Can someone explain to me the purpose of American utes? Theyre certainly not for offroading or using the tray at all

Can someone explain to me the purpose of American utes? Theyre certainly not for offroading or using the tray at all.

modern US trucks are just souped up luxury hotrods with a bed.

But why? You cunts still have to work.

Masculinity
It's a status symbol

Plenty of guys take their brotrucks off road and lifting something another 6 inches into the bed isn't that big of a deal if your not some subhuman manlet.

Australian off roading is pathetic anyways. Guys drive logging trucks up and down nastier shit than your flat sheep trails.

Well theyre doing it wrong then.

west of the mississippi burgers still work, east of it everyones too preoccupied with their self image and being insufferable cunts on social media

>You cunts still have to work.
nah only beaners and other shitskins work like that anymore and they all drive small toyota/nissan pick ups.

I dont believe you. I mean have you seen a proper backcountry droving trail.

Pretty sure California is west of the Mississippi, pal.

and theyre responsible for maintaining the very internet that you like to shitpost to from your mothers basement

Wheres the bars? Wheres the winches? Wheres the racks for carrying shit? Does it have a snorkel?
This thing isnt for offroading, its for looking like it offroads.

Not everybody lives in a shithole like Cali or Florida with no off roading. Most mountainous places have plenty of backcountry trails. That truck would have no issues going u most of them. If you need to do anything more extreme than that there's other toys that will do the job better.

are you fucking retarded? california is half desert and mountains, thats where youd expect to off road not some gravel shit in the middle of alabama

>Burgers
>Working
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Bars? It probably has a winch behind the 400lb IRONCROSS MONSTER EDITION bumper. Racks for carrying shit? Fuck that, Throw it in the bed... You don't need a snorkel when you're sitting up that high.

Do you people even into toy haulers over there?

Jesus fuck mate. Youre supposed to leave the house, not take it fucking with you.

in his defense its harder to steal belongings in a camper. when manufacturing jobs left crime increased, and due to shitty corrupt local governments the population centers of historical manufacturing centers became crime and drug infested dens of suffering

Youve got guns cunt, fuckin use them.

thats where the immigration or minorities issue comes into play, it reduces any scrutiny from the corrupt local politicians from angry citizens

racial tensions are exploding because that is the gop's bread and butter, but instead of only being in the southern states now theyre exporting it to the rest of the country until the whole country is south africa where the rich live behind barbed wire fencelines and everyone else... not just minorities, is in destitute poverty

>posts a picture of a brodozer
Obviously they exist for posturing too, but to say they aren't used for towing is being retarded on purpose. You wouldn't be doing that, now would you mr kangaroo?

I know theyre used for towing, but why not just get a truck (the real kind).

because those trucks are pretty fast (at least in a straight line) and you can blow the doors off ricers at stoplights.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. You obviously don't know shit about America, why even comment like you do?

Are you referring to Mac/Freightliner or what?

Like a fuso.

we can't get any of the 1.5 ton cabovers. smallest Isuzu NPR/Mitsubishi Fuso you can get in the US is 3.5 ton.

Why get something that gigantic when a 1/2 ton-1 ton works just fine? Googling Fuso truck gets me semi cabs.

Why the fuck would you want to drive some chinkshit commercial truck? Why are you so concerned with what American do with their money? Fuck off you nosey bitch

Jesus, it must really suck to live in the states.

.........Because we have slightly different vehicles?

Because there's a whole world of vehicles that you cant get.

>maintaining
>cali
rofl how can one user be this ignorant
The servers that holds the websites that you visit are spread throughout the planet and any maintenance on them is more often performed away from its physical location.

the the ones we get are cheaper.
you can even check the same car sold in another country and here.

That's true of pretty much anywhere, is it not?

It was mostly (((minorities))) that suffered from this, and minorities are deathly afraid of guns

US "trucks" are just vans with open tray.

Like for example Iveco Daily which is typical bigger size euro van, you can also get it in double cab configuration with 4x4 and shit.

Since roads and parking spaces are bigger in US you can use those as primary vehicle while in Europe that would be very impractical.

Fuso's are fucking horrible. A 1 ton truck does everything the Fuso can while still being a soccer mom mobile.

I just want toyota to make the hilux again, I don't need a huge truck, man

Then buy a Taco or Colorado.

Small trucks are pretty dead. Cost almost the same as a half ton or bigger to build, can't sell them for as much.

I'll probably go with the Tacoma, I just want another 22re powered truck is all.

And there's a whole world of vehicles that Australians (and others) can't get, that Americans can...

>a trailer would make too much sense, better put a permanent cucklid on my truck bed six feet high up in the air

It's also harder to steal things in vans but you idiots still insist on using trucks to haul your tools down paved roads from job to job.

Also why cant yanks into canopys.

They can, but side accessibility is still terrible because muh styleside bed, and the cargo volume is worse than a van's.

To be fair, it's starting to be like that everywhere. Thanks, automation.

Your country is irrelevant and I ain't gotta explain shit

Nobody would fucking want that

You guys need to start taking advice from beaners.

vans mark you as a rapist or just creepy here

Yea, decent offroading on small droving trails that bigger utes cant get down, plus you can keep deer in the tray. And its handy as fuck to run into the city for cheap. You yanks just dont know how to be practical.

