/fgog/ - Fate/Grand Order General

Prev >[9 Million DL Campaign]
news.fate-go.jp/2017/900man/
news.fate-go.jp/2017/reinforcement06/
news.fate-go.jp/2017/huntingquest03/
>Period: 5/24 to 6/2
>Login every day to get: 9M QP, 90000 FP, 9 Fous, 9 bronze/silver/gold apples ,90 MP, 9 EXP card, 9 tickets
>Daily reward change to Chains of Fools
>Double success rate when lvling
>Weekly missions now give 4 Quartz Fragments
>FP acquisition doubled up for a week
>new Strengthening Quests (Billy, Medb, Astolfo, Sumanai, Boudicca, Sanson and Serenity) and Hunting Quests
>half AP for all the farming quests
>Ishtar and all the other goddesses rate up

>English FGO confirmed for Summer 2017 in US and Canada
fate-go.us/
>First 2 chapters on release
>Japanese audio with subs
>No Japanese account transfer
>No censorship unless ESRB takes issue with something

>News
fate-go.cirnopedia.org/news.php
>Fate/Grand Order: Epic of Remnant Chapter 2 - Agartha no Onna has been announced to be released this summer.
>Two new Servants have been announced: Caster of the Nocturnal Castle and Assassin of the Nocturnal Castle.
>A new summer event has been announced in which Minamoto no Raikou will receive a swimsuit version.
>Drake will be receiving a Noble Phantasm animation renewal.

>Dropmaps
imgur.com/a/6nXq9

>Farming Guide
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview?sle=true#

>FAQ
pastebin.com/Hp918cqA

>Mega Pastebin
pastebin.com/HTrhq7Nk

>TLs Pastebin
pastebin.com/RA8Px5jz

>FL Spreadsheet (last reset: April 26)
Add yourself docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCq3eZgh3zlUtZ3G6Y-zzv1kaXt4GHuWVBRlV__V3Q3rC2Pg/viewform
View list docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FSN1kmzso2itgjWzaGfysZ5WhEjiL5EcyjGr4k6DffA

>Materials, experience and event AP simulators
fgosimulator.webcrow.jp/

>Alternate Servant/CE DB
kazemai.github.io/fgo-vz/servant.html

Liberation.

I want to FUCK Melt

>don't want Rin
>only one day I can safely roll
Fuck

Xth for Best Pirates

Now that my phone died, What emulators can run this game properly?
Does Nox works?

yes

>tfw waiting for next volume of FGO materials that will cover the Camelot chapter

I want to marry Lip!

Can't wait to cuck the contrarian fucks in this thread out of Mash when the english release happens. It's especially pathetic that most of you play this game without being able to read anything that's happening and have to rely on unreliable third party translations from even more pathetic fucks that bothered to learn a dead language. If any of you even cared about anything other than fapping to the waifus in the first place which is always something that has to be taken into consideration when it comes to circlejerk threads like this one. When the game turns out to be successful we might even get a dub like Fate/Zero too. And at that point no one will give the slightest shit about this "ahead" version of the game with all the worse assets that some of you shits both here and on reddit actually sank real money into, which is probably the most pitiful thing of all.

>tfw hoping it has more Gareth-chan lines

>pay for 10 roll set
>twice
>get nothing but shit
>not even a four star servant

So this is what it feels like

So Jannu is confirmed for art stall meme team core now right

No?

Takeuchi reporting in, still no MHX.
I need help.

Best cups

janu*

summer when?

How she swap her clothes?

What the fuck when did the sakura event end?

Sita when?

JETS is here

We need more slit skirt

What is trying to say this?

I want to hold pinkies with Gawain!

>which cup wud u fug?

So autistic.
I love it.

can I pick neither

>Even though she did nothing in her myth her powerlevel will still be top tier since she's an avatar of a Hindu goddess.

>no new IP
Fuck off

I always use her with sprite 1.

>new IP
Fuck on

Witchpostan

Not sure how anyone with the most basic of Japanese knowledge could think マシュ= Mash? If it were Mash it'd be spelled マッシュ or マッシ

Mashu's name is spelled マシュ in Japanese. That does not translate to MASH.

Seibah! there you are.

Reminder that pic related is best Gil.

>all this lewd official art

They can't keep getting away with this!

The localisation company is doing アルトリア as Altria so they are clearly just stupid.

The fundamental problem is that マシュ is very clearly supposed to be Matthew. No matter how you slice it, that isn't a girl's name.

Mash isn't any better since it's not a name at all, but it's an actual english word so to Type Moon it must've looked fine. I mean, we're talking about the group responsible for "I am the bone of my sword".

A better solution might've been to do what FFVI did and just change the name entirely, but it's pretty clear that whatever localization team that was behind F/GO didn't have the power to do that.

>Random faggots on the internet are better at this than paid "professionals"

Literally how?

>fan translation
>labour of love
>"official translation"
>fuck just google translate it and throw it on the app store lmao

>labour of love

You mean autism to get extra epeen points

>A better solution might've been to do what FFVI did and just change the name entirely
Or just stick with Mashu, which is both exotic enough to seem like a foreign style name and how it's actually pronounced.

>they still haven't recovered

That's a part of it but those autists usually do better then official ones anyway.

Better than Nasu in Japanese even desu

As a professional translator, let me let you in on a dirty secret: the only real difference between us and fan translations is that we have a time table to keep to.

