/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Champions Edition
>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

>last thread archived before 750

Truly our time is near its end

We need a DLC date so it can breathe some life into this general. Even if it's just a little.

top bantz, Link

How can this be the same person as stone cold memory Link?

Because he isn't constantly thinking of shivving the person in front of him

I can always dump the over couple of hundred images in my Midna folder if push comes to shove, though it would probability take more folder dumps from across the spectrum of waifus to keep this alive until the first DLC. Then there's the second DLC to wait for too some time after that...

Fuck. Well, I guess that will have more to it than the first.

You have my gerudo stash, brother

Took me a second playthrough to realize the stuff around the shrine was failed cooking stuffs.

I have a worrying about of Mipha pictures if that helps, god save us all

>There will never be a beach volleyball spin-off of the Zelda franchise.

Link Beach Volleyball Training when?

It would only be good with motion controls... and jiggle physics.

Depends how many pictures you consider worrying.

This guy wasn't my favorite, but he also wasn't as terrible as everyone made him seem. Why the hell are people so triggered by him?

I wonder why a series as massively popular as Zelda can't keep a general going merely months after the latest game is released, especially since BotW was so well-received.

Those Link outfits and Epona really should have been in the actual game. It would have been great to find something like that through exploring instead of just shrines and korok seeds all day, every day. They could still have them as amiibo rewards for those who don't want to have to look for them.

gerudo town is tiny, it's just very dense. hateno is more spread out. I guess it depends what you mean by big
it's surely meant to be the 'end' of the game's map. it and akkala have the toughest enemies.
shit, I thought the rito set is the only weather set that DOES look good. the rest of that is true, but hebra's shit is a lot more hidden. more classic zelda in a way.. unfortunately it's also annoying to get around. snow boots help somewhat, but it's a very climby area. almost every plot thing you have to do there involves a supremely long trek, and the shrines are harder to find (two of them require rolling a snowball carefully down into a door, one is deliberately as far away from everything useful as it could be because it comes from a NPC hint saying if you go there, there's probably nothing)
as mentioned before, that's probably because that one is in a small room so it wont tax the game as much
sauce on this info?

How do I read constellations?

>I wonder why a series as massively popular as Zelda can't keep a general going merely months after the latest game is released, especially since BotW was so well-received.

Maybe it's a few things:

1) Higher proportion of fans of Zelda do not go on Veeky Forums/vg and prefer other places
2) The game was well received because of how different it was, but the hype falloff is larger than average (perhaps tied to 3) or perhaps tied to no modding to provide an infinite source of content
3) People have already done everything and discussed almost everything and seen the world, with not much else to talk about like side quests because they're pretty bad (fetch quests etc.), with only other things including koroks, shrines and the few minigames dotted about
4) Because of the above, the only thing people do is share waifu artwork

As much as I loved this game for how different it was and how the open worked played out, I can't quite help but feeling the highs I experience feel a tad more fleeting than most. Like, is it because I've been spoilt with the formula I've known for over 15 years? Do I secretly miss some of the linearity of past games and the progression through a large series of complex, unique dungeons and the unique items within? Did I only enjoy BotW more so because it was an engaging open world experience rather than strictly a Zelda one?

I'm kind of pulling things out of my ass here. I'm thinking they took a big risk with going in the direction they did with BotW, but that the huge praise and being well received was because of how different of a direction they went in, and people liking open world generally. Next time it won't be unique or new because BotW just did it, so if they use the same framework then how will they surpass expectations and keep fans surprised? Do they expand on the open world theme, but incorporate more Zelda elements like having a lot of proper dungeons, unique items, going back to heart pieces and perhaps even a companion?

People complain about Zelda even though she's mean to Link once and gets over it

I should also add a greater variety of side quests, more minigames and more unique rewards, more unique environments like proper cave systems, grotos, secret dungeons as well as encouraging exploration beyond just looking for korok seed #9899927894 and that shrine you might have missed.

that one was confusing as balls
i don't even remember the solution but it's a lot simpler than you think. the contents of the constellations themselves aren't important, just how many of each, in the order of how many, or something like that.

Yes. Basically counting how many constellations repeat themselves, and putting the orb next the number (represented by number of torches) corresponding to the constellation shown on the wall. I thought it was way more complicated and hit my head after finding out just how simple the solution actually was.

