/2hug/- Touhou General

Forbidden Edition

LAST THREAD: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there
some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.org/retro-era-pc-98.html

DEMO LINKS:
Four seasons:
mega.nz/#!hIZTTapC!1A4MTSueiirqFTfLkMeSab3cd6B9b5s4uITU-DlUs2c

AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

Touhou is a video game and we're not disturbing anybody.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5H_mOvnPUnE
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8
youtube.com/watch?v=MwaZhEbYA2s
youtube.com/watch?v=dn3UDyLf9-A
youtube.com/watch?v=br77v95hHb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EratohoK user, are you here? You're the only thing stopping these threads from dying

Awooo~

God I'm trying so hard to 1cc EoSD but I keep not bombing to dumb shit, I don't know why I've train myself to never bomb but this is problematic.
Any tips? I feel like i come close to it and then get greedy

Reminder no one in these threads plays 2hu. Go elsewhere is you want 2hu discussion.

I do I was just playing EoSD

I feel you user. Half the time I try to 1cc it I end up ramming a bullet when fighting Cirno.

route out your bomb usage instead of trying to bomb on reaction

just make a note of shit you don't want to dodge

hm okay, that could work, I'll have to get better at that.

I did that earlier and felt like a huge baka I cant believe it.

>touhou board kicks out discussion of touhou

kek. jp mods = comedy genius

They didn't kick anybody out, I just prefer it here because /jp/ is super fucking slow compared to this

Alright so...if I start off with the default lives and you get how many lives from score in EoSD? like 3ish? 1 from meiling and 1 from sakuya....

No fucking way, is this really 'Easy' mode?

think so, its not as hard as it looks

>UFO
yes

oh fuck I though that was kanako's spellcard

on touhou, it is

You get 1 from Meiling and Sakuya as you said, plus 4 (extra lives are awarded at 10, 20, 40, and 60 million points)
This mean you can hold a maximun of 8 lives.
To be fair, this spell in particular is harder in easy than normal.
That's MoF.

Yeah, my mistake.
by the way yuyuanon you mentioned going to japanland?

I think i need to get better at not dying to stupid shit
i'd like to not bomb at all from the first two bosses since they aren't that bad, but meiling was giving me hell. Im so rusty. I should just focus on doing spell practice with meiling and patchy until i get them down to a science
maybe trying to 1cc EoSD as my first 1cc was a mistake

Ignore the flower. It doesn't actually do anything but take up screen space.

Do what you love, user.
That's how you achieve greatness.

If I 1cc this then maybe the other will be easier

That's the spirit!

I found something more fitting for you
youtube.com/watch?v=5H_mOvnPUnE

I don't recall doing so, no.
I should post more here to be honest, I only bump on occasion and comment on main games stuff
It's not a mistake, EoSD is great for learning the fundamentals
You seem to be mostly on the right track, just keep pushing forward!

It's really nice when its just a buch of filthy secondaries shooting the shit, isn't it?
You don't have to only post screenshots

Should we start numbering threads since we've survived this long?

w-what number are we on? like 5? 6?

For a final boss, yes.
The gap spaces, bullet speed, and amount of bullets make Easy what it is, though that doesn't mean it's not going to be hard.

11 by my count, so that makes us SA now.
I might be wrong tho.

I'm honestly surprised that there's actual discussion going on this thread, the only reason the last thread survived was because of Eratohok and religious discussion

wait we've had that many threads? holy heck

>last 3 threads
But then again finishing a thread in 3 days isn't exactly what I'd consider barely alive.

we should talk about the games more, main series and fan based

I'm just glad that I don't have to keep pushing for conversations anymore.
I'm getting tired of watching lets players just to hear someone talk about 2hu mods.

It's not like there's really much to discuss other than the ignorant "how do I get into touhou" post or the "wow this game is really hard how do I git gud?" posts

Hey mario user, M&B user get a load of this guy.

You forgot the this:
>how to be a primary for good children
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

Sadly yeah this, people tend to go to /jp/ for their questions about the games for the main series and the thread there moves so slow it doesn't get 404'd as fast.
And I tried asking about fushigi and totally got ignored, maybe no one plays this game

How's fushigi?
Stopped dying yet?

