/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Nürnberg Buff Soon Edition

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed)

>0.6.5.1 Live patch

>0.6.6 PT
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt066/

>Free shit for EUropoors
forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/79175-psa-get-free-stuff-port-slot-premium-consumables-camo/

>Plans for 2017
steamcommunity.com/groups/ENTERTHE060

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlisquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Prec

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt065/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost
reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6d31lb/comment/dhzfv14
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VB-6_Felix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alsace-class_battleship
youtube.com/watch?v=8f84wHZawfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off with the thread wars

real thread

i don't want to use a thread with discord sexual services copypasta

>0.6.4 Live patch
>0.6.5 PT
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt065/
>0.6.4

OKay

I vote for nonshitposting OP tread to be a real one

If I can suffer through the last stage of this event while retaining my sanity, I am going to be taking a LONG break from this game.

I want to quit this game but I threw too much money at it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost

Ironic for a ship game

What a fucking massacre

Mandatory Littorio class battleship.

More like Litter
(because it's trash)

What a nice battleship you got there.

Be a shame if it were to get bombed while trying to switch sides like a gutless coward.

may it be that the new weapon it's fritz-class air bombs?

Well, if you want a list of possible new weapons. . .

Radio-guided bombs were built by both Germany and the US
Self-guided torpedoes were built by Germany and the US
Germany built radio-guided air launched anti ship missiles.

But those weapons were generally carried by twin-engine bombers.

Fuck off muslims, still butthurt about Mussolini using mustard gas against you niggers?

you forgot ordinary unguided rockets like tiny tim or w/e its name was

i want homing acoustic torps and floating mi es :^)

Sub_Octavian mentioned AP bombs on reddit
reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6d31lb/comment/dhzfv14

>Bombs that can citadel
Just what the worst class in the game needs.

They can't set fires tho

>CV sends AP storm on a cruiser
>CA deleted from existence in a mere click
Literally worse than BB.

>muslims
>Germany
Reminder that Germany is the only country in the world that ever took steps against semitic encroachment.

>Multiple planes per squad means multiple bomb hits
>Deletes BBs

Carriers had Ap bombs in the alpha.

It was completely retarded, USN CVs literally clicked on things to delete them.

DM using barrage right next to two Hotels? lol whatever, 3 DBs rush in and just RNG one of them to death anyway with Ap bomb citadels ;^)

>it took nazi bleeding edge space alien technology in a vicious warcrime attack to kill the best BB of the Mediterranean
Meanwhile, on nazi's side.

Reminder it took a whole storm of Lancaster heavy bombers hauling Tallboy bombs to damage a Tirpitz to the point of irreparabilty.

BB might suffer, but not like CA and other floating citadels.

CAs have Def AA and the best AA in the game. You'll be fine. BBs will suffer.

Well, Bismarck's medium AA was literally useless and the heavy AA was unable to hit moving targets coherently.

I actually know this 2nd hand, my grandfather was an AA gunnery instructor at Gotenhafen from 1940 to 1942.

>when you get 3x CQE medals in one battle

Glorious Bismarck life

Why are the stats for these two so different? Is it mainly the smaller sample size? Aren't they supposed to be the exact identical ship, only with a different camo?

730 is just too small a sample.

Gee user, maybe there's a small, hyper-autistic fanbase who aim to get the ST

There are people who navigate these ships you know, it's not just their stats

Are you trying to say that STs are better than the average player? Because that's fucking retarded.

Well you can believe what you want user

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VB-6_Felix
get merc'd wehraboo scum lol

you do realize that tirpitz was in shallow water in port. had she been on the open ocean with no bottom to ground on she would have been rip'ed by fucking swordfish ez just like bismark

>reminder that germany is the country that is the root cause of all semetic encroachment
ftfy

She also was in narrow fjord, close to high cliff, surrounded by smoke generator and torpedo net.

Actually, she would not.

Her 37 mm guns were not useless like thos on Bismarck, and her heavy AA were all in the same mounts and able to actually hit what the director was pointed at.

>the root cause of all semetic encroachment
That's actually the USA and Britain, user.

i want grimalkin to step on me and shove her feet in my face

I can't wait to fuck you from the sky in a memeterprise with ap bombs

qt

Haven't played in quite some time. Did they ever address American carrier based fighter groups being 50% bigger than Japanese ones, so Japanese could almost never win 1 v 1 air combat?

