Why is the 370z still produced?

Why is the 370z still produced?
It still has a putrid interior for the price.
Who buys this shit

Because people still buy them. My neighbour got his brand new 370z a week back.

>Caring about interior in a performance vehicle
buy a shitty e class

i blame nissan for modern cars being so fucking boring, shit build and cookie cutter

>still has ~15 year old truck engine
>same horsepower as before
>plastic interior
For upwards 35 grand I would expect more.
They need to rehash the Z with that new 3.0TT engine

>370z
>performance vehicle

This is not the GTR.

because it's fun to drive

have you seen the average Mazda or Toyota? Even worse

>truck motor
its a minivan motor

mazda hasnt made a pigfat roadster, toyota at least made a 2+2 rwd coupe that isnt pigfat

That revs to nearly 8k? What a fucking joke you are

>still has ~15 year old truck engine
this is both wrong and not fair criticism
its their flagship engine. they throw it in almost every car they make. if almost any manufacturer took their flagship engine and threw it into a FR layout 2-seater sportscar with a manual transmission, most people wouldnt complain.

Ghosn is an honorary kike, that's why only new crossovers get made from Nissan.

You are right, but the point was it's old, it needs a rehash.
If Infiniti can use the new 3.0TT engine in their lineup why can't Nissan adopt it and redevelop a spiritual successor to the 300zx?

After that scandal with Mitsubishi, I cannot see why they can't pull off a GTO and 300ZX return by itself using this engine

>If Infiniti can use the new 3.0TT engine in their lineup why can't Nissan adopt it and redevelop a spiritual successor to the 300zx?
This is a fair point. While the 370z is executing a tried and true sportscar formula, it does need something to freshen and shake up the brand. The 370z is basically a facelifted 350 thats a bit faster. A FR 2 seater v6tt car would probably cause a lot of enthusiasts to flock back to nissan. They're making too many economy cars and crossovers now. I feel like they're resting on their laurels to a degree.

I dont understand how the g35 line kept getting updated both inside and out, while the all the Z line fucking DIED with the 370
I mean at least look at the GTR, no performance upgrades in a decade but at least they made the interior a bit more livable. It's still an impressive car and holds its own performance wise.
370 has been getting BTFO by v6 pony cars for 5 years now.

i think nissan has just forgotten how to make sportscars

You're being too generous. You're completely right about every point except that they're completely resting on non existent laurels at this point. They need something huge, big time.

what do you drive

>You're being too generous
You're right. I own an older nissan and nissan has made a lot of cars that i hold near and dear to my heart, so its just hard to accept the fact that theyve essentially turned into a cuck brand. Meanwhile Hyundai and Kia are making or developing far more compelling sports cars.

whoops

I know I'll get hate for this but I personally like the 370/350z and would have bought one if it had backseats for the little one

I personally like the exterior styling of the cars as it gives off a underground racing vibe (inb4 NFS underground not like that!)
Point is it looks aggressive while looking sleek which is something that not every car can accomplish

every car maker has forgotten. engineering talent is slim with the millennial generation, just a shit state of the world. japanese millennials are completely autistic and more concerned with engineering sex bots or girlfriend pillows, german millennials are just as fucking autistic but want everything to be like their computer simulation video games, american millennials are completely consumed by race issues, and korean millennials are trying to figure out who to copy next

GTFO, I still love the Z. I'm planning on picking up a Nismo early next year.

niggers

I think thr 350/370 z are ugly as fuck. The only thing appealing is their quickness... Which is also a reason i dont like them because i know theyll dust my na v6 coupe.

Because people buy them

All it would take is a complete different body style that's marginally better than the current decades old design and Nissan could easily double the volume of these they're selling. What are they waiting for?

>ywn drive the IDx
They could have pulled it off, and pulled it off nicely.
They just had to fuck this shit up

the only thing that really sucks about this car is the transmission

it's really hard to get a smooth 1 to 2 shift or non jerky quick shifts due to the shitty rev hang

if it didn't have this issue i'd probably be driving one today

Nissan doesn't update their performance models very often, and Renault demands more money than is reasonable from each generation of engineering.
Fucking French.

Clearly he doesn't.

Is there one thing the French has not fuck up?

The quest has a vq35de, not a vq37vhr