Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_vtDVrLzGeU
youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2fnYQ-iNc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How is that monster game coming along?

why is there an AGDG on /pol/

anyone got a link to the gay discord?

/pol/ here
make a game where I can kill niggers and jews and I pledge 100$ on the kickstarter

>RUSHrOOM CUD & USEFUL I CAN RAKE A SOUP
nope

Some fag got triggered

Play Resident Evil 5
The whole game is about killing lots of niggers.

ok but you will be the bad guy

Ohayo user! Do your best at making game today!

I should probably make a white supremacy simulator.

I wonder if it would be allowed in steam.

Make /a/ not /pol/. Quick, someone post some yuruyuris or whatever little girl anime is currently hip.

Show me the monsterjam games

My God for all my weebing life I thought ohayou was an Engrish way of saying oh you.

Keep the /a/ in /agdg/!

Awoo!

Stop trying to drag people into the conversation with you. Fucking autistic canadian.

if you can make a game about black people killing cops why cant you make a game about killing blacks

youtube.com/watch?v=_vtDVrLzGeU

>just like make games

design whatever gameplay already

what the fuck are you talking about

How was 'dogmatics' used frequently enough to be on there.

@177911295
You already tried derailing last thread with /pol/ get back to not making games faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2fnYQ-iNc

WRONG

>

>***
i see the meta has advanced once again

Looking pretty fancy.

In your description it should be 'A preview...'

>come to agdg
>all these fucking posers who don't even have a game

Threadly reminder to shun the snobish elitist that wrinkle their noses at design documents.

Don't forget /agdg/:
Planning is progress. A well organized project is worth a thousand (you)s.
"Progress" you might have to throw away because of bad planning is like no progress at all.
In fact it is even worse, since you've wasted your time.

>replying to every post in the thread

>come to agdg
>it's filled with fucking amateurs

>just make game
even a fucking script knows what's best

post your game, hypocrit

post your DD, infidel

Hey everyone look it's the guy who posted progress yesterday
he played Thief and took notes :^)

>don't do something at all
>tell people you do it but you're "just an amateur"
>they notice you in fact don't do it
>"W-WELL THAT'S WHAT AMATEUR M-MEANS FOR ME"
S
A
D

Sorry I was not being ironic

This might be true for professionals but a DD is kinda useless for a beginner who does not understand the full scope of his ideas. There is no point in creating an elaborate DD if you have to throw away or change 90% of it.

It's not that hard to understand why agdg went to shit.
We have /pol/ shitposters, /r9k/ shitposters and Veeky Forums shitposters.

testing some animations for the survival horror game i mentioned couple threads ago. seems really nice, what you think? later i'm gonna start integrating the inventory from one of my previous projects

>tfw actually making some progress

>for a beginner who does not understand the full scope of his ideas
Fixing that is the point of a DD

>There is no point in creating an elaborate DD if you have to throw away or change 90% of it.
And still it is 100% better than having to throw away assets or code.
Also it doesn't have to be elaborate. Even a two page DD is better than nothing.

Really nice

Right, it's all those hundreds of Hitler worshiping posts that make this place garbage and not the psychotic nodevs who shit on any YesDev who dares to post more than semi regularly.

looking neato.
How are you triggering and blending your animations?

Also are you making animations in blender? If so, what's your workflow for import in UE4? Cause that's kind of a bitch in my project. Especially when I'm trying to reimport new versions of old animation assets.

Basically reimporting the entire FBX file and then cleaning up the data in UE by removing/replacing. But that's kinda shit.

It kinda feels like the gun isn't pointed where the crosshair is.

We only shit on gogem and he is no yesdev.

Spotted the idea guy.

Concept art and Design Documents have absolutely no place in indie teams and 1MA projects. As a matter of fact, those things are anti progress because you spend time on those instead of JLMG.

I just want to finish my game and get away from this shithole, I do not feel like I'm part of the thread anymore maybe I'm getting too old.

Where can I find free biped animations for 3ds max?

NEW THREAD

fuqq off

>Chink
of course

>Fixing that is the point of a DD
Except you need experience to properly gauge the scope of a project.

>And still it is 100% better than having to throw away assets or code.
Not really, creating assets and writing code is a good exercise, especially for a beginner.

WIR DEV FÜR DEUTSCHLAND
WIR DEV FÜR HITLER

Don't mind me I'm just stealing your ideas due to my own lack of creativity.
Continue posting, please.

You can't steal ideas, you can only make them your own.

>1:13 Minute long decent quality Webm
>under 3MB
teach me your secrets

>take a look at polagdg
>has more progress than agdg
I guess /pol/ was right.

>Concept art and Design Documents have absolutely no place in indie teams and 1MA projects.

spotted the nodev
you have absolutely no idea how wrong you are

I'm actually 1MAing a project and having no concept art is one of the worst parts of the entire process. There is just too much that can go wrong in creating assets. Stuff that could easily be avoided if the ideas were clearly formulated from the beginning.

And if I hadn't done a Design Document the project would have been dead half a year ago. Period.

It is the same in programming. I've seen tons of projects go down the drain because the project manager had no clear vision and no clear orders and no clear time plan and no clear documentation of what's the goal.

