/bfg/ - BATTLEFIELD GENERAL: CAN'T WAKE UP EDITION

Previous thread

>>>NEWS

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6d87b0/ping_threshold_200ms_for_elsewhere_please_do_a/
youtube.com/watch?v=Lka5QLTvraQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5LW8bqL2HKA&feature=youtu.be&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw remembering that if you make the OP you can't make the thread
>tfw had to bump the thread a dozen times within the past 2 days
>tfw thread is guaranteed to die

Is it hopeless?

>can't bump the thread*

These threads need a dedicated suk doctor to stay alive

this is what i used to do a month ago, i kept bumping the thread so it wont die, but i got tired of doing that.
having newfags is the only way
bf1 has strong communities on consoles but most bfg are pc players

tfw i play on ps4

please don't die bfg

Same here, I'm going to have to join the platoon so I can stay in touch with you jokers if the threads won't stay up.

dead thread dead game,

WHERE THE OLD EMBLEM PEABS

I miss battlefield 4

>DICE: no female characters :)
>players: oh ok that's good

>halfway through season pass
>DICE: SIKE, bait-and-switch
>players: what the fuck man
>reddit: sweden yes

DICE, I know you shits lurk in here. I hope you know this is how your derailment of a game will be remembered.

Did they really say there wouldn't be women anywhere at some point? I find that very hard to believe. The reveal of female combatants for the next DLC didn't surprise me at all with how much shitty (((diversity))) has already been shoved into BF1.

They said right before release that they discussed the idea internally, and that it was rejected, but they were lying.

Well that's interesting, weird that they would even mention that publicly when they clearly couldn't resist going through with the idea.

Why do you care so much

>tripwire bombs have a dog tag reward for service star but limpet charges don't

Why does DICE want me to suffer? It's impossible to get kills with these bullshit things.

>finally remember to put down my tripwire bomb in a chokepoint on Argonne
>an enemy shoots it and roasts three of my teammates alive

>another incendiary in the chokepoint
>guys actually trigger
>enemy hit 137
>zero kills

Someone convince me these things aren't completely worthless except as an alarm device if you're hillnigging in a building.

>anywhere that's narrow enough to trap people in the flames will also attract grenade spam and and set the trap off early.

at this moment in time there are 11.000 people playing BF1 while there are 7.500 people playing BF4 on PC. BF4 players have been very steady over the last few months while the BF1 player base has plummeted, and I bet that soon BF4 will have more players than BF1.

there is literally no reason to not simply going back to playing the superior game.

For the love of god, Move up!!!!!!!! Fucking teammates are so fucking retarded

>tfw dead game before half the DLC has been released
has any BF game reached this state of ded this quickly besides maybe play4free?

I honestly bet this general would be more alive if BF1 had never been released and we'd all be still playing BF4

BF1 was a mistake ;_;

Wasn't bf4 dead for awhile because it was a broken piece of crap

Yes, the bad launch of the game significantly harmed the first 6 months of its existence. It was only thanks to the efforts of DICE LA in the long run that the game was left in the fairly decent state.

>go to work for 5 hours
>old thread gets 2 posts and dies while I'm gone
welp

is there that same hope for bf1

Maybe, but it definitely won't play out the same. DICE is having some issue with post-launch development of BF1 for some reason and peoples issues with the game aren't quite identical to the issues BF4 has/had.

Ideally they wouldn't make the same mistakes over and over again, but apparently that's the norm for these games.

>tfw can't bump.

RIP I guess

Who else wants tanker/pilot carbines and their other neato weapons to be available for all classes?

I just wanna use the P08 Artillery and Pieper for everything..

Are there map guides for tanks spawn? I want to leave mines for armor cucks.

im on ps4 and ive only seen like 1 other person in the platoon playing when i actually bothered to check

I'm on PS4 too I gotta start joining platoon games more often. I'm just very shy!!!!

Any /bfg/ platoons for BF4 still?

I miss /v/ BC2 era /bfg/
Launching tanks with landmines into the enemy spawn was always great

should i pick up bf4 for pc when i got the money or is it too old and dead to bother with

It's barely behind BF1 on PC in terms of player counts. But it feels dead in different ways with the community avoiding ever playing at least half the maps and gamemodes it has.

Brazilian, Mexican, Chinese and Japanese players are also a constant plague.

Brazil surprised me for some reason

It would help codex unlocks

Right now I die with the tank so there's no reason for me to bail out

pls dont die

*dies*

I would go back to BF1942 I'd it wasn't for the mouse sensitivity problems. All I want for the next BF game is for it to be a 1:1 BF1942 remaster with some QoL improvements. And I know it's not going to happen.

>Next BF is Battlefield 2
>WW2 but reskin of BF 1
>Operation Normandy

When the fuck did bf4 get an in-game browser?
Reinstalled yesterday after a year or so off.

What scope should I run as sniper, 4x acog, red dot or iron sight?

And stop taking the goddamn transport heli just to jump out on a rooftop and letting it crash.

>Launching tanks with landmines into the enemy spawn was always great

you can't even launch stuff in bf1

no fun allowed

>PC playerbase is losing 1000 players everyday during its peak hours
>PS4 playerbase randomly lost 4000 players during its peak hours
>youtubers are much more interested in playing Battlegrounds and Siege
>/bfg/ is in a constant state of dying
Can we officially declare BF1 dead yet?

Calm yo nipples my dude.
But yeah, weird how battlegrounds got so popular, the game mode is boring as fuck.

reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6d87b0/ping_threshold_200ms_for_elsewhere_please_do_a/

>tfw I love WWI so much I made a customer PC and paid like close to 2 grand for all the top level stuff

Now this is what I get.

I hate this.

>building a PC for Bf1

top kek

I don't understand how anyone can stand playing FPS on console.