Jean Bart is a big girl.

Do Scharnhorst shells have same same stats as the one on Graf Spee?

Yes.
Now Strike US CV don't have fighters, and AS US CV don't have damage capability.
So if you want to deal damage -- go play IJN

4 vous

So they broke the US carriers into two groups, one with fighters, one with bombers? The IJN are the same with a mix of both?

My point was that AP bombs for dive bombers wouldn't hurt much a BB because, for instance, historically only heavy bombers dropping earthquake bombs could actually damage a battleship.

>2x4
>we have absolutely no idea what we're doing and how to design a BB: the ship

No, there's one line of us cv. Us cv either get 1/1/1 fighter/torp/bomber or 0/1/2 or 2/0/2 so they're trash.

Wana do damage in a usn cv? Enjoy getting cucked by japanse no matter what loadout they've got.

Want to have clear skies? Ok well japs still get more fighter squadrons than you and can still do damage while you get rng fest dive bombers

jean bart is actually a more powerful battleship than iowa. it is also an actual battleship not a battlecruiser unlike the iowas

That is actually wrong.

AP bombs come in at a very steep angle of fall, which means that deck armor that would be enough to stop plunging fire from other ships is still vulnerable to AP bombs.

This was true in reality, and it was most certainly true in the game. One or two cits per DB squad was normal.

you guyy's are both retarded. most ap bombs used durring the war were pretty shit againsts bb's that weren't crappy and german because noone had bombs large enough to penetrate very far. this is particularly true in the cases of yamato musashi and the iowas. There's a reason torpedoes were better at sinking battleships

Going to be T8 or T9, has secondary memes that rival the bismarks and freddy. also the only ship BB other than the Iowa's to be modernized post war. Will be an interesting ship

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alsace-class_battleship
I just want this because alsace is a based af wine region

>Jean Bart
>Got hammered by Massachusetts
>Better than Iowa

Frenchfag detected

uh it was sitting in port in dock and only had one gun and none of it secondaries attached.
>1494688394391.png
lololol fuck off newfag XD

you do realize the US almost lost that engagement right. to a battleship that wasn't even built yet

Technically they did lose. Their goal was to destroy jean bart.

Which they failed at more or less

Bombs don't fall at high speed, even if they're dropped by dive bombers they're still subsonic and are relatively lightweight. You need way more than that: for instance Fritz-X was able to penetrate Roma's armor because it was rocket powered thus supersonic AND was a 3500 lb bomb, which couldn't be carried by regular carrier based dive bombers.

You're the retard: you're in agreement with what I've kept saying: dive bombers' AP bombs can't do shit to BB.

no you are the retard kiddie fuck newfag. the vast majority of battleships in this game can't resist ap bombs. bismark and tirpitz especially. only good battleships will be immune to citadels like you think.

unfortunately for you you dumb fucker shit this game doesn't have any of the anti bomb decks properly modeled on any ships so it will be effective vs everyuthing even if it was the most bomb resistant bb produced like the iowas or yamatos

Very interesting. My investment into early IJN Carriers is finally in my favor I guess. Thanks for the info.

>They have no problems with AP.
Looks like we won't see KM AP microbuff in a long time.
I guess WG want to push for more HE usage in general.

In the other thread, there's a channel called "sekrit-klub", how come I can't see it from my client?

you do understand that with the he buff hindenburg roon and york now outclass every cruiser at their tier for dpm right. you can't be this dumb. hinden can now literally go through yamato deck armor with he at any angle

Naziboos get the fuck out.
Not only your ideology was shit, you also have to ruin wows with your ridiculous shilling

You should still play both lines. The usn line is bad but you can make it work. I've worked up to the ranger before starting Japanese cv and could win games as a gimped usn bote.

Now, playing Japanese cv's is a breeze. You know how and where usn cv can engage you and you have more planes so you can control the engagements. Molest their one fighter while you get basic cross drop ability at tier 4.

Finally, there's only 2 lines. If you're good at cv, you can grind through t4 in 15 battles, t5 in 30... so if you play cv a lot, you will rapidly get through the line, then there's only one other line to get through

Good, bb need a nerd and ca need a buff

Its the collusion chat channel.

