/pubg/ PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS general

100 ways to die edition

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Last Thread

dont let smug drive

>realistic FPS combat
I want this meme to end

we've won 6 out of 56 rounds as a squad on EU servers

we look for early game fights often

how are we doing /pubg/?

>shots come from left
>hear them out of my right headphone
>everyone looks left
>i look right
anyone else have this problem where your sound seems to be inverted?

>tfw chicken dinner as a 3 stack with no random teammate in squads

how long did it take you to get your first chicken dinner

somehow the first night i played i got lucky and got one with 2 kills. the last 2 guys died to the blue

I've played 12 hours and still nothing
I've gotten twice to #2 and a couple times within the top 20 tho

well shit, nicely done

so this is the power of asian servers... whoa.

First night, extreme luck - no one died to the blue but I got really lucky with my final approach vector.

>on one side of the map
>CIRCLE IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE MAP
>blue circle is RIGHT ON MY ASS EVEN WITH BOOST POWER
>drive through redzone thinking it won't kill me
>that fucking noise when the explosion lands RIGHT ON YOU

oh sweet jesus my fucking heart

Game 3, first 2 games I crashed about halfway in. LOTS of Arma and DayZ experience. I've played maybe 12 more solos since then and won 2 more, still no duo/group wins because we cant stop fucking around.

At least you're where you belong

increase your sens for gods sakes

If you're spectating, sound is indeed inverted. In the actual game, no sounds arent inverted. If the If you were on the left side of the pack and the bullet went inbetween you and everyone else, the sound of it whizzing by or cracking would be in your right ear phone.

If you're using 7.1 or any "surround" headphones, turn that shit off and just go with stereo, the sounds felt so inconsistent to me until I did that now it seems fine, besides footsteps sometimes being dead wrong.

So which one of you fucks just got the drop on me with an SKS on the final 2 and got straight niggerblasted with back to back headshots from my UMP.

Is there an actual tier list to rifles? I really like the Not-Ak with red dot, it just feels right to me - but everyone goes for the SCAR.

AK > M16 > M4 > SCAR
Scar just has a meme status thanks to MW2. Also AK is the only rifle that can 1 hit headshot.

Comes down to preference and where you want your strengths at.

M16 burst is fantastic at close to medium range because one burst will fuck even geared people up leaving them dead or with a sliver of HP.

AK is the best for range because single tapping will get you the most damage, but it has the most kick out of any of them, so when engaging an M16/Scar/M4 if they're still in a good range to go full auto on you chances are you'll lose out. But point blank it'll probably drop people faster than the others because it fucking hurts.

M4 fully upgraded is my fav, great at close range, stable enough to use full auto in most combat situations, and can always single tap at farther ranges.

SCAR is a meme and just worse than the others at everything, if you cant handle the recoil of the AK though and find this, might not be a bad idea to swap to it until you can get an M4.

By single tap I mean use single shot firing to hit people at range, not 1 shot kill.

Got 2 dinners in a row in solo first day I bought the game. This was sometime last month. Only won 7 games since then though. 1 more in solo, 3 in duo and squad

>mfw shotgun camping is a legitimate strategy

How many 5.56 rounds do you have to put in someone with a shotgun?

I tried 25 but he somehow was still alive and oneshotted me with a lvl 2 vest and lvl 3 helmet.

literally the first day the game came out lul
bad aim
it is i actually do it all the time i never engage unless i know i have a 100% chance to kill them even if i end up with 1 kill by the end of the game or when i die

>its another housecamping midgame because your city stays in the circle episode

adapt or stop bitching

Is their a situation in which you should take off your silencer or do you just attach that shit the second you find it? Wiki makes it sound like silencers are just a straight upgrade.

If you need to attract attention to your spot before changing it up or to confuse enemies in close quarter fights.

Also, in the very end if it's 1on1 you can also pull it off

Why are my shadows not rendering anywhere but the bottom bar of my screen?

I reckon never remove it, making it significantly more difficult to locate where you're shooting from gives you a huge advantage in all situations.

is this a dead game? Why dead general?

