/vn/ - Snake of Mercury Edition

Visual Novel General #1471

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AJVhCJrcf54
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Chocola!

^_^

Only plebs will hate this.

Vanilla!

NEKOPAAAAAAAAAAAAARRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>at work
>still have 3 more hours to get home
>have shit internet
>gonna be at least 8 hours till I get to fap to Nekopara 3

SOMEONE AT LEAST POST THE CGs

Thanks to Yukino and Kyou routes i finally understood the difference between something being sweet and something being cute. Kyou is going to give me diabetus before i finish though.

>tumblr
>western garbage

Can you shill your garbage on /evn/ or /ksg/? That doesn't even look good enough to pirate.

No one cares retard. Fuck off to /moe/

Just report that tranny shill

I WANT DIES IRAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I LIKE LOLIS!

Pls, man.

Damn, I realised I am actually a chuunifag.
Shit.

I need to finally start playing that

could someone please upload the denpasoft verison of nekopara vol3? The steam version is trash.

check last thread

The path of a chuunibro is a lonely one, take care.

i hate nekopara post some VNs i can't read instead

Thanks user. Sent you some bitcoins now.

FUCK OFF YOU FALSEFLAGGER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jesus christ I came so hard on that 1st scene.

Money well spent.

Speaking of, it seems a lot lengthier now.

Damn, felt great hearing Chocola's voice again at the beginning.

^_^

I can't believe I read that. It was alright reading, but looking back on it, it was pretty silly.

go talk about the lame cats somewhere else please

I actually thought I am not one because of DI. That chuuni was the worse. People say that it's a parody of chuuni as it deconstructs itself but I just say it sucks.
Here.

>not playing nekokamige

shes a miracle of the universe

>nekoshit
>>>/moe/

2cute5me

Is there a way to increase text speed in Never7?

>Vanilla doing the peace sign
L-lewd

Best girl.

post neko

I will never understand why she didn't get a route.

Did they get rid of pic related pose for Azuki?

Is she in a submarine?

>great fights
>great art
>great MC and characters
>tight as fuck without unnecessary SoL
>incredible OST

Admittedly "muh revenge" stories are overdone but I still thought it was great, what did you dislike user?

youtube.com/watch?v=AJVhCJrcf54

worst cade

Should i bother with the story on Nekopara?
Or can i just Ctrl all the way to the end for the H-scene?

I mean its cute as fuck. Fapping to scenes of girls you barely know is for plebs.

Good for you for finally joining our legion.

>skipping the cute
You are cutting out over half the experience. If you want to fap go to sadpanda.

>cute
slavery is not cute.

>slavery

Mutual companionship you fuck.

>slavery is not cute.
Douzo, lad.

is one of the Cats a childhood friend? if not i'm not sure i i'll like it

but i love Sumika!

I mean I'm all for epicness, but light just can't do this right imo. So far I felt it only when Kei and Ren simultaneously chanted(and maybe when Shirou appeared to save the day)
And just to clear: I haven't read KKK. it's just a random screenshot.
Demonbane was cool on chuuni, though.

Not really, nekos have less rights than humans and can't walk around without leashes or bells.

MC essentially owns them and is allowed to fuck them in numbers without anyone batting an eye whereas it would be considered cheating if the girls were human.

you are getting ridiculous

Did you do all the routes? If you didn't get hype during Marie's route I'd argue that there's something wrong with you.

Nah, I stalled on the end of Kei's route(just after the castle is dissappearing), unable to bear all the bullshit of "Let's have a beat-Ren-up session untill he somehow finds a way to luckily defeat the enemy." I'm gonna unstall it now though, reading with my /vn/ bros.

>being helpless without master's dick
>literally the definition of cute

I like childhood friends!

Wait so you only read Kasumi and Kei? Because if so then it's understandable. Standoff between Mercurius and Reinhard in Kei's route was the first moment for me when shit went real and it only gets better from that point on.

>moegebros are gone playing nekopara
>thread is dead
To be expected.

You just haven't really got to the good part. Kasumi route is pure garbage and the only cool parts of the Kei route are Mercurius breaking swastika and that scene from which this pic was made.
Well, either that or Masada's style doesn't work for you, but I still would recommend to at least try Marie route and may be Senshinkan. KKK is kind of... another case, the overall structure and the presentation are not like dies at all despite it being kind of a direct sequel.

