How did he afford a new set of tires every week?

How did he afford a new set of tires every week?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-mazda-miata-na8c-black/6266701601.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lv4GPg2tmJs
initiald.wikia.com/wiki/Takumi_Fujiwara
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

His dad took care of the car, he just paid for gas (most of the time).

Delivering tofu, jesus man do you even initial d?

You could maintain a drift habit with a part-time delivery job in the 90s?

Yes but if you remember bunta mentions to takumi that he never did get "paid" for his deliveries. However bunta put away X amount of money for his son everytime he helped him by doing the deliveries. He only however revealed this to takumi when the 86 had its engine blow up. So most if not all the funds went to the new engine most likely.
If I were to take a wild guess knowing how much of an ass bunta is he probably just bought new tires with the money he put away for takumi without his knowledge.

80s and 90s Japan was the absolute peak of their economy. It was completely realistic to buy and maintain cool cars with summer jobs and part time work during school.

>how much of an ass bunta is
He was like the coolest dad ever.

who did his fucking brakes and rotors every event

>dad gives you a car
>dad pays for fuel
>dad pays for tyres
>dad lets you wreck said car
>somehow this makes him an ass dad

lol???

Its a fucking cartoon fuck off

LOSTDECADE
1 9 9 0 - 2000

no

Yes but that's the only thing he did for him and it wasn't exactly free or his at the beginning of the show
To begin with it was buntas work vehicle that his son had the privilege to drive for deliveries
He also made him wake up at 4:30 in the morning every morning rain or shine to deliver tofu knowing full well he had school/work in the morning as well
Also while he was getting into streetracing all bunta would do would give vague and useless-until-the-last-second advice and maybe tune the suspension differently
Despite giving his son a capable drift car in parenting terms he's a shit dad

You bet your ass I would wake up at 4:30 to drift a fucking ae86 for my delivery job and have all the maintenance done for me

Oh no, poor Takumi had to help his dad with the family business to keep a roof over their heads

boo hoo bunta doen't spoonfeed dagumi

please never have children, they will be incapable of taking care of themselves if you even do the thinking for them

Dude I'm sorry you never had a dad

It's still possible you fucking lazy millenial.

Show me a nice ae86 that I can afford making $7.50 an hour while also going to school full time?

Do you even fucking listen? It was possible in the 90s, not now.

>It was possible in the 90s, not now
>It's still possible you fucking lazy millenial

You wouldn't need new rotors every event. Considering a touge run only lasts probably 10 minutes maximum you wouldn't really wear the brakes that much.

Once he got to the point he was doing a lot of runs Project D had literal mechanics and racing parts available.

second this like hell

You said it was still possible asshole. Why are you such a liar??

>It's still possible you fucking lazy millenial.
>Do you even fucking listen? It was possible in the 90s, not now.

???

I know a lot of people here in California with basically car hobbies and they can easily maintain it as college students. Here's an example:

To live a Dagumi drift king fantasy you're gonna need a drifting car to mod up. I don't know much about drifting but I assume a modded Miata will do. I'd say a Miata is an AE86 equivelent for the time right now.

I picked the first Miata I could find for the $3k to $4k price range in my area. Anyone can do better.
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-mazda-miata-na8c-black/6266701601.html ($3500)

You're gonna need money for this car, $3500, another $1000 in mods, and then tires often. Minimum wage is $10/hr but you can easily find jobs for $13/hr, amazon warehouses will hire you to destroy your body walking all day for $15. So with your $13/hr job you can get $4k easily working 9-5 over two months and you live with your parents. So now you have your starter car money after a summer.

I take night classes at the local community college so can easily have a job and go to school at the same time. There's your maintenance money.

Yeah but I make half that

you can get lower prices on craigslist in your area. Purchasing power should be equal.

I already have a couple cars it was just a thought experiment. Thank you for the genuine advice though.

>nice ae86
That's an oxymoron

Unfortunately this.

I make $18/hr and I can't afford to maintain my 2000 civic.

At least I'll make more when I graduate.

>anyone that's not dagumi has a heavy car/applies the brakes hard/has a beer gut or a combination of all three
>oh no, his tires are worn
>loses the race spectacularly

I don't fucking get it. There's no way even performance tires have such short life spans. Do these people simply not change their tires at all?

Tires that get too hot can become greasy.

I thought it was about the tires overheating and losing grip?

