Which modern car will make me feel like i'm driving an integrale evo 2?

which modern car will make me feel like i'm driving an integrale evo 2?
an sti/wrx hatch?

Other urls found in this thread:

pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lancia/delta
youtube.com/watch?v=qJHhZ1eFv9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing compares to an Italian car. Otherwise Evo should be closer to the feel of the Lancia than the STi.

Nothing even comes close, I got inside one (didn't drive) and it felt like pure sex. I'd give anything for one.

>which modern car will make me feel like i'm driving an integrale evo 2?
>an sti/wrx hatch?

nope. Nothing modern comes close

t. my dad's co-worker owns one and I got to drive it. as in he encouraged me to get on it.

If you get to chance to drive one, please do. Sure its slower than a brand new sti/wrx but its 100x more fun to drive.

Modern? None. Delta has a very short wheelbase. Your best bet among eadily accessible cars is an early Impreza.

damn
well i'd get one,but:
1. for the price i can probably get something just as fun + more modern
2. i would have to wait at the very least 3+ weeks for any part i want to arrive
3. it would most likely be my only car
might just have to settle for a golf r with a haldex controller because it would be the easiest to live with in my situation
if decide to get an evo,which one would you guys recommend?7 i'm guessing?
pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lancia/delta

No, if you want fun out of your car and you want it AWD, get the Subaru.

I saw one of these in my province very god damn randomly pulling out of a rural street.
I was in a white GC8 STI as soon as I saw one I literally orgasmed I could not believe there are actually Delta Integrales in Canada let alone Quebec.
Pulled out a thumbs up high up, man in his 60s returned the thumb.

surreal car.

awd is not necessary,i live in a half desert
i just want something compact

I would really recommend a GC8 STi then, parts are basically lego with all other Subarus.
A Lancia will be too much of a pain in the ass to drive.

finding an unmolested gc8 of any kind might be hard but i'll try anyway
i could go with a miata or mr2 but i need the extra 3 seats

If you want a driving feel and practicality it is your best option. You are not low on cash, so you can
>unmolest
it if needs be.

A GC holds 5 grown men with almost no problems and I am talking 6ft+. So it has shitton of space in it.

Panda 4x4 + turbo

youtube.com/watch?v=qJHhZ1eFv9E

I agree with this user, I daily a '99 GC8 Impreza WRX, not even an STI or anything fancy, running a set of BC coilovers all round with a strut bar at the front and it's probably the most fun car I've ever owned. Though I find it really does make you drive like a twat, I drive seriously aggressively when I'm behind the wheel of it, mostly because it's so fun you just want to really get on it everywhere.
+1 for buying a GC8

COOL VIBRATIONS

The integrale is smaller than a fiesta and with a pretty low profile. I dont think any modern hatch has an asset like that to begin with. The engine is apparently low on torque until you rev it up when the turbo kicks in, the steering, its greatest point, is something which many say its still unrivaled for precision to this day. The driving position is actually pretty uncomfortable because you have to completely extend your arms to reach the steering wheel

I think there are a lot of reasons if they go for 50k euros now, other than for its story and the sublime badass look it has

>I think there are a lot of reasons if they go for 50k euros now
I'd wager rarity and pedigree count for most of it. A lot of those were apparently wrapped around trees by wannabe rally drivers back in the day and the Italian meme QUALITY was strong with Lancia around then, so the ones that survived the natural selection process got their prices driven up somewhat. Enter the collectors and their garaged Evo 2's with the grand IT'S AN EVEN MORE LIMITED ULTIMATE EDITION speeches, and it's not hard to see why they're so expensive. Kinda like the air-cooled Porsches, actually.

That said, I've also heard about them being fun as hell to drive, so I guess that counts too.

Am I the only one who just sees it as a Golf on the outside?

Nope. Because I've seen one these IRL and they look nothing like the golf. especially with those boxed flares.

you could've picked the five door golf with four headlamps for comparison ;)

still looks nothing like it. You have probably never seen an Evo 2 irl if you think they look the same.

Hey Guys

Does this feel like a sexy italian interior to you?

Yes, you are.

Don't bestemmiate, pig god.

that looks nice

It's a Chrysler TC which is basically a Lebaron that's been given the Maserati treatment. They were supposed to be a halo car that came out before the standard model launched to create a premium image but Maserati took too long so they didn't come out until after which screwed up the whole image strategy but now that Lebarons themselves are thinning out and losing their stereotype (but still plentiful in junk yards for many years yet) I'd like to get one as my roadster. Most wear and tear parts are just the same or at least interchangeable. The black leather interiors are quite rare, they're usually "ginger" (tan). Even rarer still in 5-speed + black leather but I'm honestly not sure if I would want a manual in a turbo car that has no anti-lag.

90s was the last decade of true drivers cars

Only 4 BMW, Civic, GTI, Miata, small Acura, sabb. Domestics were junk for drivers car.

R32

Nothing will be like the Integrale, it's one of the best drivers cars ever made. Evo 2s are the most sought after, so an Evo 1 is better value as it's basically the same thing. STI hatch is faster though, and way better than a Golf R. I'd get the STI as it's more usable more of the time. Or something like a Version 3 STI.

the mk4 r32 has to be one of the most underrated hatches ever. the thing is damnright awesome.

didn't know this thread was still up
how about the mk5?