/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #497

''Don't you forget about Max!'' Edition

Previous Thread: >A special message from DONTNOD Entertainment:
youtube.com/watch?v=YoVni44YBtE
''...we've been working, since the release of the box version last year, on a new Life is Strange game, with the Life is Strange team.''

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12904674
strawpoll.me/12904678
strawpoll.me/13024639

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=iae3zd_Zji8
youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A
youtube.com/watch?v=qwieXvxkbsM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How could anyone ever forget about Max? She's a hella awesome person and a hero! SuperMax!

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Max is #1

Yikes things are moving fast and it seems like no one is up now.
We need REAL news and things to discuss and not just general announcements.

Always in my heart.

What do you want to see in Season 2?

Likable and interesting characters, a well made setting, and a story consistent throughout.
Cute lesbians wouldn't be bad either.

>Forget about Max
NEVER!

Neither we will forget about, Alice.

Also don't forget Lisa, and don't forget to water her

Max, NO!
Great. Now she's going to need to dry off and get more sunlight to balance it out.

Chloe!

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

Bae!

Threadly reminder that Max belongs to Warren

Max belongs to herself but chooses to go with Chloe.

Dang they really love the pool

I'm sure their house would have one even if they don't get the thrill of breaking into it to swim.
Still they must find it relaxing. Picture them floating in theirs at night and gazing at the stars or turning on the floor lights and bubble jets.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Max looks good in shorts

It's funny that people post this, thinking that Chloe is presented as the strong, empowered womyn hero. For the most part she's portrayed as a near-retard who can't be left alone for five minutes without getting herself killed, as well as a massive hypocrite when it comes to issues like the gun. Max doesn't like her having it and keeping it the fuck away from her is again a player choice.

Chloe really isn't presented as a sympathetic character during much of the game (though you come to understand why she is like she is). Of course, people fall in love with her anyway, because she's a MPDG archetype and people can't get enough of them.

/lisg/ BTFO

What a full-blown retard.

Hatred against Chloe is nothing new.
It's either trolls, jealous Grahamfield losers, or people who were oblivious to Chloe's character and her fears/ insecurities. Just ignore them.

Chloe's truck parked after a long day of road-trippin

What are these two rascals up to?

Some things simply do not make any sense to me with this game's story. First of all, I don't understand where everyone is getting the idea that Max caused the storm. If you compile all of the evidence, it does not make any sense whatsoever how it could be linked to Max using time travel. While it definitely seems to be what the developers were intending, the plotholes ultimately force me away from this conclusion. Here's a few facts that seriously cast shade on the idea of Max's powers causing the storm by saving Chloe:
>The storm premonition occurs before she gets her powers.
>The storm omens still occur (snow, whales) after saving William, which means Chloe was never in the restroom.
>The funeral at the end of the game has snow falling. This funeral occurs on Friday, so this means that the snow was only pushed back 5 days. This seriously indicates that sacrificing Chloe did not stop the storm.
>If carrying out the "nature's intended" timeline is what stops the storm, then there is still a problem. Max destroys the 5 year old photo by the fireplace after deciding to solidify William's death. This is a fundamental change between the original timeline.

Number 3 above also rules out the Final Destination theory about Chloe needing to die. It is also important to consider that using time travel 5 years ago when attempting to save William led to the storm still occurring in the present day. This also casts doubt on the time travel causing the storm. Think about it, if the storm is caused 5 days later upon Max's first time travel usage, then why didn't it happen 5 years ago minus a week after checking out the handicapped Chloe timeline? The only time your powers have any effect on the storm is in regards to letting Chloe die in the restroom. This simply delays the tornado by a week. If you insist that the snow in that ending is a developer oversight, then it stops the storm. But there is still no logical reason why it stops the storm when so many other outcomes didn't.

The last time I came here was 2 years ago a few months after the game's ending

And this faggot is still posting this pic every single thread

In the same time your autistic self has been trying to impress a bunch of losers in a really shitty general with your autistic kate posting I've already got a steady job, bought myself a car and have a beautiful girlfriend.

