What's a better truck than picrelated in the current year?

What's a better truck than picrelated in the current year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/USFSJ7kEPs8?t=29
heritage.org/index/ranking
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally anything else? It's worst in class.

In what way?

this, it's worse than the honda mini-van chassis truck

>150
How does having shitty unreliable V6 engine make it better?

the best has to be a ram with no infotainment, the only thing chrysler gets right is trucks, and jeeps

Too heavy and very bad gas mileage.

This

To understand Japanese trucks one must see the landscape.

Everyone in Europe and Asia wants big american pickup trucks. Because of displacement and other taxes and America being a far away export, the japs have released cars that look like pickup trucks without any of the functionality or efficiency of american trucks but everything is all right as long as it looks like a big american truck.

Every american pickup truck will be more fuel efficient and have a higher tow rating than that of japanese trucks.

>Everyone in Europe and Asia wants big american pickup trucks
#cringe

F-150

There's a reason they are the most popular pick up truck and vehicle in America. They're just that good.

>fleet sales

Why do whites buy trucks?

Blacks rarely use trucks.

Mexicans need them for their jerbs.

But, whites?

in the south because they either use it for work, or never use it for truck duties besides hauling some furniture... those are trust fund millennials that have no personality and are literal clones of their boomer parents

I've seen you Europeans rolling around on jacked up pickup trucks with all sorts of off-road crap bolted on, 10 billion off-road lights, and always a snorkel. For every rigged up pickup truck I see here in America there was like 3 more in Europe.

Without biting into the bait; jap-trucks fit our environments and the customer groups better than the american ones. Due to how we classify vehicles with weight american pickups are often too big & heavy when registered as a normal car/truck that everyone can drive. This results in scenarios where an F250 might be allowed to carry 900 pounds in the bed, wheras my Hilux will be allowed to carry 1550 pounds in the bed. Towing weight will however often be higher on the larger, heavier and more powerful american trucks - but even here its become kinda moot as the latest generations of the jap trucks are allowed to tow the full 3.5 tons/7700 pounds, which is maximum and the same the american trucks would be allowed to tow when classified as the same

If you were to use the full potential of an american truck you'd need to register it as a "light truck" and have the light truck license or bigger - but in that class they become a tad too small, as the same class encompasses such vehicles as the largest Mercedes-Benz Sprinter & VW Crafter vans, Iveco flatbed & cargo trucks and so on, vehicles that are all bigger, more spacious and even cheaper to own than an american pickup.

Customer groups - pickups are seemingly much more used for work/activties that require a truck than in the US, where they seem to much more often be used as personal vehicles & daily drivers for people who have no actual need of the capabilities of a truck. Pickups thus become more common in areas like mine, where winters are long and cold, people do a lot of hunting and fishing, the roads can be quite crap and more.

For the ones like me who own a pickup truck privately and use it as their personal vehicle the "small" japanese pickup truck with its 2.5-ish diesel engine is an affordable and reasonable DD, while a fuckhuge 'murican truck that weighs 5500lbs and has a 9 foot bed you're never going to really use to its full potential & that also drinks twice of what a Hilux is... well, not

burgers never use their tacomas for work its literally just for autists that want to look like they have an outdoorsy lifestyle

I'd go for either the Raptor or Silverado Z71

>murican truck that weights 5500lbs

try 8000+ lbs

>have a higher tow rating
Completely made up numbers. Toyota is the only one that conforms to a standard tow rating.

When the Tundra came out in 2007 some car magazine loaded it up to its max tow capacity, along with the F-150, Chevy 1500 amd Ram 1500. All loaded to max tow ratings. They then raced them to 60mph and back to 0. The Tundra had the most weight (highest tow rating) and had done 0-60-0 before any of the other trucks even hit 60.

And that's why the Tundra is the best truck. Also it doesn't fall apart after 3 years.

Toyota

Unreliable

Pick one

lol how do i shot greentext

You'd have to drive a jacked up diesel one ton to get to 8000 lbs.

>muh new dishwasher
>muh jetski trailer
>muh keeping up with the joneses

I like amerifat trucks but it always bothered me how small wheels/tires are compared to a size of the body.

Like tiny hilux has 33" tires stock and HD2500 31,5" or so?

Would cut the shit out of fenders if there's not enough space and go with at least 37".

Or that

For the hell of it; lets compare these two vehicles in pic related.

Blue truck is a 1993 F350, with a 7.2l diesel engine. This thing weighs nearly 6800lbs without the driver, and nothing in the bed. It has 4WD, relatively beefy 32 inch tires stock and plenty of power and torque to tow & lug around some heavy stuff. Not quite sure which engine, if its the Powerstroke or the International, but it still has grunt.

Now, enter my very own Toyota Hilux. With no driver & nothing in the bed it weighs in at a tiny near 2400lbs, and is powered by a tiny 2.5 diesel sporting 101hp & 240nm. By no means a big or especially powerful truck, towing a one-ton trailer is very noticeable as soon as you start any noticable ascent.

Now, in the norwegian/european classification system these are both registered as standard personal vehicles, with the only difference being that mine has green plates because its registered as a "tradesman vehicle", restricting me to three or two seats, while offering cheaper yearly registration fee. This means that none of these can have a vehicle total weight of over 3.5 tonnes, or roughly 700 pounds.

