/utg/ - Undertale General

Fish With Cape Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/DAqaUabXoAAdW_n.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArm368XgAUALII.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArT55mXUAALENk.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArf8iSXcAAd-ww.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArf9zmXoAAxiIt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArmjukXYAAio6o.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAq9ebAW0AATnvZ.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArnQacXoAA-fPL.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArnOWiXYAIIzkf.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArGpM3WAAABGaX.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArJtu-WsAAkEog.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArmlnEXgAAcRIy.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAr2r6wW0AAorgZ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArTibCWAAA7iw0.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAkijqTXoAATNNC.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArmo1SXYAIHoJw.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArTibGXkAIsuMB.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArAXoDXsAA2LQW.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArWXIjXsAEnQop.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArm5-bWAAI9Rkq.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAmh7v8XsAA36Xk.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArnJEvWsAA67To.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArnCGNW0AAaiQx.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArAy4kXYAIMuib.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArFbl7WsAA0uu6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArdNRtXoAArXi2.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArTibFWAAACM95.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAmnKD5XgAAwNlo.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArhahTWsAEWd9_.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAoN4b_WAAEjJk3.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAoV3ILXUAAwhtX.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CdL2Gu8UUAEgeJ6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CdL2HPYUkAAIWWy.jpg:orig
pastebin.com/cs4YryrX
pastebin.com/u/Ononymous
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love Chara!

Best Pair Reportan'

fish with a lizard

cutest undertale begging for hugs from user

this looks like more than hugs

You meet Flowey inbetween the Underground's Entrance and Exit, before Toriel and after Asgore, outside the Ruins/Home and outside New Home.

You meet Sans inbetween your meetings with Toriel and Asgore. Right after you leave Toriel, Sans is there, and he watches over you all the way up to when it's time for you to meet Asgore. Then, he judges you before you can pass on.

Az' don't swing like dat

Forgot to mention:

You meet Flowey inbetween the Underground's Entrance and Exit, before Toriel and after Asgore, outside the Ruins/Home and outside New Home. When you first meet him before Toriel, and when you last meet him before Toriel, he is your very first and very last Battle.

Yes I to shotagotebro ask "shotagotebro please hug" and shotagotebro says with dom, heh my bitch, you gonna get hugalright and he scoops me in his lustful power cock and crushes all bones and organs with max pleasure for him and me

>Asgore
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAqaUabXoAAdW_n.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArm368XgAUALII.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArT55mXUAALENk.jpg:orig
>Toriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArf8iSXcAAd-ww.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArf9zmXoAAxiIt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArmjukXYAAio6o.png:orig
>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAq9ebAW0AATnvZ.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArnQacXoAA-fPL.png:orig
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArnOWiXYAIIzkf.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArGpM3WAAABGaX.jpg:orig
>Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArJtu-WsAAkEog.jpg:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArmlnEXgAAcRIy.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAr2r6wW0AAorgZ.jpg:orig
>Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArTibCWAAA7iw0.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAkijqTXoAATNNC.jpg:orig
>Alphys
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArmo1SXYAIHoJw.png:orig
>Mettaton
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArTibGXkAIsuMB.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArAXoDXsAA2LQW.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArWXIjXsAEnQop.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArm5-bWAAI9Rkq.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAmh7v8XsAA36Xk.jpg:orig
>Muffet
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArnJEvWsAA67To.png:orig
>Mad Dummy
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArnCGNW0AAaiQx.png:orig
>Ice Cap
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArAy4kXYAIMuib.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArFbl7WsAA0uu6.jpg:orig
>Skeletons
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArdNRtXoAArXi2.png:orig
>Fishlizard
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArTibFWAAACM95.png:orig
>Chara x Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAmnKD5XgAAwNlo.jpg:orig
>Royal Guards
pbs.twimg.com/media/DArhahTWsAEWd9_.jpg:orig
>Goat Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAoN4b_WAAEjJk3.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DAoV3ILXUAAwhtX.jpg:orig
>Alphys x Mettaton and Undyne x Napstablook
pbs.twimg.com/media/CdL2Gu8UUAEgeJ6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CdL2HPYUkAAIWWy.jpg:orig

