/hou/ - Night Wave: One more week to go

Welcome back to another Night Wave thread.

Previously Harvey plans to stay till the end of the week, areas that are flooded may get worse
if there is an increase in rainfall. As of right now, no Night Wave cars are dead but we
haven't heard from every single member.
Most of the roads are flooded and there are only some routes you can take without being affected.
Many grocery stores and gas stations are out of supplies, so if you do one open, post up.
Park on high ground or use jack stands if you're worried about flooding.
Stay in touch and stay safe, it may get worse.

New Videos:

Backroad Run
>youtu.be/ISE-VCiB4yk

Lime Creek test run (Potential Austin touge)
>youtube.com/watch?v=rQW1eZMB3uk

Galveston Meet
>youtu.be/AuaL3XazFyk

Sunset Drive (timelapse)
>youtu.be/AIJC4d0yoTU

Check out our roster (we'll do some updates on that)
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

ZeeMaps
>zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

Walkie Talkie app
>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Instagram
>instagram.com/night_wave

Other urls found in this thread:

weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/harvey-galveston-houston-texas-flooding-hundreds-of-evacuations
youtube.com/watch?v=JlJ--E1SR2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=GsKJlZi04I0
youtube.com/watch?v=cj_1-ZGegxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>first for fire ants floating around Houston

Just another day of wind and rain battering my windows.

roll call

Here and dry thankfully

Found what we need

for hwat poorpose

>go on road trip to nyc
>decide to drive on some back roads
>find a really nice and curvy road in the mountains of pa
>completely traffic free and freshly paved
>can't remember where exactly this road was

I really wish I could so some of you PA anons could try it out. Some of the most fun driving I've ever had ;_;

weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/harvey-galveston-houston-texas-flooding-hundreds-of-evacuations

is this a thread just for Houston? sorry im new here

for the most part, other Texans are welcomed too

thread for atlantis

Looking like it, it's seriously bad out there tonight. I've never experienced rain like that in my fuckin life.

Fug. Gonna need a

Boat

It's been raining non fucking stop literally all day.

Any tornado watches/warnings?

Not that I know of for me. Just flood warnings.

>all these flood and tornada warnings
my phone keeps ringing off, i feel special

Just flood warning. Haven't had tornado warnings since yesterday I think. Hard to keep track, like said I'm getting warnings every half hour. Long since lost track

>Floods
Fake news I say.

Apparently it's set to get worse. We're in for it now boys.

The next few days.. we might die

Which areas are fucked? I'm 5 miles East of Barker reservoir.

aren't you dead already?

na lad there's not much action in my parts

omw to your house

Bring a boat because there's no other way in. And get me a patty melt too.

Who this? Cucked e36?

Na i'm new as of 3 days before Harvey struck.

Damn there are 3 /hou/ people living in a 3 mile radius of me. Interesting.

Cucked E36, Blue Mustang user and you.

Eldridge + Briarforest here.

I got a sister who lives off the new apartment complex off Eldridge and Memorial. Said the whole street was flooded and real messed up when I talked to her earlier today. Hopefully it ain't as bad where you are brother.

>no lowballers
>I know what I got

Not sure as of right now but pic related was last night.

Eldridge and memorial have a large dip in the road, so I'm guessing that's why there is a flood.

SCOTTY!!

youtube.com/watch?v=JlJ--E1SR2Q

careful out there

Just needs to have the water vacuumed out but I don't have the time. Also needs a new blinker bulb, $5 at oreilly but I don't have the time to replace it.

Oh shit I just remembered. I saw what looked like a Holden commadore last week in clute. It was left hand drive. I don't know if they make them for the US or if someone went through a lot of trouble with a G8.

Fuck my uncle and grandma's place flooded this morning. I thought we were through the worst of this

I'm in PA for school and might pick up a shitbox. Where's it at?

Shit. Did it get in the house?

rainfall is said to hit harder tomorrow
whats the point of living anyways

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kek

God damn, id like to scope that out.

That's awful Volbro,

i feel that my mom and step dad are having to get an apartment while their new house is being built cause it stood up to the last flood but not this

That was the first time I've seen it. First saw it at beach buc ees and followed it up 332 and then I had to exit. If it's a fake then it's a very well done fake.

