/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Best Boy Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>News
FNN 15: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHajKLjYYog
slakolov.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first

aggressive

sustained

counter-fire

This game is garbage. Why are any other weapons besides SMGs even in it?

They're broken as fuck making anything else useless.

remove smgs and anything that shoots really
just keep charge rifle and have laser fights

Who is excited to see the Monarch in action? Beyond being excited for seeing it in action I like how it's a reverse engineered Vanguard class, I mean it's a small thing, but I have a hard on for reverse engineered mechs and war vehicles in things, it's weird I admit.

Pic semi related.

The monarch is IMC ?

Yes.

It was engineered by them and Vision, but apparently plans fell into the hands of every tom dick and harry mercenary and mechanic, according to the news network.

Was based off of two wrecked Vanguard chassis from the battle of Typhon.

It sooths my autism that backround lore like that was thought out even for a Multiplayer thing.

Nice. Gotta fight milician scum with their own weapon

I think the plans being seen by everyone is a nod towards shampooh pulling all the files and managing to figure out her whole kit and everything before she was even revealed lol.

shut up siampuuh

>IMC salvaged a couple Vangards from the ruins of Typhon
>Wanted to make the chassis even more flexible than it already was
>Vinson Dynamics couldn't reverse engineer the chassis, so they just modded it
>The schematics leaked onto the black market
>Now every mercenary Pilot and independent manufacturer can build their own

Not him but I'm like 99% sure that line was added since literally everyone and there mothers knew all the "classified" information early thanks to him posting it here and on youtube. Why else put that line in?

Maybe, but at the same time, I doubt it. The whole story is pretty plausible and was probably going to be used. In the backround shit corperations in TF are constantly stealing shit and upto no good and fielding mercenaries and shit, stealing trade secrets and then making your own Not Vanguard titan's seems like it was gonna happen either way.

Not only that, but it does things slightly differently.

I also admit I have a boner for varients of mecha, it's why I like primes so much.

Yeah it would make sense that it was already like that since militia and IMC will be using it in multiplayer so there had to be a background as to why they had em.

Everyone in multiplayer is a mercenary. You're not strictly Militia or IMC.

This.

Why do you think we can change factions all the time, well aside from gameplay.

In bounty hunt aren't the troops IMC from the remnant fleet or whatever?

Yes. The Bounty Hunt AI are Remnant Fleet forces, meaning they work for Spyglass and his hidden fleet, which are still out there somewhere in the Frontier, amassing strength.

Titanfall has all these neat backround details and stories they really need to do something with, some books, comics, fuck some sort of animated thing something would be cool.

>tfw no 08th Titan Team story

I was thinking more like VOTOMS but faster on foot, if only because of all the planets and shit they could use, and the general size of the Titans being similar to ATs and shit. 08th works as well I suppose too.

>Space Vietnam one minute
>Space operation desert storm the next
>TFW titans in cloaks never

>Desert Storm: Titanfall Edition

>Monarch is reverse engineered Vanguard
>Vanguard is reverse engineered Atlas

>IMC just reverse engineered a reverse engineered version of their own titan

Vanguard is its own chassis; its gimmick is that it's highly modular, so the Militia doesn't have to fuss as much about battlefield salvage and can build their own Titans.

The FNN explicitly says Vinson couldn't successfully reverse engineer the Vanguard, so their R&D modded it to do its own thing.

Yeah but Vanguard is based on atlas chasis and parts so it started as a reverse engineered atlas.

I wonder how many people noticed that this FNN was posted on Respawn's personal website, not EA's furnished Titanfall website.

I noticed the different design, but not the site.

To explain why mercenaries have a titan only available to militia special forces?

Not really necessary to explain since you'd just assume they captured them like the terrorists do with the IMC chassis they have in campaign. Also it's an IMC titan not a terrorist one.

More specifically, why mercenaries and independent manufacturers have the schematics of a tightly-guarded IMC/Vinson design that's based off a modded Vanguard they couldn't fully reverse engineer.

The FNN explicitly says the IMC salvaged two slagged Vanguards from the ruins of Typhon (which confirms the multiplayer definitely takes place after the singleplayer campaign).

