American headlight switches are automatic

>American headlight switches are automatic

Is there anything they can't manually do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/imhBoE56OEs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no it has to be automatic

isnt it better when things do things automatically for you

>needing it to be automagic
Just wire it like Subaru does so you can leave the switch on all the time since the headlights only turn on with the key on

My e39 has automatic headlights, where's your god now?

twiddling knobs and fingering buttons is one of the best parts of driving, fuck all this touchpanel and automatic sensor shit. what next, fucking robot drivers?

>what next, fucking robot drivers?
Yes

This has spoiled me so much. I always forget the lights when I get in another car.

>using halogen lights during the day

u retarded or sumtin?

>what are DRLs

>like subaru
more like volvo. oh and every motorbike ever.

DRLs are usually LEDs brainlet, and this thread is about headlights

In finland, it is illegal to drive with headlights off

Now they are, in everything before the last few years they were just the low beams or high beams at a lower wattage. My 2006 Outback XT included, its DRLs are just the low beams.

>be merrika
>try to crack driver window by touching button
> autos all the way down

>one of the best parts of driving
Um
Driving is the best part of driving flipping thru stations or tracks on my steering wheel detracts from driving.

>having power windows
Get a load of this pleb.

To me, it seems like people (from anywhere in the world really, but burgers like to be especially lazy) expect to put literally zero effort into everything and receive perfect results, or expect something electric/"smart" to do it for them

Some of my normie friends are like that, they want everything done for them, because it's sooooo much work and soooo inconvenient to move your hand up and flip the center mirror to avoid being blinded by the retard with tacked-on HIDs behind you...

On the topic of automatic lights/DRLs, my country has some law that states that every car 2017 and newer has to have DRLs, and I see people driving through the city at fucking midnight without any lights because they don't read the goddamn manual and think all the lights are on, when only the front ones are

That front-only DRL thing has to be one of the most retarded implementations of any feature I've ever seen in a car, and I remember that axle-that-goes-through-oil-pan 4wd setup from Mercedes...

Yeee

>TFW would love to install an aftermarket electric oil pump (which doesn't exist because unicorn engine), just to have an excuse to flip a few switches and press a couple of cool, expensive buttons before start-up

All those cool little noises make me diamond-hard for whatever reason

>To me, it seems like people (from anywhere in the world really, but burgers like to be especially lazy) expect to put literally zero effort into everything and receive perfect results, or expect something electric/"smart" to do it for them
efficiency, m8

Those are usually two-step switches. Press it more gently.

It's one thing to be efficient, and it's another to be abso-fucking-lutely oblivious and expecting everything to be served in a silver platter

Some of my friends and acquaintances (and their/my parents as well) nowadays don't want things to be anything but "push button, receive X", and it NEEDS to have a screen, too. And when they fuck something up, they go "I didn't ask for that!" but what really happens is they don't take five damn minutes to read two pages off a manual or even the help menu that the device itself provides

One example I can personally provide is when our family got their first automatic vehicle. Having driven only manual transmissions since I was 14, it was weird, new and exciting at first, but it quickly became monotonous and boring

Driving became an automatic process, and both my brother and I started paying less attention to traffic, the situations on the road, and driving in general. Thankfully we catched ourselves doing that, but we had been driving for almost a decade each by that point, and it was scary how we had to fight off a bad habit like that

It's that sort of thing I see with lots of gadgets and equipment nowadays. I don't mind reducing the workload on something like a semi-truck, and I won't ask for a manual spark timing lever on my steering column like a Ford model T, but I still think the pattern of "too much automation" and "too little attention/desire to put in effort" is clear, and needs to be addressed

Why do DRLs exist? The LED ones just dazzle you to fuck

>it's another to be abso-fucking-lutely oblivious and expecting everything to be served in a silver platter
which is what appliances are for, m8. stop pretending that your subjective views of good and bad automation are objective facts.

People are too stupid to turn their lights on in fog/rain.
>that moment when there was a silver SUV next to you in the rain and you didn't see it for 10 minutes

A car is more than an appliance though. It's not a TV or a washing machine, it's a fucking rapid metal box that can kill people with a moment's loss of concentration. The more control you give the driver over it, the better.

Breath

Honestly at this point I trust the machines more.

>when Eurofags literally have run out of things to bitch at Americans about

This thread

Blame boomers. They started the automatic craze. Automatic things were a feature. If my dad didn't teach me to drive manual on a shitty truck, I likely would have never learned.

This is now a boomers ruin everything they touch thread.

Automation that can cause accidents because it makes people oblivious fucks is a damn bad thing

Sure, you can make it so your toilet automatically wipes your ass, and when it breaks you can simply call the manufacturer to fix it, plus the ass-cleaning company to make sure your ass isn't full of shit anymore, but that's different than something with the power to kill, or go off the road, or even just malfunction severely and leave you without a valuable asset during times of need

When (not if, but when) the sensor(s), module(s), wiring, connections, etc. fail, people who are so used to everything working on it's own won't know how to avoid a serious issue or danger. I've seen this on cell phones and computers, people used to having to just press "next" become blubbering sacks of meat the second something outside of their scheme happens and they have to find something out, or decide things

Like people at gas stations who try pumping their own fuel for their first time and they spaghetti the fuck up, spilling fuel all over the place, because they're used to the guy walking over and doing it for them. Poor fucker filled the whole interior with gas

I know the feel, I'm tired of seeing idiots driving with cellphones stuck to their face, but plenty to go wrong with a machine, too, and if the machine doesn't have a manual override/redundant system, it can be damn nasty

I ain't yuro, and ain't complaining about burgers specifically either, bae. Just generally bitching about people wanting "press button=win at life", they become brainless robots at everything

Eh, not being burger, don't know if blaming them is the thing to do, even though 98% of people, boomers included, hate them

Dunno if it's bullshit, but pic related I guess

The "not trying = winning" craze is also extremely annoying. Again, if I wasn't in my mid 20s, and my dad didn't whip my ass out of that mindset, I would have fallen right into that demographic too.