I knew it would be fleeting because it was a higher high than it's been in a long time.
though I also miss the regular zelda stuff too.

The irony is there's actually a lot more hidden caves and grottoes than people think. They're just that well-hidden. (and little reason to go into them)
I've been saying for a while that the bombable walls have become too obvious, but it's hard to balance that with how the ones in the original game and that one in the fire temple were totally invisible.. well in this game they're super obvs but because of the complex shading system and huge world, you still miss obvious rubble piles and boulder walls like madcrazy

I was fucking counting the stars, counting the big stars, and all the time wondering why there was a chart on the rear wall

They need to scale some things down, but increase the quality. Make the world map about 2/3 of its current size (which would still be pretty big), take out shrines, and add in at least 8 big dungeons/temples like in traditional Zelda games, with some of them being hidden or hard to find. Aside from dungeons, there are plenty of things to include on the world map that can take the place of shrines...more towns, for one thing, and also more things to find. There should be MANY sets of armor that can't be found in shops, not just a few, as well as fun Easter eggs from past Zelda games (how cool would it be to find Volvagia's skeleton or something?). A greater amount of monster variety and more story characters that aren't already dead would be great too. I missed having a villain like Zant and Ghirahim to encounter once in awhile. Even in OoT you saw Ganondorf once or twice before finally facing him in the end. Calamity Ganon wasn't even a character, he was just another monster to defeat.

Hell, maybe they could even go back to having unbreakable and unique weapons like in previous games, but the only way to find most of them is by exploring the environment. Also, better side quests. I'd rather have 15 fleshed out side quests with great rewards than 70+ shitty fetch quests and "find the shrine" quests.

As much as I genuinely loved BotW, there are a ton of ways to improve upon it. I think it would actually be relatively easy to go back to more traditional Zelda elements while still keeping the open world and other things that made BotW so good. It remains to be seen if Aonuma will go that route, though.

Can we fucking please go back to having a young Impa that actually does stuff instead of a boring old lady who's just there to give sage advice? That was one of the few things that SS did right.

I loved the shrines, the problem was just that they replaced other stuff
but it's clear they were able to just give some devs the tools and tell them 'make a bunch of unrelated puzzles' and they picked the best ones.. so that didnt really replace as much as you think
>easter eggs
but they did have those. literally the one you said except someone else's skeletons
i'm okay with the villain being a noncharacter just once, it adds to the "you were late, everything's fucked" aspect of the game, without making you wonder what's stopping him from just taking over. It was necessary and it gave the game a unique feel.. but yeah we miss it, and it wasn't actually replaced with something more engaging, just.. something new.

How many star fragments do I need to upgrade amiibo armor? I think the book and some guides online mention each one needs more than the last (so like, first stage needs one fragment, second one needs 2, etc; therefore you'd need 10 total for each item) but I leveled up the 8 bit armor and it only needed one for each stage (so a grand total of 4 for each item)

Was this just poorly worded online and in the guides, or was this changed at some point and no one noticed/updated anything?

>SS
you mean OoT
I want a loli Impa next. she's been everything else. how great would a little handmaid-in-training be? her family might even joke about her having that name
her role could be like OoT zelda, the little scamp spying on things and figuring it out behind the scenes

yeah it's 4 for each item, the guides are wrong. either that or it was patched later.
so 12 per outfit. that's not that bad actually. do you know how to farm the fragments?

The save and exiting then warping somewhere trick, or is there another? Right about now I need 30 between all the armor and I've already used up all the ones you can find in the overworld from doggos and quests.

Out of like 30 of the Silver Lynels I think maybe one dropped one so I decided to fuck that and just do the reset trick

>literally the one you said except someone else's skeletons
Who? I remember finding a few random giant skeletons but not of any particular past enemy.

No, I meant SS. OoT Impa was good too but she had less screentime than SS Impa.
Loli Impa would be cute, but wouldn't make any sense. There would have to be two Impas in that case, an adult one who can actually protect the princess and a child in training to be the future Impa.