And what have you done? NOTHING! Just effortlessly trying to reach the record for the biggest loser perma virgin in Veeky Forums, though to make this feat you would have to do something more notable than posting the same fucking picture in a dead general for 2 years.

Seriously man I know my (you) must've made you feel good but do you think it's worth wasting 2(almost 3) years just for a few occasional (you)s?

either stop or kill yourself dude seriously

I will come back in another 2 years see you dude

The night sky looks nice even with the obvious light pollution. The rain also creates near uniform streaks down the truck's which looks neat.
Nice shot, Max.

Chloe and Alice?
Apparently Chloe's on another road trip with Max. I'd say Alice is living with Kate in her apartment and sometimes skypes with Lisa when they cannot see each other face to face. She has to be careful though since Kate doesn't want her staying up all night.

I really don't have much to say except good job being observant, user. People have brought up all those points in the past and they all have validity towards questioning things.
It's clear what the devs intended but as you, and others, have said; it doesn't add up. The entire storm was handled poorly and they threw away some very interesting plot points to go with the cliche "Changing time (but only in certain moments) is bad."
Another thing to remember is that Max made changes before she saved Chloe in the bathroom that second time (her first rewind was uncontrolled and move her backwards as well) and she cannot get back to a point before she changed time because of that and also because technically her first change was five years ago before the start of the week.

It all adds up to doubting Max's involvement with the storm which adds on to the pile of evidence saying sacrificing Chloe is the wrong choice and would solve nothing but making numerous people miserable.

It's a bot, you silly-billy

it's called tradition, motherfucker
it goes a long way

Stop bullying my family!

How the fuck is this general a thing.

Not only is this game sjw trash but at this fucking point what do you fucking fags have to talk about aside from waifuing a teenage girl.

>sjw trash

Oh look, another retard who is always repeating what /v/ says.

>what /v/ says

That's why i'm on Veeky Forums right?

youtube.com/watch?v=iae3zd_Zji8

Oh good, another "Everything said in the game is 100% serious" kind of poster. Did you know lack of ability to understand joking or sarcasm is an indication of poor social skills?
If you don't like the game then don't talk about it or go into places centered on it.

The fact you're upset over a simple shitpost just proves how shit this general here. Go back to tumblr Veeky Forums isn't where you belong.

youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A

And there it is, the "Anyone who like this game is from Tumblr"
Go back to /v/ where you belong. Or, if your posting format indicates anything, a certain other site that thinks it's hardcore.
You come here posting stuff we've all seen before. You're wasting our time and your own.

>Ugh
Is something wrong?
>Yes, there appears to be a hare in my drink
*ba dum tss*

And there it is, the "Anyone who dislikes this game is from /v/"

Your comebacks are about as laughable as your video game.

You see really triggered about this general's existence. Unfortunately for you there's no downvote feature on this site. :(

Two pirates setting sail on the sea of dreams
Sleep tight

>masturbating every time Kate appeared on the screen because the thought of a christian girl being recorded doing kinky stuff and being publicly shamed is one of the hottest things created by men
>mfw she kills herself
>mfw still have to masturbate one last time
Goodnight sweet princess. I'll make this one worth of you.

Why are you replying to him

>kills herself
Replay the episode you dumb fuck.

One character's opinion isn't indicative of general endorsement, through the game. If you think SJews even exist, you're deluded, and if you think shit-talking men is SJew, then the entirety of /v/ is MRA in its opinions of women.

t. sjw

it's a silly catch all term for left wing 'equality' advocates that go about it in a bad way, like getting people fired for jokes, and getting offended way too easily.

Meanwhile, in an alternate timeline

"Mermax", lol.

At the end of the adventure Alice is forced to make a binary choice: live in a world where bunnies eat no carrots or Lisa dies after Max and Warren fuck on top of her then Frank spills beans on her leaves when he gets a turn while Chloe's tears salinate the soil, destroying her chances of regermination.

