Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BO72Lg7OZ6U
youtube.com/watch?v=ShBoZt71pbs
cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2014-Nissan-GT-R-c23873
youtube.com/watch?v=ddfDgq7nKE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How does it breathe?

through the very first production turbocharger

Obviously there are handling focused and power focus cars from all over, no need to make a thread with a confrontational tone.

>how come isn't every engine in the front
Americans, everyone.

The joke went by you.

I unironically wish Chevy brought back the Corvair as a modern MR2/Fiero.

All Americans are stupid because one user didn't know the Corvair was rear/mid? (Can't remember)

Let me guess, you're an american too?

Turn? Did you mean to say turn? Because you're correct.

I am but I don't see how nationality should matter, just individual merit.

Go back to your Ricky and Morty, kid.
You can't even google to see where the Corvair engine sits, ffs.

Cool bait thread

I'm Reddit because I didn't look up specifics when the important bit to that post was the engine not being in the front?

You're Reddit because you didn't know this car is famous for oversteering, hence it winning a book about it, "Unsafe at any speed", which changes a shitton of regulations regarding car safety.

Yeah, you're dumb.

Im awarr of the Corvair's history, but I could post any of the alpha platform GM cars, 2011+ PP mustangs, any of the FFR kit cars, etc. Also OP's filename is 1960-69 Corvair. In 65 they received revised rear suspension, so it could be one that doesn't have the issues swing axle brings. Why so negative?

someone's using google to its full potential

To be fair Unsafe At Any Speed is well known, but it's not all Corvairs. Just the early ones.

>RR
>oversteers
Holy FUCK alert the media!

The car OP posted isn't one of the affected Corvairs. It's a 65-69 model which has fully independent rear suspension. It's the 1960-63 models that had swing axles and no front sway bar, 64s got one as well as a transverse leaf spring like a Corvette.

Yes that one turns and as a bonus will kill you in the process

"Unsafe at any speed" is not just about the Corvair. Ralph Nader was proven wrong about the Corvair anyway by multiple sources. And his criticisms were directed at the first gen Corvair exclusively. The second gen Corvair is what is pictured in the OP. My friend looks like you're Reddit.

Yeah, even beetles received better suspension, but front impact was still an issue.

Google harder, Morty.

Fuck off Nader

I don't even watch Rick and Morty you troglodyte.

Safety was an issue for every car in the 60s, regardless of engine location.

itt we abuse google and argue about who watches rick and morty

UHHH THICKER

*BUURRRRPPP*
HEY MORTY
*BURRP*
GOD ISN'T REAL MORTY
*drinks booze*
ONLY REDNECKS AND RETARDS THINK GOD IS REAL MORTY
*burps spittle*
I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE MORTY
I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCKKKKK
youtu.be/BO72Lg7OZ6U

In the but

I kind of want a pickle Twingo edit for ironic shitposting.

Why do europeans feel the need to act this autistic?

Here's the face, go wild.

Stop being a dick

maybe you should try Google and look up what years had they inferior handling characteristics and how Ralph Nader was proven wrong. why are all europoor diesel 3 cyl drivers btfo magnets?

This

I've said this many times before. Use the front suspension of the Alpha chassis Camaro, the front suspension of an Epsilon chassis Impala in the back (to make it easier to use transverse drivetrains in the back).
Use a 1.4L Turbo base model, with 2.5L Ecotec (200 HP), 2.0L turbo (255 HP), and 3.6L V6 (335 HP) options

This would be cool as hell, but I don't think it would ever happen for two reasons.

1. Camaro
2. Corvette

A New Corvair would kill base Camaro sales.

The market isn't there. Rear wheel drive cars don't sell for shit nowadays.
It's more profitable for GM to spend the R and D money on generic crossovers.

The engine crushed his abdomen before he could finish his sentence.

you could honestly just make the interior even more garbage than the camaro, but cheaper in price, and enthusiasts and very budget oriented people would buy it. maybe place it inbetween the focus some how.

But that's a second gen Corvair in the OP. The first gen did it first along with the Oldsmobile Jetfire (albeit with the latter on a totally different engine).

Covairs have always had a special place in my heart.
I learned to drive in a 64
I learned stick in a 65
I helped my grandpa lay carpet in a 65 greenbrier
I went to my first car shows in a ramp side
My first engine rebuild was a 180
Constantly drove in a 64 Spyder with a faulty ignition so you had to push start it.

Best part was none of them had seat belts

Technically the Olds did it first, by a few months before the first gen Corvair.

This. America doesn't have a true BRZ/Miata competitor (in the sense they have no lightweight sports cars), the Corvair would be some welcome competition.

I tried

yeah. The new camaro is fuckin cool and all, and its really great and turns, but it's 70k. your other options at that price range are a bunch of luxury german cars, the corvette, or save up 15k more and buy the GTR. A miata/brz competitor thats price to compete would be awesome.

I hear they do pretty well at autox and at the track with not a lot of work. They're also just begging for a V8 swap. Bitches that are afraid of a little CO need not apply.

