Import tuner challenge

Has anyone played this before and are there any similar older games like it? Doesn't seem very popular.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutokou_Battle_series
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not popular because it didn't sell well, and was a 360 exclusive title. Only something like 20-50,000 copies sold, or at least only that many saw much use.

Made by Genki, responsible for all the Tokyo Xtremes. Import Tuner Challenge is the most accessible and probably the best entry point to the series, and actually replayable through more than one playthrough. I still play it myself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutokou_Battle_series

Is that 2JZ backwards?

Looks straight to me.

Looks inline, my dude.

Is the turbo on the wrong side of the engine bay, though?

Yeh it is, the engine has been flipped because even the radiator pipe is going the opposite way

They may have accidentally mirrored it, then.It also appears LHD even though it takes place in Japan.

Maybe it's RB swapped

Its the final title in the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series.
Think Wagan Midnight games but with better customization and controls. Especially the Drift 2 title.

it doesn't look anything like an RB tho, that valve cover is definitely a 2jz

Blame Ubisoft for the cover. Japanese cover above

0 and 3 were better in every way

Z33 a shit
Evo X a shit
Hawkeye a massive shit
ZZZZZW30 a more massive shit
Nothing good or notable from Japan after the '90s

>tuner

Glad I don't hear that word anymore

Evo X a shit.

My only complaint about ITC is the low car variety, but it's a 9/10 in terms of enjoyability in every other aspect for me. Would recommend.

Thanks for the input guys. The wangan midnight game for ps3 looks similar. Any opinions/experience with it?

There's a mobile TXR game available in Japan.

It's shit.

Which was only dumped to fund their actual racing.

It's on the same engine, you get cars from the show, and a few Famous Rivals from the TXR games, namely their vars from Shotoku Battle X. The upgrading is done via a card system, the story mode follows the manga pretty well, there some backstory cars like Kitami's Orange Z (It might be the Devil Z before it was street raced IDK don't speak Japanese) and a few other things.

You can do an arcade survival mode and that's how you get bonus cars. It's neat and probably super cheap, I wouldn't spend any more than a fiver on it. Looks good for it's time and is even kind of nice now in it's own way.

Is it better than Import tuner challenge? I'm probably going to buy a PS3 just for wangan m.

Aren't they trying to make a PS4/Xbox1 game if it gets enough support?

I also missed the longer wangan & daikoku futo pa from 3. That and more cars, broader soundtrack (even though you can just play your own music) and active online would make the game great.

vroom vromo