/scg/edg/scedge/ Star Dangerous Genreal #165

MLG Edition
>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargroots are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.
>newFAQs
pastebin.com/nz0HX5pV
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

grand dad:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/elitedangerous/announcements/detail/1268173310432612263
youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz5YPkThOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for salty edgfags

Whomst is salty?

xth for vederal flagship

unless we have an idris or some shit somewhere

Form fitting armor when? Everything doesnt need to be bulky marine armor.

CIG will never make your waifu a reality

I wonder if they'll release the one from the cutlass commercial.

I'm sure there are multiple Idrii in the vedfleet

I Imagine the default flight suits will be breddy gud.

fuggin glorious then :--DDDD

wolfpack das boot ho

Is this to express approval for the level of detail, or is there something wrong with it that I'm missing?

Remember when Roberts said 3.0 was maybe hopefully going to be out in December 2016? Remember when 3.0 was stripped down in order to speed up the release?

Get a refund, it's a great feeling to be free of this.

there are but it came at the cost of auctioned off fursuits

>auctioned off fursuits
>wearing a used fursuit
Are the depths of degeneracy truly bottomless?

As you can see, if you mouse over the armor in the shop, it has a realistic description from a lore perspective.

The names "slaver armor", "outlaw armor", "marine armor" are just used to designate which NPCs or Star Marine teams will be wearing the gear.

Which design is more stupid gameplay-wise, the "most of the firepower in a manned turret" Hurricane or the "can't dogfight and has to jump out immediately after firing" Eclipse?

>stealth is stupid now

one is zoom and boom and the other is fucking retarded

you figure out which is which

>bombers cant dogfight

wtf i hate sc now

SC needs more ship role diversity, but all ships need to be able to do everything well at the same time. And all of them need to have full on unobscured 360 degree cockpit view.

Also, every ship feedback thread asks that the guns on their ship are increased by one size.

I'm worryingly excited about the prospect of crossing some hostile area in an Aurora with shitty but low emission gear at the minimum power levels for flight with my finger on the trigger to go to full power to either fight or run once the jig is up.

It's not about stealth, it's about the gameplay. Playing the Eclipse sounds extremely boring if you actually think about it past 'oh em gee torpedos from nowhere'.

The entire point of playing an assassin role in any video game is staying undetected, sneak attacking, and then escaping.

not being sarcastic, I was just impressed when that happened.

Yeah, but there's actually tactics involved in being an assassin. Usually.

With the Eclipse, there's no strategery beyond "power as low as possible, clench your asshole and hope the sensor operators are asleep at the wheel"

We'll need to see how the scanning gameplay on a multi-crew ship actually works before we can figure out what strategy will be involved in the part of the aggressor.

Like clockwork

Definitely the Hurricane. I think the Eclipse could maybe be fun
Glass cannon shitstomping is fun.
Especially if the enemy has .1 seconds to react before they become stardust

>in an Aurora
>fight
>run
but an aurora is incapable of doing either of those things thanks to the p2w power creep.

Hurricane would be fine as a glass cannon assuming you will actually ever be able to slave the turret or replace it with an auto turret.

You just have to make it to quantum to run, and a LN can hold its own against a shittier pilot. Most of the thrill is the heavily stacked odds of it all. Space is a dreadful, inhospitable place to begin with and being in a shit tier ship someplace you have no business being to begin with just sounds fun as fuck.
I have better ships, but prefer the LN because accomplishing stuff is harder in it and feels like an accomplishment. Doing the ICC loop in a Bucc is just boring compared to the LN.

why does it feel like im playing ED out of context? Like it's a tech demo or something without any sort of background to what's going on

Practically everyone who plays feels this way. It's because to get involved with the game, you are required to either keep up with reading Galnet, the forums, or join a player group. For example, want to find out just what the fuck the Formidine Rift is, and why its a mystery? There's a forum thread with 10k+ posts for you to sift through. Want to figure out what Salome was all about? Well you're shit out of luck because no one knows either, beyond "AYYLIUMS."

Tl;dr you feel this way because the game is filled with RNG shit with no way to actually get involved with any story or players without having to spend equally as much time in 3rd party sites/tools as time spent in the game.

Well that's a fucking shame

I'm sure someone from Space IRA will be along shortly to recruit you.

But yeah pretty much summed up what you're feeling.

I still play just because I like mindless flying around in space and PVE combat. I'm sitting on 2bil in total assets so it's not like I even need the credits. It's just fun to zip around in those imperial SLFs like I'm a Viper from BSG and my Anaconda is a mini Galactica.

Shit now I want to put turreted frag or multi cannons on it.

>"Desperate"
>Need over a thousand referrals and no other method other than advertising is ever going to give you that kind of exposure

HULLO?

Do you think the Vanduul Hunter destroyer will ever be flyable? It looks so sweet.

dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead

Wasn't there going to be an aurora rework? I remember hearing about that like... Two months ago. Did that already happen?

Aurora rework should already be done.

