/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General - Trannies not allowed edition

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users are receiving LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play and use of the Friend List. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works.
There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment. Some sources report that a few non-hacked 3DS also got banned.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (guide in the Pastebin), but be careful, as this could potentially lead to another ban. All of the currently public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B files have been banned.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/12/nintendo-3ds-exploit-bounty/
youtube.com/watch?v=qWnied-Z4s4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3rd for loituma is the tranny

Any new updates since last night around midnight?

Just woke up.

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

When will the tranny speak up?

>female (male)

Is the PokeBank included in "other online services like Miiverse" or does the ban include that?

Remember L(OIT)UMA. And OIT stands for "Obviously I'mma Tranny"

>THE TRANNY SOLD US OUT!

Are there people who were not banned during the first day that are banned now? Is there any evidence of a banwave?

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG TO FIND THE EXACT CAUSE OF THE BANS??

Pokébank is included, so if you're banned, you'll need to buy another 3DS to transfer your pokémon off.

Banwaves are fake

How the fuck could we.

>SHINY QUAGSIRE AND PINGO TEAMED UP TO SELL US OUT
SHINY QUAGSIRE AND PINGO TEAMED UP TO SELL US OUT

the people "working" on finding the cause are in on it

it's over. the 3ds scene is dead.

There have been people who stated that they weren't banned a few hours ago then checked again and they were banned but they posted no proof so at this point it's anyone's guess.

Maybe if you instead contributed info somewhere and type all caps on Veeky Forums, we'd be closer to finding the common thing in all the bans you gigantic sperg.

Go to ask to Ninty

IT IS IWATA'S GHOST, DONT YOU SEE

Whoa...

I already have another 3ds. I still don't know if I'm banned, but if I was, I could just link my NNID on the other 3DS and get my pokemon from that?

i think nintendo might have done it

and not just*
Fuck.
I think, yes, since as far as I'm aware it's linked to your NNID. But I'd use PKSM or another homebrew banking app instead of the official one. PKSM can import from all 3DS compatible carts (so gen 4 and up), and it also has all of the gifts so you can inject stuff like Mewnium Z as many times as you'd like.

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

The only thing sustaining me now is waiting to see the fallout when the kids on tumblr start freaking out about being banned

Post yfw you're not banned

LEAVE AURORA WRIGHT ALONE FOR FUCK SAKE! YOU STUPID Veeky Forums PEDOPHILES!

b-but muh injections

Why should I contribute anything? I'm not banned.

I UNDERSTAND NOW

Has anyone been banned these past 5 hours or so? Do we have any idea whether the ban wave is still going on or not?

I UNDERSTAND NOW

We have had tons and tons and tons and tons of polls. And all of them are fucking worthless. They're bringing us nowhere.
I think the best way to do this is to use multiple 3DS consoles that have been hacked for the first time in the last few days and we installed and used ONE popular homebrew .cia on each one of them. This would reveal for which homebrew they check (if that's what they do, it seems the most plausible situation to me) and then we could change the title ID and all of the other unique data of said .cia so that we could use it again without any problem.
Well, until Nintendo catches up and moves to the new one or another homebrew .cia.
>inb4 3ds "malware" pirated games rebuilt specifically to use that one ID that gets you banned

schrodinger's 3DS
I havent had my 3DS on in a while, but have done stuff that should get it banned.

Im not going to check until the banwave is over and the cause has been found

I am also on Schroedinger's 3DS right now. I got an N3DS non XL and those are a bitch to get because Ninty assumes us Burgerfats want handhelds to match our population. Fuckers.

>being on a dumbass's 3ds
mlao what a retard

This is a good idea, but the issue is we don't know for sure that it is a homebrew .cia tripping up the flag. What if it's a specific titlekey? A file on the NAND? Dumping the bootroms?
I'm sure the surveys will have a purpose down the line and that people who actually know and give a shit about 3DS hacking will come to a conclusion. Whetever that is positive or negative is still up in the air, though.

it wasnt the tranny or JUST
it was yiffian all along

Same here, except I AM banned.
>tfw hands are too small for an XL

same, both mine and my gf's 3DSs have stayed off since last week and I disabled the wireless with the router unplugged. Gonna ride this out until it's all settled and done.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
YIFANLU SOLD US OUT

Guys, what is your 3ds currently doing?
>on desk
>turned on
>wifi off

I stand by my point that the inner circles of the 3DS hacking scene have been compromised.
How many of these people do you seriously think would say no to that $20k bounty? I'm completely convinced that there is a mole that's collecting IDs through something like freeShop or another homebrew and supplying Nintendo with them. It only makes sense.