Then stick a work light on it cunt.

It's an Austrian company's conversion (with official Suzuki endorsement and marketing) and they're actually moderately popular in Austria for municipal work including snow plowing because they're small enough to plow sidewalks and to go up narrow winding residential mountain roads.

Your problem, enjoy a less practical and productive work environment because you care too much about your image. Americans care far too much about their image, and if they state the opposite it's just proof that the shoe fits.

Knocked up your cousin and shot your other cousin yet?

*small penises

To be fair - and I admire them for it in comparison to retarded European dildo hitches - Americans have this ingenius square tube receiver system that you can securely slide whatever you want into, starting with hitches and continuing with bicycle carriers, motorcycle carriers and cargo trays.

Nah, she's still playing hard to get

Do other places NOT do this?

you gave the deer a pillow why?

NZ here, some people do it. Most dont bother, tow balls are easier.

Most consumer market solutions in Europe are single piece ball hitches. You'll only find adapter plate receivers on medium duty pickups, and commercial trucks use different hitches anyway.

And you can't just fab something yourself if you want it to pass inspections, hitches as integrally load bearing elements are one of the things they're the strictest on.

most people are too lazy to fab a hitch in the usa.
they are easy enough to get anyway.

can literally get them for like 100$ and installed within minutes at truck rental stores...not even worth lugging my welder out of my shop for that little

Oh he's just sleeping, if /k/ tough me one this it's that it's no fun sexing a dead buck.

Most cars aren't rated for significant towing in the US anyway so it's not a big deal.

However even I as a steel construction draftsman wouldn't be allowed to engineer a square tube receiver if I wanted to, it's gotta be tested and type approved for lots of money by some European testing agency.

But, but it's literally a tow ball you can change the size and height of...

More likely to stabilize the head and prevent the antlers from getting thrown around and damaging something.

The adjustable ball isn't even the selling point of a square tube receiver, it's all the other practical stuff you can slide into it. Hell, there are barbecue grills for square tube receivers.

Why tho?

Because there are several ball sizes and depending on the high of the trailer or vehicle you might need it lower or higher

For instance my jonboat trailer has a 1 7/8" ball hitch but my equipment trailer has a 2"

Because you can does not mean you should.

lewd

Such as?

The look of that thing actually made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Typical yank, only cares about image and how others percieve him.

Do you assume every reasonable poster is not an American? Idiots and normal people exist everywhere.

>You can literally import anything into Australia of any year as long as it's converted to RHD if it isn't already, cars over 30 years old need nothing
>You can literally import anything into Japan regardless of year as long as you can make it meet emissions, even if it's LHD
>You can literally import anything into all of Europe including the UK regardless of handedness basically without any mods at all except for MAYBE emissions
>Canada's import ban is only 15 years instead of 25 (Quebec doesn't count)

The absolute state of Americans, everyone

So Aus needs five more years than the US to get anything, but you say "the absolute state of Americans"?

Yes and you should to. This type of stupidity and ignorance and counter-intuitiveness is purely an American problem and you should know this if you've spent any amount of time interacting with them

Did you assume I was not American? You can't just paint the whole US with a Deep South brush, you wouldn't care for me to paint all Australians with an abbo brush or all Europeans with a Merkel brush would you?

You can write it off as a business expense. That's why some ranch owner gets a Ford F450 Lariat for $75K.

You can import a LHD car the day it's released if it's converted, cars from Japan and the UK can be imported on Day 1 without needing to do that. You can't even convert a RHD car and convert it to LHD and register it in America unless the car is at least 25 years old, all because of a culture of dangerous drivers who necessitated needing to make cars more expensive by adding more safety equipment and the corporate greed that reacted to it by banning cheaper equivalents from other countries from being imported

I think it was more about engine specs for the Mercedes deal. You talk about converting to RHD like it's buying an aftermarket part, you do understand it's a lot of work if the engines in the front right?

You park like a nigger

>you do understand it's a lot of work if the engines in the front right?
And yet, that doesn't stop anyone.

this. getting my master electrician license next year and plan on getting something nice under my company's name.

It would stop me, that would cost at least 10k for a new car to convert it from LHD to RHD if done properly, that's just a stupid proposition at that point. And it would cost a lot more to do it to something like a nice sports car.

That lacks utility, the beauty of a bed is that you can just empty it and then use it to transport whatever the fuck you want. With that type of system, you have better fixed storage, but lack options.

see

confirmed no-nothing faggot. California has some of the most beautiful terrain in the country. huge mountains (which give it its mellow temperature that the state is known for) and low deserts like death valley.

>Americans care too much about their image
>almost crying on the internet about what Americans buy with their money
I guess it's true that you always hate those who are better than you not worse off.

Cool story bro.
The point is, before you wanted to run off on an entirely different tangent, that the cost of drive side conversions isn't going to stop you as fast as a blanket 25 year rule does.
And if it isn't a single purpose trade vehicle, then that brings us back to a dropside flatbed. I agree such trade bodies and vans lack the broad practicality of an open bed.

True but it would stop the vast majority of all car buyers though

Dick extensions

Ohh it's a deer taking a nap... how cute. But why is it strapped down?