>masturbating to non-existent chariots when he could get the entire Wing Commando series on GOG for a great price

Sneak peeks of the Auroria rework have been thrown into the last few ATVs.

here you go

does the feeling get replaced by the insupportable urge of badmouthing SC, so you don't feel horrible when it does deliver the best promise in a realistic time frame?

There's so much shitposting here it's like they are working for Derek (for free obviously)

Not that user but defending the whole 3.0 farce just makes you come of desperate and blind.

>farce

Eh? It got delayed, that happens. Look at Cyberpunk 2077, it was announced in 2012, with promise of release/information in 2015, and here we are, it's still in development and they switched to RED Engine 4 now and have to redo their assets, it seems. It's standard game dev, only shit stirrers see it as "farce".

Not even comparible, and you know it.

It is though. It is very comparable.

It isn't though you dumb nigger.

An entire project shifting when it has an unknown scope and reasons is one thing.

Chris promising the 3.0 features within a couple of months, only for us to find out 5+ months later that said features haven't even entered development yet and 3.0 is having features stripped out of it are quite another. Its not a case of it getting delayed, its a case of it being a straight up lie.

Enjoy your koolaid.

I wonder what would it feel like if instead of properly cynic anons playing it for fun we had SC-tier cultists well-versed in every tiniest aspect of the lore.

>promising to show your game in two years
>not a peep for 4 years

>promising to release 3.0 i 2 months
>delaying it for a year

Pretty comparable, m8. CIG shows their work, so we know they are working on it. Just because you didn't get the update sooner does not make it a farce.It would be a farce if it got released and it had none or very little of promised features. This is just a delay, not much was shifted out of 3.0, and it will just go into further updates, all that we can see in the schedule notes every week now.

>implying you don't drink your own brand of koolaid
You're every bit a cultist you accuse people here to be, and you know it.

We haven't seen the actual model of the vanduul hunter yet, We keep seeing the mauler cruiser and kingship.

Also no, I highly doubt vanduul cap ships will ever be player flyable. You'd have to capture one intact when they canon self destruct themselves rather than be captured. If you somehow managed that without totally destroying the ship you'd have to repair it. It's made of materials humans are unfamiliar with and technology humans dont have access to, where are you going to get spare parts? Where are you going to get the 400 Ayylmao fuse blocks you assuredly blew out when you pummeled down the shields. Or that one cap ships scale vanduul main thruster you blew apart with a torpedo. If you manage all that further, all the controls are going to be in vanduulspeek, all the stations and interactions designed for something 3 feet taller and considerably stronger than a human, with different physiology, there wont be like, hallways and shit, vanduul live in space and thier ships are all low grav, they just kinda leap around from place to place inside the hull. You'd have to convert literally every interface and component of the ship to human friendly design and human sourceable parts. Its just not realisitcally possible.

The shorter the deadline, the more accurate you can be. Going from a month and a bit to more than a year is farcical.

>Just because you didn't get the update sooner does not make it a farce

No, fucktard. Its a farce because Chris LIED. Get it? Its not a case of "we hope it to be done by December, but whoops, delays happen". It was NEVER going to be out in December. Simply was not possible.

>It would be a farce if it got released and it had none or very little of promised features.
>not much was shifted out of 3.0

KEK

>You're every bit a cultist

Cultist to who?

Jesus Christ, how dense are you? I'm not even that guy but when someone tells me that "he hopes" to get something out in 3 months but when 5 months later he comes and shows me that he just started working on crucial parts of that thing, then I can rightfully call him an outright bullshitter.
Cyberpunk 2077 is a completely different thing because nobody has paid for it yet, and the company making it has another IP on their back which they likely have chosen to focus on first.

>Going from a month and a bit to more than a year is farcical.

Yeah, studios delaying their games for a year months before release dates is fine, but when CIG does it, oh no.

>he doesn't fly an Orca.

But that's not what happened?

To that user's defense, Chris is known to be absolutely shit at determining release schedules and basically everything CIG has ever released got delayed, that's where the TWO WEEKS meme comes from after all. That's why most regulars here have grown numb and measly one year delay doesn't even phase them.

Well, that's the problem: you'd think that they have figured the devtime formula to be like "projected time doubled plus extra few days" and would apply it themselves instead of having the community do that. And, obviously, as the project leader, Roberts wants to promise everything to be ready "tomorrow", but when that constantly gets delayed and pushed back rather badly, it doesn't look good at all.

The only redeeming point of SC development is their openness and communication. Just look at the maddening in ED subreddit for contrast. Engineers are taking considerably longer than "yearly expansion" it was supposed to be. Coupled with the fact that 2.4 is supposed to be super secret surprise, they are chimping out that all is lost, that ED is a buggy mess, that Fdev is spending all the revenue on Planet Coaster and that basically Elite is absolutely finished. To the point that Fdev actually had to respond with "Relax, people, have no new info": steamcommunity.com/games/elitedangerous/announcements/detail/1268173310432612263

what happened to the Power Rangers rapefic?

That shit is from Kastak too? I thought they only made duct tape crap. Does that mean that every single armor will have the same stats?

VISION wrestling. I'd watch that.

