/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Warriors of Literally Who Edition

>Stormblood Theme song
youtu.be/UmQm76wFfKk

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Patch 3.57 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7ee22ba181fbc53f3579bb5d97e21a459f2ab5b3

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/tsZvxk6e

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/8843
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Xth for stay PURE.

>Bahamut boss fight is quite sick imo.
I knew you would bring him up. Yes, Coil of Bahamut is pretty damn awesome but not indicative of the overall content design.
>Also almost every other boss has some aces up his sleeve so you won't beat it simply mashing the buttons with your face
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!
That does not explain the shitters at lv60, who were likely carried by silent, more competent players or simply made it by the skin of their teeth.
>How's the main story?
It's way better in Heavensward, pretty garbage in A Realm Reborn. Most of the side stories are pretty nice, though.

Pure cats don't exist.

first lizardpost

so whos switching mains come SB
SAMshits need not apply
RDMfags need not apply as well

Main will still be DPS, healer will still be AST unless they change something crazy about SCH last minute. Its DPS that is hardest to choose from.

they do they don't shitpost on here though heres a full proof way to tell if a cat is pure
>do they post here
they aren't pure simple as that

Veeky Forumsmuscledhottiesg/ - S T A C K E D General

henlo

im pure

me most likely, i have mained scholar since like 2.3 but it's getting pretty boring and it's not looking like it will be more fun to play in stormblood. will probably end up playing NIN but i have no clue actually, not going to decide until we get all the tooltips for all classes

rdm looks really fun too

Post highlanders

no

>whos switching mains come SB
>P.S. u cant switch to one of the new things
????????????????????

you just embraced a pure cat

still black mage
red mage secondary

Changed my mind about how dark that came out.
Sorta.

ugly

You cant realistically claim you are sure to switch to a job you know nothing about how it plays.

you don't know how any of the jobs will play though

Sure.

Apparently not according to That's muh EB

>you don't know how any of the jobs will play though
Excellent point! Rebuttal?

Hi want to be my NIN wife?

Catboi hour?

knight of ishgard seeking female voidsent to sit patiently in the living room while i shout obscenities at my unseen mother in the other room

You'll see how bad they fucked up NIN and you'll join the superior SAM master race just like all the others.

Am I the only one who really hates the cross role skills instead of cross class skills?

The whole system seems turbo shitty. I'm going to miss having Protect and Stoneskin on Paladin, with the option of taking Raise for doing dumb stuff out in the world. I'm going to miss being able to take Internal Release and Second Wind on Warrior. I'm going to miss being able to take Aero, Blizzard II, Protect, and Stoneskin on SCH and AST. Not only is stuff like this not possible anymore, but they're gutting some classes' abilities to put as cross role skills, some of them not even belonging within the same role as they used to. They should have just improved the cross class system. The cross role system is shitty, stupid, and it goes against the way the classic FF games handled the job system, which was essentially cross job abilities and sub jobs.

The jobs already in game are gonna play 90% the same as before with just some slightly new things thrown in that we already have mathed out where to go in the rotations.

>tfw

Aaahh!
I want a cute elezen to drive me into the bed with her fat elf dick!
I want to feel her pouring buckets of thick elezen cream into me as she jerks me off!
I want a futazen to tell me I'm her toy!

I don't miss useless skills like Prot and Stoneskin

>suncat being pure
lol

>protect and stoneskin
>useless
>protect and stoneskin
>not spells paladin had in the classic games
They actually somehow managed to make Paladin even less like a FF Paladin.

your stockholm syndrome is showing, user

There was nothing interesting about cross class skills.
You had a couple that you always picked, and that was the end of it. It was basically just a gate on your skills that could only be opened by playing another class.

no...

I don't give a fuck what FF paladin is like. FF14 paladin is FF14 paladin.

Great game discussion lads

No, Stockholm Syndrome would be just blindly agreeing with what the devs want to do. What they should have done was expand upon and fix the cross class skills. Cross role only homogenizes things even more than before.

Can you not read at all? I said they should improve it. FFXI sub job system was cool and allowed you to do some pretty interesting things that changed the play style of some jobs significantly.

Y-you too...
Sorry. What are you looking forward to most in the expac, user?

Protect and Stoneskin were pretty much useless, user.
There was no point where they were necessary for a PLD to have.

Take your creepki and eppershit back, we don't want them in /v/.

You're just as guilty as them.
Participate in the game discussion that's actually happening at this very moment, you fucking sperg.

>crossclass system as BLM
>take raging strikes, quelling strikes, virus and eye for an eye
>don't even use all 5 slots
>literally never change these

>crossrole system as BLM
>all abilities look useful and valid
>will have to pick different ones like erase depending on the encounter

FFXIV Paladin is fucking dumb though. It's not even a FF Paladin. Same with FFXIV Dark Knight.

They were great for soloing and Stoneskin did have some applications in group content.

But why remove the option to have them in rare circumstances?