Yes. That's why I said that
>I guess WG want to push for more HE usage in general.
Instead of giving their AP some sort of microbuff like a little better autobounce, and 7km base secondaries for laugh, WG decided to buff HE, like we didn't have strong HE spamming lines already, and needed some more.

That is the hidden channel, you need the role "Boatfuckers" to see it. There aren't any really requirements to get it but SpammisT (Haruna_Kai_Ni) annoyed Luger_Chan to create it because Raptor kept spamming in the public "Boatfuckers" so you have to pass SpammisT or Luger's interview and prove to them that you play Kantai Collection. But don't worry, it's not actually about Kantai Collection, it's mostly shitposting, autistic screeching and to stroke both of their egos.

It's so that battleships can disengage easier and then heal the damage.

it's getting pretty obnoxious. germans have the best battleships bar none at this point in both perfoprmance and statistics yet you redditors ignore it. they have as of recent after the stealthfire nerf some of not the strongest destroyers easilly outclassing usn dd's yet everyone ignores it. And now they have the strongest cruisers and everyone will continue to ignore that the wehraboo CC's and german obsessed player base will let them get away with it.

The issue with Richelieu's secondaries (like Dunkerque's) is that its strongest secondaries are all at the rear at an awkward angle. Dunkerque actually has good secondaries too (5 km base range), the issue is that the only time you'll be able to get the 3 triple turrets on target is the time you won't be able to actually hit your target with any of the main guns.

>Britbong BB shill detected
Your ships were shit, just admit it.

uh no this is spud. you're fucking retarded kys

>germans
>now they have the strongest cruisers
wut?

incase you haven't been paying attention german cruisers now have the best guns in the game with the near 50% buff on 5e performance

5e performance??

he*

Which side was Noone on?

>Light cruiser damage
>Heavy cruiser reload and gun count
WOW

>Yamato's central deck armor is 57mm
>203/4=50.75
>implying you shoot at the plates in front and behind the turrets anyway
Yawn, I agree it's stupid but only because they should have made the AP better instead. On a brighter note they pen all T7+ German BB's now except for the 80mm plates above the Friedrich's magazines.

>different means bad

They knew exactly what they were doing. By grouping turrets together (that 2-4 layout was really 2x2x2 but whatever) they managed to get the best possible armor ever put on a treaty battleship. Only the Yamato and Iowa classes had better armor, and those were built with no consideration for the washington treaty altogether (and they both had worse torpedo protection).

you mean 2500 garenteed he damage regardless of angle or where it hits from 18km every 8.7 seconds vs 3400 which will likely shatter on anything but superstructure from 16km every 12 seconds in a game where stealth fire doesn't exist all this hindenburg can now do while simultaneously having better than des moines effective aa better gun arcs bvetter armor and better shell flight characteristics.

what is ifhe. *yawn*

I wonder if ingame Richeleu 6in secondaries will be true dual-purpose like they were designed to

sheeeeeeeeeeit

rip rn cruisers. they all have only 51mm on their gun turrets. this is gunna be a slaughter.

fuck now I really want to see french BB's, and use them to fuck up all these german BB players. French ships are so interesting

>Dunkerque

I'm guessing the Alsace will be T9, maybe even T10. If its T9, i'm not sure what the T10 french BB would be.

Would be interesting if it had a choice between the 3 quad 15in turrets or 3 triple 16in turrets. And the layout of the secondaries is excellent

Fucking finally, german cruisers were weak as shit before.
Now we just need a concealment and gun RoF buff on Kriegsmarine DDs.
It's pretty obvious that german destroyers should be the bestest in the game.

The french sure had some pretty interesting ideas.

>tfw Prinz can finally Feuer as intended

>IFHE on KM CA
lol
>better than des moines effective aa
Yes I get it this is a personal vendetta for you but how is ~100 less DPS on the combined damage from medium and long range AA and about ~20 more DPS on the short range AA better? Its defensive fire is imbued with the will of the fuhrer? the Long range AA has .5 km less range as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=8f84wHZawfw
please try to learn how aa aura's work ok newfag. and yes ifhe when you can now pen yamato decks at 18km will be the meta. get used to it. what you think you're going to be starting tons of fires in a hindenburg, y'scrub

>using IFHE to pen a single part of a single ship
No

>inb4 flegmu makes a video that IFHE is now good on larger guns
IFHE Yamato age is upon us