Oh! thank you. I'll make sure I add it if I make the OP next time

Its fun, I just get dicked over in runs sometimes and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. when stuff like healing is totally random and you're never sure if you are going to get more in a run really starts to get annoying when you see your first healing item 10 floors in or they suddenly stop
Im probably missing something since the config is still in kanji and I cant read it

>totally got ignored.
sure and I totally believe that.

This can't be your first roguelike.
Why don't you just powerlevel safely?

sorry I sound like a valley girl in hindsight saying that.

I actually don't play many
I thought about trying to powerlevel but...mmm I dunno. I'll have to try now.

Go play something like wizardry 8 first.
Its old and in english so you'd have an easier time learning the genre.

I'll look into it!

Have fun!

I'm glad we have some actual discussion going, I also apologize for over sleeping.
Consider tonight's(?) run cancelled.

>Day 1, Thursday;
>Went out on patrol with captain and a bunch of enlisted: the enlisted were giving me some dirty looks, probably from being the shortest person in the company. Some of them made comments that got me feeling uncomfortable, but I won't let that ruin my stay here: This place is green and full of life and trees and grass that's healthier than anything I've ever seen back home! The people here live simply, and they have agreed to host our presence here without major incident. Some of the workers were protesting about tearing up the land and being the bottom of the seniority ladder I found myself leading soldiers to do the job. No comment, but I get they wouldn't want to harm these woods, Lord knows that for many these are the first real plants they've seen that weren't grown in a lab!

>I went out scouting the lands alone. That would normally get me chewed out by the captain, but I came across something marvelous! Gals! Winged gals, and they were dancing and flying with smiles on their faces - one of them waved at me! I told the captain about it, and he said that people would pay mighty high to see them just do their thing! He said he'd let it slide this time. These winged people make me wonder: where do they live? Is their home? Something about them makes me feel mighty fuzzy inside.

Should I contiune (future reports will probably stretch over the span of multiple days?) They're probably less interesting than 2hug, but they'll keep the thread bumped for the next couple hours.

go for it!
also can anyone read this?

Why would you wear a towel while bathing. Take it off damn it.

Because they're always fucked in gensokyo

Boo, do a european edition instead

>european edition
What does that mean?

menu
atk/select
dachuu?/kyanseru (dash/cancel)
direction change(?)
danmaku release (??)
naname movement (???)
arrange tools
start

wtf you playin' user

Fushigi, making sure I wasnt missing something, and it looks like not really.
not to sure what the moveset does but i dont think it matters to much

It means starting late is actually good for us non-murricans

For a second I thought you mean the Europe map in Eratohok. Don't worry, I promise that we'll continue at 12 AM Pacific.

youtube.com/watch?v=MwaZhEbYA2s

>Day 3, Saturday;
>Captain said I got extra free time on Saturday for all the good work I was doing, and now I can finally write gain! Boy, where to begin! He's been real warm to me ever since I found them fairies, and we've been training how to fight together. Said I've earned my place in security now and at this rate I can expect promotion by the end of the month. And the CEO wanted me to visit him personally. Says he's mighty glad at what I've done and told me why our job here is so important, and how we're gonna save the world. He smelled like tobaco and knowing him, he probably has his own personal supply. And a personal snack cake supply too - here's hoping he never reads this.
>But, that ain't the half of it! Yesterday when I was on patrol I came across one of them fairies from early and got real close. So close, I got to talk with her! She says she's wondering what a bunch of tall folk like us are doing mucking about her home: we told her we're on a mission to save the world, and she said that's pretty neat. Say's she's the strongest of the fairies, and that we shouldn't mess with her - big talk for a little lady, but I'm not going to judge. Captain says that all sorts of dangerous stuff lives here, even things that look friendly. A man dressed up like one of em' crusaders was followin' her around, but he didn't say a word before he left with her. Makes me wonder what that's all about.
>Oh, and I came across one of them metal men that I've heard rumors about but never seen in person. Tried chatting with it - no response. Guess it ain't programmed for talkinf. Technology sure is amazing, but also kind of scary! I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of that feller.
>Last word. Doc came around and patched up a bunch of our guys who were injured constructing the CEO's new tower. Seems kind of excessive that he's setting up an ole' glass eyesore next to our operation, but he don't pay me to talk back.

when is that?
>A man dressed up like one of em' crusaders was followin' her around
WHO?!!

