Successful Surgery Edition

>What is Rimworld?
Sci-Fi colony simulator, similar to dwarf fortress but with graphics
>Alpha 17 Released!
ludeon.com/blog/2017/05/alpha-17-on-the-road-released/

Please don't die

o boy i love rimworld im going to play the new patch today

Fuck yeah

"Plant generation algorithm for map start reworked to generate plants in more interesting patterns, with denser areas and more clear areas interspersed, and groves of trees in sparse biomes."
+
Melee changes have me psyched

I want to play but more than half of my mods are 16

Yeah great now I need to wait for the 100 or so mods I use to update.

>mfw I'm both happy that a new update is out but also sad that I have to wait for my myriad of mods to update to the current version

With the new patch I was hoping this general would actually live longer

so what's new

Roads, rivers, tripple shot shotgun, self healing, animals are supposed to be a more viable food resource now, quests, trading prices has been balanced, bowler hat, water is now animated, smarter AI, new trait: wimp.

There's probably loads of stuff that I've forgotten or can't think of right now but that is the big ones probably.

rimjobworld update when

I feel like there's less people who play vanilla than those who play with mods

Why limit yourself when you can add extra fun? Vanilla is alright but modded is better.

damn that sounds nice too bad I have mods

What mods are a must (for A16) ?

The reason I haven't started to use mods yet was because I've yet to finish a colony. I've wanted to master the vanilla before I play with mods

Why does Rimworld always pause for a minute when downloading

tynan hacks your machine so he can record you jerking off to anime

bomp

Is anyone else here completely and utter uncreative and unimaginative when it comes to bases?

I can't seem to break out of the boring old box-ish base with stupid stale rooms.

Post bases if you're at least decent.

>Is anyone else here completely and utter uncreative and unimaginative when it comes to bases?
Me. Planning isn't my strong thing.

The one thing I usually do is get every dwarf an extremely luxurious room. Usually I run a dwarf hotel, but that's about all the creativity I have in me. 4x4 for every dwarf.

yay my fav general is back

when will rimworld have good modders