Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com
Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Um3aL_VDC8I
motorsport.com/motogp/news/motogp-too-expensive-for-us-says-kawasaki/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Motorcycle show model is actually attractive for once, doesn't look like a crack whore or a runway skeleton
>The bike she's modeling on is ugly as fuck

goddamnit

still no grom

I'd like to make her life a ride if you know what I mean

Someone fap together with me so I can go to sleep.

Sorry man I'm on day 5 of nofap

Comfy couch bikes ftw.

How much did you pay for those crash bars, they don't look very protective

KLR250 or DR350

Can't decide gents

Road glide is better, but at least you got the the matte black.

If that's not yours though I'm going to laugh and call you a cruisercuckfag.

I think around 200cad - SW motech good stuff.
I crashed my previous XR a couple of times and they worked well, only scuffing up the aux lights because they stuck out and bunch with the beak mounts.

In the highside that totaled the bike, the fairing was only damaged because the handlebar slammed into it

Pic related

The heavy dutiest crash cages I've seen have built in pistons that absorb the crash energy. Shit's pretty impressive.

Apparently 13lbs too. Probably hollow or latticed. No clue. $400.

That bike needs some oil

How do you like the XR?

I still gotta get me a helmet lock like this. And or maybe a cable-type lock for my jacket and vest? For pic related style locks you use the seat lock to secure the D ring underneath. But it isn't hard at all to cut a helmet strap, it also prevents helmet drops. So I'd put a cable lock around the chin bar and through the sleeves of my jacket and vest. Sounds awfully messy though.

I do live in the subhuman nigger-spic hybrid infested shithole that is NYC.

Post your crash webm pls

I'm a total newfag when it comes to mechanical stuff, but I want to learn. I currently have a Husaberg 650e that needs it's fuel lines swapped. Any resources or youtube videos/channels you guys can spoonfeed me to teach me how to do this? Is there any real difference in the process of swapping a Husaberg 650e and literally any other bike's fuel lines?

Enough that I bought it twice. I seriously considered the SDGT for a while, but decided against it for reasons I posted in a previous thread. The XR for me is pretty much the best all rounder street bike available even though it's pretty much parts bin thrown together. Definitely not for dirt despite it's adv marketing.

I will soon. I was waiting for insurance to pay out first, and need to track down the clip. My dad posted privately on his YouTube channel already so I may just get that since I'm lazy.

I didnt know you rekt. Where and what bike?

Sorry only fuel lines I know about are the ones sandniggers fight over.

My little Buell xb12r.

In town I was in a hurry since I got called into work on my day off.
Somehow decided it was a good idea to heavily accelerate from a stand still when making a left turn and high sided. I was uninjured thankfully, but was a pain to do a month without a bike.

Same spot with the previous XR

Noice. How is it?
Do you have to take it to HD for servicing or DIY?

>Somehow decided it was a good idea to heavily accelerate from a stand still when making a left turn
Exact same thing happened to me but it was a lowside.

>buy a euro bike with a big engine
>literally can not stop crashing
>highside and total bike
>buy the exact same bike again

So, what's next?

Kek
In all fairness the other times were from riding in this last pretty bad winter. The first being I got caught in a snow storm.
I was planning on waiting another 3 years when the next model update comes out before I write this one off

They don't come with traction control?

Seems like you go on a lot of group rides.

Traction control still won't overcome the laws of physics as I've found out. When I highsided I was in dynamic mode so the DTC kicks in later.
Been going on more group rides lately since my dad has gotten involved with the local scene. They end up being pretty comfy: find new places on the island and have lunch.
You get to meet people like granny busa

Where are you from?

Most HD places won't touch it. No two parts interchange from a sporty to a Buell. I know a guy who used to be a Buell technician but for the most part it's just DIY. I've got all the parts and maintenance manuals. It's an absolute treat to ride. The front end is light, the low end torque is very usable around town. Stop light to stoplight she haul ass but she leaves a little to be desired in the neighborhood of top speed. Front end feels a little too light anywhere over 100mph. I Wouldn't recommend for anyone wanting a track bike but if you're looking for a affordable, unique, throaty tractor sounding air-cooled v twin bike that doesn't weigh 600 pounds I'd recommend a Buell xb12r.

