/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
The titlekey website has temporarily moved to the following links
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users are receiving LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play and use of the Friend List.
Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse is still possible.
There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment. You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (guide in the Pastebin), but be careful, as this could potentially lead to or even increase the chances of another ban. In addition, all of the public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B files have been banned as well.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[Apr 18] 3.65 was released. Don't update. Spoofing still works for now. wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>cant access online services but can access eshop and miiverse
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Reminder than unbanning would likely still be trivial as just changing serial on SecureInfo_A if it wasn't for a clique of underage Miiverse kids abusing it nonstop for le epic shitposts over a year ago.

That's actually, technically true.
Shit. Though there's no telling they wouldn't step up their game for pirates too, I think they consider us almost as bad as people sending death threats to kids.

Is this how it ends?

>tfw nintendo is finally doing something about it

It'd be wasted and patched for Sun/Moon wave then.

That's the ban, retard.

rip

Who needs online anyway? Just solo shit you shitters, god damn.

>11.2 luma a9lh n3ds, everything in spotpass settings turned off
>never touched fire emblem echoes at all
>haven't touched pokemon at all this year
>still on old pedoshop, the last version he put out before going away
>ban error code 002-0102 when trying to access Friends List fucking nintendo

POST YOUR STATUS SO WE CAN FIGURE THINGS OUT

>Not Banned
>Old freeshop user
>BS9

Damn it feels good to have a PS vita right now

>was gonna hack my 3DS this weekend
Should I even bother now?

Shit loli posters fuck off.

wait it out.

Just to double check, there have been NO confirmed bans on JP 3DS' as of yet, yes?

HAS ANYONE been banned in the last hour or so? Is the ban wave gone or is it still ongoing?

Fuck that pic never fails to make me laugh.

Is it true that it was because the updated freeshop? When did they updated it?

give me a (You) if you got banned.

>not banned as of now
>10.2-U
>latest Luma (boot9strap)
>used a very old version of freeshop, last full title download was 4 months ago, last download was Pokemon SM update a week ago
>spotpass off
>haven't played anything online in moths but have used wi-fi to NTR stream as well as ftp, and consequentially went online on the friend list app

>hacked my 3DS last weekend
I bet I got banned.
I don't have an NNID connected to it after I deleted my old one, but that was AFTER I hacked and updated it so it is probably banned.

I wonder if it will transfer over to the Wii U/Switch. I shall have to check tomorrow.

i hate life

no one ones yet

not banned
never used freeshop but went online in the last 2 weeks
a9lh

Forgot an important detail; I don't have an NNID linked to my system and have never used the real eshop.

Can we please agree on a format too so that we don't have to wade through paragraphs of vague text when trying to look for connexions?

>Banned
>EUR-AU
>newfreeshop, used recently
>AL9H
>Never used online functionality

No because the Japanese don't steal, you filthy gaijin piggu.

>not banned
>b9s
>downloaded a few games today
>used online yesterday to trade pokemon

The Japanese might not steal, but I own a JP 3DS and certainly stole a CIA of MHXX. No ban, though.

*knows

not sure what happened there

Apologize

They've found a way around it before, we'll be fine, won't we?

R-right?

>Not banned
>Exclusively use FBI QR code scan
>11.4.0 USA
>Never played japan only stuff or shit like that but I have PKSM
>O3DS

Another Public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B when!?

When we figure out what caused the bans in the first place, be patient.

>not banned
>bs9
>used new freeshop today
>haven't played online in months

It'll get banned within minutes if everyone storms to it.
Stupid tripfag.

Better question:
How long until an actual fix? Will there be one?

Just checked my wii u, your switch should be fine. Bans are linked to consoles not accounts

Yeah, but it won't be free goyim...
Better get a new 3DS while demand is still low.

not banned
never used freeshop
last game installed was MHXX + eng patch w/update
a9lh, 11.4

But as someone else pointed out, if it's based on what's in your activity log we're all fugged eventually and none of this will matter because we're already banned, we just don't know it yet

Threadly reminder that we all got sold out to nintendo for 100 Dollars

So we can all agree that this banwave is thanks to Sighax making so much noise over how we've reached the final frontier of 3DS hacking, right?

On a scale this large it will probably at least be looked into.

>nearly the cost of a new n2ds
worth it

This is funny since I was just working on my PSTV yesterday

Why am I feeling nostalgic for some fucking text files? Getting banned back then somehow turned into an experience.

And yeah I unbanned myself using a personal seed later, but I haven't been banned in this wave yet. Maybe they think I'm still banned or something.