I dunno that one, but the fastest one I know is
>go to plateau tower
>make fire under roof
>sleep to noon
>sleep to night
>stand on rim with castle just touching the left edge of the screen
within minutes a star bit falls by the nearby stable, you can just warp to it
i havent timed how many per hour i'm getting but it's a lot
also dont forget the one in the chest in the dark forest

I've heard people talk about a SS remaster for the Switch, but I honestly think they should just wait a decade and remake the dame thing from the ground up. It has a lot of potential for greatness but too many problems that can't be fixed in a simple remaster.

not enemy, no
look at them a little more closely....

you didn't say screentime, you said younger and actually does stuff.
I don't think Impa is a title, it just so happens the name gets passed down and by destiny, the person who will be important as zelda's aide someday will be her..
but you also get Impar from TP, who is an old lady living in old kakariko, but otherwise isn't really responsible for much. her name's slightly off, but still. I think all the important Impas had that name as a kid, and some of them are most important as old ladies, some as fit adults, SS was both thanks to time travel shenanigoats, why not one who surprises everyone by being legit helpful right away, instead of what people assumed, which was that she'd be helping 2-zeldas-from-now

ah i'll have to try that one. I was doing the thing where you warp to your house (or make a fire and wait til Morning), save, close down the game completely, reload it, cycle to night and then warp to Dueling Peaks. I stand on the...I forgot which shrine it is, the one under the Korok Seed location and then face the Tower in the East. Usually one will come there and then you just pursue it.

Although last few times it wasn't working, but I haven't played that much/the fragment would fall into the water and disappear or it would sink into the ground when I got near it.

Coincidentally I got the one in the chest in the dark forest the first trip there. I just randomly was moving around and ended up finding it.

>too many problems that can't be fixed in a simple remaster
aside from issues of sparse content, which obviously they arent going to fix because they didnt add in the 2 major deleted bits of wind waker when they HD'd that, sure they can. just speed up the text, cut out the repetitive you-got-an-item reminders, and you're good. everything else was either flawless or something you couldnt change without making it a whole new game (Adding more towns and people, etc)
the question is whether the switch joycon things can function as a replacement wii motion plus. can they? it's a huge relief if so.

oh yeah i heard that one before. every time I hear the dueling peaks one, it has more unnecessary steps added to the beginning. some insisting on going to the stable to check on the moon, some warping here or there..
i know that saving and closing and reloading used to just make one appear every time, but they patched that.
but even that area.. the idea there is you face a tower, so you can warp to that tower and instantly see where it fell. problem is at least a third of the time it falls so far to your right (south) that it's unfindable (and tons of water there)
the method I outlined puts it either right next to the stable, slightly closer to the castle (worth grabbing your horse), or slightly off into the nearby woods.

>aside from issues of sparse content, which obviously they arent going to fix because they didnt add in the 2 major deleted bits of wind waker when they HD'd that
Exactly. WWHD was a remaster, not a remake. In a complete remake, they can add back whatever the fuck they want.

>everything else was either flawless or something you couldnt change without making it a whole new game (Adding more towns and people, etc)
I disagree. Where do the Sheikah and Gorons come from? They have to have some kind of home somewhere, and it would have been really cool to see how they live on the surface in its current state. They can also take out or improve the motion controls, give Fi more scenes of character development throughout the game, replace the padding (like the tadpoles) with completely new areas and content, add more things to do in the sky, and make the Imprisoned fights less of a chore.

Very little about Skyward Sword was "flawless," and I say that as someone who actually enjoyed the game for the most part. It needs a lot of improvement and I think a remaster would be a waste of time.

Going by that logic you should have seduced Barta whilst in Voe clothes seeing as you rescued her from the Yiga and gave her a Durian when she was at death's door

Also not a single Gerudo gives you more than the standard reward for saving them from monsters and Yiga

They're not going to make a remake, by your definition. And if they were, they'd go with the two that actually need it, the NES ones. but that's a major step backwards.
>Where do the Sheikah and Gorons come from?
not a flaw, just because it would have been cool.
>take out or improve the motion controls
I'm done talking to you now

inb4 archived again

Gerudo Town really should've been bigger considering how untouched they were by the Calamity but one explaination could be the Clamity decimated Hyrule's male population so a lot of them couldn't find husbands leading to a huge population decline

>They're not going to make a remake, by your definition.
Cool, can I see your crystal ball?
>I'm done talking to you now
I was fine with the motion controls, but I know that a lot of other players had problems with it. Otherwise there wouldn't have been numerous complaints. So I figured that it would be better if Nintendo revamped them or replaced them completely for the sake of everyone being able to play the game comfortably. But if you want to be a child about it, fine.