incorrect

correct

Minor nitpick: Sans and Monster Kid are the first characters you meet in their areas, and both of them introduce you to their area's boss (sort of).
But other than that, yeah, you're right. The Alphys/Mettaton situation is really muddled up compared to the one in the previous two areas. I hadn't taken the dating into account.

Interesting, but smells like over-analysis. I don't think it's an intentional pattern in the way Sans/Papyrus, MK/Undyne and Mettaton/Alphys (although muddled) are.

I love the Partners!

Do you want this one in the collage instead?

That's right.
Very caring hugs is what he really wants from you.
Asriel loves hugs. And he truly needs them.

O-oh you're actually making a collage? Well yes use that if you're going to use something. I was just clowning around really. Please don't put the Muffet and Asriel in it if you do put that in though. Otherwise I'm going to be hogging a lot of the collage.

Thanks!

What about hugging Flowey?

He hates it! HATES it!

Sans' interactions with you don't stop after Snowdin, unless Papyrus is dead, and either way, he watches over your actions, like Flowey does. Sans' shows up with his Sentry Station at the start of Snowdin, Waterfall, and Hotland (with an extra Hotland one for Hotdog selling purposes)*.

At the start of Waterfall, Sans takes you to Grillby's and talks to you about important plot stuff. He also takes you to dinner at Mettaton's hotel to talk to you about important stuff.

Throughout Snowdin, Waterfall, and Hotland, Sans' appears randomly at different points for jokes.

Sans is the first character you meet after you leave Toriel, on the very outskirts of Snowdin right after the Ruins' door. Sans is also the last character you see before you meet Asgore, and that's when he judges you. Both of those encounters have Sans hidden in shadow. The Last Corridor is Sans' boss arena, but the actual Boss Fight only happens if your on a Genocide Route. Otherwise, the Boss is replaced with Judgements. After his Judgement, if you do things right, you can get the key to his room.

Sans' area of effect as a 'Boss' character / Main character, is inbetween the King and Queen, while Flowey's area of effect is the entire Underground, from the Barrier-entrance to the Barrier-exit, as the very first and very last character you meet.

*note: may be the same station teleported across space.

Same thing as huggin' a goat

Az' needs more than his best friend right now

>Sans' interactions with you don't stop after Snowdin
I never said they did. Is anything in your post supposed to disagree with what I said, or are you just describing Sans's full role in the game for its own sake?

agreed
best family

I'm just pointing out how Sans' role isn't as a supporting character for Papyrus or Snowdin.

They're going to have so many children.

That is his role. It's just not his only role, or even his primary role. But it's definitely a role.

i love sans!

I hate him

Am I late?

Sans canonically smells like rotting hotdog water

Collage.

papyrus rules

san of bad tim

Not really. He's not a supporting character for Papyrus. Sans has his own role. That role may be somewhat connected to Papyrus, but so are Toriel's and Asgore's, Flowey's and Frisk's, and Undyne's and Alphys'.

He use to be one of my favorite but as time went on I just got bored of his edgyness during genocide and I got realized that his bkacstory wasn't clever and setting up some future spin off or big plot reveal but just Toby being lazy. Plus his humor sucks

Papyrus is cool though

only in one of the suboptimal endings
do you want to have a suboptimal ending?

Chara has a nice butt.

that is absolutely fine and absolutely cute!!!
Though I have no idea where it'd stand legally or what society would say.

Interracial breeding was once illegal too.
For the ones it works for, I don't think interspecies is illegal.

>Sans has his own role.
Not only have I never denied this, I have affirmed it a lot of times. He has his own role. But he also has a role as the main supporting character in Snowdin. It's not his primary role, but it's there.
Do you understand that a character can have multiple roles?