Vancouver island, BC.
It's a nice place to live, and ride year round (until I wreck)

I've only been on one group ride and it was with a bunch of squids doing wheelies down main streets in Vancouver so I dipped out.

Did you ever make it to mission speedway?

This exactly happened to me. Seems like being in a jiffy causes a lot of crashes. I've come to realize mental state is huge on riding, be it angrily due to road rage or using riding as an outlet or being stressed from being short on time. We're stupid fuckers aren't we.

Yeah I was frustrated when it started to rain (which didn't help traction) and had to turn back.

Yeah avoid those squid rides.

Good friends are hard to come by. Though having a common denominator of riding offers alot of opportunities and a whole new world.

I usually just ride with my brother and roommate since I have no friends.

My bikes been in the shop for about a month and a half though and I'm starting to lose my mind. I just know I'm going to get it back right when the 9 months of rain starts.

I didn't unfortunately since I had the crash a few weeks prior.
The guys at Westwood were nice enough to give me a refund, but I was pretty choked since they only have a couple days each year.
We have our own squiddies here too, which was why I was hesitant to get into it in the first place. Retirees are pretty chill though provided they're not on Harley's, and tend to have a good amount of experience while not being out there to prove anything.

Yeah that's an important lesson to learn - never be in a hurry when you're traveling, especially on 2 wheels.

Stop crashing motorcycles.

Brohams
How bad of an idea would It be to slap on hard RSV forks while i still have a soft rear shock?

Assuming you didnt misquote mine happened when I road raged and ran a red that had just changed and gave it way too much throttle plus a double manhole cover. It was the first time I rode without my jacket too so I rashed my elbow. It wasnt too bad though because I mainly slid on my ass and pulled up my elbow that was dragging the asphalt when I felt the rashing. Had frame sliders too so I picked up the bike and my spaghetti and got the fuck out of there. My bike almost slid into the car waiting at the other side of the light though.

I was nobike and nocar for 10 months after I crashed going 90 back in sept 2016. Shit threw me off so bad I went back to being depressed and thinking of killing myself and spent all of my paychecks in whole on drugs the moment I got them. Ive only solved it partly by riding illegally with no insurance on someone else's bike. It's a long story but the bike is impossible to insure due to it being financed by a retard.

I was wearing a down jacket my mom had just gotten me for my birthday with a compression shirt underneath it for armour when I went down. Tore up the elbow of it and the back left. Left a trail of feathers the whole way home as they kept flying out, it was pretty much empty by the time I got back.

Bike got a little rashed and a bent clutch lever but saved by my frame sliders. Some big burly Harley rider stopped and helped me collect my spaghetti before I took off.

Buy an airbag vest and you can crash as many as you want :^)

The feathers part made me smile lmao.

Should let me know next time you're in Vancouver we can meet up and do the sea to sky or something.

What do you mean by compression shirt? Ive been considering moisture wicking clothes because I sweat myself silly to the point of it being a risk of dehydration and heat exhaustion on rides and my gf wears compression shorts under her skirts but ive never heard of compression clothes for protection. I do have thermals for winter riding too.

Yeah looking back on it the whole thing was pretty funny but at the time I was super upset.

Ended up only costing me like $50 in parts and I still sold the bike for more than I bought it for.

That is nerdy as fuck.
T. Just discovered the magic of d3o. You know it's hard WHEN YOU HIT SOMETHING?
THAT'S LIKE THAT SPACE ARMOR THEY BANNED BECAUSE IT DOESN'T STOP A .556.

That does happen I riced and modded my old cbr250r that I bought for 3k so much that it looked more expensive than it was, and people would be willing to pay for that. Especially since it was an entry level bike too first timers dont know shit about buying a bike and would just be too busy getting wet about being tantalized by one.

