>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Our pastebin (Don't bother reading this right now, it needs an overhaul)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Noob questions answered that you didn't think to ask
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Debugger guide and download
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453&highlight=debug

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
Last thread? :

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/259060/discussions/0/458607518213647917/?ctp=10
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=NewGamePlus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im not the usual op and the only reason that i made this thread is that i didnt know what happened to the gen.
I knew that dominions is a fairly niche game but i didnt know its that bad

I also dont have time to bump the thread right now
See you space cowboys

Is vermin feast any good?

is going death with Anakim any good? Dirge of the Dead seems cool and having undead jewish giants seems badass

it depends

someone host a late age game

Are you talking about a death bless? You can reach Dirge with almost any Zamzummite anyway. Dirge also isn't great compared to banquet for the dead, which is conj 8 rather than 6, costs a bit more over twice the gems and kills the zamzummite, but gives you 4x the number of ditanim as well as a kickass malik, which is basically a ditanu with slightly better stats and D2B2?2.
If you want to go heavy on your bless to boost your anakim, ditanim and malikim, N9 is your boring but so good that to not take it is crazy choice.

Someone recommend a fun la nation...

Man is fun, even if it can only do one thing and everyone knows what that thing is.

Thread deader than I am.

Marignon or Jomon

Last thread reached the post limit. Fuckers, including myself, were too lazy to make a new one.

Atlantis is pretty fun.

I like Caelum. Great mobility, Raven Guards can actually stand toe-to-toe with elite infantries of other nations and you have some earth access to buff them (almost a bit like Revelers) and your national summons give complete diversity in endgame.

Pan is also nice. They're also mobile despite fielding heavy infantry and Centaur Sages communion really nicely (high HP for turbocommunions and they are more resilient to RoS fuckery and other issues usually faced by communion nations).

speak for yourself my dude, I was asleep

who is recruiting?

Ok. Never played either of those nations in any age.

>LA
>fun
Pick one.

I think the best LA nation is that death-heavy human nation.

What was it called... Oh yeah, all of them.

There are LA human nations with no death at all if you don't count summons.

What does Ragha want to do in mid-late game for new tech or battle strategies after they reach their tech 4/5(fire eles/fireball+cloud/fire arrow) goals?

How do you have more than one spell path requirement on a spell? Like, I want a summon spell to need death 3, water 2. How do I write that? Just inputting the path twice doesn't work, it then only costs water 2.

Let me ask this another way: the manual doesn't seem to indicate how powerful the spell is (ie, numbers on what it does). Does anyone have any information on it as to how well it works?

Fuck all that and go cold Ragha and spam A elems and t strike with storm and fog warriors.

LA Pangaea is pretty fun. They're no Reveler, but your troops are still elites in comparison to most nations, and your Panii are some of the strongest mages of the age. The Centaur Sages are also excellent communion mages, since they recuperate from communion-injuries and, between Enlarge/Personal Regeneration, can even survive the abusive communion in the first place. Finally, your Dryads are great: they're effective assassins, and sometimes they even get you new mages.

What's people's strat re: research mages? Do you buy the cheaper ones for minimum cost or go for the big ones to accelerate your research faster?

If you were fomoria would you use firbolg or fomorian druids for your research?

#path 0 x --x is a path-number, 0-8, 0 indicates that it's the primary path
#path 1 z --z is a path-number, 0-8, including the same path as the primary, 1 indicates that it's the secondary path
#pathlevel 0 n1 --0 indicates that this references the primary path, n1 is the path-level required
#pathlevel 1 n2 --1 indicates that this references the secondary path, n2 is the path-level required

Medium mages if you expect to have a war, small mages for macroing of fort production.

how do you set up those buffs for communions? Is it like, having the communion master casting personal regen and all the communion members/ or just slaves gaining it?

Damn, Helheim is being max scrappy. Another good turn, dude.

LA Gath is it? Or whichever the one descended from Jewish Giants is. I also enjoy the Russians. Most of the LA nations are about fielding huge armies of normal humans, so if you want to have fun you have to think about how to augment those forces.

Ulm can be quite fun as a blood nation also (but then again everyone is a blood nation in LA).

>fomoria
Depends if you have magic scales or not.

In magic scales, a couple of forts making fir bolg druids is a good idea to cheaply accelerate your research, but still spend most of your gold on the fomorian druids. You'll want the fomorians for fighting.

Without magic scales, fomorian druids are more expensive up front but not much worse on upkeep long-term. Still get a few fir bolg, but only for the A/E crosspath.

Can't you just look at literally any mod including a multipath spell to figure it out?

A master just needs to cast a spell that targets the caster and all the slaves get it. So Power of the Spheres, Earthpower, and Personal Regeneration, etc. The best part is that you can use Crystal Matrices to plug Panii into the communion. Be wary though, he can easy kill your slaves if he starts spamming Bladewind.

Realized that I could just ask here - Riley, do you want pearls?

Any games looking for players?

what's the best nation to learn how to script mages with?
I tried using Therodos, got raped by Ur's magic-blessed giants rush
Using LA Jomon, can't figure out how to use tengus and kitsunes and other summons correctly.
Should I try MA Ulm and their magma/iron darts spam first?