No see if Sans isn't the most important and greatest character then its wrong! Clearly Papyrus was just there to build up Sans and make him look better! After all Sans is the real main character!

He's there as a supporting character in Waterfall and Hotland as well, though.

Please don't. That's not what I am saying.

Only as a minor supporting character, not as the main supporting character. He's not even there if you kill Papyrus, and that doesn't change the plot. By comparison, Monster Kid does change the plot. Take him away and you also have to change almost all of the Undyne confrontations.

It'd depend on if they're considered a racial group or a different species. The latter is a lot more complicated.

and I think society at large would have varying opinions

It seems like at least some monsters, like Moldsmal, aren't sapient. What does that imply for the ability of monsters to get legally recognized as people on the surface?

Chara burpfic?

woah I'd forgotten you
utg never changes, huh

I think everyone would agree that fucking the dead is wrong and boys like Frisk can't get pregnant.
If you want to talk about shipping, go to the /trash/ thread, because it becomes a fucking feedback loop between a few people which sucks up the image limit, which slows the threads down.

I'm just earlier than usual.
Collage again.

The fact that you go out to eat with him twice, both being highly important events, means he isn't a minor supporting character.

The Genocide Route in and of itself is radically different from the rest of the game. Alphys doesn't even make an appearance at all, even though she's still the center of Hotland's story.

Sans' appearances in Snowdin during a Genocide route are mostly his way of trying to steer you in the right direction before you kill his brother.

>frisk
>a boy
that's pretty gay user

Non-humanoid monsters in general will probably have crazy problems getting personhood status

I mean can you imagine your average politician seeing Tsunderplane and going yes that right there is a sentient being that deserves the same rights as me

Agreed
Sans is the main character and the one that the plot of the entire game is based on and focuses around.

Flowey? Chara? Asriel? Toriel? Asgore? Who are those faggots? Obviously minor characters to the great and powerful Sans!

Fuck.. I missed it. maybe nextime. great job colage user

He played his hand. You know what to do.

They'd probably end up getting separated into a billion sub-ethnicities, and the clearly non-sapient ones would just essentially become classified as a type of animal.
On the other hand, monsters like boss monsters would have no issue getting recognized as people. Might be some period of political turmoil though.

Frisk is a whatever you want them to be

Undertale

Would a new generation gote children be technically considered royalty?

Boss Monsters are kind of a rarity.

gay babies are the best

Nice!

You can still go for it user. Collage user can add them in afterwards.

Dude. STOP IT. That is NOT what I said. Sans is not the main character. He's an important character, but the true center of the story is the Dreemurrs.

Frisk&Chara, Flowey/Asriel, Toriel, Asgore, the 6 human children. These characters are the MOST important characters of Undertale's story. At the same time, Frisk&Chara, Flowey/Asriel, Toriel and Asgore are main characters alongside Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, and Sans.

In terms of plot importance and stuff, the characters seem to be ranked like this:

-Frisk&Chara, Flowey/Asriel
-Toriel and Asgore
-Sans
-Papyrus, Undyne, and Alphys

Visually, I'd picture it like a "U" shape of some kind, or... layers. Or... something... some sort of pattern.

I guess it's like

If you remove the Ruins and the Throne Room in New Home, you have Snowdin with Papyrus as the boss, Waterfall with Undyne as the boss, and Hotland with Alphys as the boss (weirdness aside), and then after all of that, at the very end, is Sans as the 'final' boss.

>-Sans
>-Papyrus, Undyne, and Alphys
>and then after all of that, at the very end, is Sans as the 'final' boss.
lol

I can't believe Chara fucked Asriel in the ass and he gave birth to 5 boss monsters!

He's shitposting, don't encourage or enable him.

If Asriel is somehow magically revived and either Chara is a girl and somehow revived or Frisk is a girl, then yes. Presumably the first-born male would be the eventual heir to the throne.

You're still missing my point, so I'm going to try and make this as clear as possible.
Do you understand that a character can have multiple roles?

