Sup Veeky Forums

sup Veeky Forums

So my dad is going to give me his 2008 tahoe for free since he just bought a new truck

Now he doesnt want me to sell it and get something else because he bought this truck brand new from the dealer and just finished paying for it a couple of years ago

But im in college and im kinda worried a tahoe is too "family-oriented" or something. Will i look like a soccermom? I mean i know minivans are the least cool type of vehicle but do tahoes fall in the same category as mom-mobiles or can they ever be considered cool?

Nigga just be happy he gave you a car

Buy your own car

stop being a freeloading fucking faggot immediately

You just hit the fucking lottery getting an abused newer SUV for free. Give your dad a hug and buy him a high end bottle of whiskey.

No joke, a Tahoe is one of the best college cars you can have.

unabused*

>But im in college and im kinda worried a tahoe is too "family-oriented" or something.
Yeah, what the fuck would a college kid need with a reliable, safe care that can carry around a lot of people.

Just sell it and and buy a Miata. It can carry all your books in the passenger seat since you apparently have no friends and likely never will.

And another bonus, when you crash it you'll fucking die and rid the world of another shit human.

>having friends

what the fuck is wrong with you

If he's in college and not a piece of shit, he's too young to buy spirits.
Anyone 22 or over in college should fucking gas themselves.

I forgot drinking age in freedom land is 21.

You can't buy spirits in Germany if you're under 21 either. Only beer.

op here

yes i dont have any friends and im actually 22 since i started college at 20

I just dont wanna be ridiculed driving a mom mobile any more than i already am since im a shy loser which is why i was asking

If you were really 22 being "ridiculed" wouldn't even cross your mind.
"Bullying" doesn't happen to adults. It happens to preteens.
Kill yourself fag.

>on Veeky Forums
>thinks bullying doesnt happen to adults

its not bullying like it is in middle or high school but the indifference and subtle remarks normies make still hurt, user

When I was in post secondary for machine work, my class had older people and even a retired guy that just wanted to learn to make parts for his hot rod projects.

Never too old to learn something new.

>subtle remarks
Dude people are afraid of me.
Always have been.
No one says shit to me.
No one asks me for anything.
I'm just the right mix of creepy, crazy, and loner I guess.

>being too entitled to appreciate great opportunities and gifts
good lord you'd be a horribly disappointing child

Fuck's sake dude you're older than most of the people there and you're worried about being ridiculed for having a FR V8 SUV?

Are you literally the living embodiment of that fucking Virgin vs Chad meme?

Your car is the least of your worries. You wouldn't be cool in a fucking Porsche 911. unfuck yourself.

Mate can you not make me remember middle school with that picture fuck offfffff

To answer your question it's college be glad you have a car and not have to ride the short bus

You don't go to College to learn, you go to college to get a degree to get a job.

You can pay to be told to read welding books for 100 years and still suck ass at welding.
You need to have a passion and get hands on experience to learn a skill.
Get out there, study independently, and get real experience and you'll become a master.
I've never met a successful tradesmen who had any faith in formal education, and that sentiment is only getting stronger as we live in the information age.
I can find out anything in a matter of minutes online.
People naturally want to learn. There are communities all over that you can learn more from in a week than you will in a month at a trade school.

>You don't go to College to learn, you go to college to get a degree to get a job.
Maybe you don't. And that's why soon you'll be working at Amazon with your communications degree and $90k in debt.

I didn't go to college.
Also my parents have offered over and over to pay for me to attend college.
I have no degree. I just have shit boxes. All of my college educated friends are still dumb as rocks, even my engineer friends get fucking lost as shit when we talk about cars because they don't actually understand engineering at all.

It's a free fucking 9 year old car m8

Oh so you're too dumb to even go to babysitting. Nice.

>Implying I'm an entitled spoiled brat who thinks a free ride of fucking off is a good thing.
While you were at econ class I was studying the blade.
Actually while you were at algebra 1 I was studying the blade. I didn't even graduate highschool nigga.

remember gents, your tax dollars go to feeding this specimen

>people go to college to study things besides cars
>they're retarded because they don't know as much about cars as the guy with an autistic obsession with cars

For all you think you know about cars, you clearly don't even understand what an engineer actually does.

>even my engineer friends get fucking lost as shit when we talk about cars
sanitation engineers don't count, user

>Implying I would ever take a gubment hand out
Any interaction with the government is a bad interaction.
Plus theft by proxy is still theft. I'm not a piece of shit.
You've really got a warped perception of reality, the majority of kids who fall through the cracks in public school aren't druggies and retards. They're Veeky Forums level autismos. There were kids that graduated from my highschool that couldn't read, and it was one of the best highschools in the nation. Formal education is a joke. Diplomas are participation prizes. And you've been brainwashed into believing that it's the only way to get ur smarts.

You have a free truck. The last of your worries should be what other people think of you. Cherish it and rock it.

I'd expect Mechanical and Aerospace engineers to be able to adapt some of their formal education into those areas that apply to cars.
But hey, maybe I'm asking too much for an aerospace engineer to understand aerodynamics, or a mechanical engineer to understand clamping loads or material properties.

If it's 4WD lift it and put on nice tires and wheels

Ok you win I don't even know how to respond to that.