It depends, Europe has 10 timezones.

In hours, wiseguy.

Roughly 21 hours and 30 minutes from now.

>fucking over non-claps again

Come on etkanon, give other timezones a chance

(Just a generic officer. The scenario is Fairy Wars, and I added some stock COs with basic abilities to fairy nations in order to give them some semblence of balance against the overwhelming might of the Outside World. Then again, Lance is technically a generic officer himself.)

>Day 4, Sunday;
>Lots of shifty figures are showing up among the locals looking for employment. Could have sworn one of them had three eyes, and another was as green as the astroturf in the New York's Central Park, like they were mutants or something. Captain said to ignore them, and they'd ignore me, but they give me the creeps. A saleslady was peddling her wares in the middle of the base! Can't she read the "Restriced Area" sign? Had she ran into one of them' robots... never mind that, I fined her and she was on her way. Had an odd fashion sense; was wearing a pair of wings on her back like one of them winged hussars.
>Edit: I usually don't write about the same day twice, but I've ran into a bunch of local thugs trying to kidnap a child! I always heard about them human trafficker types on the news, but never thought I'd get the misfortune of seein' one in person. Luckily, I drove those knuckleheads off and got her home safe, but I warned the family that it ain't safe to go alone. Some of the boys say these locals are savages and need to be civilized. I think that's a loaded set of words, but when I see things like this...

>Day 5, Monday;
>Was minding my patrol as usual when I ran into the weirdest thing today - a little green man like from one of them vidya games! He said he had fallen on hard times and wanted a job. Now, he was pretty ugly but Pa always told me there's more to a book than it's cover. He's got to be right on that, or else the CEO would never have gotten his position! Captain and I managed to pull some strings and now he has a job as quartermaster. Nobody seems to mind that he's small, and green, but at least I can say I'm no longer the shortest guy in the company. Some of the boys are saying we should make him our mascot, but I think that's kind of condescending on the poor fella.

>Day 6, Tuesday;
>Been a while since I've last checked in. The tower of the CEO is now operational thanks to the robots and construction equipment. They're using it to broadcast a wave that Captain says will help us locate oil and uranium, but it's giving me a headache listening to it even with the hearing protection they provided us. But aside from that, I've got great news! Doc visited us again and gave me an offer for all the good work I've done! He told me he had this new treatment that could make me better at my job instantly, and it seems to have worked like a charm! Said it's from studying the unique environment that is surrounding us, and that he's getting new materials daily. I'm going to go back to him later to give him some thanks, I feel like two men in one today!

Which Timezone are you from?

youtube.com/watch?v=dn3UDyLf9-A

>Well, I already insulted the CEO in here, so I guess there ain't no further harm in reccording this. Revisiting doc to talk to him about the treatment he gave me, I think I ran into something I shouldn't of have. The lab was supposed to be closed up but I still saw lights on, so I thought someone must have forgotten to shut it off, but when I came in, I saw some... things. Mutants, a lady. I ran out before anyone noticed, but something about what I just saw doesn't feel right. I got to tell Captain, he'll know what to say!

non-american, I'm tired of sneaking votes under the table.

user I can't decide when I should start the run then. I have the day off today so I can pretty much do it whenever, I can basically gonna be awake for two runs. One for whenever you want it and the one for 12:00 AM. Just notify me, I guess.

>Day 7, Wednesday;
>Captain listened to what I said and said he'd report it up the chain of command later, and it's making me feel better already! Met an old man while on patrol who had lost his way; led him to the nearest human settlement and he gave me these bottles full of odd... stuff. Think it's honey.
youtube.com/watch?v=br77v95hHb8
>Our operations have expanded by the CEO's orders. We had to displace some people in the process, and there were rioters that needed to be put in their place. I herad there were deaths. Don't think this is a good idea, but Captain says that we'll only be there as long as we need to scout it out for materials. I asked if we could cut deals with the locals, and he said that the locals were so backward that they didn't know what a company was.
>I wish there was another way to do this, but the whole world is at stake. I hope I never get put on goonsquad duty.

Now is fine, but i think we should wait for heca-user

Alright, I'll set everything I need up then.

