/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 24th of May:
919 – The nobles of Franconia and Saxony elect Henry the Fowler at the Imperial Diet in Fritzlar as king of the East Frankish Kingdom.
1218 – The Fifth Crusade leaves Acre for Egypt.
1621 – The Protestant Union is formally dissolved.
1915 – World War I: Italy declares war on Austria-Hungary, joining the conflict on the side of the Allies.
1948 – Arab–Israeli War: Egypt captures the Israeli kibbutz of Yad Mordechai, but the five-day effort gives Israeli forces time to prepare enough to stop the Egyptian advance a week later.

>News
CK2 DD 53 - Rhythm is a lancer
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-53-rhythm-is-a-lancer.1024061/

EU4 DD 23/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-23rd-of-may-2017.1024304/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LArGlfEVYqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

BASED

I can't do the Mexican-American War like it went historically because war score gets too high for me to annex all my states. I don't want to do a second Mexican-American War. Please help.

>Game ends just as I was starting to have fun

transvaal is a cruel country lads

>console
If you trash someone in a war there is no reason to not use a console to get what you want if historically people got more.

I never made it past 1900 in my 200 hours of Vicky

What's it like?

>Dixielad stopped posting
Time to off myself

not that guy, but past 1900 all the rulesbreak and wars kill millions daily

I own 87% of all world tank production but my armies consume so many tanks just in standard maintenance that I cannot afford to build more tank regiments and my autism requires me to have 100% tank-plane-artillery armies

sums it up in one sentance
you'll notice how the amount of money I was making stopped entering the equation around 1860

>ANOTHER Taisho ruins the game episode

What kingdom am I in?

Crusades for Spain are the best, laddie

I ended up forming Polish Spain just for fun with one of them

HOW DO I JOIN THE NAZBOL GANG

La Plata

White and based.

Animalia, I assume.

al talap

Hey lads, how do you go about fighting a multi-front war as a PC? Always something these games have struggled with.

thanks

Want to host EU3 MP:
-Speed 2 always(speed 1 in all wars)
-All DLC
-No blobbing excessively
-Historical colonization only

Who is interested?

What are some countries you've never seen anyone play on /gsg/, any game?

I don't think I've ever seen a Trebizond game here

yeehaw

Hanover in vic2. Not terrible as German OPM but no one dares.

Respons blsssss

What is there even to do except prestige spamming and forming Germany?

New english mittelafrika? Yes or no

>tfw playing EU4, the objectively best GS game

Feels pretty good not to be playing outdated garbage like Victoria 2.

Who else thinks Victoria should not include great wars? Or the game should end in 1920 after 1 great war. Honestly Vicky is not a game designed to go into or even past the WW1. I propose the game gets pushed back to 1920 with the beginning dealing with the greek war of independence and ends in like 1914.

thanks

yeehaw

So with the timeline glitch still in the game I'm finally going for Ryukyu, any tips other than trying to kill myself for playing EU4?

Anybody play Poortugal in VickyII? How'd it go? Considering them with my startingscreen staring.

Game should really start with the Congress of Vienna and go from there. 1836 is arbitrary as fuck.

1821 to pick up from EU4 would be nice, then going to 1921 would work nicely.

portugal isnt too bad. strong colonization goals and you could be a GP by the end

Anymore spics and the CSA would be non-white, the purity of the white race is more important than blobbing. But thanks for the Rwandiums compliment, BASED niggers.
Fuck the Yanks, lads. If you want I can make it a Deutshe vrystaat, but I'm not releasing the JewSA.

Who else crashed?

t. non-country bro

1836 is when the alamo and Texas won its independance so its not like NOTHING of political interest happened that year. It also is has 100 years of play to 1936 the start year for most HoI games. But again really should be pushed back.

>complete reorganisation of the european continent's balance of power and subsequently the entire world's
>muh texas
Hmm, wonder which of these events is more important.

It is, of course, Texas.
youtu.be/LArGlfEVYqM

is HOI4 good yet?