It's a boogeyman term that is vague, and non-existant.

How can a phrase be non-existent? Yes in use it's vague and overused, but the people who are called SJW's still exist and are clearly causing enough of a problem for people that they're being talked about using the term.

Life is Strange isn't SJW though unless you're a kneejerk /v/tard, and Chloe's gun control remark seemed more like a joke than anything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=qwieXvxkbsM

Michel is very fake news

>there will never be a show about a cute dork that gets bullied by a tsundere blonde and her cronies

>what is mean girls

>tfw you cucked Warren everytime

>"Anyone who dislikes this game is from /v/"
This, but unironically

The Navy uniform is a surprisingly good look for Chloe.

What a lovely town. Imagine it during the summer when there's little stalls along the beach, people running around or swimming, and the sun shining as the sky is clear and blue.
Arcadia Bay is a nice place.

Day at the beach with the family

Season 2 MC confirmed for being a boy. Enough with your lesbian shit

faggot

source for that information?

Yeah, his ass

A very reputable source.

>Enough with your lesbian shit
Oh, you poor child...you have no idea what realm you currently are in. /lesg/ is eternal regardless of what the sequel contains.

Frenchfag here. I know someone working at a company doing packaging for Dontnod. Next MC is a boy, believe it or not.

Oh, and expect to see some grahamscott/grahamfield content over the next few months. I'll start slowly but eventually post every single day.

Absolutely not.

My dad works for DONTNOD and he said Kristine Prescott will be Season 2's MC and the story will be about her stopping Sean Prescott and making a better name for her family. Her friend and eventual love interest will be Rachel's brother, who is looking for answers about his sister.

You're full of shit. The thing is, I can actually prove my claims. You can't.

>The thing is, I can actually prove my claims
You just don't feel like it huh :^)

Let's see some proof then.

All dem lies.

But to be honest, I'd be very surprised if the main character(s) were gay guys. If nothing else, it just doesn't seem like a very good business decision.

One of the drums they kept beating all throughout the first season was "omg we got turned down so many times because no developers wanted a female protagonist but we stuck with it and the game is a success girl power!" And I remember Ash Burch talking AT the Life is Strange E3 event about some little survey she was doing which suggested that guys largely don't care which gender they play as, but that girls tend to prefer female characters (not a scientific survey by and means, take that characterisation of the results with a mountain of salt). There was very much a girls-girls-girls theme throughout a lot of the press. I think LIS (and Dontnod as a whole, conveniently ignoring Vampyr) has just associated itself too much with female leads, I'd be surprised if they pulled a 180 on this element.

And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it - I don't think gay male characters will be anywhere near as popular to the wider audience as gay female characters. I think on a demographics front, it's probably a bad move. It probably *would* be a good move if the game had some gay male secondary characters (shipping shipping shipping) ... but the main character? I dunno, I'd be surprised.

Plot twist: Kristine Prescott is actually Max after Max ripped apart the timeline trying to save everyone, and Rachel's brother is actually a genderbended Chloe with amnesia. The OST is also completely jazz and synth.
Written by David Lynch

>But to be honest, I'd be very surprised if the main character(s) were gay guys.
No he won't be gay, a lot of people wouldn't like it. Lesbians appeal to a larger audience, from tumblr to this shithole.

I can't do it right now, there's a good chance Dontnod is monitoring this thread. I don't want to get sued, so I'll wait for an official announce and I'll upload the pictures.

>Dontnod is monitoring this thread.
hahahahahahaha

>I can't do it right now

Even if they don't, if I leak the pictures they'll spread in no time and I will pay for it. You guys aren't worth the risk.

"Look, Max. I think I see a shark!"
"That's a whale."

how many of you are into cuckoldry?

Stop giving this moron attention. They don't know shit and they are just trying to use an excuse to post their shitty images.

This is just the beginning my good friend ; )

Good night /lisg/! See you soon ; )

but Max already does that for the player

>enough with your lesbian shit
>posts gay shit