Why does Honda keep making hybrids every once in a while when they don't sell

Why does Honda keep making hybrids every once in a while when they don't sell.

To meet fleet mileage up across the brand to meet some dumb law. It's the same reason why Aston Martin sells a rebranded Toyota IQ

Wtf?

shit flinging until something sticks

honda should stop selling everything besides the civic, a 21st century crx, crv, s2000 replacement, and fits. anything else should be acuras. honda keeps failing at trying to copy toyota when they should just be honda instead. a civic hybrid would eat prius sales instead of trying to copy the prius. no ones buying hyundai ioniqs

acura
>hrv
>pilot
>odyssey
>accord
>ridgeline
honda
>fit
>crv
>civic
>crx
>s2000

hell if you take the civic lop off a quarter of the car mend a hatch with it and only make it 2 doors thats your modern crx

They've been selling a Civic Hybrid for like 15 years

Civic Hybrid was discontinued. Not enough sales to warrant it.

>a civic hybrid would eat prius sales
>Civic Hybrid was discontinued
Lol

Civic hybrid failed because it looked too normal. Hybrid drivers want everyone else to know they drive a hybrid so they can virtue signal while getting the same mileage as a similarly sized gas car, which is why the Prius looks like a failed abortion

8th and 9th gen civics look too much like a hand held hoover

They set the bar too high.

which is what traditional honda would do. now theyve given up trying and rely on brand to sell

Instead of making good cars? Because their cars are very good now days

The 2015 CR-V I rented earlier this year was absolute garbage. The visibility was awful and the gear shifter felt like a cheap video game controller.

>Hybrid drivers want everyone else to know they drive a hybrid so they can virtue signal while getting the same mileage as a similarly sized gas car, which is why the Prius looks like a failed abortion

I've been saying this for years. Hybrids need to STAND OUT. Doesn't matter if it's ugly as sin, just so long as people can tell from a glance at 100 yards that you're saving the earth with every mile driven.

So every modern car ever? What's a good car in your opinion? A '94 EG hatch with a few simple mods?

theyre missing the tightness of cars of yesteryear

Old cars are "loose" as fuck

>every modern car
As a classic car enthusiast, this is the information my heart wants me to parrot. I know it is not true, however.

yeah because theyre old and the majority of their owners never maintained them besides changing fluids or tires maybe if you werent underage youd have the experience and memory to recall that asian cars from the 90s have far superior build quality than the flimsy feeling engineered to a price point theyre putting out now

Bitch I drove Asian cars from the 90s, even well maintained ones. Doesn't change the fact that they're old and everything gets fatigued after decades

If you want to see a poorly made car go look at the 8th gen Civic, damn thing is a total turd with its fit and finish, even when it was new. But then compare it to the 10th gen and it's a quantum leap and is put together better than cars like the CLA and even the C class

But you idiots would just call it ugly and keep jerking off to your 90s shitboxes

>everything gets fatigued after decades
Then replace the failing parts.

you have no memory or experience having never driven a brand new 90s toyota or honda out of the showroom. driving a 15yo car even if it looks mint will never drive like when it was brand new unless everything in the suspension was restored which for mainstream consumer cars never happens

Yeah man just change out all the bushings, just $50 and an afternoon

Get a job and pay a professional to fix your car, you neanderthal.

Neither have you

>b-but they were better put together, honestly!
So why has the average age of cars on the road only increased?

Cars from 2007 are holding up a lot better in 2017 than cars from 1997 were holding up in 2007

Or you can just buy a good car instead of driving around in a 30 year old Toyota shitbox. You don't even need to buy new, a 5 year old Accord is a great purchase at a fraction of it's new price and much better than any Accord from the 90s

Why would I drive something I don't like when I have enough money to drive something I do like? Have you never had a steady income before?

>I like 90s shitboxes
>No honestly guise, I can totes afford something better but I'd rather drive this!

ill conclude theres no more to this discussion as youre letting you schizophrenia do the speaking now

>Stop liking what I don't like.
I like barges, actually.

Keep driving that "well built" shitbox, poorfag

They make modern barges too

Looks like poopy. Me no likey.

Switch HRV and CRV if you're going for bigger cars in acura