Cadillac deville

Cadillac deville $1500 should I trust it as my first car

>Northstar V8
>trust it
Get a quote for replacing the head gasket and starter motor, first. There's a reason the seller's asking for $1500.

Cadillacs are electric issues. Not a good first car.

No. The Northstar V8 is one of the worst engines GM ever made.

Common problems are:
>Head Gaskets
>Rear air suspension
>Steering components

Other than that those cars are decent

That motor is a huge pain in the ass to do anything on

If you want a comfy luxobarge get a Buick LeSabre or a LS400

Get a crown vic instead

fucking robot captcha ate my post

basically, replacing the headstuds with northstar performance ones will get rid of the headgasket issues entirely.

they are bulletproof besides that. Try and get one with the cool ass military spec night vision option. (gaping hole in the grill)

Op post link, I'm assuming it's on CL?

since you're gonna have to spend another 1500 to fix the engine sooner rather than later just buy a civic for 3k.

buy a vic

I have always liked the old fleetwoods, they are uber comfy with plush cushion seats

Buy an LS400, a Honda Accord, or anything Panther body (Crown Vic, etc), they're a ton more reliable and other than the Accord, big comfy cars.

If you want it because it's a Cadillac, get an older 70s one with a simpler engine and deal with the gas mileage.

Put it in reverse, Terry!

>Northstar
No. Cadillacs are not beginner cars. I made that mistake myself.

Hey I had that same model year in the picture. Long story short: no. Mine blew the coil packs and the catalytic converter and it was over. After of course having replaced the head gaskets, fixing a bolt that had backed itself out, and fixing all window motors. Yeah don't do it OP

This guy said it, although Accord probably isn't luxurious enough to suit OP

Panther if you want to work on it (for fun not because it needs it)

LS400 if you don't want to work on it

op here, I called the dealership and they said that its burning oil

No deal. It's a piece of shit. If you really want a Cadillac, get 4.9 or something after the Northstar era. I'd get a Lincoln though if I were you. I've sunk nearly 2 grand into my GM turd and it's still not running right.

My next door neighbor offered to give me one of those in low-miles cherry condition. It needed head gaskets and bolts/studs. Looked like a enormous job.

If you want a Cadillac landbarge, get an early '90s Fleetwood with the 5.7

They can run without oil!

For the love of god op don't buy anything with a northstar engine. They are hard to work on and the head gaskets blow so easily on it. Don't make the same mistake I did, i bought a 97 deville and have had nothing but problems. Its the worst car I ever bought, stay far far away.

Looks like it is from Seattle/tacoma area CL, I recognize that backdroo, I think some dealer in Kirkland uses it.

op here, yes that's the one on CarGurus

Get a Lexus LS400, 430, SC430

I recognize that background. That's a dealership in Washington isn't it?

Get a LS400

>There's a reason the seller's asking for $1500
this is probably true, but you idiots just don't know how to take care of a northstar engine.

It's not a matter of if we know how to take care of a Northstar, the previous owner surely didn't.

Keep it in the garage and don't start it?

>engine literally tears itself apart past 100k miles
>"just get good"
???