/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

feels edition

Last thread: >Endless Space 2
- Official Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Soundtrack soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
- Community Hub games2gether.com/

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (unembed)

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri
>Endless Space 2
- patch notes
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/25869-1-0-5-preview-patch-notes?page=1
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/25780-preview-1-0-4-patch-notes?page=1
-wiki
wiki.endless-space.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

teamliquid.net/blogs/402446-simcity-4-tutorial-part-1
youtube.com/watch?v=JeeSPUOhsgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guys where should i build trade companies and subsidiaries?

Post a custom faction and explain it.

Turbo tall race. Power level hero with riftborn magic and the science of religion. Consume whole planets in half the time!

The system that you can build the improvements for system trade the fastest. You want the wonder and it costs lots of production.

Also I think the system with the most luxuries.

>visual affinity vodyani
>has to build colony ships
so
uh
what do vodyani colony ships look like?

Reminder that this shit still isn't fucking fixed despite today's patch.

They're the leecher ships, since those are their "civilian" ships, I think.

Also, does anyone else do this?
>build ark with max thrusters
>move to destination
>redesign to max essence generation
>upgrade
This is the proper way to cheese arks, right?

Same as leecher, now they colonize instead of leech.

Better to build all production modules and spam leechers I think. Especially since they get the 15 prod +5% so early.

/gsg/ told me to bring citybuilding questions here since /cbg/ is dead

I'm trying to learn simcity 4, and I've got a decent city built. It's built well enough that my sims are demanding more everything. The issue is that none of my lots will grow higher, and I'm running out of room to build out.
I know I could start a new city in another tile and use it to absorb the excess demand, but I'm sort of following teamliquid.net/blogs/402446-simcity-4-tutorial-part-1 and he gets baby skyscrapers before starting a second city.

>The Holy Land
GOYIM KNOW

Pretty much, arks are so fucking good.

Hero skills are so, so entirely not balanced

Counseler is outright shit

Spamming leechers only works if you have access to things to leech.

I was actually looking to doing this and shitting on everyone in extra large map. Still playing Unfallen campaign, but can you explain further what exactly reduces the price so much? Only tech or some hero perks on top of that? Also I assume it's exclusive to Lumeris, because Unfallen don't have anything similar.

How do you guys balance research with energy income? I'm always finding myself running low on energy AND research.

What map size do you play on?

it'll probably never be fixed. this game is an unbalanced sack of dogshit. being able to buy ships for 1/5th the sell price just shows the developers literally didn't even fucking playtest their own game.

youtube.com/watch?v=JeeSPUOhsgE
Stellaris soundtrack is perfect for listening while going to sleep. It's third day already when i leave it playing for night to lull me.

And good night /civ4xg/. I will have tiring day tomorrow, it's nice to lurk here when I'm on break in work.

it was actually patched today. the exploit was being able to buy several of the module that reduces buyout price by 20%... you could get a bunch of them and essentially reduce the price to nothing.

Fucking loved that game.
Legends was okay.

hello wiz

In ES2 is is better to invade or assist a minor faction? I'm playing UE.

there is literally no benefit to invading a minor other than capturing them before a rival can integrate them via influence

How do I maximize border growth on systems?
That fucking cuck Zelevas has Raia right on the borders of his empire and he's gobbling up all my territory.

>ES2
>Multiple engines increase galaxy map speed
>Does literally nothing in battle

Assisting is easier early game, especially on militarist minors like hissho. The flip side is you can get bad assist missions that you can't do right away. The minors provide you bonuses anyway though.

The engines are light speed drives for traveling through lanes. Battles use sublight engines.

user, do you use hyperdrive while in combat?

Influence.
You'll never outpace Zelevas's border growth though, the UE is all about influence.

>He doesn't use hyperdrive in combat
>He doesn't go fast

I don't want to outpace him, I just want to slow his growth enough that he doesn't engulf a quarter of my constellation within twenty turns.

For UE what is Traitor's Reach? Is is worth it or better to get +20% food for outpost?

wiz go home

You can also just wait for them to get to 100 relations and assimilate them anyways.

It isn't very good, but could provide a small dust/science boost until you can get better systems. At that point, you can raze it for a colony ship.

it's a single tiny boreal world
not worth it in the absolute fucking slightest

Traitor's Reach is a shitty 1 planet system that is generated in the middle of nowhere that is given to you as an OUTPOST, not even a colony. Any of the other choices are better than that.

>Not going faster than the speed of light then guessing when to stop to appear right behind your enemy and sneak attack them.

Is there an automation policy that just builds whatever improvements you haven't placed in a system yet? Getting tired of micromanaging every system when they run out of build queue orders

wrong. it's still possible even with 1. it just takes more clicks to get infinite money now.

I'd sniff her butthole till I die

same desu

Yes. It's the 'AUTOMATION POLICY' on the left side. Pick a type, it builds towards that type.

This is in ES2.

This exploit makes my autism flare up so hard. knowing it's possible to do, yet purposely avoiding doing it because it's "unfair" is so fucking nerve-wracking. if something is in the game, I'm gonna fucking use it.

Wiz wouldn't criticise someone for not playtesting their own game, he's even more guilty of that himself
> dedicated bugfix patch doesn't fix any bugs and causes a bunch of new ones, requires its own bugfix patch

Are you autistic?

post qt's and butts.