I assumed that it was the increase in monsters
sure, they're tough, but their architecture is naturally wide open (no worry about rain, and closing doors would be stuffy and unnecessary since they surely have no concept of privacy) which means it's best if everyone lives within earshot of everyone (again not a problem for them) in case a lizalfos tries climbing in to eat your wee bairns. what did they call them in gerudogo again? vaaby?
they have tons of ruins, i think their overall kingdom was a lot bigger.. then molduga probably smashed a lot of them.

Seems like they had monsters conducting raids on the Town before and fought them off. Either which way they have the biggest army in Hyrule. I think they could have protected the city. I think stunted population growth by virtue of there not being enough men to go around seems more likely

If Zora lived in the modern world, how many Zora girls would get absurdly big breast implants, just to fit in with mammalian standards of attractiveness?

i mean, they're also the only ones who seem actively concerned with said threat. hateno has people getting mugged by bokoblins in the woods right outside the front gate.. every day. and they have no militia. i think the omnipresence of guards indicates a perceived need for security that could explain a lot

None they're perfectly suited to being great swimmers and they aren't trying to attract Hylians

It's like asking how many Gerudo would get a nose job or bleach their hair

it depends. humans are absurdly good at healing compared to other mammals, but simpler things like fish and amphibians and even some reptiles are also great at healing.. so maybe zora do surgery. we do see some scars on some, right?
good luck trying surgery on a goron though. shit aint happening.
lots, i 'spect. i wonder what the gerudo word for shiksa is

>surgery on a goron
Body sculpting salon for the "chiseled abs" look. Literally chiseled.

Zora had a full fledged war with Lizalfos at one point in their history possibly in the 10,000 year peace. I don't think the monsters now are the worst they've ever been. The Blood Moon just make all efforts useless

hmm, good point. monsters evidently just kinda happen. the land hasnt been totally monster-free lo these millennia
honestly once in a while i wonder if lizalfos might be legit natural native creatures. then I realize their intelligence just doesnt bear that out. They don't look like they're capable of making the weapons and tools they use. Not in most games anyway. they are one of the few enemies introduced in AoL that have stuck around.

Some of the games talk about a "demon tribe", and connect that tribe to Demise and Ganon. It would be very easy for all the monsters to be attributed to that tribe too. It may even be at a real place somewhere.

Googled Shiksa and the only time I could see such a term being used is if the Gerudo voe took a Hylian bride

Oh maybe they were beaten so bad they reverted to a more primitive way of life

all of them? i took that to be just -blins.
i mean some of them obviously aren't from some demon tribe because they're reanimated bodies, for example.
now zelda musou tries to make out that the lizalfos have this little society and language and everything, but I dunno..
yeah you're right, I forget the term I was thinking of but I know there is one.
>Reverted to primitivity
interesting, kinda like deku nuts. we never see their civilization, but it exists between games?

I got drunk for two hours and you pricks fell off the catalog
you guys sucks

because amneisia might as well be the same as death for your personality.
The Link Zelda fell in love with is gone, there's nothing left

that's not QUITE true.. whether in fiction or the rare case of the real thing

oddly he's the guy I want to know more of the most.

when you download the dlc pack it tells you when the stuff will be released, the dates are the extreme ends of the seasons.
Time to wait

It didn't tell me, and the rest of the internet seems unified that we don't know

but if this IS the child timeline, it dictates that the hero's journey must end in some form of misery.

they're lying

The beginning half of this game is so much more interesting than the later half. In the start, you get to mix your equipment with all the new useful stuff you find with all the old less useful stuff you need to clear away the chaff. Later, like now, half my inventory is just the same boring as fuck royal gear, and everyone drops royal gear, and there's no variety besides royal gear because that's all the standard equipment that will get me through the silver enemies and the lesser, cooler, equipment is lost because it isn't strong enough to contend with royal swords 'n' shit.

