All New 3rd Gen - 2018 Bentley Continental GT

I know most of you can't afford this luxury grand tourer but hey this is a car board to discuss anything automotive.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/04/05/reuters-america-vws-audi-and-porsche-to-join-forces-on-vehicle-development.html
autocar.co.uk/opinion/industry/how-porsche-msb-platform-will-transform-future-bentleys
leftlanenews.com/next-porsche-panamera-to-ride-on-vws-msb-platform.html
newatlas.com/bentley-continental-gt-third-generation/51108/
motorauthority.com/news/1027709_2018-bentley-continental-gt-spy-shots-and-video
caranddriver.com/news/2019-bentley-continental-gt-photos-and-info-news
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SPECS

>Glorified Volkswagen Phaeton
>Worth discussing

nah, sage

You are wrong and I know you are shitposting. But anyway, the Phaeton has been out of production for a while and the Continental GT uses most of it's internals from a Porsche Panamera.

>Designed, engineered and handcrafted in Britain
>The chassis and transmission are shared with the Porsche Panamera

So it's no longer based on an FWD chassis? Good.

Uhm..ya

looks nice but those vents..
WHY

I live like 3 miles from where they build these things, i see new bentleys on test drives like all the time, they're nice fucking cars

Gorgeous interior, really dig the quilting.

Are those gauges fully digital?

NEEDS MORE EGG FACE. Seriously, this shit looks horrible.

I don't really dig the chrome(-like) applications.
What about you anons? All in all based off those pictures I think the current model looks better from the outside.

OP, all I can say is if I was loaded I would have a retardedly high power:weight sleeper, but not a normal sleeper, like one everyone expects you to drive like a retard in but car people know it's really slow normally (800whp V8 BRZ maybe?), and then my other main driver would be a fully loaded Bentley Continental.

The Continental GT evolves on a geologic time scale. How old is it now? And it really doesn't look that different from when they first came out.

I like it. It's kind of an evergreen car. You could buy any of them made in the last 14 years and be happy.

If I was a black millionaire I would totally buy that.

>So it's no longer based on an FWD chassis?
That platform is very similar to TNGA. AWD, FWD, and RWD. Old gens.

The car in OP's pic is riding on the Porsche Platform that is exclusive for RWD and AWD.

Thats pretty much who I expect to buy this

LS and LC are the rebadged Prius.

pretty cool.

I like the less piggy shape, but I'm not sure about the exhaust imitating the tailights.

I like the tailights, but I feel they overdid the exhaust

Looks nice overall though.

Holy shit, friend has Bentley, panic selling after these. This is what Bentley should have done all along.

That's pretty much who does buy that

Current facelift iteration is best aesthetically..

Very nice.

Older ones can be had for around 25-30k..

Although i have no idea what they are like to own.

Not a JZX100 TOURER V

Gonna have to say you probably wouldn't be happy with the results of buying a $200k luxury car used. Odds are it was picked up by some soccer mom who happened to land a nice job, never maintained, might have never even seen premium gas, worn until the brakes and tires were gone with no maintenance at all then traded for a new one.

>luxury

>sharing and made with parts glued on from the VW parts bin

For fucks sake, that "luxury" car shares window switches with a fucking Ibiza. And a whole other myriad of shit.

If I wanted something "luxury" I wouldn't waste my time with something jerry rigged together from whats available at the parts basket.

When will the muppets understand that buying anything over Volkswagen level in the VAG universe is simply asking to be ripped of.

I'd ask you to provide information backing up that claim. But is so happens I know you won't be able to do so. So please, stop spreading misinforation.

Continental's, at least till the outgoing gen, were using the older Phaeton platform. Since it was a sales flop that was the way VW had to turn the thing into a profit.

Porsche platforms are exclusive. The joint venture doesn't work two ways. Only Porsche got the know-how about the diesel engines for the Panamera. VW got nothing from Porsche for Bentley.

if the only thing you can find as a valid complaint is that the window switches aren't luxurious enough..

Yes it is.

Wrong.