It's a dead general because it's a good game. People are actually out playing instead of shit posting all day.

Anyone able to tell me how this performs with an R5 1600 + 1060 6GB at 1080p?

>5.5gb update

Sure

how do i fix this nonsense
it didn't happen when i was able to have shadows disabled

Nice update bluehole

>die 5 minutes into the game
>rage like a autistic child
>die in the very end 1vs1 after an intense round
>"oh well"

-lowmemory

Did they fuck over shotguns or am I just having issues?

They nerfed pellet damage

I still 1 shotted some guy in the chest and he had a lvl 2 vest, the pump shotgun. I had a choke though.

>"ANGUS GET ON SKYPE" is STILL a fucking thing

I hate Australia.

What is the most meta loadout?
VSS+AK with red dot and smokes and frags?

S686 with choke, bullet loops super optional
Whatever else, doesn't really matter, you already have the win button even post nerf

The current meta:
>don't bother with weapons
>drive immediately to the center of the first circle
>squat in a bush
>load up netflix
>check back in 30 mins to see if you won

I know you are joking but I think that this method could get you top ten around 1 in 4 tries and even wins 1% of the time

The S686 is life, only once has it ever let me down but I know that fucker was almost dirt, if he had been but an inch closer.

VSS+S686+R1895 is the new meta.

Fucking rain, something about it makes me do stupid things in this game.

>start round
>see guy who sees me
>both get guns and start reloading at almost same instant
>they completely stop moving for a second ???
>LAGSPIKE MOTHERFUCKER
>dead before I can fire a shot
Thanks worst korea

Is there a reliable way to move completely silently?

Nope, just ctrl at the moment

>it's another three point blank shotgun rounds and getting mowed down by a SCAR -episode

Oh that shit drives me up a fucking wall.
>final 10
>have 4 kills
>circle is small as shit
>staying prone
>idiots keep crouching
>they get picked off by me and another player who have silencers
>final 5
>spot another 2 players
>take aim and fire
>game lags for a solid 5 seconds
>got stuck outside the wall and died

Got my first solo dinner a few nights ago after a long stalemate with 2 other players. Eventually one threw a smoke on the other and I used the opportunity to shoot the first guy. Right after I reloaded the circle started closing and the other guy run from it, so I just stood my ground and lit him up before the blue could kill me.

Got my second last night. My first squad win was maybe a month ago.

youll probably be fine its a solid combo

I have my trusty i5-2500k chugging at 4,5Ghz and a R9 290 which to my knowledge is about as good as a 1060 and I'm getting ~50-75 FPS with 120% screen scale and ultra AA and everything else on low.

Drops to high 30's and low 40's during red zone bombardments though.

forgot to add, playing on 1080p as well

I killed the man who killed me, snipers behind me so I had to stay low, he managed to pop a grenade as I put a shell in him, rip

I was ready to counter-snipe too, lucky crate gave me a Kar and a x8

>play some duos with my buddy on the Asian server
>win literally 6 out of 8 games

can't tell if it's the players or if it's the server

players

gooks be shit at FPS games

If i rando and get any asian player I always kill them once they loot, or if its a squad I suicide bomb them in the car. Always makes me crack up to hear them ching chong'n away when they die

So is this like the flavour of the month thing for this month? Suddenly all my friends are playing it and all I'm seeing is another early access game full of hype.
I don't wanna shit on your game, but does this honestly have any potential to stay longer than the others did?

>drop in
>punch a dude to death before he can reload the pistol
>giggle then immediately get taken out by a shotgun

That was kinda funny

>Drop in, get shotgun'd
>drop in, get shotgun'd

I'm gonna take a break, I think I'm not playing carefully enough

No potential (for now)

The devs and programmers are stupid beyond comprehension and dont know how to code UE4. If they man up and hire smarter people it could be a solid 8/10 if not 9/10 game

But as of right now, every patch is delayed. They arent fixing core issues, focusing on streamers/reddit suggestions, and every patch takes one step forward and three steps back in terms of optimization, servers, netcode and bugs

>autists having a meltdown in the discord for no discernible reason
>people legitimately mad and screaming others are from reddit

So it largely gets carried on hype and novelty of the idea right now? Seems like my initial thoughts of it were right, that it would be just a smaller scale DayZ all over again.

this miles standish retard is shit at the game and blames everyone else for his mistakes and acts surprised when we call him out for his shit in discord, ban that fucking cunt

Go fuck yourself and go back to /r/Veeky Forums. I know it's you Siegeh. Can't talk without greentexting 24/7, pathetic.

