NEW CAR - JUST MOVED CITY

Have just moved to Canada from Australia and am in the process of buying a new car. Going to be using it for a drive to work for one of my jobs (other job I will walk/transit).

Right now I'm feeling this 2006 Crown Vic P71 at 202,185km/125631 miles. Priced at $2600CAD though I might ask for around $2200 first. Thoughts? There is also another Crown Vic on the market with more mileage, civi trim and a price of $2500CAD.

Other urls found in this thread:

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1998-mercury-grand-marquis-50/6267290322.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FjWoKlJ4hws
youtube.com/watch?v=bfNwUVIHROs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Those CVPI's go for $1000 at the auctions.

Second option I'm feeling is this 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass with 4D. Advertised for $2600CAD but I'd ask for $2000 I reckon. It has only 97,000km/60273 miles on it. But surely a car that old is just going to break anyway? It's former driver just died of natural causes.

THANKS

forgot pic

can't really go wrong with a Crown Vic honestly
those prices do seem a bit high though, try to push them down a bit

there is a auction on 2nd of sept but no crown vics going. Is an auction worth going to? Will I save a lot there?

$1000CAD?

How low should I try to push? like $2000CAD or even lower?

I think he meant $1000 USD, which is about $1250 CAD
at that mileage I think $2000 CAD would be fair, that's about $1600 USD
it's a good open at least

>Is an auction worth going to?

Depends. You really have to know what you're looking at. They can do a lot of tricks to make cars seem sellable.

>Will I save a lot there?

Probably. That's where the ones you see on Craigslist or Kijiji come from. They just polish them up and jack up the price.

2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4dr Sedan 82210 Km Engine: 4.6L Flex Fuel V8 250hp 297ft. lbs.; Steel Wheels, Cloth Upholstery, Air Conditioning, Tilt Steering, Power windows $2200

2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4dr Sedan 235200 Km Engine: 4.6L Flex Fuel V8 250hp 297ft. lbs.; Steel Wheels, Cloth Upholstery, Air Conditioning, Tilt Steering, Power windows $1100

not a fair comparison though as you also have no idea what condition they're in.

I wouldn't go much over $2000cad.

You're going to trust some car flipping crackhead on Kijiji? You don't know the condition of any car unless you completely tear it down. Most ex-gov auction cars come with the service records. When you're buying an ex-fleet vehicle there's risks you'll take no matter where you buy it from.

Oh hey, you came just in time for salt season. My advice would actually be a Mazda3s since there's a big supply and you can get them for real cheap, but crown vics are good, especially the surplus action ones. Just remember that cars don't last long here of winter driven, so you may want to get the crown vic as a beater and buy a better car later on that you intend on keeping. Most cars last 4-5 years if beaten during the winter, especially in Ontario because of the acidic salt

>mazda 3
>in the frozen rust capital of the world

cheers guys!

alright well I am in Saskatchewan so likely ultra snow conditions in the winter. however I'm only going to be here max 2 winters, do you think a crown vic could survive? I'll check out mazda3s in the area as I do like the car but a crown vic is a bit more fun.

I'd love to buy a crown vic at a police auction but don't think there are any coming up soon where I am and I kind of need a car within the next week.

if anyone is in Saskatoon and wants to meet up and maybe be kind enough to help me through this car buying process - that'd be awesome. plus we could maybe be friends since i know about 4 people here and 1 of those is my boss and the other is a online gamer i've never met in person. cheers!

Can we make this a thread about panther platforms in general?
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1998-mercury-grand-marquis-50/6267290322.html
Is this any good if I am willing to do a bit of work with a 3 pound hammer?

2006 isn't that old, unless those fucks up there use some sort of alien road salts, it should be fine. Preventing it from spreading is the biggest thing if you ask me, after 16 years in the salt belt, my taurus has to be scrapped due to no one ever taking care of the underbody. And the awful plastic panels that traps pounds of sand next to the rockers.

I have no idea where that car's 50th anniversary badging comes from as 1998 was neither the 50th anniversary of Mercury itself nor of the Marquis.

Just don't buy anything from an Indian (feather not dot). They're like the "abbo's" in Australia but worse.

worse??? roger doger

Why not truck? (Super-Ute?)

4wd, best in snow.

never been a truck kind of guy. more of a wagon kind of guy. would buy an outback if I had the money but really trying to work on a budget.

typically i'm put off by the big trucks/4wds of north america, i feel like they're gonna guzzle fuel like crazy. but in toon town fuel is like 99c a L which is crazy good compared to australian fuel prices.

anyone have thoughts on the oldsmobile?

youtube.com/watch?v=FjWoKlJ4hws

youtube.com/watch?v=bfNwUVIHROs

Checked online, nothing about it besides someone in Russia finding something similar.

I'm not the OP of the thread, just someone looking at panthers in NH. I'd like a truck but for now I just need something to beat on until I figure out if I'm moving south or not.

>australian in canada

whistler/banff?