First for Titanfall 3 being Spyglass going rogue and commandeering half a galactic arm worth of Titans to fight a war with humanity that eventually leads to the Age of Strife, which is only another 5,000 till the Great Crusade

>tfw no bad at game
>keep dying to rooftop shitters with G2s
When are they gonna add a feature where people insta die if they don't move enough?

Do you know what reverse engineering is?
Being based on the same chasis doesn't mean they reverse engineered that titan. They already had Atlas titans.

When a car company makes a new car but uses and old chasis you don't say they reverse engineered their own fucking car.

Floor is Lava mode when?

>First for Titanfall 3 being Spyglass going rogue

correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't that literally just the ending of the first game's "story"?

Yeah I thought that was weird.

Wonder what's up.

Depending on who you ask, Spyglass has already gone rogue. He's still following his parameters to disrupt Militia operations, but he's not checking in with IMC high command, and he's taking the initiative instead of waiting for new orders or reinforcements from the Core Systems. As far as General Marder and ARES are concerned, the Remnant Fleet is a "rogue element."

I mean go rogue in the true skynet fashion, the towering pillars of human engineering suddenly turning on their masters, whole planets burning as civilian forces are wiped out by advancing armies of Titans. Entire planets turned into factories for making more titans to fuel the conquest, fleets of hundreds of ships, not a single one with organic life on it, slowly spreading through the stars to wipe out any human resistance, things like that.

Maybe I just need to stop getting such a boner for sci-fi dystopia, but in a sci-fi setting, taking away technology is the same as taking away fire from cavemen; they'll probably all die after a whole bunch of infighting. I like the idea of mankind paying for its ambitions by being left a thousands isolated worlds after conquering the galaxy

I think instead of skynet, it going i, Robot would be more interesting, only this time using Human's to fight and it's control boner mainly being aimed at the IMC, Militia and the shit load of corporations and merc bands and stopping them. taking it's programing to some weird extreme seeing the only way to permanently disrupt militia operations is to also fuck over the IMC and create peace though force.

I wonder if they'll do a Meet the Monarch video like the other Titan briefings they did.

They're in game so it would be weird if they didn't.

Why would you want to relive the story from Will Smith's worst movie?

I really want to see the Militia get to the point where they are nore a state than just a militia and have to sort out governing planets and shit, eventually devolving into civil war between those who want to go back to the lawless frontier of old and those who want to build a proper government but end up just being IMC 2.0, in a twist of irony.

Then what you said RE: Spyglass.

I would imagine they would do something like those Hammond Robotics intros for Monarch, except with Vinson branding.

Because that could be done somewhat interestingly if done better. Work in a human suport element so it's just not just an AI going HUMAN BAD, and all humans being against it, I mean it could probably scoop up people jaded and fucked over by either side to run for it, plus it can use it's self. I dunno it's a stupid idea but a neat one as well.

There's supposed to be a video on the update today, I dunno if Monarch will get it's whole own video as well or it'll be put in there. I assume that it will.

That would be sweet

Kind of wish we'd got a militia one for Vanguard

What I meant is that if I remember correctly they reverse engineered Atlas and after reverse engineering Atlas they made Vanguard which was based on their reverse engineered version.

That would be pretty neat too, an autocratic AI declaring system wide control for the sake of humanity, with the IMC and Militia joining together with the last few unaffected Titans to stop it.
>Will Smith's worst movie
How about Spyglass tries to take over the galaxy, but is instead stopped by GIANT MECHANICAL SPIDERS after having his face uncomfortably close to another robots crotch?

Xboners got good taste edition when?

>Wild Wild west refrence

KEK.

Only thing I remember about that movie is one of the Men in Black ones were out at the same time and Kid me got some shades from a BK kids meal or something and I wore them everywhere like a dork. Weird how the mind wires two things only linked by a black man with a weird son like that decades later.

Should be Starfire instead of Raven.

Klager here
Any other Xboners who feel left out, feel free to update this image with one animated and one vidya waifu
Or message me with their names as well as specifics on which version of a character you'd like to be pictured
All waifus will be properly represented and respected, no matter how shameful you may think it is

it's 5/25. trailer when?

