/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #772 - Fleetway Amy Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/sega_forever_may_be_a_subscription_service_for_the_companys_iconic_retro_games
youtube.com/watch?v=gJyiUTA-Wxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best Amy

What's up with the character Chao? You have to download them or some shit?

I failed to bake, but I will dump.
Bob is Bob Beakly, Fleetway Sonic's galosh wearing alter ego, which we have been over as you all recall.

Gay Amy.

Meh, she's pretty dull.

This page is technically Johnny Lightfoot's first full costume appearance.
This is a Kitching/Elson story by the way.

But he doesn't have it hereAnd you are welcome for the bread. Thanks for these dumps.

Why doesn't Sonic just put the world in a bottle?

Fucking what?

Finally fucking finished this image.

This world continues to need more Jian.

He had a bag. It's easy to miss among all the played hands. And you're welcome. I'm rather enjoying going back through these at the current pace.
Cedric is a UK-localised version of Melvin.

THE WORLD BELONGS IN A BOX.

Looks good and she's gone forever.

I can't remember if it was Established that Robotnik had actually taken over the Special Zone yet.
Anyway this is his Death Egg base there I think. This will be sticking around for a long number of issues. I think it becomes a major plot arc later.
And yes Robotnik has turned into a rotten egg.

Fuck off Lex

>this body has served its purpose
>turning into a fucking egg
What the fuck kind of acid trip am I on right now?

>turned into an egg
Does this count as getting laid?

nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/sega_forever_may_be_a_subscription_service_for_the_companys_iconic_retro_games

>This world continues to need more Jian.

Agreed

>Samefacehotgarbage

Blue hedgehog Sonic

With incredible speed, he's moving his feet.

Or I could just emulate them.

Welcome to Sonic the Comic.
We're mostly set up as regards the Fleetway canon here. Sonic, Tails, Amy, Johnny Lightfoot, Poker Lewis, Grimer, Robotnik's Special Zone base and... one more upcoming element which played a big role to my recollection.
Oh & Knuckles.

It's on my cycling playlist, not gonna lie, it gets me the most pumped up out of everything else I have on there.

Which would be more likely for cheese to be, reincarnation or a descendant of chaos?

Wait, why is Kintober...

The fucks going on anymore?

Descendant. Chaos is still around.

Kintobor had an AI backup.

>I wonder who's behind this post

Pink neutral run to make a classic amy chao.

Okay, that explains that, at least.

I don't like Green Lex Luthor's redesign.

So when Sonic Forces comes out on PC, what mods are you guys looking forward to seeing?

Kintobar's computer has his holographic image, or brain or something. I'm not sure which issue brought it up. Fleetway tended to be pretty dense on plotpoints so thinks can be easy to miss. Or maybe they expected people to infer things. There were two weeks between issues iirc.
Sonic comes off as a hardened cynic in these earlier stories.
Also, why isn't he bringing Tails along? I know tails had his own side story in the comic at this point, but it's odd.

B R E A S T S L I D E R

Frogs for character creator.

I think the base is different every time someone breaks into it.
And yes, he really is in that Egg. Prepare yourselves.

Nothing, because that's exactly what we're getting.

Hopefully some levels and of course the character mods for Sonic's friends to be playable like they should've been.

Thanks britbong

I don't think I'm ready.

I'd better dump the cover for this issue.
I'm guessing most anons here have never read this one, or knew about .... the eggs.

>No mods
>For a Sonic game on PC
Okay, user.

Modding scene is long dead, user.

Not him but the talented people will probably concern themselves with Mania, plus Forces will probably disappoint, so...

This is canon.
This is canon now.
This is how Robotnik changes his appearance.
This is why he is called.... The Egg Man.

Generations has a penis mod, so that.

>green eyes

reeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What are you talking about?

That logic is pretty flimsy. Just because there's gonna be people modding for Mania doesn't mean they won't bother with Forces. Not to mention, since Boost games are usually pretty popular, there is no reason why modders would be turned off of modding this game, when Gens had a shit ton of mods.

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Lost World didn't really have a great scene. Neither did Taxman's Sonic CD remaster.