The result? My Toyota can be loaded with just over 1500lbs, and also tow another 500lbs if you have the extended license for trailers, otherwise you can only tow just over 1600lbs.
The big shit getting taken is what the Ford is allowed to carry. 900lbs, and the driver also counts with that. You cannot even tow behind it because its not registered for that from the US due to its age

American trucks really make no sense at all in Europe due to needing a different license beyond 7700 lbs.

Towed once swb patrol on tandem trailer with landcruiser and actually had to call a friend with commercial licence to drive since total weight was over 3.5t.

I know, and it kinda sucks. Sure, its not hard to get that license (a lot of people have it simply because they are old enough to get it "for free", while many have it because of their job and so on), but its just that, as mentioned in , a standard american full-size will be quite small when put in the "light truck" class, with so many other vehicles outdoing it

You can still get an f150 with a 5.0 coyote

Everything you post if makes me really glad I don't live in that shithole. Do you need a licence to wipe your ass too?

It's ok to have more freedom like I'm kinda mad at how strict euro laws are regarding the modding and general requirements for car to be roadworthy but I'm not ok with commercial licence starting with 11 tons.

Like 18 y/o kid without any experience can haul with his glorified open tray van 8 ton backhoe on trailer? Fuck, I would not want that thing anywhere close to me.

Lack of regulation comes at a price tho, think US has much higher ratio of deaths on road compared to Europe despite cars being bigger and speeds lower.

79 series cruiser.

>why yes of course it's reasonable to let 16 year olds drive 26,000 lbs tow combinations after passing a piss easy test in their mom's 2,600 lbs Honda Civic
In other words: Have you ever seen a 80,000 lbs semi truck driver being trained on an 8,000 lbs truck?

Then what do you cunts use for work?

An 18 year old can rent one of these, Load up 15k lbs and drive it with a normal licence and it has air brakes. That's beautiful. Yeah a lot more people die here but you gotta break some eggs sometimes.

>Have you ever seen a 80,000 lbs semi truck driver being trained on an 8,000 lbs truck?

Yes? And the steering wheel holders can barely handle that... It's a little scary but oh well. Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure you can get your cdl with an automatic now.

Where I live it's a popular hobby to load these up with fertilizer and drive em to government buildings!

>I'm not allowed to use my american truck like it was meant to because the retarded eurocuck laws wont let me
what a shame
Also, ratios are always skewed, I would actually like to know where you got that info

>some car magazine
>2007
lol

What info?

>jeeps

Please. Everyone knows the new Fiat based Cherokees are absolute trash

Don't know where I heard about it, was under impression that it was well known fact.

European weight tiers for licenses are just as arbitrary as American tiers, and European truck ratings would make just as little sense in America as American truck ratings do in Europe.

This pretty much sums up commercial trucking in US.

youtu.be/USFSJ7kEPs8?t=29

Blizzard, black ice, doesn't matter, have to drive, make masta monies, make masta happy, drive right into da fire.

highly skewed numbers
the united states has a higher per capita that own vehicles, and those people drive more miles than in smaller countries

you'd do better to compare individual states to European countries

The US are worse at deaths per billion miles driven, too, only with less of a margin. But it's still a shocking rate considering your laughable speed limits and moron-proof road layouts. I've driven in the US illegally years before even attending driving school in Germany, and it wasn't particularly difficult.

>tfw Oklahoman

Americans don't seem to understand that big == unpractical in many parts of the world.

Hilux weighs 3850, not 2400....no clue why I wrote 2400

Small trucks are comfy

>Too young to remember the 3VZE that needed head gaskets done every 75k

>Too young to remember the folding Toyota Recalloma

You know you can still get the 5L V8 option, right?

Tundra has a great engine, I'll give it that. But the thing drinks gas like a fucking hog. But it's to be expected with any big pickup truck.

Toyota might replace the IForce engine, or make it fuel efficient one day, maybe.

>tfw mpg could be so much better if the EPA would fuck off with their emission horseshit

V6 truck cucks deserve it.

> the japs have released cars that look like pickup trucks without any of the functionality or efficiency of american trucks but everything is all right as long as it looks like a big american truck
wtf are you talking about? This has to be a Termi post.

But you need a licence to drive anything with air brakes, regardless of weight.

And before you bang on about freedom...
heritage.org/index/ranking

>To ignorant to realize that every frame was able to be replaced for free for 15 years.

>Complaining about idiots that don't change the water pumps when they wear out.

>Ignores that I called it the Recalloma because of the frame recall

>Calls me ignorant

You really do have the reading comprehension of a young kid.

Water pumps do have replacement intervals, but so do the head gaskets on those old 4Runners. Toyota trucks just aren't as reliable as their passenger cars, end of story.

Yotacuck in full damage control, just like Toyota after the Tacoma recalls. If Tacomas were actually engineered well, they wouldn't split in half.

/thread

More than fleet sales that's because GM splits theirs between Chevy and GMC...combine those 2 sales #s and then blow Ford away most years

Not in Murrica. Only if it's over 30k lbs or something.

Goof point, for a moment I forgot that GMCs and Chevy trucks are the same. Either way, a GM or Ford pickup are a way better buy than a Tundra.