You need to fuck off. The point i'm making to him is that Sans is not somehow more important then Undyne or Papyrus. Guess who also appears in areas outside their original? Papyrus does both in person and via the phone calls. Fuck Papyrus and Undyne both has more actual text than Sans.
Sans is not more important then either of them

Now take your dumb parnoia and fuck off because you are quickly becoming more annoying then the faggot you're butthurt about

What would happen if Chara and Frisk both had amnesia, and their consciousnesses blended together into one personality and identity?

Chisk or Frara happens.

sans is the only character that shows up in-person in every area of the game, except the ruins, and he still has a connection to those through toriel

and Papyrus has a shit ton more dialog in every single area because of his phone calls

Whats your point?

Hi guys. Here's part nine!

>pastebin.com/cs4YryrX
>Harry Potter and the Dreamer Awakened (Part 9)
>Crossover, Clean, Post-TP, Deathly Hallow Spoilers

Read the rest here
>pastebin.com/u/Ononymous

Let me know what you think, and hope you enjoy!

Next time: A reassessment of priorities.

But Papyrus and Undyne's character arcs have already 'ended' before you can call them and stuff. Sans' arc doesn't come to a conclusion until his Judgement.

The fact is, Sans kind of IS more important than Papyrus, Undyne, and Alphys, to a similar extent that Toriel and Asgore are more important than him, and Flowey/Asriel is the most important character of all on the same level as Frisk and Chara.

Some part of me kind of thinks that maybe Papyrus is on the same level as Sans, being the first that you fight out of him, Undyne, and Alphys, and him being absolutely necessary to have on your side in order to befriend Undyne and Alphys, but I don't know... at the very least, that way it would work like pairs in layers.

Sans doesn't even have a character arc. Please tell me how he grows and changes over the game

Does that mean Papyrus is more important than Flowey, who is ALSO physically present in absolutely every area of the game?

Flowey has an effect on the direct plot, is easily the most important actual character and is the emotional climax of the game. Its not the same at all

Yeah but Sans's arc finishes before the main buddy trio's does, doesn't it? You go through neutral route, you make friends with all these guys, you go through Sans, and that's the last you see of him until the very end while you still have a bunch of content for Papyrus, Alphys and Undyne through the Alphys date sequence.

Sans does show up a lot, but he mostly takes a backseat until Judgement and then continues to take a backseat while making friends with the rest of the cast becomes more important.

his boner grows because kiddo

He's a lazy individual that feels that trying to do anything is useless, and you are a very determined soul that won't give up and will end up doing something thought impossible. His lost soul dialogue says what I mean.

>Sans's character arc is four lines of dialogue during a small subsection of a boss fight
wew

Oh is this where Sansfags get butthurt because I don't consider him the most important and greatest character so you dumb fags spam the thread and try to chase people off?
That is not a character arc. Please actually find out what words means before you use them.
Unlike Papyrus, Undyne, Toriel and Alphys Sans does not have a character arc. Is character is pretty much completely static outside of a single line in during the lost soul stuff that doesn't change anything

Technically, you can date Papyrus, Undyne, and Alphys at any time after you fight them, but they are still linked to the specific areas and must happen in a specific order.

Yeah, Sans sort of is completely static, but by character arc, I also sort of mean like... your interactions with that character build up to a specific point, and for Sans that point is the Judgement. For Papyrus, that point is when he fights you in order to capture you, for Undyne, that's when she's fighting you to kill you for the sake of all monsters' hopes and dreams, and for Alphys it's when Mettaton is tired of her acting plans and lies, and decides to fight you himself for real. After those points, the character opens up to you and reveals certain things about themselves, and stuff. For Papyrus, it's his date sequence, for Undyne it's hanging out with her and burning her house down, for Alphys it's dating her and getting her and Undyne together and then exploring the True Lab, and for Sans it's learning about his secrets and stuff in his room and workshop.

nice hair, anyone know what it says?