Therodos is actually a hard nation to learn with because they just have fewer mages, so when you fuck up it hurts. Fomoria's a great nation to learn with because their mages are a bit more resilient and they can do all types of magic to an extent - Elementals, Skelly spam, evo spam, battlefield clear in 3 flavors, morale magic, thugging, etc.

>tfw you get memed on by an Earth Snake, script carefully to kill it, the script does not work out as intended, the casters spam useless shit, but you somehow kill the snake nonetheless, even though you lost your whole army to it previously

Any pretender with no equipment can be killed by pretty much anything as long as you got some luck on your side.

With a dedicated gear you can crush any pretender easily unless perhaps it has sky high def and can avoid any hits landing.

But hp/prot/mr alone are easy to beat.

Why do people dislike summod again?
Seems like an overall good mod to me

It is good. It's just a meme to hate it.

bugs and lack of proper documentation, basically

Arbitrary meme changes (A8 TC mages???), lack of documentation, changing from a balance mod to adding meme changes like Pythium cults and other meme stuff.

Personally, a number of buffs/nerfs which I think go way too far. I'll play with summod but prefer vanilla balance.

RoS changes are something I've also seen a lot of other people disagree with.

>Arbitrary meme changes (A8 TC mages???),
To be fair, that was a bug rather than an intentional change.

Hey earthattack admin could you delay for 24 hours please?

Who are you?

Vanheim

Sure, done.

Quick domg quiz - are you more autistic than this guy?

steamcommunity.com/app/259060/discussions/0/458607518213647917/?ctp=10

they were ma ermor players

Did someone want a LA game? Here it is.

In as Bogarus.

Is this a newbie game?

Nope, a regular one.

Even if you are a newbie it's often good to join normal games. People still aren't super good and if you get crushed you can learn more by observing what the other players do if they are better than you.

I'm good but not super good

OC

Viper is a gift that keeps on giving.

>giant Nazca goes AI and then the AI swarms all over everything

I want to like this game so badly but I get early onset ocular cancer symptoms every time I play it.

sucks to be you then

How do I siege an important fort of a competent player in mid-late game?
I can't bring a fuckload of soldiers or he can wreck them and I can't siege with a bunch of thugs.

Crumble, gate smashers, summoned fliers or mercs.

Wall shakers and gate cleavers maybe?

Sounds decent, it's a shame my E income is shit and I pretty much don't have any A mages.

What kind of pretender is good for LA Pan? And what troops do you recruit, hoplites and snipers?

Awake expander, Prod3.

Hoplites, snipers, cataphracts for flanking, satyrs for evocatching.

Like this?

Too much dom imo. Awe is not worth it.

Prod is obligatory. Other than that, you really don't need any particular scale.
Small games vs weak early game nations can be pretty much won with just excellent expansion and dryad rush. N9E4 dom9 awake bull works great for early power and allows you to grab some scales, too.
Awake in general helps Pan, regardless of game size, simply because their troops cost a shitton of resources and you need to capture your capring ASAP. Bull is obviously the best choice because of how cheap it is.
If you want a dormant pretender, consider a carrion dragon. N/D is a great crosspath to have, as it allows you to diversify with lamia queens. N5D2 is enough for summoning them without boosters. High death (D5) can be useful too, both for BoT (if you happen to play vs human nations) and lategame death stuff (well of misery, tartarians). N9 is pretty useful for Pan, too, as it allows them to turn their centaur sages into extremely cost-efficient thugs or very resilient communion slaves with shrouds.

can Man-Eather survive without it?

Then wolves + bags of wine, or maybe fire sneks.

Also Sea trolls have really high siege power for their cost.

Are fire snakes the most useful fire summon besides flame spirits?

Yes with some E prot.

Alright im drunk as fuck boys if the thread is up until tomorrow ill host the LA game you wanted

It's already hosted.

Aleo Ła faerie abysia ma nazca and ea pillars and earthattacj sauromatia
Moreso fuck you atlantis for being new and fuck you tienchink for neing Fredry with a throne and fuck you garb for being big

Ill join reserve me ctis

kurwa

As someone who doesn't normally play in LA, Prod 3 Pan sounds weird.

Does anybody else tend to just assume a nation "belongs" in a certain age even if it exists in others? When I think of Pangea, I don't usually think of LA Pangea. Typically I default to EA Pan.

No jasne ziomus
ID write this in spoiler but i frank to much :Katowice

LA Pan is science

Well, Pan is top tier in EA and MA and merely 'good' in LA. And EA/MA games are much more common in general.
That said, scales Pan with prod is definitely doable in MA (albeit suboptimal), too. Probably not EA, though.

gda

Prod 3 is usually good in LA because troops have lots of armor and provinces are high income so the flat income bonus is more important.

Checked the manual, doesn't seem to say: How much fatigue does trampling cost? Is a non-enc0 trampler ever viable?

IIRC it's encumbrance per square. So enc1+ tramplers are really only viable en masse.

Powidzenia z gdanskiem , jak napisze maturę z ang ustna na 100% to może wbije na morze

Reee! Ulm do you turn for FaerieFen!

LA game, 3/8 slots taken

WE WILL SINK THE WORLD

Grorious Jomon reporting in.

I would check the dom4 mod inspector, that might be what you want.

I have had the worst luck with awake expanders in LA. I've lost dragons, bulls, doggos.

I still want to get ctis rserved

Upload a placeholder pretender.

How can i do that from my phone