Ohmyshoulder

[delays ur game]

>spectrum off-topic

Please let the Harbinger be good

>mates unironically spent 300$ on SC just so they have the biggest ships of the team
I'm glad I bought a cutlass when it was cheaper and stuck with it.
I'll never give another cent.

spooky orca

Poor samurai birds. I can't believe we wiped out their home planet.

>check SC after like 2 years of ignoring it
>gimbals are still a thing
So will they ever fix this or will we actually get a space sim where the only viable control option is mouse+keyboard?

I hope so. I'll never play SC with mouse and keyboard. It feel so wrong. I don't care about "muh kills"

AAA game always took around 10 years to make from scratch. Chris lies aside you are a retard if you didn't expect stretch-goal SC to take that long.

Chris seem to operate on Valve time

All that matter is for 3.0 delivers the critical features "network + seamless planet" and anything they cut will only be a question of time, because the fundamentals will be here.

>Microsoft Freelancer

Its successor son.

>NMS

What a meme lol

youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz5YPkThOU

Stop complaining, you can play with joystick just fine.
It would be stupid to downgrade the most common interfaces just to favor joystick-newbies

Which was over a decade ago and almost no other game uses that kind of control system.

Having an aim assist or auto aim would of been for the better.

Still the best space sim of all time.

It's good and holds up pretty well but we should have something better in 2017.

Many solution exist, many opinion exist.

It mission impossible to preserve balance for very different interface, the best they can do is make them work without killing the gameplay.
(you do idiots who still want gamepad and console version)

>flight sim
>not making joystick the default controller option around which gameplay features are built
defend this

>thousand years in the future
>still using sticks to pilot anything

Well I don't see a mouse and keyboard inside my cockpit

>6 dof spaceships 900 years in the future.
>a "flight sim"

If the current trend holds in the future everything will be controlled with Xbox controllers.

Stick throttle and pedals is the control scheme for aeronautics, not space. Even the shuttle, a spaceplane uses T-sticks for translation control. The fact of the matter is that we have no idea what will be used to control even true interplantetary craft, if there any human control involved at all. More likely the reality will be "tell the computer where to go and it calculates how to get there" with no direct human piloting at all. Even if thats not the case I can promise you it wont be conventional aircraft controls, they just don't have whats needed for a totally different kind of motion. It's like trying to fly an airplane with a helming wheel and rigging ropes.

1) joystick are costly equipment, limited keys & are unsuitable for FPS
2) mouse&keyboard are much more versatile & suitable for a much wider variety of gameplay
3) the inherent superiority of m&kb to target, stand for future tech improving shitty 20th joystick

As you see, playing with joystick should be inferior unless you also have eyes tracker to control the gimbals & turrets.

I'd let her find my enlightenment.

Don't even need CIG for that, VS are just humans in spandex, Im pretty sure that can be arranged.

I agree with all that, but there's much more about SC that's not very realistic (e.g. having dogfighting at all).
Point is, stick and pedals IS the way people fly in the SC universe, you can literally see your character use them.
So why shouldn't using a stick be at least as feasible and competitive as using a fugin mouse and keyboard?

Why are all the Alien races in SC some kind of humanoid reptile?

Becasue a stick is an inherently less precise way to control than a mouse. If anything stick is used we should be using fixed non-flexible sticks like the x65f/the f-16 stick.
The simple reality that its takes longer to move a stick than a mouse means that the stick will always be inferior for precision aiming, even whiles its better for primary control/actual flying because Stick is less twitchy/jittery. Stick simply cannot adjust as quickly and precisely as a mouse. This is why I use the stick and throttle that I have for bigger ships and a mouse/kb for fighters, its all about whats the greater concern, flight control or gunnery.

Also stick and throttle is feasible, plenty of well rated players fly with a stick, its just takes more practice and effort than a mouse for two primary reasons. First, years of playing FPS and browsing the web have already dialed in everyones familiarity with mouse control, it not like the mouse is automatically better, its that you have probably tens of thousands of hours of practice in its precise use. Spend ten thousand hours flying hornets with fixed guns and a joystick, I bet you'll bee pretty damned good at it. Second every joystick off the shelf requires a significant investment in time and knowledge to get it tuned properly for a given user and game. the tuning being an ongoing process that continues as you become familiar with using a stick to control. Even Prior time in a atmospheric flight sim is of only minimal use due to a total divergence in both control scheme and flight mechanics. In atmo aircraft turn slowly and move mostly along one curving axis. Thats just the case in space. Space Combat in SC has more in common with a high mobility infantry game like Tribes or Quake than it does with DCS or MSFS.

Only Xian.

'duul are like some sort of predatory cat/fish/thing, clearly a throwback to the Kilrathi.
Banu Are just fugly humanoids.
Tevarin are Birdayy lmaos.

teravin are bird people

>All that matter is for 3.0 delivers the critical features "network + seamless planet"

Network fix is RIP for 3.0

>Chris lies aside you are a retard

uh huh

fuck off, apologist.

>All that matter is for 3.0 delivers the critical features "network + seamless planet"

We already know that it won't you moron

>No waifu fighters, to protect your ship.