>buy sanic 6 months ago
>has new tires (all seasons which wear slower)
>spend 1 day a week hooning on a mountain pass
>tires are within 2 months of needing replaced now

i can imagine that actually going dorifto mode will make them bald real quick like

Pigfat car going downhill trying to corner hard and brake at the same time is going to put a lot of stress on soft as fuck performance tires

This was also the 90s and tire technology was nowhere near as good as it is now

>The R32 is the best car ever made
>Breed for the track yet can master the roads
>Nobody can beat me
>Consistenly get BTFO for the entire series
>Closet gay

Forgot pic

He didn't have time to shine

>Street racer challenge Takumi
>Keisuke Takahashi enter his brother's room
>He's using his laptop when he has a desktop pc near him
>"Ryosuke driver X challenged Takumi, let's go to see the race"
>10 minutes of clueless talking about driving techniques and the opponent cars
>Ready to race
>"Who do you think will win the match tonight?"
>Akina Speedstars say Takumi will lose
>Itsuki say Takumi will win
>Race starts
>The opponents pass for a total of 3 seconds in front of Ryosuke
>Everyone look at him
>20 minutes of discussion about what who the winner will be and what the drivers are doing/did
>Phone call between Bunta and the Gas station chief with a premonition from Bunta, who is at home and has no idea of what's happening
>Race is over
>Takumi is a faggot and he's not satisfied because his girlfriend is being fucked by a fat rich middle age man who drives a Mercedes
>Bunta smiles and Takumi goes to sleep
>Bunta proceeds to fuck up the Trueno without saying a word endangering his own son
>2 hours of pure autism who serve as purpose to show us that every character is and will forever be a clueless virgin

This is Initial D in a nutshell.

i don't even want to know how many kids trying to dorifto that stupid show killed

you forgot one thing

>Race starts
>Takumi's opponent laughs at the 86, calling it a piece of shit that will never win
>The opponents pass for a total of 3 seconds in front of Ryosuke
>Everyone look at him
>20 minutes of discussion about what who the winner will be and what the drivers are doing/did
>Phone call between Bunta and the Gas station chief with a premonition from Bunta, who is at home and has no idea of what's happening
>Takumi's opponent goes OH FUCK DON'T HIT ME after some macguffin causes them to falter
>Race is over

I think it could've been played for shits and giggles to have him constantly jobbed. Like I could imagine it now.

>that dude with the fucking slow as shit cappuccino that dagumi had a hard time beating is hyped up
>to show how good he is, he races nakazato
>nakazato can't beat him on the turns, he has to overtake on the straights
>he floors the gas
>*eyes bulge*
>spins out while trying to pass him and crashes in a guardrail

>kai gets that MR2 spyder godmachine
>to show he's not full of shit, he challenges nakazato
>nakazato actually holds up well for most of the race
>final turn
>they both JAMPU
>kai lands on leaves, nakazato lands on pavement
>kai keeps going forward, nakazato spins out

>or that joke character with the super ultra late bureikingu
>he races nakazato, again
>he overtakes nakazato because he approaches the turns at maximum speed before he slams the brakes
>masaka.mp3
>to avoid colliding into him, slams his brakes and turns
>he spins out again and grinds against the guardrail

>the project d impostors show up
>to prove that they are the real project d, they challenge nakazato in a two on one in their replica AE86 and FD
>neither of them can drive well, but they still manage to beat nakazato because he spun out
>again

What did Takeshi do?

How?

NO MORE WOMEN TO LOVE YOU NOW
YOU GOTTA GO AND
LEAVE
TOWN

>wants to buy his first car
>he loves the AE86
>find it used at a dealership
>goes there and sign multiple papers
>sign insurance paper
>guys I have bought my dream car
>oh shit it's an AE85

>one of the lot to actually get his own qt gf
>they break up over almost getting killed by cool vibrations

He was working at the gas station, too. So he has money.

>What are other expenses

Your fault for getting into debts
I make 18$/h and can afford a brand new BRZ whilst saving 50% of income and pay for my condo

>Actually I cheated, I have a girlfriend as well, she pays half disregard what I said

>mfw

>manages to hook up a downhill goddess
>a photo of Mamoru Chiba ruins everything
>fuck up big time
>he's too autistic to call her the day after even if he has her number

>worthless existence
>probably on welfare
>spend entire days at a gas station looking his friends while they're working

>"What did you do to your engine after the accident Takumi?"
>"I don't know, my father changed it but the car is slower than before"
>opens hood
>completely sperg out
>gets defeated by the lack of mud

That's fucking gay, if cool vibrations keep up the race and didn't bother to daburu kurasu, he would've won.

