/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 26th of May:
47 BC – Julius Caesar visits Tarsus on his way to Pontus, where he meets enthusiastic support, but where, according to Cicero, Cassius is planning to kill him at this point.
1538 – Geneva expels John Calvin and his followers from the city. Calvin lives in exile in Strasbourg for the next three years
1644 – Portuguese Restoration War: Portuguese and Spanish forces both claim victory in the Battle of Montijo.
1940 – World War II: Operation Dynamo: In northern France, Allied forces begin a massive evacuation from Dunkirk, France

>News
CK2 DD 53 - Rhythm is a lancer
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-53-rhythm-is-a-lancer.1024061/

EU4 DD 23/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-23rd-of-may-2017.1024304/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/6cywil/im_really_starting_to_sour_on_paradoxs_general/)
youtube.com/watch?v=r9No8kVSXqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=40SDvFVXku8
youtube.com/watch?v=aULM7vv8llk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

BASED

w&b

Non white and not based

white men

What mod

Wrong infopic

Why am I not outraged and will continue to buy Paradox products (and I am probably not alone). I write this in relation to the latest outrage of this subreddit in particular about the DLC-model of Paradox. Because I like discussion and I couldn't agree with those posts more, I thought that I will write a counter-argument. I hope that at least a few people will agree. This more or less adirect answer to [this](reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/6cywil/im_really_starting_to_sour_on_paradoxs_general/) First, I will go into my opinions, then I will go into the community in general. Third I will add other things I wanted to write. **Is Paradox buisness model worse than before?** Not for me. People are often saying that the expansion for Victoria 2 were big and significant and full of bug fixes. I refuse to pay for bugfixes. I will not pay a cent for bug fixes, this makes no sense. Especially that these DLC didn't fix long lasting bugs either and it also created new bugs that are still there (see the colonisation clogs). And those expansions were not just bugfixes with a few features. They made the game playable at all in the first place, and I mean on a technical level for some cases. Still, Victoria 2 ist absolutly full of problems. I can't imagine playing without HPM now. So no, I prefer that game gets patched all along and if I do not like the feature then I just don't buy the DLC but get the patch for free. Now I also recognise that this "tweaking" attitude can be annoying and have some problems. But I like it much more than the other one. **Are the games really that bad?** To be honest, only sales can judge. And they increase. This is horrible for some, but if something sells, then this will be the main indicator for a company. I read a comment saying, Hoi4 should have been a colossal failure. But there is the point, I LIKE the game, it was worth my money and apparently, I am not alone. I still need a few update to say "this is better than eu4", but...

Looks like M&T map

No.

How do I get africa mod to work wiht hpm?

I think it has HPM in it already
You don't need to run both

What happened to that infopic with the flags above it? It's been a while since I've seen it floating around. It looked pretty nice

>playing bloat mod

Never heard of it.

I had so much fun playing the commonwealth nations in TfV that I clocked another 150 hours at release. Was the time worth my money? Absolutly. And if you watch the sales and also how a lot of people react, I don't think the outrage is coming from a majority. But later on that. Eu4 and Ck2 have huge fanbases. Stellaris gathered quite an impressive community and after Utopia, also wide aclaim.
**Is the buisness model actually horrible without looking at the past?**
This is trickier. I play also some games all around and there is one thing that I noticed. The amount of hours of fun per euro is far higher than in other games that I bought/played. There are of course other even more crazy stuff like some CS:GO players, LoL or Dwarf Fortress, but Paradox games are still VERY positive in that regard, even buying all the cosmetics. Just look at the latest game prices and the amount of hours you get from them. Is this a reason to buy everything blindly? NO. But for me, as a consumer, if some content is interesting for me (not everything is, I still don't care about aztecs) I will gladly buy it because Paradox products are a good deal for me and I have the buck to buy it. If it isn't, then do not buy it.
**Are they really completly ignoring the community?**
This is where I am wondering the most about this sub. The AI in Hoi4 actually got better, now it actually managed to encircle me etc. Once I wrote to podcat on a thread that Australia is hard to play because Japan tries depseratly to take the island despite that Indonesia makes much more sense for them, putting Japan in a stupid position and Australia in a very annoying position. Guess what? He said they are working on it and now it is fixed. The AI is one thing, but air and naval combat is another and it is just clunky and not fun. They are updating the air combat. For free. "It should have been from the beginning!".

Playing as flanders in 1450 MEIOU 2.0 beta
got Administrative, leadership and cultuyre ideas, what should my 4th idea group be

Based
shitposter

Offensive

and there comes the main point: if the game had to be released in this state right now, it would come out now. For people wanting it this way, they can as well wait a year after release and then buy it. Or not buying it at all. The "country pack" idea was released after the blitz command being in TfV, so they said: now mechanics are free, flavor is in the DLC. I this is not a reaction to the community, what would be one?
For me, paradox is one of the most transparent companies out there and this is something I value highly, especially watching other companies in the buisness.
**Is the community actually that outraged?**
I don't think so. I saw a comment today saying that the community is pissed. Well, a part of the Paradoxplaza sub is. But this is only a part. This sub, is the main game discussion sub for: Vic2, DH and Hoi3. Eu4, Stellaris, Hoi4 and Ck2 tend to discuss in their own subs. This means, that the subs often tends to take the "it was better before" approach, thinking that all of the community agrees. And this is a problem because the concerns of the poeple of the ck2 sub are completly different than what people here tend to say. Monks and Mystics took a lot of flak but for reasons that people never even imagine on Paradoxplaza. And those other parts of the community also respond often positivly, for exemple, after the M&M debacle, it calmed down, a big free update came, people are still not extremly happy but are calmer than before. i also remind you that Rights of Men and Reaper's Due were extremly well recieved. So be careful when you speak that this game or this DLC was bad, some of what was quoted was actually very well recieved. Especially Stellaris grew a surprisingly big fanbase despite that the other thread is basically destroying the game.
**Why do i write this?**
I don't know. I don't want to defend a company, it is a company after all. But it is more a call to be cautious, calm and civil while discussing....

