Daily reminder that if you don't redline your car at least once a day you rightfully have no right to post in this car...

Daily reminder that if you don't redline your car at least once a day you rightfully have no right to post in this car forum.

I don't think I ever have, just no point in a diesel, torque disappears two thirds into the rev range.

Well does the horsepower fall as well? You realise that function torque has in an engine right? It's making horsepower. Lack in torque or a fall in it doesn't matter in performance if it comes with an increase in RPM that keeps the HP the same or increasing it.

>going over 2500 ever

woha, calm down hotshot

>Once a day.
>Once every gear change nigga.
I fuckin' love my engine.

And hate fuel economy?

I have another car to save fuel with.

>once every gear change
>not driving in the lowest gear possible at the edge of the redline to hear that magnificent fart sound engines make at high RPM
>not overheating your engine at least three times per day
>not changing your tires every week by making donuts every time before parking
>not fucking up your transmission and clutch monthly by launching your car at every red light
>not blowing up your engine once per year thanks to those stupid driving habits
It's like you hate driving or something.

It's all I've ever done.
Passed driving test, had driving job same night, no physical licence, no insurance.
Never had a crash or ding or dent in any door.
Now have a class 1 licence 17 years on.
Never broken down apart from a pulley broken and belt came off. Garage admitted liability.

If it's worth doing do it properly.
If it's worth building, build it properly.
It's very happy bouncing around at 8,000.

>live in Dutch Caliphate
>people taking driving lessons are only taught the "new way to drive"
>Upshift at 2k rpm, 2.5k TOPS and only if just overtaking or something
>People taught to bury the throttle instead of downshifting for overtaking

Meanwhile
>People who just have their license REK their car in french mountains
>"b-b-but I didn't know I had to stay a gear lower"
>"why is the person behind me honking when I overtake? My car just doesn't overtake as fast"
>"What do you mean user, how is downshifting supposed to make overtaking and accelerating easier

I get told to calm down if I upshift a gear or two in my scirocco in order to overtake. The scirocco is also considered """fast""". It is fast, compared to the 60hp A segment tin cans lol. There are still some good driving teachers around but the shitty ones never bother to make the person taking lessons actually understand why/how gears work

I also like to rev out my bike. Aprilia knows how to make godly sounding V twins.

Headgasket is too wheak

I don't have to redline because I drive a real sports car.

>real sports car
>Audi

you mean a VW.

>T. Jealous poorfag

>NL plate
>R8 e-tron

Nice try cucked nigger

>And hate fuel economy?
I redline my engine at least once a day as well and still got 3,77L/100km on my last tank.
The trick is not to use the brakes over 30 km/h and drive the car at maximum vacuum most of the time.

>People taught to bury the throttle instead of downshifting for overtaking
That kills your fuel efficiency since your engine gets verry inefficient at WOT and that low rpm.
The best way to overtake is like 70 kPa and rmp around max torque since that is where your engine is most efficient. (pic related)
If you need more power, rev it.

It's fun to roleplay

That car has all of its power over 6.5k rpm

One of my shit boxes will drop into second on the freeway and go straight to Rev limiter if it's going fast enough.
Even in cruise control, you have about a half a fucking second to turn it off if it down shifts to third before it's in second

redline starts at 8.9k

>tfw redlining her once a day is part of keeping her healthy

She really is the best.

Renesis a shit

This kind of stuff confuses me. I'm not a slow driver by any means, but I just bury the throttle to overtake in my 2006 jetta tdi. I feel like when I downshift to overtake I over rev the engine? Is this normal?

Look up your shitbox and figure out which gear is your 1:1.
Now if you have a tacho and it has a marked Rev limit, get out onto a freeway, and leave it in the 1:1 gear as you merge on, and just keep your foot down until you reach the redline or a bit before it.
Congrats, you have now found your top speed for that gear.
Do the same for the other gears if you want, but basically, if you are say, 20mph under the top speed for the next gear down, you will be safe to drop it down when you need more power.

Thx senpai. Gonna try this in a few hours

Autotragic?

I redline it first thing in the morning the way i see people on tv doing it.

This.
Ah shit, I drive that one fast af too

Yee.

>what is turbo
>what is peak power

You're assuming a petrol engine. Guy's from Denmark so he probably has a diesel engine like the majority of people in Europe.

Diesels don't have throttles everything is controlled electronically, so you can stamp as much as you want but at the end is the ECU who determines who much fuel to inject.

I sometime stomp my engine at very low RPM and due to diesel's very lean combustion and great torque at low engine RPM they can catch up speed very fast.

Unless you've a granny doing 40 kph overtaking shouldn't be an option if you're going for economy.
My rule of thumb is if I'm going less than 60 I'll overtake because my car has the optimum range between 70 ~ 90 kph

But what if I don't drive it every day?

Walk to work every day now that I've moved closer to work... Means I can work on it but I don't get to drive it often ;_;

That's why having a miata is so great. I redline constantly and get the rush every time while still, generally, being under the speed limit

Op is fagget kid with no life experience.
Kys, thx

>Guy's from Denmark so he probably has a diesel engine like the majority of people in Europe
>majority
Nigga do you even taxes?

>stock cam runs out of juice at 3500rpm
>2.73 gears
>goes 65 in 1st at no less than 7000rpms