Seems likely new freeShop is the main culprit but there's a side culprit for people who haven't used freeShop but still got banned.

So... if that applies to you, list all the homebrew software you have used.

By who?

Jack

You should ask if they were using a a public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file

STOP PANICKING
NINTENDO IS JUST TRYING TO SCARE US

This happens from time to time in different forms. There is a work around and we will have it within days. There are people working on it now. Just wait it out.

DO NOT PANIC

Are people who used public seeds (like me) the only ones who got banned? Or are there reported bans of people that barely go online?

LOITUMA THE FUCKING NIGGER

>We have top men working on it right now.

>2 n3ds on latest a9lh luma
>one on old cruel freeshop, other on new freeshop fork
>both downloaded things recently from freeshop
>neither banned
???

to add, one has a NNID account (the old cruel freeshop one) and the other has a broken one, which broke when doing the upgrade from emunand+rxtools to a9lh last year. it tries to log into eshop and fails everytime, as a result regular eshop does not work, nor does any ingame dlc menu, aside from monhun

As top as this shit community is concerned.

>zelda breath of the wild was a warning hidden by miyamoto to help us but we didn't listen

>Guardians (kickass homebrew) and Divine Beasts (CFW) where made to opose the evil of Calamity GaNon)tendo and where developed by people from a tribe that's usualy hidden, the Sheikah(coding community and hackers)
>Ganon took control of the Guardians and Divine beasts and used them agains the good people og Hyrule (us)
>he also took a portion of the Sheikahs and turn them in his favor (white hat hackers)

a hero's going to save us soon right? I mean he can't sleep 100 years right? RIGHT?

>banned
>11.4 EU N3DS
>FreeShop and 3DSiso user
>last went online a few days back
>installed and played .cia of Yggdra Union two nights ago

TOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAAAATE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>not banned
>b9s
> used ciangel
>played online long ago but not any time recent

Or if you downloaded software using QR codes rather than downloaded .cias.

>now that sighax is out there will soon be no reason not to get CFW. congrats to @derrekr6 and @SciresM for the release
>Last nail in the coffin for 3DS. See you guys on the next console! :)

Banned

Bs9+luma

On latest freeshop and play mk7 online regularly:(

a few months ago i would been in a panic if i was banned. just opened my system to play a bit of mon hun and i see that i am banned. didnt even flinch because barely use it now.

I knew i shouldnt have updated to the new freeshop. I always wait things out but i didnt last time, and it fucked me over

I've always used FBI to install stuff and barely ever use online, so this is nothing to worry about.

This b&wave came too late for anyone to panic really. We've all already had our hundreds of hours of free fun.

what would possess someone to post something this autistic
is it /pol/?

>so cheeky and vocal about their release that it actually got Nintendo to drop the guillotine

PANIC!

The real last nail on the coffin is to find a way to create individual, unique friend code seeds

WE FLEW TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN BOYS

>Not banned as of 1 hour ago (scared to check again)
>new freeshop user, used it few days ago, don't use it much
>B9S
>EUR console

I haven't. As with everything in my life, I don't appreciate or make use of things nearly enough, until they are gone.

>tfw if I did get ban, I already took all of my pokemon off the Pokebank years ago

Yeah, that is exactly the idiotic kind of post that /pol/ would make. If we had flags I guarantee you it would be some idiot from a Scandinavian country, too.

or canada

Freeshop and miiverse still work as well, it's not that bad

But we will have a solution. Just have to wait it out.

It's a fucking leaf for sure

Not banned
Used freeshop this morning
Played smash bros online to see if I was banned or not.
BS9
USA New 3dsxl

>people freaking out about being banned from online services
>on a nintendo cosnole
>that has like 2 online games that anybody plays

>/hbg/ right now

We never saw it coming.

checked again, still not banned (EUR Australia system)

>Not banned
>Old Pedoshop
>11.4
>Downloaded Mario Sports in early May from freeShop. Haven't touched it since.

Also how is Mario Sports? It has low review scores.

You forgot Monster Hunter, pleb.

this, honestly
If you didn't hack your console you have nothing to worry about.
If you did hack your console you have nothing to worry about, you have the hacks to unban yourself.

we still don't know if it's freeshop

Grinding Hunter
Don't care

>Yfw banned

I have at least 1000 of 4U hunting hours with Charlotte and just over half that in Gen. I got all the online play I needed from my 3DS. A ban now won't be a problem.

Mario Kart? MH? Sm4sh? ACNL?

Yeah guys I sold you out. Sorry