It was this thing. Nice because you can just wear anything over top of it but it doesn't protect you much against sliding which my friend found out when he completely destroyed it when he crashed wearing it.

The knockoff under armor at target isn't terrible. Full sleeve version keeps a breezy, wicking layer all the way down.

And high end gear companies make padded underwear/shirts. Target is cheaper, though.

Armored shirts do look pretty good, expensive as fuck but would definitely consider one. Id imagine theyd help hold the CE armor in jackets and pants if they make bottoms better, I have problems with them not being where they need to be and staying in place.

Also thats the airbag vest it inflates via c02 canister when you fly off your bike so it doesnt look like that regularly, nerd. If you want protection look into it.

I'll try mom!

Been wanting to get one, but we seem to have no retailers in Canada. How do you like yours? Tested it yet?

Funny you say that. I'm heading up on Friday late afternoon for the long weekend to play in a chess tournament. Shoot me a text 2508843338 and we can go for a ride

I got the Helite Turtle off revzilla. It was 650 usd. Love it and am quite proud of having one but wearing it means no back air ventillation from my jackets. Its somewhat heavy too due to having a massive upgradeable solid back protector and the 60cc c02 canister + mechanism. The weight issue is minimal though. I feel confident in the safety of it and wear it on every ride now. You also can't sow club patches on it so I put my patch on my jacket shoulder instead. No biggie.

I have a clip of testing it on fb but Veeky Forums doesnt allow links, you can add me under Michael Choi if you like. We could chat or have gay sex.

Thanks for the info bud. The black looks good wasn't a fan of the hivis version. I'd add you but I'm a total aspire and don't have fb

It's not gay if there's no eye contact.

Fb is pure cancer I only use it for group ride organization and messenger. You're fine. The helite vest also offers ribs, neck, chest, and kidney protection. I chose the helite over the spidi full dps revzilla also has because of the 200$ cheaper price tag and much better back protection. The spidi looks like it has better neck stabillization though. But Its uglier imo due to hi vis accents. Also the helite has like $25 cash back if you buy it from revzilla. Their rewards program only goes up to 600 though so buy the spare c02 canisters seperate. Honestly I think everyone should have one of these.

Also another problem is you cant wear a backpack over it or anything at all. I crashed wearing a motorcycle backpack once upon a time. Theyre pretty sturdy with chest and waist straps and I miss wearing mine.

I remember that ISIS execution video where they dragged a guy behind a truck until he died.

So apparently you CAN die from road rash. Go figure.

Also I have seen guys rashed down to the bone, doesn't look fun.

What is the best bike for someone who has nothing left in life, including money?

Gotta go fast
Gotta corner fast
But gotta be cheap to own and maintain until I croak with my head literally up my ass at the bottom of a canyon

Busa with or without turbo

Cheap japscrap

Unfortunately motorcycling is a very expensive hobby.

Put a 50cc 4 stroke engine kit on a bicycle or buy a salvaged bike and hope it runs.

Can I get a (You)?

Is it possible that my motorcycle jacket don't have removable guards? If yes, how do I clean it without fucking up the protection?

will this edition feature 250 discussion and squid n00dz?

it was only now when you called it an 'XR' that i noticed they ripped off the name of the best bikes honda ever made

anyone ever toured long distance on a sportbike?

yes that's very much possible

it's probably behind some cloth or a net
cut open the cloth or the net _above_ the protection so it works like a pocket
when you put the protection back after cleaning, tape it, glue it, sew it or whatever

>BMW
>ripping off japan and one upping them all in one go

Nothing new

>fufufu you germans could never compete with grorious nippon you only make tractor motorcycles like the americans
>*S1000R*
>KIISAMA

>costs twice as much
fuck germans
t. german

>most powerful in its class

The germans are the ones doing the fucking.

Maybe if Japan didn't build their streetgoing superbikes to a price point, they could beat it, and then germany would one up them again with a light, sharp handling schnitzelbusa.