I remember feeling that way, 170 hours in
now 50 hours after that, my inventory is full of
>a bunch of hylian shields and twilight bows that I used the duplication glitch on
>some royal guard gear from the castle
>really interesting powered-up versions of weak weapons that I found in chests in the field
>some guardian shields that I just think are pretty
>amiibo weapons that I just want for cosplay
i find it helps if you just keep shit around that you feel like using. like i intentionally smash up all my claymores on rocks because i dont really like the heavy weapons, but i love spears and short swords a lot

I basically threw away all my royal guard shields so I could use something more interesting. I had to get rid of my SEVEN royal broadswords with durability+ so I could feel like I'm struggling with equipment. I'm sick of having nothing except royal bows in my inventory. I need to start a new game soon or I'm gonna lose it. Where's a good place to find Silver Bows? I only ever found one in a chest underwater

Think about it this way, m8. Whenever you see a royal weapon (that isn't way stronger than usual because of a damage boost or something), what'll happen if you just leave it?
nothing, right? there'll always be more of them
so just treat them as what they are: reliable but take-or-leave. I keep one of each on me at all times usually, but if I get a better bow or sword i'm happy to toss the 38-power royal bow or 52-power claymore (especially if they have extra durability. as if i NEED extra durability)

silver bows are solid zora-area equipment, not sure if the local enemies will still have them and not lizal bows. probably not. I definitely haven't seen them in a while.. but I got one in a chest underwater recently that was almost as strong as a royal bow
if you want better bows, shit, kill lynels. i have 2 savage lynel bows with 42 and 48 (!!) damage, and 2 that both have the standard damage but x5 arrows.

typically if you internet search for a specific item, someone will be able to tell you which enemy-skull it reliably spawns at. like the frostspear. it's out of the fuckin way but it's always there. so if you lost all of yours before that find-a-weapon quest...

Zelda fell in love because of his courage and support for her, that hasn't changed at all. And I suspect Link was always like that

I don't use Lynel weapons because I imagine that not even Link is capable of wielding a sword that's supposed to be the size of him on-handed. It's just a way of imposing a little bit of challenge on myself because otherwise I'd just fill up on 50+ strength swords and 100+ strength crushers and obliterate everything

ah, well yeah that's pretty limiting. Those are supposed to be the spice and variety of your endgame arsenal
i think it's funny how the weapons shrink when Link gets them, but the giant fucking swords are still one-handed despite not shrinking that much

>Link traveled around with Zelda in close contact all the time

Did he ever walk in on her naked?

I don't like the shrinking and growing weapons that much.
And Lynel weapons make things too easy since they're strong and durable. And really, how is Link supposed to use a crusher that a fucking Lynel has trouble swinging around?

certainly not, wouldn't be proper! but definitely in her practical and roomy knee-to-shoulder underwear.. he'd stand behind her anytime she had to treat a knee-scrape or some poison ivy or something, all that trekking out in the wild... she wouldn't mind him seeing that, it's just sensible.
and then of course when she's in her completely transparent diaphanous white gown when she's soaked in the shrine springs.. it's perfectly alright for her champion to see all that she's got through that, it's important for purity that nothing be worn under it... plus she has bigger things to focus on. but he must turn away while she removes that, wrings it out, dries off, and puts on her normal clothes again. Not one peek! and Link dutifully observes that.
of course if the spring pool happened to be calm enough to act as a mirror..

>Durable
the shields sure aren't, nor the bows
Link, on the other hand, has no such compunctions, and doesn't understand her reaction whenever he hikes up his tunic to water a bush. he was raised amongst soldiers and spent a lot of time with zoras..

Link has been drilled to know that as a bodyguard he must not develop feelings for his charge. Under no circumstance is he to love her or feel attraction to her. No matter how much she shows she cares about him, or asks about his personal feelings, or frets every time he gets hurt protecting her. He MUST not fall for his protectee. At all, no matter what the dreams in his head tell him

one hopes link's superiors aren't as blindly monolithic as zelda's dad. where would they even get that idea? everyone, especially zoras, knows that love fuels your protective powers.