>window switch
>cluster
>vents
>air con unit and command
>shifters
>interior materials

and the list goes on and on and on and on

At least 70% of that car is made with use of shared VW parts. That would mean it shouldn't cost more than a 30% markup for somekind of "status" glued on by the marketing jews.

However the markup is seriously bigger.

Ie. a ripoff for status sluts and gullible idiots.

you can't stop being poor.
you can stop being bitter about it.

new mustang gt looks nice.

You could justify it with me as being poor. But fortunately life has been kind to me and I'm at a level where I could afford one of those cars.

Not interested in rebadged overpriced VWs.

If it shares the chassis with the Panamera it's on the MSB platform, which is FR-based with optional AWD.
Previous Continentals are on the VW D1 platform, which is basically a steel version of the Audi A8, which is FWD-based with optional AWD.

I was wrong. I never thought the Bentley Continental were using Phaeton's platform until I saw the wikipedia article. Thank you.

It doesn't share platform with Panamera.

It shares the Phaeton platform. Which it turn is also used in the A8. The A8 shares jack shit. Audi gets what VW throws at them.

another idiot that thinks Porsche shares their platform for fucks sake is the american education system this bad?

Every Bentley as I remember has a 15 year old period time cycle.

The new generation Conti heavily takes it's design cues from the 2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept. Shown in pic.

That's sad man.

cnbc.com/2017/04/05/reuters-america-vws-audi-and-porsche-to-join-forces-on-vehicle-development.html
>Porsche's MSB platform, used for its four-seater Panamera model, has been adopted for VW group's next generation Bentley Continental model even though Audi had developed a similar offering.

Previous generations shared their platform with the Phaeton. This one's the first to share its platform with the Panamera.

Trust me. Don't even go near them.

>cnbc.com

>reliable information about cars

Pick one.

Okay, I'm not him but I'm really fucking pissed. So does the new Continental GT use a FWD based AWD platform (Panamera) or what? But the base Panamera is a RWD only car!

Phaeton platform.

FWD based.

Porsche doesn't share their platforms.

autocar.co.uk/opinion/industry/how-porsche-msb-platform-will-transform-future-bentleys
Better?

The Panamera is on an RWD-based, non-Audi platform called MSB.
The previous Continentals are on the FWD-based Phaeton platform.
The new Continental will be on the same RWD-based MSB platform as the Panamera.

just to clear things up here,what does a rich homie like you drive?

Still wrong, so what?

You can't just pull links out of your ass, write some crap under it and call it truth.

2012 SL600

leftlanenews.com/next-porsche-panamera-to-ride-on-vws-msb-platform.html

How about you back up your own claims of the 3rd gen Continental GT still riding on the D1 platform? Or Porsche not sharing platforms? Or the MSB platform being fake news?

You are shooting yourself on the foot already.

I don't need to prove anything.

and to you,an SL is better than a continental?
okay
did you ever even get in one?

Never said it was better. Said I could afford a Continental.

Even so, it isn't made with left over parts from pleb tier cars. And that is good enough for me.

newatlas.com/bentley-continental-gt-third-generation/51108/
>The old 60:40 rear-to-front all-wheel drive setup has been replaced with a smarter on-demand system that defaults to rear-drive under regular conditions, before shunting torque to the front axle when the situation demands it

This is physically impossible with an Audi system.

motorauthority.com/news/1027709_2018-bentley-continental-gt-spy-shots-and-video
>Underpinning the redesigned Continental GT is the Volkswagen Group’s MSB platform designed for large, rear- and all-wheel-drive cars with engines mounted up front. The platform made its debut in the 2017 Porsche Panamera.

Again, not an Audi platform, but rather the MSB platform. The Panamera's platform.

do you even know what a Mercedes SL is?

you're spouting memes
which leads me to believe you have no idea what you're talking about and or parrot things you hear on the internet

Oh boy. Hes mad and hes gone in full damage control.

>gets proven wrong
>n-no! damage control!
Literally every single article that goes into detail about this car talks about the platform switch.
Face it, you lost.

i do,yes
where are you going with this?

Scroll up and read the topic. Information is available.

Done plenty of business with european VW's parts hubs building some of the software they use for cataloging. Enough to have known that anything they sell over a VW is an utter rip off.