Year 2025. Following the Great Animal Rebellion (動物虐待大暴動), animals took power by arms. After years of battle, General Vanilla proclaimed victory. Humanity was reduced to slavery.

I want to make a cute girl cry

I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. the sister-robots making out while the last fight happened was stupid, and I didn't like how they put the MC's memories (?) in with the sister. He should have died and been done with it, and the post-battle scene should have been how the sister's life ended up.

Could be a bit fuzzy with the details because it's been a quick minute since I've read it.

I haven't even touched Kasumi route because people told me it's nothing important and I didn't really like her.
I like chuuni, but this shit so far was unbearable at times. It's like reading about kids having fantasy battles. "I have time stopping powers." "Jokes on you, I'm still able to move because of my superpower." or "I want to become a vampire or flame itself and I can do it lol"
What the fuck? Is there more shit like this later?
When will it get interesting? Because reading about MC getting beaten every time and then Deus Ex machina he wins is not.

Yeah that part was... kind of silly, feels like they were trying too hard to push the narrative of the sister being a slut at that point.

The ending to it all was kind of mediocre, but the story was over at that point so it didn't really bother me that much, also considering how climatic the final fight was.

I would betray humanity for Vanilla

So next volume we get all of them right?

Honestly it looks like you're getting too caught up in the literal interpretation of the fights instead of understanding it on a deeper level, as an interaction between two characters. I hate to say it but dies irae may be too deep for you.

Fuck. What do I do now?

how does the younger one have a bigger head? perspective?

I want to rape Kokoro-chan!

Honestly I would just say, if you're being serious, recognize it's not actually about the fights, it's about the characters beliefs, ideals, desires, etc. When two characters face off, what's cool isn't how one of them is going to beat the other, what's cool is what they say to each other and how their ideals take solid form, that kind of thing.

Like it's not cool that Kei becomes flame itself because flame is badass and can win fights, it's cool because it reflects how burning her passion is, that kind of thing.

Start by learning German so you can read Hegel and Nietzsche their original manuscript. It's probably too late for you

This is actually pathetic lmao. Go read a book.

why is it too late? are all the copies of dies irae going to self-delete after a certain date?

>humanity
>nekogirls display far more human traits than cat traits
>they only fuck humans, yet can't get pregnant
>they're just pretending to be cats to make up for being sterile sluts
sorry, but this isn't bestiality, not even close

DiesIraefags think it's akin to a book though.

>lmao

Only if you go back to /v/

Getting into that route is pretty hard tbqh. I could only get a blowjob scene and then it was a bad ending.

Actually it is pretty hard to get any good endings except Setsuna's, choices are random as fuck. I completed 45% of the game and couldn't make makoto acquainted with any of the milfs.

Not like books are always deep anyway. At least say literature.

All VNs are "akin to a book".

Alright, I'll actually finish Dies Irae and you won't stop me.

Well that is only the beginning. You will want to get into Camus and Sartre, so you will need to learn French. Then you will have to learn Greek so you can read the Plato and the rest of their works. The Greek will help with the Bible but you will also have to learn some Aramaic. Finally you will need to learn japanese and read them all over again in Japanese so you can get a better understanding of the author's point of view. By the time youre ready to read so you can understand it on anything more than a surface level it you will probably be on your death bed.

Kys asap

Not an argument.

>ideals take solid form
Such as becoming the bone of your sword?

So it's just a knockoff of Fate?

more like naruto

>this is your average diesiraefag

>actual discussion

seems like a good bunch, would take them over waifufags flinging shit at each other any day

I watched a twitch streamer playing Dies Irae in a sort of Japanese class for English viewers.
The guy was literally stuck on the same fight scene for more than 5 hours.

Irru/Trip is there any way to change the font in Tsujidou? I really dislike the default one.

Has Light or the translation team confirmed both parts of Dies Irae will be available on the 31st? As I know they have said they'll be splitting the title in halves by routes to make it look cheaper on Steam.

Alright, what the fuck is Shreiber's creation?
I am faster than anyone, even with stopped time?

They're two sides of the same coin. The waifuposting is annoying but chuunitards pretending "brooo it's about the ideals!" is a worthwhile post is just as bad

Not really sure if this works but there's a dropdown box in the original settings.exe in the main game directory that lets you switch between MS Gothic and MS Mincho

Post nekos