>FFXI sub job system was cool and allowed you to do some pretty interesting things that changed the play style of some jobs significantly.
Which is exactly what this cross role system is trying to do.
Do not apply FFXI to a WoWlike like FFXIV.

hey switching to SAMkewl, not SAMshit

sup

Why does it HAVE to be FF Paladin? Can a game in this series just not live without nods and references to its previous iterations?

Highlanders?

Are you guys dumb or just intentionally ignoring the part where I said they should have improved it?

Cross role system is awful and one step closer to homogenization. None of the abilities sound fun and some of them are just straight up abilities that other jobs had beforehand that were taken away and made worse.

not all suncats are degenerates user...

i like the new changes but i also agree it doesnt feel very FF like, but it's not the end of the world. i was hoping for some proper subclass system, but this will do. having to level classes to get a skill/spell on another class is really tedious, especially if you are new to the game

not a fan of how they put some spells like esuna as role skills though, would have rather have a bunch of not very good role skills with an interesting purpose than "auto include" actions, oh well

why does paks still post here?

This is the purest of cats.

Every ranged/caster having Raging Strikes and Quelling Strikes isn't homogenization? Every melee DPS having Blood For Blood and Internal Release isn't homogenization? Every caster and healer having Swiftcast isn't homogenization?

>Does exactly what I did to someone who wants the general to be cleaned up instead of four faggots spamming shit
>Actually did it without a hint of irony
W E W

Finding out more about Omega will be pretty cool.

>ywn fuck and suck all three of this Oreo trio

there's not exactly a standard of quality here

yes

cute meower

dervy... god fucking cocks man

Because this is fucking Final Fantasy.

They did all take from the same two classes. There was some overlap but some jobs drew from a different pairing than others, and if they expanded upon what was available it could have been great. Typically most of the jobs drew from classes that would thematically connected in a way.

Yeah because they didn't have them before?

>Does exactly what I did
Where's your post discussing the topic?

Search your true feelings. You know it's true. Join the superior weebs.

I mean they didn't all take from the same classes.

This is Final Fantasy X|V, faggot. It CAN do its own thing and it should. If I wanted a more "pure" paladin or whatever bullshit I can play a game in the series with that exact implementation.

They dont in SB. Its a good thing that they dont all have the same buffs and now have their own buffs. However, they did implement swiftcast poorly.

What are you doing here in the erp general and also how you feel about DRG looks boring in 4.0

>Typically most of the jobs drew from classes that would thematically connected in a way.
Wow, exactly like the cross role system! Holy shit!

just think, instead of a nyanja, you can be a sameowrai

hi cute lala

Because they can add real choices instead.

>homogenization
Oh. You're one of these retard.
How long have you been playing this game? You know where the game was actually homogenized? Heavensward.
When they made every class have a version of Greased Lightning.
When they made DRK and AST have copy and paste skills from PLD and WHM.
When every mDPS had practically the same rotation.

Stormblood is actually removing the homogeneous elements implemented by HW by taking every essiental role skill and making it a single skill shared across a role.
This means that classes no longer have copy and paste skills like Shadowskin/Rampart and Shroud of Saints/LA.
It also opens up the room for unique elements to be implemented to each class because they no longer have to fit in essential skills to their skill list.

What are we seeing now? Each class is getting a unique resource, for the most part, and are utilizing that resource in a unique way. Each class will play differently now. They're not homogeneous just because multiple classes can use Goad.

dervy fuck you in the ass man

At least have the decency to drop your trip when you make the thread you mutant.

Have you ERPed with Aranea?

Listen. I'll give you an out. If you stop replying we'll both pretend you were only joking and you're not actually retarded, deal?

The fact that you're replying to a post where I DID contribute to discussion is one thing, but your initial response had the exact same amount of relevant discussion as mine, none. My point is that you can't actually reply to a post complaining that 'You're off-topic too!' with one that's off-topic. I can only assume that you're one of the four people I quoted originally which would explain why you're so fucking dense.

>real choices
>"take away my ability bloat and give me REAL ability bloat"

Your main is a sinking ship, better jump while you still can.

ya same

Nah

nice photos odincats

Are you seriously this retarded?

>Because they can add real choices instead.

And yet they didnt. For tank and healer every single cross role choice is a mandatory pick. Things that no reasonable person wouldn't choose, and often skilled plucked from jobs that were straight up required for content.

why the fuck are you in this shithole and why the fucking fuck are you fucking avatarfagging

streamable.com/8843

why not a female elezen?

No, now they all get the exact same shit.

Some are mandatory choices. Other are not.

You can read the rest of my post to find out why.

>jump from a sinking ship into a shipwrecked dinghy from the Marianas Trench

>protect
>5% raging strike
>mandatory
lol

could you elaborate your theorycrafting about placing your orb next to a puddle in a11s?

its too early to tell...

>real choices
lol you're going to be really disappointed

>How long have you been playing this game?
Since 2010.

>Each class will play differently now.
I seriously hope you don't actually believe this.

Yeah. It would be so much better for each tank to get their own unique Provoke.