>Day 8, Thursday;
>It wasn't until today that I noticed a more than a week had passed: with the amount of action we've been conducting, it felt like a whole month. More territory is falling under the company's control and we've spent the following hours shipping things into territories as soon as they've been claimed, TV screens, generators. The CEO - Monsutā, he's been broadcasting messages the locals just like the screens in the big city, explaining to them our mission. It's working, and the rioters are trading in their pitchforks for rifles and joining the force.
>I know that this shouldn't be too out of the ordinary by now, but I was approched by a - flying woman. A woman who could float in the skies and whose ears were as pointy as that hobgoblin. She wanted an interview, wanted to know what exactly we were doing, why we needed to save the world, and how occupying this land would accomplish that. Told her what I knew; this land was deemed to have an untapped supply of energy of some kind that we're looking for, but she didn't seem to be that convinced. To be honest, I'm starting to be a bit less convinced myself: I've seen tanks rolling down from the HQ that nobody informed we even had to quell the remaining "rioters". Captain says we originally brought them to deal with the monsters here, but the look he gave me said otherwise - I didn't protest it.
>It'll probably take some days for the Captain's word to move up the chain of command, but I swear that there's something mighty wrong churning up in that lab. One of the scientists was carting around a machine on wheels that looked like a box with spikes jutting out of it. Asked him what it was for and he simply replied by saying "he was authorized to conduct this experiment".
>Roughnecks are using the current discord that our occupations are causing to stir up trouble in the chaos. This place might be a paradise of nature, but it looks like it has all the problems of home and more.

bump before bed, night 2hugs

Night user

(Sleep tight!)

>Day 10, Saturday;
>Lapsed on writing again. Company's reach is extending: the locals have gone towards calling it "The Factory" because of all them stuff that gets hauled out and delivered to them. Things like TVs, appliances, processed food. What we're doing me is distrubingme greatly: grandpa escaped from the cities to try and avoid this kind of life, and I think these people are the same way. The fairies aren't so welcoming towards us anymore. The place they used to gather is now empty, and now whenever we encounter those- brats they're trying to sabatoge our mining equipment or getting our workers lost. Makes me cross, but I can't really blame them: we're intruding their homes, bulldozing their forests so we can save our bulldozed forests. We've started a cycle, and we need to continue it just a while longer before it stops.
>There are rumors. Rumors that the goonsquad has access to a... thing. A monster they caught in the wilderness and stuffed full of machinery. Something with the firepower of a tank, no, a jet fighter, and the strengh of a grizzly. Something the lab cooked up. Speaking of which, that lab has been errecting more and more sensor towers in our occupied territories, even places where I think the chances of any oil being there is a long shot. In fact, I've got to say not once have these things been able to ping a major deposit, at least not as far as I know. There's something slimy going on in that lab, and I'm going to see what it is some day.

Night

Paging /hell/

Can we start

I guess so, however at minimum we require three people.

I'm here and not sleep deprived as usual

What'sup 2hug!

Very well, this shall suffice.
As may recall from the last thread we finally defeated Tenshi, now we have a couple of options.
We focus on building up our friendship with Marisa, Yuugi, and Kanako while raising our own funds and soldiers.
Or we can continue our conquest and try to defeat those who are at the south near The Great Barrier.
Since we're allies with Kanako, Marisa, and Yuugi we don't have to worry about the upper left corner of the map at all.
What shall we do?

Think of it this way: the only wasted bomb is those you lose on death.

I'm not a book

Time to not kill everyone and work the economy.

Build up your friendship with Marisa just so you can annex them

I see we have another successful diplomat here

You're adorable sometimes

Gained 5,000~ Gold
Youkai Girl Battle
Decline
Kitsune
Tanuki
Rabbit
Tengu

For events like these that have absolutely no effect, should I just skip asking them and decline?

T-thanks

I thought we were going to avoid STD's
Don't sleep with everything what gets in your way

Say no right to their face

You never know.
Tanuki.
fuck jap moot and fuck his captcha

Shit, by getting rid of Tenshi we lowered the amount of alliances we can get.
We gotta make a choice now.
Marisa, Yuugi, or Kanako.
Only two of these can remain as allies.
I say we eliminate Kanako, at the very least claim Toad Pond from'em.

Snake mom must be ally

What limits allies?

The amount of faction leaders/nations present.