Well at least we got cool faceplates. What ones did you get?

no. ninty expects the majority of gamers in the US to be men, not women.

>pull out my old DS-lite
>literally gasp when I realize that I used to play mario kart online with that tiny little shit
I bet when I get a switch, I'll be saying the same about my 3ds XL. but the vita looks to be the perfect size for a portable device.

>even kotaku caught wind (and linked here lol)
>still no article on wololo

WOLOLO SOLOLOLD US OUT

>banned
>don't play Monster Hunter; enjoy Pokemon's single player
>enjoying 3DS games

>I'm sure the surveys will have a purpose down the line and that people who actually know and give a shit about 3DS hacking will come to a conclusion.
Not really, it's just a bunch of useless, random data. Add to that that there are most likely people who replied to the poll with purposefully wrong info as a joke/to make it harder to figure out (there were shitposters on /v/ talking about doing this) and people who don't understand that their setup does not matter if they were using a public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and you've got a complete mess.

>This is a good idea, but the issue is we don't know for sure that it is a homebrew .cia tripping up the flag. What if it's a specific titlekey? A file on the NAND? Dumping the bootroms?
Sure, but we need to start from somewhere. That was just a suggestion. All of that would be way more useful than random polls, but obviously harder to organize.

>enjoy Pokemon's single player
What the fuck

>But I'd use PKSM or another homebrew banking app instead of the official one.
I'll probably do that, the problem is that I have some currently in the bank, and for whatever reason I can't even download the bank to get into it because of an error code (I don't think I'm banned either, my friendlist is working normally)

>20k bounty
nigga, I'd rat on family members for that amount of money. can you blame them?

>there is a mole that's collecting IDs through something like freeShop
Is that possible?. Because freeshop is open source now. I guess someone on Nintendo could just get it and use it to detect pirates

What 20k bounty?

In my hands, playing a few more hunts online in MH4U just in case my ban comes through

And maybe the reason the bans are random is that they only sold maybe 1/3 or half of their IDs for cheaper, just to show Nintendo it works, and are now charging more for the rest.

>selling out your friends and allies for a year's rent
Some people are scum with no honor.

>he didnt see the bug bounty

Derek did it

arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/12/nintendo-3ds-exploit-bounty/

Question

There is an unban method which involves a console that must have done a system transfer to get movable.sed

Does this method works only for the source console, target console or both?

In december of last year I bought a n3ds and I left the o3ds forgotten, not without first doing a system transfer between them.

So, my n3ds is at greater risk of being banned and I want to prepare myself ;_;

I guess that kinda makes sense. I just wanted faceplates and SNES colored buttons. Oh man, I used to play MKDS on a DSPhat and that bitch was the best for snaking. I had to move to a DSlite and that fuckers shoulders are the worst, I fucking burnt the L&R out.

>These levels of delusion.
You motherfuckers need to go outside.

>people with over 2000 hours in MH4U/XX
>can no longer play online
I know we're degenerate pirates, but this shit makes me feel sad. I hope this ban is only temp for everyone.

Currently, it's playing ゲームセンターCX 有野の挑戦状.

It doesn't have to be freeShop, that was just an example. It could be literally any piece of software and wouldn't be terribly hard to mask.

My idea on how a newly modded 3DS could avoid getting banned:
In case the bans keep coming.
LocalFriendCodeSeed_B is the file that gets banned. Assuming that
-if you delete it/replace it with an invalid one (or an already banned one) your original unbanned one is safe
-the exploits you use and the CFW aren't what causes the ban
we could let people who are still safe let it stay like that by using both a sysnand and a rednand. This way, one of them could be left without your personal LocalFriendCodeSeed_B (or completely offline in case you want to be 100% sure) where you use all of your homebrew software and pirated games and one that you keep using legitimately that will never get banned.
Even then, if I'm right you could still use a public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B on your non-"legit" NAND, because that's the LocalFriendCodeSeed_B they're going to detect and ban, and not your personal one, that you keep using for "legit" purposes.

I downloaded the CIA for Echoes DLC back on Day 1 and now more DLC is out and when I try to open it in the DLC menu it still says "Coming Soon"
Do I need to download another CIA to use it?