Oh and I don't give a fuck about stats, they mean nothing when people carry you in squads. Bazerker and Siegeh are the definition of garbage. They can't hold down a single house.

>tfw get named even though i wasn't involved during the match
>tfw just egging this sped on so he gets banned for being too autistic

the discord asshurt is unreal

>5 kills
>silenced and fully kitted out Vector
>4th last circle
>about to bust toast on some unsuspecting nigga

A PLAYERUNKOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS PROCESS HAS CRASHED

>fucking just end me

what happens when an unstoppable for meets an immovable object?

Ban both of those retards, this is unacceptable.

Why should I be banned?

go out of the way and stop dropping in pochinki/school

>not dropping in school

If you dont survive the school you dont deserve to win that round.

Yup. I dont think it will get any better. There are things that should take one day to code/program, but they add it in a monthly patch that gets rolled back a month

Example: circles
They agonized saying "change incoming to late game circles!" With proposed solutions and what not...2 months later we get added time for each circle closing

What the fuck. Do that for a quick fix. How fucking hard is it to add 30+ seconds to a goddamn timer??? That shit doesnt even help, end game circles are still shit

>Pistols

Name 1 (one) reason why they are in the game and name another one (1) why you should EVER pick one up

Keep in mind you need a full mag to even stagger the enemy

ONLY reason I pick them up as if it's the first thing I see. Gotta do something at least.

Right at the beginning just to have a gun if nothing else is nearby.

>Sit behind my car as cover
>Random dude run to me and start unloading his mag everywhere but on me
>What the fuck is this guy doing
>Oh yeah the car actually explode

I completely forgot, but it made me wonder, does this belong in the game ?
I dont think car should explode when just shot at, just stop working

anyone just get dc from server?
my whole squad got dc

Wew bargain bin walmart tier servers and netcode. Who woulda thunk it

>in blue, driving to safe zone
>other guy in blue shoots at me as I pass
>stop, get out kill him
>endless meds and ammo
>continue on my way

Was it worth it fuckboy?

>when you're scratching your junk and pull out loads of thick pubes

Why are people so afraid to use cars? I'm constantly pairing up with squads who refuse to use them. They end up trying to run into the circle at the last moment only to be mowed down by established campers.

Cars are the best, have one guy drive next to some campers in one direction and send the squad in the other. They get too spooked by the loud ass car to listen for footsteps.

Prove to me there's anything at all wrong with this game.
>protip: you can't

>squad
>loot school in georgopol
>drive away with 2 cars, 2 in each
>i drive along the other car, 20 meters away
>suddenly my car is jammed in his
>we start spinning
>fly away to space and die

was laughing way too hard to get mad but that was just bullshit

The game is fucking unplayable right now

VSS is pure shit.
>retarded ballistics and no zeroing pso shitscope = after 50 meters bullets drops like a paintball balls
>dmg slightly higher than UMP
>must-have ext. mag
>much more noisy than IRL vss

>when the other 4 people in the field absolutely REFUSE to move or shoot despite gunning them down one by one

I love this reddit meta famberlamps. Shitters are TERRIFIED of giving their positions away so they do nothing, even when I'm sprinting around with no cover casually BRAPPing fags with my silenced uzi and M16. They think they're permanently hidden when they go prone in wheat or some shit.

Why do I always pick the hangar with zero guns? It's not even funny anymore at this point

Hey, at least you imply there was a hangar that had guns at all

unless I play on EU or asia, I never have guns spawn in those at all

What fps range does your game run at? I want to know before i join the discord so i don't end up dead weight with my shit fps.

7-18