No.

rehosting for ya m8

damn
what game lets me turn the world fascist then?

thanks

no

I just replayed it for the first time since release. No. I modded it to hell but the cripplingly bad AI, awful land war system, and totally fucked peace conference really kill it. The new DLC promises to fix two of those so maybe with this DLC. It may be worth a play or two with mods but just go back to DH.

HoI3

Is Texas based protestant or popecucks?

By the way, Britain's king is Edward VIII and the Prime Minister is Oswald Mosley.

Its fairly split of the 60% of people who said they are religous 30% protestant 20% catholic. Fuck you im catholic we are white and based t.polack.

Told my grandmother that he did this and she said he does it every year because Jesus did. If I said anything more Im sure my whole family would think Im racist. Which I am but people dont care about reasons. Im the only kid who didnt go to private school their whole life and the public one we are is the shitty side of town. Add all the extra shit from around the world and there is more then enough reason. I dont care on an individual basis but saying that Blacks dont have a lower IQ is like saying that whites are equal to them on an athletic level.

Install HPM.

>someone saved my old, half-assed and heavely criticized attempt to simplify paint map painting

HoI4 may be shit but this Kaiserreich's focus warning are so much fun. You aren't told what will exactly happen, but are only given some ambiguous sentence or two - it feels much more real than "political mana +30" shit you get in all paradox games.

>crime
Wew

Honestly, how can you justify catholicism? All the central themes, Papal infallibility, hierarchy, it's not right. Faith comes from God, salvation comes from God, forgiveness comes from God. How can you sit in your little confession boxes, tell a paedophile priest you're sorry, and he decide whether or not you're forgiven? Fuck the Pope, fuck the Paedophile priests, fuck their co-opting of faith 95 theses not communion for jesus ok. Praise Luther.
This is the pronlem with organised religion, very easy to infiltrate. See also: every protestant branch except Ulster Presbyterianism and a few of the stranger American ones.

It's ebin, laddo, why did you stop updating it?

If the user working on the commie HPM submod is here, another nice idea would be reorganizing colonial nations for self-rule. This wouldn't be done for puppets, but for national cores which are still directly controlled by the communist state. It could apply a negative throughput modifier on all core provinces of the re-reorganized subject nation for a set number of years while increasing POP literacy within those cores, reverting the nation's primary culture back to its original primary (moving the organizing nature's culture back down to merely accepted), and increasing communist sympathies in all core provinces.

When the period is over, there could be an option to release the nation as a civilized communist nation, as an adjunct to the decision that civilizes already-released uncivilized puppets.

>implying he's going to do jack shit
Africamod 2.0

I havent actually dont HoI4 KR. Does it add anything over KR for DH? I also read china is the least finished part wich is a shame since I love Qing.
>The bible is the only infallible source of religious dogma
>Except the parts I say which arent
>Also thank G*d for muslims
>t. luther

He's produced before. If it doesn't happen whatever, but I'm not going to not provide suggestions just because I'm a pessimist.

>He's produced before.
When?

>>Except the parts I say which arent
>>Also thank G*d for muslims
What the bloody hell are you on about? If you mean the Jew parts that were written before Jesus was even born then fuck off back to Judea.

The Bible is a living document that we have been working on since the invention of writing. It would be weirder if there werent some parts we decided werent necessary.

He made a small but important mod for me before when I needed it. Spent a whole day working on it it, too.

>It's ebin, laddo, why did you stop updating it?
It just didn't seem worth the effort, no one actually bothered to use it, no one ever gave any advice. All replies I got back then were either from people who didn't even know what I was doing or people calling it pointless/shit.

*sniff* dog bles that man

It's still beta and some countries have unfinished focus trees, which is most fun feature over DH. You don't get events about your country at random times, you can choose when you want to e.g. claim some clay. One good thing about HoI4 is how moddable railroading is, and people in charge of KR take good care of that. But unfortunately, they can't fix the shit AI - but you won't notice it if you're playing for the first time and just admiring how flexible your political decisions are.