This has its pros (people who have to look up every kanji are going to wash out, and editors will usually catch people who just BS things), but it also has the very obvious con of having to take shortcuts. Proofreading? Give it one pass and get it out the door. Translation arguments? No time, just go with whatever the higher ups say. Consistent style? If you're lucky. Reading up on the source material? Good fucking luck.

>Grand Order is going with Altria, claim it's because TM told them to
>Extella went with Artoria
???

Mashu's name is written in katakana, not kanji or hiragana. It's not supposed to be a japanese name, and she's not japanese. Trying to pretend it's any better a translation is just as shoddy and stinks of the biggest issue with fan translations: people accepting shit translations just because it's what they're used to.

I mean, for fucks sake, look at Saber and Gilgamesh. People call them King of Knights and King of Heroes when they're actually supposed to be Knight King and Hero King. You know, like how Ozy is the Desert King.

>Every artbook for the last decade has used "Artoria"

>FGO Camelot Stage went with Altria
???

>TM
>Consistent
You've lost this argument

KILL YOURSELF RETARD

That mean Extella isn't canon

I didn't say it was supposed to be a Japanese name, just foreign.
>Trying to pretend it's any better a translation is just as shoddy
Considering that Mashu is the way the japs pronounce it, it's clearly the best choice.

Post lewd art

>FGO
>canon
ayy

found the extellacuck

Literally more canon than FSN.

I've never had this strong of an urge to pet Lip as this image gave me.

>implying anything but Tsuki, Melty, and Kagetsu Tohya is canon

I though Ozzy was the King King.

There is no foreign language that would spell the name as Mashu and also have it be pronounced as that. You want the name to be pronounced as it was in japanese but not actually be a japanese name? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The only actual argument for "Mashu" as a translation is that it's what people are used to. You will nobody see call for translation Cu's name as Ku Furin or George's as Gayorges or whatever. Neither will you see people translate Enkidu's name as Erukidu or Excalibur as Ekusukariba.

And don't even get me started on how bad new translators are about being married to the original japanese. News flash: as a general rule, the japanese are bad at english. Much like how most of the people here are bad at japanese.

>implying anything but the KnK LNs is canon

>Implying anything isn't canon in a canonically infinite multiverse

What was that one doujin that had shirou and sakura that spawned the meme

>still not scanned

Did it ever get scanned? This was last year.

> implying any fate awaits humanity besides the Land of Steel

He's the Sun King, actually. Though I think in Camelot, the Lion King refers to him as the Desert King.

Fate has a real hard on for *insert thing* King as a title.

>bringing up a reference from something no one read

>There is no foreign language that would spell the name as Mashu and also have it be pronounced as that.
So? She's a fictional character.
>You will nobody see call for translation Cu's name as Ku Furin or George's as Gayorges or whatever.
Japanese takes on pre-existing names in other languages is not the same as a non-Japanese take on a name the Japs made up.

Mashu itself is a shortening of her full name in the first place. If the options for her name are Matthew, Mashu, Mash and マシュ, it's pretty clear which choice makes the most sense to use.

Who's objectively the sexiest Fate girl?

Me.

Kiara. Literally drives people to suicide.

The chance of not getting any gold servants in a 10x is something like 70-72%.

The one on the left.

Just me and Melvin probably.

There's no way he could have resisted reading about power levels that far above Lancelot.

Her (Him)

I just realizes that once the english version hits, cirno is going to rake in the dosh.

These are two very sexy girls (male).

>cirno
>not the grand order wikia

Kiara for the semen demon enchantment

For me both of them are the sexiest.

> So? She's a fictional character.

That is a shitty ass argument to try and cover yourself with. Her name was written in katakana for a reason, and that was to imply it is a foreign name. Trying to pretend that it's japanese anyways, or that it's a *super special foreign name* is ridiculous. You are literally making up bullshit to justify sticking with a bad name.

>Mashu itself is a shortening of her full name in the first place.
It isn't, unless you're going to claim a first name is short for a full name. Where did this even come from, anyways? The game, the OVA, the materials, they all say that her name is マシュ・キリエライト.

The Ultimate Sakura

Do you think at this point Nasu and Takeuchi are embarrassed by the original VN? It's just so visually repulsive and the story is so mediocre in comparison to later entries.

Types are only world level.

qt

Fucking this. It's literally the first thing you get when searching for "fate grand order wiki" or "fgo wiki"

Hmmm.
Liz shes got natural sex appeal on top of her idol sex appeal.

>Trying to pretend that it's japanese anyways
Saying it was made up by Japanese speakers is just a fact.
>You are literally making up bullshit to justify sticking with a bad name.
I'm telling you which of the options for her name is the best.

You can bitch and moan about it but it's better then calling her Matthew, a boys name, Mash, a joke word of a name, マシュ, which isn't translated, or just changing it and calling her Stacey or something.

carrotbutt is not for lewd please delete this.

Anybody who wanted Matthew is objectively a giant fag.
Mash may not be a name, but at least it isn't a male name.

d'Eon is being a girl if you look at her crotch.

>blew the rest of the apples I had left because i'm in dire need for bones
>realize there's a chance they could make a stinger quest and I have no apples

Nasu is stupid then, that's how he wants to call her, you know like Attila is "Altera."

I realize this is bait but Nasu and Takeuchi probably are very resentful and regret the original VN. They shit on it every chance they get.

Cat.