Yeah but to be fair, not a whole lot of people cared about Lost World at all. Forces seems to have more interest & with things like OC creator, it's practically begging for moderation.

Rotten. user. You must feel Rotten.
Modding depends on how mod friendly the game is in the first place. If there aren't any content files to edit, scene tends to be slow. It's pretty different to ROM hacking.
Grimer is the most ..... ITV henchman really. I swear he reminds me of some other henchman on a TV show, but I can't place it.
Elson tends to draw Amy as a female Sonic, complete with surly frown. Inevitably some of you will find this "cute".

>moderation

>Rotten. user. You must feel Rotten.

I meant mods, shut up

This messes with my headcanon something fierce.
So.... why is there brickwork and a wooden door in a floating metal fortress? That's some seriously bespoke architecture on GFrimer's dungeon.
And I think Fleetway does channel some SatAm/Archie at times. And AoStH obviously.

Was there ever a shield/gimmick like this? I'm thinking of Super Monkey Ball, but I assume this was in at least one of the games in some form.
Also Elson expresses a lot through hands. Is this common for these types of comic, or is there a name for it?

Was there a Metal Amy in anything ever? I don't think I've ever seen a Metal Amy.

There was one in the Archie comic, I think, 20 issues before the reboot.

Not in the games.

There was also Knuckles and Sally turned into a robot.

Amy still wearing her official 1993 outfit so far. Also Tails isn't the only Fleetway character trapped in an abusive relationship.
Robotnik tends not to use Egg Mobiles too often in StC iirc. Kind of wierd, but mostly he just stands about in keyscenes seems to impose.

How many times is SEGA going to try and sell me a poorly emulated ROM? At the very least make a decent port fukwits.

But hey, anything that stops people from buying Saturns means I get to have more of them.

Not gonna happen. At best you can hope for someone to make certain pre-set sizes.

Making sprites that fit well in Mania is probably going to be harder than duck-taping pre-existing models to Forces.

Good show and ya damn right

youtube.com/watch?v=gJyiUTA-Wxw

Boobs is some capacity is really all I want. I understand that a functioning slider as part of the character creation menu is probably not feasible, but what you described would be nice.

"Metallix" was the Fleetway name for "Metal Sonic", and that's what everyone in Britain called him to my knowledge. As far as I'm concerned it was fucking awesome.

Metallix become a major Fleetway plot point later on. I think Kitching liked writing about them, and Elson liked drawing them. As far as we're concerned it'll be bloody awesome.
Metal Sonic will never sound right. It'll always be Metallix to me.

would you know that sonic was a hedgehog if you wasn't told?

Not really. Nor Knuckles. Or Espio.

Off the top of my head, Tails and Rouge and Cream/Vanillia are the only obvious ones.

lmao no

pretty much, I might've guessed espio from the tail.

the top-right would be something more clear but if you lose the shape of his head quills he would be less iconic

I've seen enough of this comics to know that i'm interested in reading all of them. Probably in release order.

Thanks user, you've got me hooked.

Now look at this hammer...

HAMMER HIM, NOT ME!

>Not telling Fleetway Amy "hit on him, not me!"

Well, if you last through the Captain Plunder storyline, it'll be worth it for the Sonic CD and S3&K plotlines.

Fuck, this comic WAS the bomb. I wasn't dreaming after all. UP STATUS: FIRED.

He has spines and curls into a ball.
Knuckles on the other hand....

I still have pending to finish reading Game of Thrones, The Odyssey and the real Sonic comics and yet i'm sitting here reading Tails gets trolled.

What am I doing with my life?

Looks lovely
>tfw thought the graffiti in the back said "shill"

reading finer material in life

I'd really love if Sega would release remakes of Adventure, Adventure 2, and Heroes with a retranslated script and new voice acting.
The scripts we got in the English versions are fucking mangled.

Homer ain't got shit on this guy.

I always wondered what it would be like if StC tried to adapt the games after Sonic Adventure. StC Online does a great job, but imagining Kitching and Elson working on an SA2 adaptation is just too good for words.

I agree on SA2 and Heroes, but nothing was wrong with the original Adventure script.

What if Nigel Kitching wrote a Sonic game?

Just how bad were they? I remember that one thing in Heroes but that's about it.