At this point I'd rather pay KR team for the mod than Johan for the base game. It's still shit, but it doesn't feel like shit until you play Germany and steamroll France and Russia without any problems.

To elaborate on focus trees: you have to choose whether you want to spend time on claiming clay, improving industry, land forces, army, navy etc. Can't do them all at the same time.

How incredibly rude.
Well I use your map, whenever I'm creating an ebin fantasy world. If you ever do go back to it please add a division halfway through Ulster, for county Antrim and country down, the two distinctively Protestant/Anglo areas.

>Play Persia mod for HoI4
>Focus tree split between Allies and commitern/axis
>Allies grants little more then a few free divisions and a national modifier that actually makes you weaker
>Axis side grants +40 oil and a very nice positive national modifier
Gee I wonder what the modder wants me to do.

>HoI4

What are the rightful Roman borders?

right here

I know I know but I really have done EVERYTHING in DH I doubt ill play more then 3-4 games.

>Finland mod in HOI4
>focus tree split between axis/free and commie
>axis gives bonuses
>commies take my land
Gee I wonder what the modder wants me to do.

(Maybe this was the choice in real life)

i gigglesqueed

What, /gsg/? /gsg/ is the rightful Roman borders?

Northern Ireland looks more like australia desu then the shape of Ireland. Who here wants a vicky 2 ireland mod?

>taisho ragequits again

>Who here wants a vicky 2 ireland mod?
Would be pretty pointless as it only became relevant in the 20th century.

is there a way to play as Cherokee and genocide Europeans?

>this fucking meme again

>UK draws me into a war and then completely abandons me
>lets Italy peace out with retarded claims
>stays in the war so long that France's entire army gets annihilated and Germany commits to occupying all of France unless he gets a meaningless British colony in Africa

ok lad

A Commonwealth mod would be nice, allowing Britain either to try to directly control Aus/NZ/Can, risking rebellion, federate into an Imperial parliament, or simply take the retard path of distancing them like they did in real life.

Dixielad here, should i boot CW2 back up and continue the CSA game from earlier?

Only played that once as the Union and had no Idea what I was doing but I rushed the capital and won.

AGEOD games are to autistic even for me. So how is the civil war? Is it realistic in that its impossible to win as the south and if you start to do well the north goes full on rape mode with unlimited manpower and industry?

I dont know Ive only played union but there is a thing that lets you completely outnumber the south at the beginning of the war and you get to do it atleast twice even if you zerg. So its really slanted towards the union. Like I made a unit in every city because I was a young retard at the time whose greatest GSG experience was Lord of the Realms where I just rushed archers.

I've followed a few MP games on other forums and I've actually never seen the South win if both players are skilled. Even if the South wins battles and inflicts heavy casualties on the North, they are always unsustainable for the South. But I'm playing against the AI and memeing about with like 130 national morale in 1863 without actually having invaded the North yet, so I dunno what'll happen.

At some point if the intervention scale tips far enough in the South's favor the UK (and maybe France) intervene for the South -- but then Mexico invades Texas to help the US. So I don't really know.

Also, if you want REAL autism, try To End All Wars. that game is peak autism in AGEOD. it's too difficult for me to get into and i've been playing CW2 for about three years

This x100 and furthermore it should start immediately after the congress of vienna, like maybe 1816. HPM wanted to do an 1816 start I think, before he died in Syria. Maybe he would have had the game end in 1916 too.

>before he died in Syria

what? isn't the guy that made HPM in the process of making a new patch?

lol no

He died fighting ISIS, truly a Syrian hero, Assad will never forget.

This, 1816 mod would be ebin. All modderd are in China though.

Except Africamod, who's just a lazy faggot.

>He died fighting for ISIS
FTFY

i can't tell if this is just b8 and memes or if he actually did. if it's true then how do we know?

He livestreamed his suicide bombing