In a couple hours

It's 6:45 AM on the west coast. Respawn isn't awake yet.

t. shitter who can't git gud with a meme gun

>just realized I missed Nicole Watterson
DAMNIT. I'll copy-paste her over Queen Slug for a Butt since I put her there as a joke anyway

How about spyglass tries to engineer a successor to lead the IMC to victory but it turns out it just can't act.

YES PLEASE

Now I want to see literal Vietnam with mechs, thanks.

>TFW you'll never napalm entire vietcong villages with Scorch

>ywn roast chinks with Scorch with fortunate son playing in the cockpit

Found you a bigger version of that pic user.

>It ain't me starts playing

>titanfall 3 campaign where you have to hunt down spyglass's rogue forces on some jungle planet
fund it

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHajKLjYYog

>napalm_sticks_to_kids.mp3

much appriciated
whose the artist?

Is there a website showing the active player count of TF2 on PC?
Been looking for 5-10 minutes now but can't find anything.

felipey on DA

slakolov.deviantart.com/

This guy. Has allot of titanfall art. Just found it though reverse image search but the name rings a bell I think his stuff has been in here before.

At least that's what came up on a reverse image search. Can't find it now.

Found the airdrop pic on a, Allah forgive me for saying this, Reddit post when I first reversed searched.

Someone post spicy life por favor

>Fasting though space Hanoi taking out Remnant fleet forces
>The constant killing effects you
>Second and third acts combine PTSD and titans in a weird Sci Fi mix of Platoon and Apocalypse now as you and blisk go on a deep jungle mission that's 1 part mech battles 2 parts vision quest

Makes me want to see the cobbled together but still effective Viet Cong Titans

>Dig a big hole
>Cover it up
>Titan falls in hole
>Requires several cranes/helicopters to get out
>Whole thing is stripped for parts by the time any kind of salvage operation can be mounted

I'd like to see a Pilot become concerned about all the people he's killing and have it effect the Titan AI (or vice verse I guess).

>Try to burn down a village
>Titan forces you to seethe whole village as your immediate family
>:::thinking::: about morality and stuff

I don't know of any other than the shitty reddit playercount, and I'm pretty sure it only tracks the RDDT population.

>Pilots taking space LSD

>Titan tries to stop you by doing shit like that
>You've become so numb to it that it slowly just becomes more okay with it as time goes on it's human rights violation (if they even have those) protocols being overwritten

Jesus seeing a titan during a bad trip would be fucking horrible I imagine.

Ok, I dig that you guys like the aesthetic and morality play opportunities but gameplay-wise what you're describing sounds like crash site with more trees.

Shit you're right.

But Hanoi could work. It'd be like angel city with more whores.

>IMC governor leads a coup on a desert planet controlled by the Militia
>Militia demands the governor retreat and remove his forces
>Governor talks shit
>Operation Desert Storm 2: Desert Typhoon

>Spyglass tries to take over the galaxy, but is instead stopped by GIANT MECHANICAL SPIDERS after having his face uncomfortably close to another robots crotch?
I'd play this visual novel.

I'd be more concerned about being in a Titan during one. In Warhammer 40Kthe people linked with titans (Warhammer Titans which are tall like skyscrapers) eventually get high off being a Titan. They're lo longer human, their abs are adamantium, their arms have the power to wipe out armies, each step they take literally shakes the earth. Eventually they can't be disconnected because it's like a heroin addiction but much stronger and more intense. One bad trip on space LSD and you might find that you were a robot all along trapped in a meaty shell, it'd be like being asked to step out of your body.

>Traps for slows that like to use the ground
>Game modes with different ways to play that affect morality (choose to be defenders of a village rather than the attackers?)
>Morality is a thing that you have to commit to and each path has a bunch of unique things in it (unique camos and all that)
>Morality affects the way AI treats you (some grunts might salute while others could just sound scared?) and how the announcer talks to you (Pilot I appreciate the enthusiasm but anymore of that and you'll need to be examined)
>Random friendly fire airstrikes on both sides
>Psychedelics instead of grenades that add both a buff and a nerf for a short time

idk I'm not paid to come up with good ideas like Respawn is.

