Which one would you rather have?

Which one would you rather have?

Other urls found in this thread:

mazda.ca/en/shopping-tools/build-price/#/QC/2017/MX-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

miata

miata

toyobaru because I hate convertibles.

I had Frs before and if I was looking at these cars I would look between brz performance package and Miata bbk/brembo package. Go with cheaper one

Toybaru because I could dd it more easily
Also what said

t o r q u e d i p

Daily driver? Toyburu
Weekend car? Miata

E C U F L A S H

Miata. Holy shit the new frs front bumpers little teeth are hideous though. I just looked them up to see which one had them, and in like 2 pictures they looked alright... But irl, like dogshit.

86, don't like the modern mx-5's as much, if it were the gen 1 Miata then that is a totally different story

Pretty much this

I already have a Lexus DD, so I'm looking at miatas now

get the RF then

BRZ because livable.

miat

you would take a 20 year old mazda over a brand new brz?

Overpriced

of course he should

People here a idiots and deluded themselves into thinking that the only good cars are the shitboxes they can afford

>not trading your new miata for 10x old miatas

Why would you prefer the old one over the new one other than le epic pop ups?

BRZ

new Miata is horrifically ugly and a worse car to live with

>Why would you prefer the old one over the new one other than [the main reason to get the old one]

also better, cheaper aftermarket. better steering feel. low as fug belt line.

wet noodle 25 year old shitbox

Have fun replacing everything

Brand new I would take BRZ + performance mods.

because old cars have less computers to get in your way. I have a 1980 mazda with a fucking carburetor and i wouldnt trade it for either of these. but if i had to choose i would go with miata of course

I already did that on my 20 year old not-Miata shitbox and it actually was pretty fun to be honest family. Would do again

I have a GT86 because it can do pic related. I have 3 passengers quite frequently as well.

V O I D W A R R A N T Y

On a 5 year old car that you can by for $13k?

S T O C K F L A S H

People loved the s2000 despite it not having any torque until 6 grand, but hate the brz a for a much smaller dip. I'm confused.

I'm a Subarufag and even I would want the Miata.

see, i'm only 5'4 so someone can actually sit behind me, and i don't like only having two seats

I chose the GT86 because it's more usable as daily driver.
- Ability to drive with 2 passengers (I'm 6,3 nobody can sit behind me)
- More room for luggage (pic related)

If I'd had the money and another garage I'd buy a MX5 as second fun car though :)

memes

how can i possibly choose between two turds

all of them tiny manlets, naturally.

>30k+ starting thats GT money now

I owned a 20 year old Miata and if I'd had the money I would have replaced it with a BRZ.

No, girls. :^)

I went with the BRZ. I liked both of them a lot, but the BRZ was more practical for a daily. I'll probably get an older Miata too once I have the space for it.

Honda S2000 AP1, with hardtop
stroker kit 2.4L
twincharger by using twin scroll turbo and supercharger

I want the FRS body but Miata suspension and drivetrain.

I really want to like the 86 but I can't stand boxer engines. Other than that it's pretty much every I wanted in a car after DDing a Miata for three years.

>hardtop
>bigger trunk/hatch
>vestigial rear seats
>longer gearing

Went with an old Mustang instead because poorfag but I miss the tiny-car handling.

I G N I T I O N C O U NT

whats wrong with boxer engines?

How much power can you get out of a BRZ with a relatively simple supercharger kit? 250bhp? 0-60 time should be right around 5sec, right?
I know the MX5 is faster, better on the launch, but the suspension is pretty shitty. BRZ is slower, but more tame on roll.

Theres also the fact that the Miata is known as a gar for gays.
But Subaru as a whole is known as a gay brand.