But Link and Zelda are alone. Nobody would know what they could get up to in their solace.

watching gomgroomps made me realize something about the castle
the way that it's so much more like dungeons of the past is meant to, like, REPRESENT the past. and it's in ruins and shit.. and the ruins facilitate the past-iness of it, like the bombable walls to hidden rooms and the straight up miniboss-guarding-a-new-item.. all of it integrates in-universe with the ruinedness

until modern times, I think the honor system was adequate.

perhaps

Alternatively, as I saw it, it's an extension of the Ganon fight in the sense that it's a buildup to the confrontation. Ganon has been held captive for a century and in the captivity he hasn't been able to bring total ruin to the castle, he hasn't been able to raze it to the ground as an affront to his power, he hasn't been able to reduce it to dust as an insult to the heroes who came before, he hasn't been able to destroy it as a show of his dominion because he's had this broad locked up with him who's kept him in check for so long, but then he breaks free. He breaks free and suddenly he's able to do all those things except there's this guy with this sword standing in his way, and suddenly there's an indicator of just exaclty Zelda managed to stop Ganon from doing all this time.

>implying this wasn't all according to Rhoam's master plan

Link didn't have to be Zelda's knight just because he was the Hylian champion. Rhoam put them together and let them do what they wanted for a reason, he knew Zelda's powers could be triggered by her feelings. He was counting on them falling in love.

Would you?

Open wide?

Everyone harps on Link not having the Hylian Shield, or any shield at all, but the shield is a reward for defeating the stalnox in the castle, wouldn't that mean that Link never actually killed the stalnox, and was only made a knight by royal decree?

well thought
his diary doesn't bear that out, but sure!

i think it was a hinox back then...
if they were clever, all the enemies in the dungeon would have been skellys, then once defeated, the next blood moon would bring them all back as flesh versions

I think that would have gone over people's heads

oh come on even a babbu knows how skeletons work

>In the dying hours of the short, grisly war, lit by the constantly-overhead blood-red moon, the soldiers finally realize that the same monsters keep coming back over and over, but if they imprison them inside cages, they can't escape or come back
>and for some reason even if they are killed they respawn inside the very same prison cells.
>it helped that they already had a hinox chained up down there to test graduates

The Bloodmoon might not have happened until very close to the time Ganon returned.
Using the Bloodmoon to revive enemies as a trial for appointing knights of Hyrule would not have come in play until very close to then.

I'm not suggesting they were utilizing the blood moon to make a self-renewing challenge. For all we know they went out and caught new ones anytime someone managed to kill one, or their only challenge was just to defeat it (taking even a small amount of health away without using arrows or dying is pretty challenging)
I'm just suggesting it was alive 100 years ago but has sat rotting in the dunge and became undead. and it would have been neat if all the ones in the dungeon were like that. but I guess it would have made a much weaker challenge... whereas the actual challenge of the dungeon area was significant, especially given the close quarters, the malice, and the fact that the fucking moriblin wasn't locked in, but didn't let you know that right away (i dont think they have good room-pathfinding since it's almost never necessary)

On the subject of Hyrule Castle, I did a very thorough search through the interior because there's something that's been nagging at me.

In Hyrule Castle, there is a Goron boulder basher in a closed off area and a silverscale spear in the hands of a moblin. As the boulder basher is in an area that is being excavated, presumably it was in the hands of a worker when the castle fell. As the spear has been disturbed by the moblin, its original location can't be determined. Most importantly, however, there is a rito bow in the Guard's training room. This leads me to conclude that the royal guard trained with the weapons of the other species in order to be not shit at fighting. Link, compared to the rest of the guard, is a special case because he's the son of the royal guard, probably a higher-up official, so instead of being trained only at the castle, he was sent to the actual domains of the other species to learn fighting skills there. From the Zora he learned spearwork, from the Rito he learned archery, from the Goron he learned, probably, endurance, and from the Gerudo he learned nothing because they have no presence in the castle, as I found no Gerudo weapons.

This gives an explanation as to why Link would have met and befriended the Zora Princess when he was young, as he would have been a student of spearwork around the same time she was, and as students they would have ample opportunity to interact and become friends with each other. Eventually they separated, Link found the Master Sword and Mipha became the champion as Vah Ruta was discovered and they were brought together again, only to die apart.

that makes a bizarre amount of sense.
dont forget too the zora and sheikah weapons are explicitly said to include some which hylians love, like the zora greatsword whose name escapes me, and the edge of duality forged specifically to suit their double-edged sensibilities (Which apparently don't extend to the aforementioned zora sword)

I always thought the castle just had all the weapons you needed to remake the Champion weapons but I also haven't found any Geurdo stuff.