To me, some automation is fine. Hell my G is automatic and I don't hate it. I looked for a week for a 6MT after my old car got totaled, but ran out of time. The one I did find was in a collision with no paperwork.

I thought I was going to hate, but it's pretty smart and pretty quick. Same with my Bluetooth, just hop in and it connects and picks up where it left off. Or the ignition, just walk up to the car, auto unlocks, sit down, clutch or brake in, press a button and go.

Not everything needs to have more than a moment of your thought. Although manual is a good life skill because it makes you at least understand what's happening when you drive a vehicle.

The irony is its a manual switch with an automatic option.

>it makes you at least understand what's happening when you drive a vehicle.

Ah, yes
>When we bought a MINT Honda CR-V from some rich girl whose family we were acquaintances with
>Asking stuff about it, mileage, fuel economy, etc
>Ask how many gears does it have, cuz it's automatic and we don't know
>"Oh! It's wonderful! It only has 3 gears! Just forward, reverse, and park!"

I spaced out for a while there, honest. Wonder how much money they managed to squeeze out of her with unnecessary "fixes" and stuff

>MFW she also wondered why her black leather seats were so damn hot
>She took it to the Honduh dealer, and turns out she had pressed the seat heater to high
>In a place that can see 100 degree weather year-round
>MFW it has a BIG, BRIGHT FUCKING LIGHT by the gearshift/cupholder/center console area, with a picture of a seat and some waves coming out

An unborn fetus could make out it's meaning. Not even needing the manual, just look at that bright light with a symbol attached, and use those few pounds of smart meat inside your head to come up with an answer, goddamnit

That's the kind of damage that "pressing button=winning at life" gets you. She's used to everything being done for her, since she doesn't have to work or rely on herself for anything

>Automation that can cause accidents because it makes people oblivious fucks is a damn bad thing
oh well i live in germany where people are actually educated

Communism.

dont be a mong and push it halfway in it works like normal
you piece of shit

Abdul pls

Education doesn't prevent people from spacing out when you make everything automagic/"smart". It's natural to fall back to complacency and relaxation when there's little going on. Keeping the brain active, not necessarily being more edumacated, is what will prevent you from spacing out

Studies show driving automatic is safer than manual

Why are you using electronic messaging systems when you can write on a parchment in ink and send it through postage?
youtu.be/imhBoE56OEs

Oh, sauces pls?

>This much of a false equivalence

Have a random image

Alright then how about writing your message in paint and posting it rather than using the premade text through your keyboard. You despise automatic things right?

My Nissan does this, I guess it's like a European thing as it's permitted to have lights on at all times.

>Just wire it like Subaru does so you can leave the switch on all the time since the headlights only turn on with the key on

But then how do you leave your parking lights on on a dark road.

Unless you mean American cars leave their dipped beams on when the key is removed??

>My Nissan does this
>European thing

Wat

Seriously do American cars not drop down to parking lights when you turn off ignition

My 2004 VW Jetta has automatic headlights

Your argument being?

They do, American cars are dumb as shit. You can drain your battery because it will let your headlights stay on without the key.

>what next, fucking robot drivers?
HELLO! I'M JOHNNY CAB. WHERE CAN I TAKE YOU TONIGHT?

Nope, read here

I don't mind having a graphic interface in my computer, because typing all those lines takes time

However, when people become incapable of functioning outside of pressing "next", when they're lost as soon as something outside their scheme pops up and they have to do something for themselves, it's not a positive thing

Nigga, I have a 97 Suzuki, a 2013 Nissan trucklet, a 2002 Toyota Hilux, had a 2007 Hilux too, have a 2009 Hilux surf...they all allow you to drain your battery by leaving the lights/radio/whatever else on

If you forget to turn off your lights when you climb down from your vehicle, even with the reminder chime, then you're beyond help

>Not Otto

Nissan built in Sunderland for Europe. Not sure if Jap Nissans have the same feature or even N16 Almeras built in Japan for Japan.

And I mean that in 0 position the headlights are on if the car is in accessory mode or running. In radio mode the 0 position doesn't have the headlights on but you can turn them on with the interior lights.

Don't your car beeps the shit out of you when you leave the lights on?

Not all of them, my turd gen doesn't.

My 2005 Subaru has a completely separate switch for parking lights. It's on top of the steering column.

Yeah, why don't they just use mindreading buttons like everyone else.

My Lexus has halogen DRLs and LED headlights because fuck you

>E-Z

That alone pretty much describes the people of my nation.

People with money buy servants.

People without money are forced to do it themselves.

i hate american spec cars, my first car a german spec e34 i could turn the foglights and running lights no headlights. and i didnt have to fucking press the clutch in to start the car. fucking child proof stupid burger cancer shit.

if you have money why arent you traveling instead of being insufferable with your supposed superiority because daddy makes all the money for you. kys

my car has a manual headlight switch

[spoiler]and transmission[/spoiler]

1999 Subaru can confirm the same.

>posts the euro version of a VW switch

What did he mean by this?

>being this poor and buttflustered

wahhhh i have to press a pedal to start the car waaaaaahhhhhhh

seriously why the fuck should I have to push the clutch in to start it? why not just not let the car start if it's not in neutral?

>why not just not let the car start if it's not in neutral?
weren't you just whining about child proof features?

I didn't post this but don't tell me that wouldn't be an infinitely better system than pushing in the clutch