I wonder why this is so hard to accept for /agdg/
Probably because you can't post flashy pictures and get (you)s for it.

That's a great thought user.
That's such a great idea, me.
I really did try working with other people again but I only got a "yeh let's do the thing!" and then they never responded again.

It's all yours friend

I remember the time when there was only one guy playing with the unreal meme mannequin in these threads and everybody had a laugh at him. Good times.

>we
wyg?

>Except you need experience to properly gauge the scope of a project.
Which again can be helped with a DD.
Which project do you think is more likely to be scaled right:

>A: A guy thinks of tons of cool ideas and gets right to work on them.
>B: A guy thinks of tons of cool ideas, writes them down and takes a look at the list

Now don't act like this isn't clear.

>Not really, creating assets and writing code is a good exercise, especially for a beginner.
At least in terms of code I can tell you from experience that that is a fallacy. Of course it's great if you code everyday and make something, but here's the thing (and btw there are tons of artists that say the same about art - watch e.g. andrew price report on his 6 months of learning how to draw):

If you're writing shit code you wont get better from writing more shit code. The problem is that most people settle with the little they have and shy away from challenges.
Practicing alone is not enough. You have to constantly challenge yourself. And a DD or a simple roadmap of what you want can basically become a list of challenges you have to overcome. In that process you will definitely get better.
Not by mindlessly grinding and stumbling over a language feature once in a while.

IDs and flags can work miracles at least until the entire userbase gets used to circumnavigating them and resumes drowning itself in a lake of heinous shitposts

I have a game though. If I had written a DD and kept with the original artstyle I had in mind my game would be absolute shit, things in your mind and on paper are vastly different from what they are when implemented. The other user is right, if you write a DD you'll probably throw away 90% of it once you implement things and realize that they are not as fun/interesting/aesthetic as you thought.
Don't do concept art, just model your shit and put it in the game, if it looks alright keep it, if it doesn't discard it. Concept art is only useful when you have more than one artist on a team and you need to communicate the art style so that everyone has the same idea in their mind when working on assets.
And as a 1MA a To Do list on notepad is 100x more useful than a DD.

My game is still crap, but it's a 100 times better than what it was when I built the first prototype a couple of months ago, and this is because I don't have a problem changing the things that don't really work as well as I thought they would.

For reference.

what is the exchange rate for (You)'s to USD

tl;dr where is your game?

reminder this is your audience

A DD is not set in stone you know? It's an document that goes through several iterations.
Sure you have to change it. Sure things are different on the paper (that's why prototyping exists - I never claimed that DD's are the be-all and end-all of game development)

But formulating ideas saves you time - believe it or not.

And stuff like this:
>Don't do concept art, just model your shit and put it in the game, if it looks alright keep it, if it doesn't discard it
Can kill a project.

Maybe not if your systems are simple enough or graphics are simple enough. But once it gets a little trickier, a little deeper, a little more complex I can guarantee you that you'll run into trouble if your core components are fucked from earlier stages of development.

I mean I can't force you write documentation. But imho you are playing with fire.

what point are you trying to make

They aren't gloomily watching Seventh Seal so they're plebs

this but unironically

Who the fuck gets that excited about anything?

So you stumbled over color theory?

Risk of Rain was made here? I brought it on sale today.

It was made by a guy who used to post here.

did ever make that necromancer game, how has nobody stolen that idea yet

>psychotic nodevs who shit on any YesDev who dares to post more than semi regularly.
Pff this is nothing. This place is a hugbox compared to how it was for the past few years. The shitposting now is largely innocuous.

>he actually spends time doing documentation instead of devving

I kid, docs are the lifeblood of a project, even 1MA.

If you're ever looked at code you'd written even a month ago and go "what that fuck" imagine that writ large as system architecture and project direction.

You are your own worst enemy, keep tabs on that shitlord

It's uncanny how the females react to the excitement in a primal fear of being ostracized from the group.

The design document for my demo is 20k words.

Almost every page is accompanied by a visual mock-up (about 100 at the moment). Art and model design are accompanied by design mock-ups.

It's served me well. Then again, I'm managing 3 other people, so the ideas need to be in digital format.

The idea did get stolen, that project died too.

Idea thieves usually aren't a threat

>But formulating ideas saves you time - believe it or not.
Yeah, and a To do is more than enough. I go and check it when I finished a feature and need to grab something else to work on next.

>Maybe not if your systems are simple enough or graphics are simple enough. But once it gets a little trickier, a little deeper, a little more complex I can guarantee you that you'll run into trouble if your core components are fucked from earlier stages of development.
This doesn't even make any sense for any non AAA gamedevs.

I guess we have to agree to disagree, best of luck with your documents user.
This is my last post about the subject because we have crossed the shitposting line a while ago and I'd rather work on some shaders.

Used to?

Sad. I wanted to congrat him.

>words words words
>grids
>graphs
>space

I'm erect

Well, he thought he's too cool for this thread or something.

Game before was an isometric perspective clickety click thing, it's in first person now and there's new mechanics and shit. Artsyle changed, ui changed, etc.

Are you making an FTL ripoff?
I'll buy 10 copies if it's FTL without roguelite shit.