Asking again because whatever user told me last time didnt work

is this why old DSes are so expensive on ebay right now

Did you expect honor from people who spend their free time enabling and stealing other peoples hard work?

REMINDER THAT IT'S SERVER SIDE AND REFUSING TO CHECK IS JUST DELAYING THE INEVITABLE

YOU'RE ALREADY FUCKED REGARDLESS OF IF YOU GO ONLINE OR NOT AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL SAVE YOURSELF THE DISSAPOINTMENT AND CHECK YOUR FRIEND LIST NOW

nice try, reggie

If it's telling me to update when I check my friendslist am I fine? It should just straight up tell me to fuck off if I'm banned, right?

>Not really, it's just a bunch of useless, random data. Add to that that there are most likely people who replied to the poll with purposefully wrong info as a joke/to make it harder to figure out (there were shitposters on /v/ talking about doing this) and people who don't understand that their setup does not matter if they were using a public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and you've got a complete mess.
Fuck, you're right, I forgot not everyone is technically competent for a moment there. Anyway, the number of 3DSs hit is pretty big, I'm sure people are working on something.
Maybe Aurora and the other moralfags can put that fake moralfaggotry away for a few days to help the scene out (as much as this drama filled mess can be called a proper scene).
Was that ever translated or is anyone working on it?

>we know its server side
>we dont know what triggers the flags yet

>go ahead and get online and use nintendos friend service!

>majority of ninty people are unashamed weebs
>implying $20k wouldn't make their dream of visiting nipland come true, allowing them to finally weeb out and lust on jap girls in the for real reals instead of just on the internet

>Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, because I am an exploit developer and I do it for fun.

Money does not belong here and there should be honor among thieves.

You'll get error code 002-0102 when you open your friend list if you're banned.

Guess I'm still good then, thanks

>Was that ever translated or is anyone working on it?
I know that the sequel got a fan translation. Dunno about the first game, though. But I doubt it, to be desu.

>honor among thieves
I like you.

>Are you banned?
>Did you use doodlebomb?

You can come over to my house and fuck my sister.

The first one got an official release, but since no one/barely anyone knew Game Center CX was a thing, it didn't do well and the rest was never localized.
Yes
No

Now, yes. You could've just posted it, I was going through the archives to look for it.

Is she your sister (male)?

No
No

>Aurora
>not a dramafaggot for a few days
Never ever.

Even if the bounty was $50,000, I still wouldn't rat you faggots out. I'd still be sad and lonely as fuck even if I had money.

youtube.com/watch?v=qWnied-Z4s4

You want 3DS malware? All these are possible:
>unlinking your ownership of all your legitimate eShop titles
nim:s, 0x00220080
Needs to fish through local ticket.db and check if the ticket is well-signed and not for console id 0, I guess
>formatting your 3DS
fs:USER, 0x08430000
>ransomware
Requires ARM9 access, then it can hold your CTRNAND hostage and persist as sighax payload
>hard bricking
Possible and I'm not gonna spoonfeed you

I'm not even done yet.

>not banned as of 12pm today
>on playing mhgen because I still haven't moved on since playing an out of region game online seemed like a bad idea
>wifi still off though
Feels good man.

If this was Vegas and all of you were placing bets on what caused the ban, what would you put your money on?
>freeshop

I case the bans keep coming, this is my idea on how a newly modded 3DS could avoid getting banned:
LocalFriendCodeSeed_B is the file that gets banned. If we assume that
-if you don't use your private LocalFriendCodeSeed_B (= remove from your NAND) it is safe
-the exploits you use and the CFW aren't what triggers the ban
we could let people who aren't banned let them stay like that by using both a sysNAND and a redNAND.

This way one of the NANDs would use a LocalFriendCodeSeed_B that won't hurt them too much if it gets banned, like a public one. This NAND is where they keep all of the homebrews, mods and pirated games. Alternatively, they leave it completely offline if they don't care.
The other NAND would have to appear completely legit: no homebrew, no mods, no piracy, all of this while using your original, private LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, that presumably won't get banned with this method.

freeshop

>How many of these people do you seriously think would say no to that $20k bounty?
$20k tops is extremely low, almost an insult. Compare it with Google or Microsoft.

I've never played anything online, never connected an NNID on this 3DS, never even checked friendslist before today, and only ever installed A9lh+luma and downloaded games from the freeShop
Perfectly fine.