>the only faggot with an FWD car
>can only be seen smoking at restaurants
>literally can only compete in one stupid kind of race with suicidal rules
>miserably fail and ragequits
>closet jew

you guys ever think that, after being blown off that night, Mako drove straight to Dr. Apex Seal's house and banged him?

i think so

oh, i know so

shingo will forever be Veeky Forums incarnate, for the people who aren't iketani or itsuki

Shingo and the Akina Speedstars are Veeky Forums incarnate.

>he's too autistic to call her the day after even if he has her number

he's just so
D U M B
U
M
B

>Iketani
>Drives an average sports car
>Can drift, but not really Dagumi level
>Is an autist with girls

>Itsuki
>AE85
>Dagumi fanboy
>Shit at racing
>Benchracer
>Veeky Forumstist

>Shingo
>C O O L V I B R A T I O N S
>3k civic with a couple of simple mods
>gay for the GT-R guy
>daburu kurasu

Yep.

I don't know which I like more, Kyoko or Mako. Probably Mako though since the impact blue race has really grown on me since watching first stage.

>tfw I will never sit next to Mako while she does drifts while playing wings of fire

e n d i t a l l

This bitch barely knew her own home course

90s were recession years as were the 00s.
Initial D is about the last of the dinosaurs m8.

Mako best girl...

>[Fuck bitches figuratively]

dude, i make 90k$ a year and can barely afford my touge toy.

>be me
>making about $900 a month
>$500 goes to rent and utilities
>$200 goes to food
>that's $200 left over
>$80 goes to gas
> that leaves me with $120 of spending money
>save up for 2 years to get $2,880 or borrow some money and use payment plan
>buy a Miata, Civic, or Celica
>hone your skills on the downhill every other weekend
>save up $240 every 2 months to get new tires

>tfw work overtime
>extra $100 every month for better tires or to help save up for a few simple mods so I can also do the uphill every other weekend

>amazon warehouses will hire you to destroy your body walking all day for $15.
Instead of spending $200 a month for food, with all of those extra calories you're burning at work, you have to spend $350 a month for food.
You can kiss your dreams goodbye if you have a fast metabolism.

You should be able to make more than 900 a month if you have drive like that

So assuming literally zero expenses and living off mom and dad if you take away all of your free time for 6 days a week, in just a year you can have a shitty car!

NICE! Thanks dad!

don't forget about Kenji, a character so irrelevant that it's easy to forget he exists.

Ah life is so great.

>100

youtube.com/watch?v=lv4GPg2tmJs

The life of a street racer.

Probably the same way he afford a full tank of gas every week.

TFW its a company vehicle and all the maintenance is subject to tax writeoffs

Fucking kek never thought of that

He wasn't the only person with a fwd car, There was that one guy with the Integra coupe that raced Keisuke's FD

Also, the 86 was only 10 years old at the beginning of the series. So the modern equivalent would be a nice and modded 2007 Miata, not a $4k beater.

i thought the 86 was stock until bunta put in the race motor

Takumi's 86 is from 1983 and first stage takes place in 1998, I'm pretty sure they even say in the show it's a fifteen year old car.

Nope, Ryosuke even says it's making about 150hp in one of the early races (I think it was the first real race against Keisuke)

The Initial D wiki has a list of all the mods on the car initiald.wikia.com/wiki/Takumi_Fujiwara

Can't tell if b8 or uneducated burger

I want to hug Mako

Does the first stage take place in 1998 when the first mangas were released in 95?

Lmao how many hours do you work a week? 3?

I don't think a cartoon ever made me this angry again

who?

His dad was the owner, he also took care of it. If I had to guess he kept buying used tired dirt cheap.

tires*

/ourgirl/

Veeky Forums used to love Kyoto and disregard all other females where did all this Mako love come from

Veeky Forums collectively realized they're literally Iketani

jesus these emoji memes just keep on getting worse.

>20/21 years old
>virgin

Only in the 90s.

Also what a fucking whore, I'm 28 and still virgin.

If Bunta didn't do what he did, Tak wouldn't have raced the Red Suns, he wouldn't have met Ryosuke, wouldn't have joined Project D and wouldn't have become a pro racer at the end of the series.