Sounds exciting.

>he finally bangs big-boobs
yes

nah, even his AE86 is faster than the GT86

wut

>Shuichi Shigeno (creator of Initial D) has a new driving manga series releasing Soon™ entitled "MF Ghost".

Already released. It's actually an ongoing series in Kodansha's "Young Magazine" from April onwards. It took over from his other work Sailor Ace which ended this year in that same magazine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuichi_Shigeno

Except he drives an AE86 instead of ditching it for literally anything else so yes, he would probably rather drive an 86 based on performance alone, which is objectively superior.

that pic has long since been colored

>Shuichi Shigeno
The author owns a panda Trueno and a WRX. Wonder what kind of auto-driving car he will get....

It didn't start immediately.

Calling it now, I don't think the protagonist is going to drive the R35. It won't be exciting to watch his paddle shifts and win with AWD acceleration.

(You)

>you've been in a coma since 2018
>you wake up in 202x
>family comes round to see you
>presents
>everyone happy as fuck
>finally get home
>your car is fucked because it has spent so long
>have to hire a car
>weird, all these camera angles make it seem like there's no steering wheel
>walk outside
>look down the street
>horror is slowly creeping into your veins with each "car" passed
>your worst dream has became reality
>nobody even steers their cars anymore
>the world has become busriders

It's 2024. During the day, I ride self-driving cars.

During the night, I hunt them.
._._._.

The Night has finally come.

I waited patiently. I am used to it.

No one thought of me as a threat.
After all, I only drove a Miata. It has no EcoBoost.

Taylor Swift got into her self-driving ecoboost car. It was a tight fit because the car was so small and her legs were long.

Her ecoboost car took off efficiently and drove towards her next venue.

I wielded my stickshift Miata efficiently, darting between all the self-driving cars.

Too polite and full of defensive driving algorithms, those self-driving cars made way for me as they tried to avoid collisions. I took advantage of that.

I praised the inventors of the Miata. "Thank you for not filling the world full of EcoBoost"

After all, if the world was full of EcoBoost, I would be at a disadvantage on the road.

But the road is not only for ecoboosted cars. Those with skill are able to coax success from non-boosted cars by driving cleverly.

I often am forced to drive cleverly on the Road.

After all, I only have a Miata.

Pulling alongside Taylor Swift's self-driving car, I noticed the model type was known to be one that refused to run over people-shaped objects or trolleys.

I moved in front and pushed the button to send gas from the canisters to several blow up dolls.

They inflated immediately.

The wind picked them up and dropped then into the road in front of the self-driving car.

True to its algorithm, Taylor Swift's self-driving car preferred to crash the car gently into the road barrier instead of running over people or trolleys in the roadway.

Take that you ecoboost Bitch!

Sure, Taylor Swift was known to go through boyfriends at a prodigious rate.

But why did she have to drop me as her boyfriend? She didn't drop me for personality or looks. The reason stung.

She dropped me as her boyfriend
when
she
found
out
I
drove
a
Miata.

Yet the authors and writers of Wangan actually felt like it got better the further they went
I remember stopping after 3rd/4th stage because I already knew what was gonna happen, and character development seemed to plateau, Dagumi was gonna win every race from some ridiculous B.S and the gap between him and literally every other racer got waaay too big
It VERY much felt like it fell into the DBZ meme where the protagonist became a jerry sue, and could never lose and his "power level" was waay bigger than anyone to keep up with, and that's where the interest and excitement dies

Humans CAN'T relate to almost godlike perfect ppl that never ever lose or become better yet still have very real normal weakness that makes him not too OP

You see this "Jerry Sue" type of writing and development in most popular anime/manga and it always ruins it because without EVER having to watch or read you can predict what will happen because the protagonist is so damn OP can never be beaten

Which is exactly why I loved Wangan Midnight, Because while AT 1ST it focused alot on Akio as the main protagonist, it started to really delve into other characters in such a way where they felt like they were also the main protagonist and the side characters had white alot of qrotomg and backstory and arches to them, so it wasn't just "Street Racer #34" or something, and those side characters had enough writing and back story to warrant them to almost be semi main characters if the writers wanted them to be

You rarely see this kind of writing and development in Initial-D or at least after 2nd/3rd Stage anyway
Don't get me wrong I REALLY liked inital-D it just fell into the trap that DBZ famously did and it became VERY boring VERY quickly, I REALLY wished they kept the writing and development at least similar to 1st stage or taken que's from Wangan Midnight

>eurobeat
>2017
nop, they'll just use j rock or whatever like Initial D Legend.

>not posting the correct version

So the price of a new Ae86 Sprinter Trueno back in the days

Speaking of Veeky Forums manga, anyone check out Zessyaka?
Its about a highschool club dedicated to restoring old cars.

>jerry sue
Gary Stu.

Doesn't look like any groups have started translating it yet. There's no translation updates listed for it at Manga Updates:

mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=102

I might as well dump it.