Thoughts on the McLaudi?

thoughts on the McLaudi?

begone thot

begone thot

>P R O D U C T O F A C U R A U S A

So in the rest of the world this thing is just badged as a Honda, right?

Yes.

Not in Canada, China, or the Middle East.

Fat, electric, and ugly. It's technically faster than the original but it completely missed the point of the original which was to be a honda accord on the inside, an exotic on the outside to shame Italians, and a V6 VTEC that reved to 8k for pure joy. All in a package that was a couple hundred pounds heavier than a civic.

Oh and Mexico and Russia.

I'm wondering who this car is supposed to be marketed to, because there are far superior alternatives for the price point.

Me if I had money.

>It's technically faster than the original
More fuel efficient too.
>it completely missed the point of the original

>which was to be a honda accord on the inside
Check.
>an exotic on the outside to shame Italians
Check.
>and a V6 VTEC that reved to 8k for pure joy
New one revs to 8+k so Check.
>All in a package that was a couple hundred pounds heavier than a civic.
Did you know that despite the weight the new NSX has the lowest center of gravity in its class? lower center of gravity than the R8, 911 Turbo, GTR, Corvette Z06, Huracan, McLarens.
This, there's like a waiting list in some areas.

You can like the new nsx while also agreeing that it's not in the same vein as the old one you know. The old nsx was lightweight and tossable, the new one isn't. This is not a matter of opinion, the numbers don't lie.

Taste is subjective but they aren't shaming any Italians with that fuck ugly and uninspired exterior.

Also another pretty major point they missed this time around was costing less than six figures. $200,000 is more than a little pricey for a Honda and I'm a fan of them.

THe new one is still easily "tossable". weighing less byitself is just a meme when the car can be thrown around just as effortlessly as lighter cars in its class. that extremely low center of gravity helps.
>the numbers don't lie.
What numbers???
MSRP is $150,000 and the reason price has jumped is because of demand and they just can't produce a lot of them in a short span of time. its going to take a year or two before prices level out otherwise dealerships can get away with markups.

MSRP is pretty irrelevant to literally everyone who wants to purchase one today, or six months from now, or a year from now.

If they sell for $200,000 it's a $200,000 car.

And $150,000 is still pretty fucking dumb when you could buy two of the original and still have 50k left over to maintain and work on them and pay for track days.

>MSRP is pretty irrelevant to literally everyone who wants to purchase one today
You're right, that's why there's a waiting list so i guess the price doesn't even matter to those who actually have money.
>And $150,000 is still pretty fucking dumb when you could buy two of the original and still have 50k left over
No one buying new cars gives a shit about the original and no one is ever going to cross-shop them with new anything because its dated as fuck now. that's just like saying no one is going to buy a C7 Z06 at 100k when they could get a C6 Z06 for 30k or a C5 Z06 for 20k.

dat ass tho

>me on the left

I wish the nsx had enough room for us to fuck inside of it

I kinda want one, but only if I can get it badged as a Honda.
Do you think the factory would do that for me if I called and asked nicely?

Doesn't hurt to try as they are having trouble selling them.

I hope they do an RSX version of this so its more affordable and rival the Toyota Supra. It's bullshit that Acura doesn't have anything in between the NSX and TLX as far as a sporty car is concerned.

"The new NSX is fanboy garbage."
Said everyone who wasn't paid to endorse it...

RSX was literally just a civic Si coupe with a worse interior during the years you could only get the civic Si as a hatch though. They have clearly focused on just making the civic their flagship entry level sporty car again in recent times. It catered to a completely different market than the Supra or NSX did.

Would absolutely tongue-punch her fartbox.

>Literally watching two of these overpriced insights collect dust in my dealership
>We sold two a year ago, both were traded in for a 570s and a Huracan
>And you think people actually want this heap of shit

I unironically think it looks good. maybe not as an NSX, but in general

What's the lowest you think these will move for, just to get them out the door?

I'm gonna buy one in a few years then trigger autists on Veeky Forums with it

The number is weight and a 3800 pound car is not tossable. Weight is not a meme and an 1100 pound increase in weight makes it a hell of a lot less tossable. Please try again, or don't.

>a 3800 pound car is not tossable
This is not "a 3800 lb car" this is the NSX and its definitely tossable. weight by itself is a meme. the new NSX making 570HP will be a hell of a lot more stable than the old one making 570 HP. the only reason the old one might feel more "tossable" is the fact that its gutless. even C4 Corvettes can be as "tossable" as an old NSX despite weighing more its why their used in autocross.

Nah, 3800lbs is 3,800lbs.
Do you honestly think a Hotwheels, a Car, and a 747 are equally as tossable?

They're not
Size matters
Weight matters
You can't just scale things and expect them to physically react linearly identically.

>Do you honestly think a Hotwheels, a Car, and a 747 are equally as tossable?
>They're not
because they aren't even the same thing? what the hell kind of analogy is that?
>Size matters
>Weight matters
It does but by itself it doesn't mean shit. a Mclaren P1 weighs less than a 918.
Guess which one is easier to throw around corners and who often finishes first.

Because you'd know right?

I have two 'sports' cars,

One that's 2800lbs, one that's 3300lbs.
The 3300lb car is slower to 60 than the 2800lb car.
The 3300lb car is 17 years older than the 2800lb car.
The 3300lb car makes 30 more horsepower than the 2800lb car.
The 3300lb car has vastly superior suspension and will beat the 2800lb car on most tracks.
But guess what? the 2800lb car is more tossable.
I feel like there is just a semantic misunderstanding going on.
Tossable isn't about ability to corner. It's about how tossable into a corner the car is, which is completely linked directly with weight.

100 grand probably, but even then there's still other cars that will be way more valuable than this Honda.

So then why exactly would Honda want to make their car worse in pursuit of making it more "Tossable"? just buy an Alfa 4C and put a Honda badge and engine on/in that. they've done nothing but improve upon it.

4C's are automatic which is gay.

VTAC swapped Caymen.

i wish the new one didnt make me look like some nerdy fuck who picked the honda because its a honda. the old one looked fucking lile something a rich cocaine sniffing pussy grabbing kind of sleeze ball would drive because more money for cocaine instead of trips to the lambo dealer the world became so shit when everything was designed not to be trigger to some ritalin eating kid that only gets offended in the imagination of some helicopter cunt of a mother