This is a tough decision.

they take 10 minutes longer to do a spark plug job, which triggers the Veeky Forumsutist

also there's an imagined problem with uniform oil distribution in the crankcase and around the heads, again a problem for fedoras

also I guess some are triggered by the rumble caused by unequal length headers on EJs, because the average busrider's dream honda sounds like raspy shit in comparison

oh they also don't like the wide packaging that necessitates mcstruts, b/c when you're benchracaing those mcphersons are a deal-breaker

280bhp is the norm for kits on my country, 300whp is what most people end up with after a reasonable amount of mods and a dyno tune. Mine is stock except for performance tires, 0-60 gets as low as 6 seconds on good pavement and without passengers.

>Theres also the fact that the Miata is known as a gar for gays.
>But Subaru as a whole is known as a gay brand.
just get the toyota you retard

Am I the only one a bit confused as to why you'd even consider these when the WRX STI exists?

>$6,500 more expensive
>100 lbs heavier

Nah.

boring pigfat awd family sedan

The STI starts at like $36k, and its a different size.
If you're throwing price out the window you might as well include the BMW Z4.

they're in a completely different price bracket u goon

Toyobaru

One is an AWD turbo sedan, these are small rwd coupes.

neither because no homo

Miata but with an lsd its pretty pricey and in the winter an lsd is very useful.
With tip its almost more than a mustang gt.
And miatas dont go out in the winter so the depreciation is slow as fuck.

The LSD package is like 2 grand for the Miata. You can't get any new Mustang worth buying for 26 grand.

da doyoda

The biggest problem is the coolant and oil being in constant contact with the head gaskets. And if the gaskets do you need doing you have to pull the engine. Not the mention the timing belt is a bigger job.

t. owned a Subaru and got tired of those engines

in shitnada you have to get the gs.
If that package is sold in canada with the base model(GX) swear I buy the minute I get a gud job.
mazda.ca/en/shopping-tools/build-price/#/QC/2017/MX-5

>Which one would you rather have?
Toyobaru, as long as i get to keep my NA miata.

Wasn't that just a problem with the early N/A 2.5L EJ series having poor quality gaskets?

S2K with a hard top.

gb2 reddit

Nice stretch jeans.

He's reddit for making a reasonable post? /tv/ please go

>He's
You

Gt86 because more power, better aftermarket, more comfortable seating, more practical.

Those were the ones that really got publicity, but a ton of NA Subie engines had that issue. Even without a random failure they're still a pain to work on compared to an I4 in a similar car like a Miata.

It's like how everyone says the Ford modular V8 are bulletproof, but if you start talking to owners you see they eat timing chain guides every 80-100K.

Miata with a hairdryer.

>buying a car new
youve cucked yourself there pablo

mx5 because the Toyota is just too ugly

3k civic

>100lbs
just tell you gf to fuck off and you save that kind of weight

>mods costing more than both cars put together

That is pretty ugly.

>100 lbs
Bitch the brz is fucking 400 lbs heavier than the miata rf.

The miata is objectively better. The only reason the go brz is if youre willing to sacrifice weight for a minute amount more of practicality and the safety of not being softtop.

>objectively with exceptions

The only advantage the brz has over the miata (practical/safer) is gained by sacrificing a more important metric (weight). Miata is objectively better.

The point is why the fuck would I pay $6,500 to make my car heavier by 100 lbs.

Convertible BRZ.

the engine is yuropoor crap

ha! gay

This

BRZ

My brother has an FRS and let me drive it for a week instead of me renting a car. I liked it a lot. The BRZ is the same thing and I don't like convertibles anyway so gimme that.

Neither, I'll take an S2000.

this would actually make them sell

heresy
this thing doesnt need to be even slower

The BR-Z. I need practicality, and Toyota made the front end on the 86 look fucking stupid.

Are they ever going to bring it back?

You saw what they did to the crx... Just think of what they'd do to the S2000... It's probably better if it stays dead.

>Timing belt is a bigger job
I don't think you have ever owned a car with a transversely placed engine.

You don't want a hybrid CVT S2000 user? :^)