Finally got a pic that wasn't over 4mb with my back camera on my phone.

I'll keep an eye out

Looks like it just drove thru hell, I love it!!
>dat cooler poke
Unf

I couldn't get the megasquirt ecu to work. Was running 8.4 afr which is basically dumping raw fuel into the exhaust. Put the stock but reflashed ecu back in and it runs fine. I drive it around the parking lot to blow out some of that gas that's in the exhaust.

Just one more day and Steve Harvey will leave us all alone.

or so you think

Harvey is one unpredictable bastard

Finally, after a long battle against Harvey. The sun is finally up, you can see the sky even if it's mostly filled with dark clouds.
The air is so clean now, it's so peaceful out there.

OMG I SEE IT TOO, IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

Its here boys the promise land awaites

I-10 West of Beaumont right now

Holy shit it's literally the ocean. That's wild.

>wayyhayyy and up she rises

youtube.com/watch?v=GsKJlZi04I0

Long time lurker on Veeky Forums.

Don't post often, rather just enjoy the drama on the board.

Just popping in to say stay safe you lot. I'm a fucking long way from there but it's a mad deal you all have going on right now. Good night, and good luck.

Thanks for the kind words, it's been a difficult time for a few but we'll make it out of this.

thanks man

My man

My man

your taste in music is poor

Whatameet for Saturday then?

Houston's a ghost town right now lol. It's fun yet eerie driving around at night after what Harvey did.

i know its terrible but i went tearing through my area earlier, cops too busy being useful to the public to stop me

Friday night sounds better

Clay and 99

Mustang 5.(h2)0

;-; poor thing

Talking to my mother in law who works for USPS. She said the main hub in Houston is down. So nobody is getting mail. Hopefully you don't have car parts in the mail.

Who dead?

30 Veeky Forumstist who thought their cars were amphibious but werent, may they rest in peace.

Night Wave is dead.

Boat Wave is born.

Kek. Day 2 of fucking with megasquirt. So far I can't get the afr above 8.4 consistently. Sent a data log to tech support so hopefully they can help.

>megadribble
Hopefully they'll get you fixed right up. You managed to get back to your place yet?

Hopefully. Still at in law's. We could go back home probably but the wife is worried about getting stuck out there.

I'd suggest staying put for a day or two, even in the city it's still flooded and only certain ways to get through.

Prob a smart move to wait, the water in the ditches hasn't drained down much if any.

Ya I know but fucking hell I hate staying at other people's houses. I'm a homebody lol

I hear that, I HATE living under other people's feet. Keep us posted man.

All these cheap cars in Houston..

Very tempting.

how

youtube.com/watch?v=cj_1-ZGegxY

I'm helping out where I can and I've been gone most of the day at the shop working on the Miata so I'm not in the way. Are you home yet redcoat?

>at the shop working on the Miata of Happyness
Your temple in the storm. Sounds comfy.

>home?
I'm inside LJ, we didn't have to leave. Compared to everyone else we got mad lucky. DOW built levees to protect the plants, they keep us safe apparantly.

Indeed. It's kept me dry. I thought you said left my bad. I'll be at the shop tomorrow too if you wanna swing by.

Well, Harvey is pretty much done with HTown.

Just hope Irma or some other Tropical Storm doesn't fuck us over now.

If Irma reaches Houston we are completely fucked. I'm getting out of the city it reaches this way.

Same, water made it up to the front yard this time but not to my house.

Though, chances are Irma might actually hit the east cost instead of reaching our area, but I can't be too sure. I'm just hoping it won't touch our area. Got a lot of shit I can't lose right now.

100% if that shit comes I'm parking all my cars as high up in the yard 4 ft up on blocks and shit then taking a truck to some other city

I'm keeping an eye out on the live feed, seriously if that shit comes up here we will not survive. It's already too fucking flooded here.

WE ARE SAFE HERE

My street hasn't flooded since 2006. Weirdly enough, Ike back in 2008 didn't flood my street.

If Irma does hit us, I'm just gonna jet out of the city too.

This will be friday

How do those people on islands still exist?

Some don't.