Toyobura competes at pony car price points.
>base brz 29k
>base Camaro 28k

wtf how can that be so shit

just open up the original morty cucumber on paint, blank out the eyes / mouth / nose by using pick colour to get the green paint and shade in those face features

then just copy and paste and reposition the eyes / face.

simple m8

I am on my phone dude. Pc broke down 2 weeks ago

gm btfo since 1959 lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=ShBoZt71pbs

>The new camaro is fuckin cool and all, and its really great and turns, but it's 70k.
that's only for the ZL1.
>your other options at that price range are a bunch of luxury german cars
they won't be anywhere near as fast for that price.
>or save up 15k more and buy the GTR
you'd have to save up 30k more for the base and 80k more for the nismo if you want comparable performance.

>rear engine to provide weight to the powered wheels
>rear wheel drive, wherein the power is sent to the wheels God intended when he made our earth
>near-zero powertrain loss
>lighter than FF
>cheaper than FF
>doesn't suffer from understeer like FF

>only Porsche makes RR
>and a twingo and a smart car

So why isn't RR as common?

wtf, twingo is not a RR car

Third gen is. First and Second were FF.

practicality and safety.
FF exhibits understeer which is infinitely safer for retards to deal with.
Having the engine at the rear also means there's less mass at the front to absorb impacts in a crash

Third gen Twingos are RWD. They're sister cars to the Smart car.

>or save up 15k more and buy the GTR
>you'd have to save up 30k more for the base and 80k more for the nismo if you want comparable performance.
wrong
>>your other options at that price range are a bunch of luxury german cars
>they won't be anywhere near as fast for that price.
also wrong, this is m series territory
>>The new camaro is fuckin cool and all, and its really great and turns, but it's 70k.
>that's only for the ZL1.
i literally said the new camaro dipshit

you can literally find 2015 black edition GTRs for 70k even, link related
cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2014-Nissan-GT-R-c23873

Is that also the same reason why there are more MR cars than RR? On that note, has Japan ever made an RR car?

speaking of M cars, i like how the 6 speed manual M5 is only available in the US, and not in Europe.

does the turbo give air to the radiator too

>On that note, has Japan ever made an RR car?
Probably a kei car if anything.

>So why isn't RR as common?

Ask Paul Walker or watch some Porsche fail compilations. There's a reason why nearly all high performance race cars are mid engined or FR.

A non-nismo GTR isn't going to be faster than ZL1.

>also wrong, this is m series territory
And the M series are nowhere near as fast as a ZL1. No german car for 70k is especially not from BMW, Audi, or Mercedes.

>i literally said the new camaro dipshit
You didn't say ZL1 retard, you just said "the new camaro is great and all but its 70k" did you not realize there was more than 1 trim?

60s Kei cars like the Subaru 360 and the Mazda Carol had them.

We do have some, but they're kit cars.

>non nismo gtr isn't going to be faster than a gtr
you know the nismo gtr is literally just a regular gtr with a bigger turbo right? it's not that much faster, and the gtr is already faster than the corvette memes aside.

the zl1 only makes 650 horsepower, the new M5 makes 600 how much faster do you think it is with 50 extra horsepower?

i said the new camaro, and i said 70k. i obviously mean the zl1 faggot, use your fucking brain, you even knew what i meant.

just gonna go ahead and say, since you're retarded, the Nismo gtr for comparison makes 591 horsepower.

You do know the same year camaro is known as one of the best touring cars of its day right?

Isn't that the one that used to dominate the BTCC? It would get chased by Mini's through the turns but destroy them on the straights

Stock beetle with swing-axle on 20 y.o. 165/80 tires would handle more G's than a modified corvair any day.

yeah, it is still used in touring car masters as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=ddfDgq7nKE8

>you know the nismo gtr is literally just a regular gtr with a bigger turbo right?
No it isn't, do you really believe the aerodynamic improvements and suspension /carbon fiber do nothing? do you know there's like a 5 second gap bewteen the Nismo and a 2016 non-nismo on Willow?

>it's not that much faster
it can be anywhere from a 2-3 second improvement on most tracks.

>the zl1 only makes 650 horsepower, the new M5 makes 600 how much faster do you think it is with 50 extra horsepower?
The SS 1LE is as fast as an M4 GTS which is a much more track oriented car than an M5 which is going to be focused on comfort and weigh a shit-ton more than even a ZL1. the new M5 itself isn't even out yet and you are only looking at horsepower which is naive as shit. a CTS-V and a ZL1 ride on the same platform and have the same engines making the same power and even the CTS-V is no where near as fast as a ZL1. you're missing quite a lot out of the equation.

>i said the new camaro, and i said 70k
Camaros don't start at 70k they start at around 25.
>i obviously mean the zl1 faggot
Then why didn't you just say that?

Inferiority complex

I like to disqualify the olds because it was a huge failure and was phased out after a few months. the Corvair at least made it 4 years, ending in 66.

Chevy was actually losing money when they stopped production of this car, because it had so little in common with the other chebbies. I think to this day they are afraid for that reason only.

how would you act if you were reminded every day by everything of your inferiority?

Just because it wasn't successful doesn't mean it wasn't the first.

this is considered comedy today? fuck this timeline

They hired womyn writers for muh diversity. Went about as well as you could expect.

I mean, if it had one?

Yeah but you're still retarded

Glass houses, throwing stones, etc

Here's a new maymay for you