Quantity

It was only floating around in the threads, no threads were ever actually made with it, thanks to r&i and his enablers. iirc it had a Rhodesian and a Prussian flag above it and some sort of crest

and if Paradox releases another Monks and Mystics, I will also throw tomatoes on them in the right time.
**PS**

Of crap, after such a novel I just noticed the horrible mistake in the title. I guess I deserve a shaming for that one. There should be a special english writing help for french people like me.

this one?

Here's a better idea then: stop playing meme/bloat mods

No, see

Nice job deleting the non R&I one, dumb janny

you do know MEIOU was accepted until Demaian came out as Jewish right?

The Ottomemes attacked me way too early. RIP.

Shitposter group BTFO
Based mods

It was always a shitty mod made by subhuman SJW cunts.

Thanks mods.

Rate my borders.

I might try and make a 'GoT in 15th century' or post White Walker invasion mod based on this, might work with EU4 mechanics better

No, it wasn't. It wasn't accepted even when they were a separate mod.

White and Based just like meiou

Get fucked T*rks.

t. happy R&I pro

You're bringing in hundreds of clueless r*dditor newshits that flock right away to the newer games EU4 and Goy$.

How do I add mandate of heaven in my cream api ?

Use a normal crack

>r&i and his enablers
You mean Steamcordplaza?

La Plata

We own this thread, What are you going to do about it?

steamcord is rabidly pro-shitposting though
reminder that anyone that mentions "r&i" "alex grandi" or "grandi youth" is steamcord

As the north german federation do I have to sphere austria before forming Germany to have it incoporated into germany?

Y
E
E
H
A
W

Do you like my map gsg-chan

I had to cut the pacific off due to filesize restrictions

>blobbing
Do it, lad

Hitlermod when?

>that turkey
"No"

>independent czechs
>Pooland owns Danzig corridor and Posen
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

>steamcord is rabidly pro-shitposting though
Yeah, and his message just encourages it. Look at the OP, it already says to report and ignore shitposting.
>We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
>Report and ignore it.
Steamcordplaza adopted that as their mantra and now use it as a rallying call.

Hungary is too small
Turkey needs to be Groß

Wait what ?
Its normal pre WW2 map simply with someone owning Mexico and half of Africa and Oceania ..
Whats so special about it ?

Why wouldn't the Czech people be independent, user

Why would Poland not own Gdańsk

I'm finding your criticism entirely worthless

His reminder followed by an assload of le ebin white and based posts is the epitome of reddit tier shitposting though.

>Iraq, sinai and cyprus are not a part of greater syria

0/10

is that a pan-nigger union in latin-america and africa or did you just not paint it?

janny works for us, cuck

>make antipope
>push his claim
>cuck the pope out of the papacy
>invite him to my court a year later
>let him sit there until he dies
>get free bones of st. peter

Uh oh

Not sure how to answer this

Given that every other country does not have province borders inside, take a guess

>falklands not exclusively british
Fuck off.

I'd give Germany Elsaß and South Tirol tßh

WUZ

The Malvinas are 100% Argentine
Germany deserves nothing

What was the first nation/character/etc you felt like you really learned the game and knew what you were doing on, /gsg/?

Come and take them, Spico.

>MOM PEOPLE ARE HAVING FUN IN WAYS I DON'T LIKE

>no rhodesia

Dont you mean Zimbabwe friend

>someone actually wasted time on making this pic

I feel pity for you dear maker of that image.

>Uh oh
>
>Not sure how to answer this

Was it suppose to be some epic Vic 2 export or what ?
Srsly, i dont see anything exciting about that pic.

Post based music for blobbing

youtube.com/watch?v=r9No8kVSXqQ

South Africa was unironically absolutely based under Apartheid. First world tier. Now it's just another shithole

Should I go Revolutionary as Zoroastrian Persia?

t. white """"people"""

Corbyn will hand them over June 9th

>wiping out the ottomans
Not based nor white

Should I change my capital from Genoa?

Should I colonize the new world?

Rate my Genoa + vassals so far.

Prisoners aren't allowed to make political decisions.

White and Based

Based Erdogan

These R&I threads are always pure shitposting.

France in EU4.

I used to always play small, weak nations in EU4, such as Champa or Crimea. The one time I played the Ottomans it was my first, and even though I was very strong, I did not truly understand how to manage my manpower (atrittion/sieges/terrain/etc). So it went poorly.

With France, you literally experience everything in EU4:
>Unique events/ideas
>War in all fronts
>Colonization
>Reformation
>HRE
>Trade
>Fun and challenging achievos.

I don't know, I haven't found another nation as fun as them to play desu.

>"Mom... I posted it again..."

True heirs to the Roman Empire/10

>start as France
>their infantry model looks super cool
>can't keep it because guns will exist eventually
fuggg

youtube.com/watch?v=40SDvFVXku8
youtube.com/watch?v=aULM7vv8llk

did this dank meme come before or after the stellaris version

>tfw you remember talking about how South Africa was a decent place to live when you were a kid
>you hadn't realized South Africa ceased to be good in the early 90's

Fuck off t.urks

Do events undo these reforms?

Turks are based

You're from sudafrikkkums?

t.E*ropoorean
>tfw will never autisticly play vic 2 with other turks

We need the spics to fight off the t*rks

fuck drumpf and fuck white people