Not a literal jungle, but a ruined city in a sandy desert, with burned out skyscrapers poking out of the dunes, external surfaces battered smooth and shiny by the weekly wind storms.

>I'd be more concerned about being in a Titan during one. In Warhammer 40Kthe people linked with titans (Warhammer Titans which are tall like skyscrapers) eventually get high off being a Titan. They're lo longer human, their abs are adamantium, their arms have the power to wipe out armies, each step they take literally shakes the earth. Eventually they can't be disconnected because it's like a heroin addiction but much stronger and more intense. One bad trip on space LSD and you might find that you were a robot all along trapped in a meaty shell, it'd be like being asked to step out of your body.

I really need to get into Warhammer stuff.

I mean I've wanted to for awhile but this takes the cake.

>Morality is a thing that you have to commit to and each path has a bunch of unique things in it (unique camos and all that)
I'd only be ok with this if moral choices reset on regen so I could collect em all, otherwise it just tickles my tism.

Warhammer is everything dialed up to 11 all the time. Just go to the wikia and read up on random stuff if you want, I'm too poor to play but I can talk Warhammer lore with people that play no issue. I mean imagine piloting pic related, imagine BEING pic related, it'd be hard to sympathize with anything really.

Then the rewards would be reset as well. There's no point in the morality system if you just get everything eventually. Good guys strictly get good guys stuff and bad guys get the bad guy stuff. You want to see how the other side lives it's a full commitment in a new life (regen) with no ties to your old one.

Fortunately for the Titanfall Pilots, their uplink to their titans are not anywhere near the order that WH40k princeps are.

It seems the uplink is more for just general operation, the titan being able to understand what you are wanting to do, both inside and outside of it, and acting accordingly, rather than the pilot literally feeling like they are the titan.

Yeah I'm too poor to play it but the lore has always sounded neat.

Yeah I've noticed that as well. Pilots still use a view screen to see and their hands still operate things inside the cockpit, the link is probably to help with movement balance and reaction times and things like that.

That being said maybe IMC sees better productivity from Pilots that are just a nervous system and brain floating in a tank piloting a Titan. If regening a pilot is a thing in universe than they know how to map a brain correctly (or are at least really good at it) and it'd just be putting it into a Titan rather than a simulacrum.

The IMC and Militia have different philosophies when it comes to deployment and value of assets. The IMC is known to be more "disposable" about its Pilots and Titans, while the Militia places greater value on more long-term investments.

Makes sense the Militia doesn't have the resources they do, whole reason the Vanguard makes allot of sense for them (one titan can do all the things with ease, granted techically in 1 every frame could do it all but I digress), and wanting to keep them and their pilots alive and piloting.

Where as the IMC, it's like who gives a fuck we'll just hire more pilots and build more titans.

Then the Militia is actually a lot more likely to go the brain in a jar route for titans then. Your best pilot dies you just stick a back up of his conscience into another robot. Sure that guys "lives" a """life""" of undeath as a soulless machine that murders all day but it cuts costs.

You can't inject a consciousness into a Titan directly, at least not to our knowledge. Besides, we already have simulacrums and (possibly) cloning. Transhumanism is pretty big in Titanfall, though it's rarely elaborated on.

I wonder if they could copy a brain more than once?

I want to see them test out a Titan and Simulacrum pilot with the same human base as a test. It could end in ruin or complete profit. But mad science must see it happen.

That's what I mean. Simulacrums and titans are the same, just a different scale. What's stopping them from just plugging a human into a Titan rather than a Simulacrum? Is it a microchip or actual parts of a brain? If it's a chip it doesn't seem like they'd have problems copy pasting the data that makes the chip "you"

In an episode of Black Mirror they're able to create copies of "yourself" that think they're you, but they're just microchips that think they're people. Copied, but not technically a "copy" just a perfect replica, I guess technically.

I need pictures. Pictures of best girl

What about her little sister?

absolutely based