I dont understand why PC people are such whinny ass retards constantly bitching about "muh graphics"

Sneak peak for next DLC
youtube.com/watch?v=Lka5QLTvraQ

Only casuals care about grafics. Good players put everything on the lowest settings possible so there's no foliage for enemies to hide in.
I'm talking about the lack of precision control which makes extremely common actions like aiming frustrating.

to be fair you have probably been on PC for years so you probably find controller aiming to be shit where as I find it way better then Keyboard and mouse, plus on controller it is easier to move more slowly then on a keyboard

>Good players put everything on the lowest settings possible so there's no foliage for enemies to hide in.

I'm glad I play on console where everyone's on the same playing field. That shit is basically cheating.

It wasn't just for BF1, but it was certainly one of the top 5 or so games I was looking forward to playing on Ultra.

Is there any fucking decent FPS with good graphics I can throw this computer at?

a mouse is objectively better for aiming with than a controller. If you switch from a controller to a mouse, then it may seem intimidating at first because you're not used to it, but going back to a controller will eventually become impossible because you're too accustomed to the higher degree of control.

I still enjoy console games and I use a gamepad to fly in BF1, but sticks are atrocious for fine aim

>dice taking so long with DLCs that the game will probably die shortly after tsar when people realize it's another 5 months before new content

Also if any PS4 guys are on later I'll try to get everyone into a party so we can pubstomp or something

>It wasn't just for BF1, but it was certainly one of the top 5 or so games I was looking forward to playing on Ultra.

I'm sorry to hear that desu because Bf1 is definitely disappointing. You could still try Bf4, Crysis 3 and maybe the new Doom. There aren't a lot of games that don't run on toasters as well.

what's your thoughts on the XIM4 and this official Sony mouse+keyboard then?

I guess in principle I disapprove, but I don't know how many nerds actually use that shit, definitely less than turn down their graphics on PC I would guess.

Not to mention you can use a controller for the PC version if you want.

gg user

BF 1 uniforms are like the tacticool equivalent of WW1 uniforms

Look who's damage controlling on the forums

>criticize our game and we will remove you

How very Liberal...

do marginally well and learn to aim with a gun and it instantly turns into
>BFG is aimbotting
>HAX
>i look at him and instantly die wtf
>how much did you pay for that hack?
>thats bullshit knives can't kill you from that far away

>shoot at female black autistic russian scout
>squadmate gets the kill
>squad oppression bonus +25
>banned from server
>reason: my soggy racial knees

user, it's not about the graphics -- it's about the controls. Sticks is tank controls, mouse is point and click.

As an added point, any weapon that requires precision is mega fucking cancer to use on a console. The slugs sniper stuff you could pull off in BC2 would not even remotely be possible on a console. I don't know how the fuck anyone could even remotely want to play a hillnigger in BF1 on a console, it just doesn't seem like it is either useful or effective, especially due to the tank controls.

It's all a matter of practice. I've seen Scouts pull off ridiculous shots on console.

Another thing I'm grateful for as a console player is the absence of chat. On one hand you lose a bit of communication, on the other hand you don't have to see little shits whining all day long.

I mean, a paralympic can practice all he wants, but he ain't winning shit in an actual olympic competition. It just sounds like cancer, not even worth the time to get good at something that is awful. I've been there, I know that avenue, it's not worth it.

it's a bit late for that dice don't ya think

also inb4 it's sideways. i know. i've tried fixing it
maybe this is my punishment for phoneposting

But console players play against other console players, not PC players, so it doesn't matter. If you've played on consoles your whole life and have no interest in "moving up" to playing on a computer you're really not losing anything.

HMMMM

more butthurt for your viewing pleasure

>no you may not have an opinion on this matter
>no I will not provide a source for my outlandish claims
>*smugly locks thread*
>Oh, and if you don't like being bait and switched with shitty, then don't play the game that you've already bought and can't refund

the reason I would never be able to go back to consoles is probably not being able to shitpost in all-chat desu

kek what a faggot

Well he's technically not wrong but the women in the Russian army was after the Tsar. The German army had like 3 black guys in the western front one of them being in the Calvary band. But this guy is a dumbass. It's like he cherry picked some of these things to sound smart

these people's heads are so far up their asses they're eating their own shit

Is he a swede

DICE is swedish you mong

that drawfag has some amazing talent. his style looks like it's been ripped out of the mid-20th century. hope he gets a job where he can put those skills to work

>forum posts from dice are starting to look like twitter rants from transsexual indie devs
are they under stress because they know their game is dying?

seeing as they're backpedaling on earlier promises, they're no doubt concerned about their vanishing playerbase

I bet they're praying the new COD will be a flop

>log in to get muh 50 free scraps
>decide to play one game for 50 more
>hacker on our team, goes ~127-8
>me in second place actually getting on points, taking squad leader, healing and reviving
>we win obviously
>get 100 scraps for highlight/first win/first game
>don't have to play any more today

>random kill with flare
wow let's put him on stream

They desperately need to put in more stuff to do with scraps. I have most of the gun reskins I want and the legendary melee weapons are all inferior to the hatchet anyways.

It really stands out from most stuff I see these days.
I wish there was more.

Silencers when

youtube.com/watch?v=5LW8bqL2HKA&feature=youtu.be&t=1s

Wow, I love this style. I wish I knew how to draw like this.

>silencers

For what purpose?

Seems silly. Made more sense in BF3 or 4 with some of the CQC but BF1 is always a clusterfuck in close quarters so why have a silencer?

I don't really know honestly. There's no hit direction indicator when you get shot right?

that autist on the right

Where is the one of the Russains?
He predicted the bald women in a trenchcoat.

Why is everything blurred out?

Who are these guys?