Chevy Bolt

>Chevy Bolt
>$37,500 car with 238 mi range
>finally electric car with reasonable range at price middle class can actually afford
>massive waiting list
>GM can't make them fast enough
>yet GM hardly makes any money on it
>because the battery is made by LG
>even the electric drive system is based on LG's design
>LG charges out the ass for the battery
>GM also has to license a bunch of electric car related patent from LG
>only one raking in dough is LG

How do you feel about the sad state of Detroit Big 3's dependence on external tech for electric car production?

Don't care
GM fucking sucks

Ford and Dodge arent wasting their time trying to appeal to the whiners on twitter who cant even afford a car, let alone an electric one.

GM first to the market with a mass market EV with a range over 200 miles. LEAF, a fucking LEAF, still out sells it. The Model 3 is/will be stealing all the press and sales. The 2018 LEAF 2.0 with 200 plus miles of range is coming out next month.

>$40000 compact car
>middle class

Lol

>$7500 federal tax credit
>various state tax credits
Bringing the price down to to low 30k.

the interior is vary spacious and feels better made and better materials than a Cruze.

your cost to operate is going to be pennies on the dollar compared to a Cruze.

Better than I feel about rely on their dealer network.

the funny thing is GM still makes money off of it, unlike the Volt.

Stuff like the i3 costs BMW about 9k per car, lol. Then Tesla comes along and has 25% margin on the 3....

Sounds like a smart move to be supplied by a company that knows their shit rather than dump tons of R&D into a Model 3 competitor.

wonder how quickly car companies will get their hands on a TM3 to teardown

nobody gives a shit about a rebate. if the initial pricetag is 40k, people will move on to the next car. Especially for a compact car

the only people it's marketed to are champagne liberals who can afford to spend that much money on a fucking compact car.

Women want SUV's and/or minivans.

Most red blooded men want a muscle car or also SUV's.

most everyone else just wants something cheap, AKA a used car.

>almost as much as a focus rs
nigga what

All I want is a Honda Accord EV with 200 miles range. I hate the bolt because it is so stupid crossover bullshit.

EVs built from ICE platforms are never good.

Instead of taking the accord and making a ev, I would want a whole new Honda EV platform

As for you, why not the new leaf? Sure Itll get 180miles but it isn't as ass as the bolt

I'm still somewhat skeptical about going full EV. Might try a hybrid first. I just want an EV to look like a normal car.

looks like a literal tumor, immediate disregard

Used volt then for sure. My brother had one and loved it. Used it with just the battery probably 90% of the time

Make sure you can pay for electricity off peak for less. Much cheaper than a flat rate when charging at night

How's electricity usage tho? Do you need three phase power to charge?

I don't care, the bolt is GREAT! just bought a BOLT EV about a Month ago, and DUDE! I just PUNCH IT ALL THE TIME! I used to have a HONDA CR-Z manual transmission, working that clutch all the damm time. Not anymore! I just STOMP That pedal down and (Very quietly) zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ! The thing is like FLOATING. No gears, no clutch, just PERFECTLY SMOOTH acceleration. and SO QUICK! The torque is ready for me RIGHT NOW. i just LOVE sitting at red lights, next to people, KNOWING Im' gonna blow them all away. I KNOW it. Its' OVER before it even happens. I had a big fancy F-150 or whatever try to beat me the other day- I heard all that big engine and transmission and all that air being sucked in and blown out.......and I just went zzzzzzZZZZZZZZ! I had a half a car length on him before we hit the other side of the road. It was HILARIOUS. He saw "EV" and thought "PUSSY" and i EMBARRASSED him...SO BAD that I saw him just quit, so as not to be further humiliated, playing it off like "Naw, I wasnt' racing that guy...nope! Not ME!" But he was, you know. It's total REVENGE OF THE NERDS.

Bet you also love sitting atvreds with a cock in your ass wondering where all your range went. Oh that's right, you floored it twice and now can't move. The future, everyone

Get proven wrong and still try to argue. Do you make more than 20000 a year where you'd even consider buying a new car?

>yet GM hardly makes any money on it
Tesla has the same issue. I think until the batteries can be mass produced, no one will make money on EV's.

>Most red blooded men want a muscle car or also SUV's.
Generally, suv and new muscle cars are for men that in one way or another come up short.