>stopping
The ship is the weapon

Holy shit going to war right after finishing the Sheredyn questline makes me hype as fuck

shame I disabled conquest and supremacy victory this game

Yes, but ONLY for specializations. E.g. if I pick "Dust", it will build +dust improvements, but will just sit and do nothing if there's are no more dust improvements, making it functionally useless as a set it and forget it option

I want something that just says "Is there anything left to build? If so, build it", which as far as I can tell is not in ES2

Why would you ever disable those?

>on Veeky Forums
You know the answer to that question

you first

disabling every victory type after I completed it, possibly skipping score victory

after I've done them all once I'll just turn off economic and score me thinks

How do I get rid of heroes in ES2?

>playing UE
>2 terran planets in starting system
>find another system with arid garden of eden
>next system has terran planet with lava planets

>Search a planet anomaly, it's a garden of eden with science from scrap.

holy shit this seed is insane.

[male choir intensifies]

What are the best recent 4x or grand strategy games for pure singleplayer? Getting kind of sick of getting into a game only to find that all its interesting aspects are weighed down by an obsession with multiplayer balance or symmetry

anyone?

I've got this faggot shitrace blocking leadership of my military faction in power when I could be getting much better empire wide bonuses from someone who isn't a minor race

>vodyani ships start sucking my system
>get them to retreat with a military ship
>vodyani starts screeching about me destroying a "defenseless" "civilian" ship

>Trespass in Riftborn territory
>"What is your objective here?"
Why is Riftborn such a perfect waifu race?

>recent
>non multiplayer focused
pick 1 and only 1

Endless Legend is probably your best bet

Maybe check out Pandora if you haven't know about that, but don't get disappointed that it's not SMAC

not sure that you can dismiss heroes

>essence leech ships are just all sloted with essence leech and no weapons

they aren't wrong

Technically, it is defenseless.

>when they get mad and their diplo screen starts shaking and flickering
Adorable

How recent?
Galciv3 is gud with its expansion.
Stellar Monarch is unique and fun too.

>build a bunch of military ships because war with sophons who are right next to me
>get message from unfallen that my fleets are too close to their borders and that they are worried
>don't even know where their borders are yet

Their borders are the vines.

other way around
doesnt work though
>cant colonize lava planets
>cant get rid of lesser races

well they should stop putting them everywhere. Can I see them?

I think I need to get the militarists out of my senate so he's no longer in charge of them and then have them voted back in

hopefully that'll work, but I mean, I've almost won and that would take me 40 turns, 20 of not playing militarist, sounds kinda shitty

Is there a way to improve the stutter/lag I get later into my games? Or do I need to just get a better CPU?

If you've accepted peace with them, your territory is already theirs. Enjoy being the sockpuppet of trees for the entire game

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

>tfw can't splice their stupid trees

Ark ship riftborn are weird.
I think the best thing to do would be make them the Reapers from Mass Effect. Make them a military dictatorship with Social Chameleons. Bonuses to infantry strength. Give them expensive ships and some other stuff. Have them declare war on everyone they meet to get social chameleon production. Mass produce Arkships with faith and build your population with production. Make them have negative food bonuses so they kill any organic population on planets and enslave the rest.

>[muffled choir]
help

Holy shit you're fucked.

Any fix to neverending "Pending Turn" issue? Tried downloading the beta patch but no luck

How does i play vodyani

>last game ended with me drunkenly declaring war before bed, waking up this morning to find myself in an unwinnable war

loading the latest auto save has fixed it 4 out of 4 times for me

What determines if riftborn can colonize all those sterile planets off the bat?
Riftborn affinity, or Continuum Sculptors?

I think it is both.

How do I even start a game playing as Vodyani?

>>scour my constellation for a minor faction planet
>>might find one by turn 20
>> start leaching, use my hero and starting watcher to try and protect it
>>get ass raped by waves of pirates
>>leecher dies before I can get any reinforcements
>>not enough essence for an ark
>>quit game while every other empire has 4+ systems by now

>Those hips
>mostly humanoid, except for the fact that their shoulders are detached
Holy shit, I love every aspect of their design, from the basic soldier to the heroes and to the grand viceroy.

I want amplitude to put out an artbook of the more common configurations and chassis for the Riftborn.

I think that Influence and Unity should be the same resource.

>>>might find one by turn 20
split up your fleet and USE PROBES to scout down and across lanes

I want amplitude to put out an artbook period

preferably of ES2 as that has the best art by far so far

time to get cleansed.

Continuum Sculptors

You can put the ability on other races.

Which Hero for the UE did you pick? Science, Military or Religion?

How do you deal with waves of pirates? I have the same problem as that guy. Usually get unlucky and then either the quest pirates spawn in the closest minor faction system or they just queue up and take a number for the gangbang

pirates will spawn every 1-3 turns as long as you have ship in a non-pacified minor system
every subsequent wave of pirates will be stronger than the last
pirates ONLY attack the player, AI is unaffected by them

because of this bullshit I have disabled pirates

You build a protector ship with debris analyzer stacked. Have it go around killing all the pirates you make MASSIVE amounts of science. Like 45 per ship killed per protector.

2 protector ships together killing the groups of 2 pirates earns you 180 science. I've got a good start and only make 150 science with UE on turn 22.

noice