You just c&c articles from known shit sources.

Literally tabloid level crap.

>hurr durr proven wrong hurr durr face it

are you aware of a concept name "segment"? an sl especially a 600 is at the same segment than a continental if not as the merc dude is saying it isn't made with crap parts from vws

wood trim is super out of place

kek, VWfaggot got BTFO

jfc that's nice.

it's not, it's literally 90% pleb-tier VW parts
not worth the money in any way, shape or form

Do you even know how to read?

70%

you didn't answer my question
have you ever got into one?

i know what a segment is,yes
they both fall into the same segment but you can't deny the fact that the conti is a much higher end car
not saying the sl is bad but the conti is much better

>Bentley

Niggers and footballers ruined them years ago

caranddriver.com/news/2019-bentley-continental-gt-photos-and-info-news
>Bentley based the 2019 Continental GT on the same architecture that underpins the latest Porsche Panamera: parent company Volkswagen’s corporate MSB architecture.

ITT: VICIOUS VAG-HATING
We get that you hate VAG building a better car.

>MSB platform

I read that next gen A6 and A7 will move to the MSB platform. RWD A6 sounds nice.

Yes. And you asked no question.

The Continental is in the same segment. The Continental would be a much better car if it happened to be a bespoke car. Which it isn't. It caters to ignorant people that only care about a symbol. Riding in a car which 70% of its parts come from low tiered Volkwagens doesn't cut it. It's the same as buying a fake Rolex to impress your less knowledgeable friends.

caranddriver

>literal tabloid tier

VW has been very adamant of not having RWD cars. Keep dreaming pleb.

I've never seen denial this bad. Just fess up shitposter, you totally lost this one.

What cars/makes are acceptable to you as true luxury?

You are a bad shitposter or just Anti-VAG fangirl.
Please kys

If I let niggers and footballers ruin cars for me there would be no car to dream of owning when I'm rich myself.

Well, maybe Aston Martins.

things that don't share 70% of their parts with a pleb-tier VW
even a fucking 1-Series or A-Class is more prestigious than any VAG product because at least you can't buy a Skoda built from the exact same parts for half the price

Which parts in the Bentley do you see that are used in a Skoda or VW?

some parts can be found inside, however, they are not visible. You have to disassemble the entire car, so you will see them.

There is no VW parts in the interior.

Why it is ok for Lexus to do it?

>Porsche platforms are exclusive.
This isn't the 2000s anymore, things have changed in the VW group. Porsche is tasked with developing platforms and engines for the luxury brands, the Panamera platform and the new 2.9L twin-turbo V6 are examples of this effort.

I remember when the Lexus ls400 came out it didn't share a single part with any Toyota vehicle, not a single one. This is disgraceful desu

It's not even a new thing. The 924 was developed by Porsche and intended to be sold as a VW, although VW decided to go with their own Golf-based Scirocco instead because of the fuel crisis.
And let's not forget it was Porsche who tuned the Audi RS2, on the condition that it'd only be available as a wagon because a sedan or coupe version might cut into 944 or 928 sales.

only jelly manchildren bash them, every single one of you would buy one if you could afford it

It's not clear to me where this fits in the stable. If I want a sports car, I don't want something with an automatic that weighs 5,000 pounds. If I want something big and comfy, I want four doors. I don't mean to be a douche, here , but when would I drive this thing?

>those brake lights
HNNNNGGG

Is this really happening? A new car that doesn't look pissed off? I am poor af but if I did have the money, I would seriously think about buying this

Configurator offers so many nice interior options

I'm having hard time deciding how I want my Bentley

Should I go for strong colors

or maybe strong contrast

but you probably think my taste is shit so show me your ideal interior

>red interior
>on any car

Probably something like this, but I'm weird.

that's like your opinion man

Looks great. White carpet underlines that you're in a luxury vehicle.

goddamn those are fucking hideous
>red
>ever

Hotspur's a classic Bentley color, faggot.

Sick Jetta, bro

>i-it was classic, that means it was good!!!!!!1!!!1!!

oh you