A 2 stroke 125cc dirt bike.
they are basically death machines.
they only make 30-35hp but they only make that power at max rpm so the only way you can possibly ride one is as fast as the bike can possibly go so it is always going to be exciting.

>started vocational school for my CDL last week
>testing for my permit later this morning
>Working midnight to 8am
>Class from 5pm-9pm
>lol no sleep
>qt girl who works for one of the local farms comes into my work to chat me up
>Werner Enterprises still blowing up my phone
>Shitbox no longer has insurance so it's been bike life all the time
>Regularly riding around in 110F+
>Have a wicked farmer's tan around wrists because squid life

How have you guys been, /dbt/?

WAT

>most powerful in its class
which class exactly?

the s1000r is the most powerful litre peter.
this is well known even among people who do not keep up with road bikes.

None, motorcycles are expensive and everyone who thinks they are not expensive soon ends up on a forum complaining about the price of replacement parts.

owning a motorcycle is for people who already have large amounts of disposable income, not beta numales who still live with their over protective parents.

>filename
Because the DR650 is the best beginner bike of all time.

it's all the tires and chains, and replacing fucked plastics

buy a shaft driven cruiser and things get cheap

when and how was that determined? I wonder
As I see it the H2 has the stronger engine, but only by a bit, more hp and nm
and that's the road version
the H2R utterly destroys it in every way

unless you take the price into consideration (the H2 is waaay more expensive) the s1000r is not the most powerful litre bike

the H2 is a supercharged pig with an extra 30 pounds of wet weight over the S1000R

I don't think it would be even allowed to compete in WSBK

RSV4 is though

the RCV213VS is though

as long as you're european and buy the "track only" 12,000 eruomark uncorking from honda

I just went around a giant slow double transport truck slowing down for a red light
And specifically stayed to the very left of the lane so I wouldn't get rear ended and squashed if he was going too fast to stop in time
And he used that time and space I gave him to pull in beside me and cuss me out for going around him
And he wouldn't listen to me when I told him to stop yelling and chill out
It's only 8am and I'm already all buttmad and annoyed

Nah the RSV4 FW GP makes at least 250hp

why not just buy a car if you're this scared of riding?

im more getting at the fact that most people who own/ride motorcycles have disposable income.
it's not a hobby for poor people.

look at me for an example, i own my house, 3 cars and 4 moorcycles.
i have money i have no idea what to do with which is why i spend it on bikes.

Fixed fairing is a bitch to filter with.

I have to drive around 26km to go to my university with my sister, i have an old motorbike that can do the job but i don't have the license, i have a car license but i don't have a car. My questions is, should i get the motorbike driving license (i got over 25 car driving classes and failed the exam twice) and use it to drive with my sister to the university or should i just buy a shitbox?
I don't want to kill my sister in an accident, but I'm nearly broke, also i live in western Europe so the weather may be a problem too.

ofcourse not its supercharged, ans thats against the regs.
have you seen the new zx-10rr. is designed so they can change simpler things to make the race bikes better, they're only selling just enough to meet the regs

Have me pick her up so I can fuck her, I mean, deliver her safely.

t. achmed

Have you all seen this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Um3aL_VDC8I

Kawasaki should just stop ruining WSBK and join the big leagues.

I rode a bike because I was too poor for a car

What country? In the Netherlands riding a bike year round isn't a problem, especially with a grill on the back to keep you warm.

motorsport.com/motogp/news/motogp-too-expensive-for-us-says-kawasaki/

>What country? In the Netherlands riding a bike year round isn't a problem, especially with a grill on the back to keep you warm.
Spain

Spain is hot as fuck, why would riding year round be a problem?

Superbike boss IchiroYoda added that the restrictive nature of the current MotoGP technical regulations were also a major turn-off for Kawasaki.

"If we were to return, several things would have to change," he said. "At present, the rules are very restrictive. We could not compete with a production-derived motorcycle, for example.

Well, motoGP and F1 are meant to be rich person sports so they can make more money.