/tbcg/ - The Burning Crusade General

TBC time is now edition

Gummy open beta beginning tomorrow May 27th
New Warmane 1x realm opening tomorrow May 27th 13:00 Server Time

>what is this?
Similar to /elyg/ this is a general specifically for World of Warcraft private servers running The Burning Crusade expansion.

>servers
-Warmane's Outland 5x exp, p2w
-Warmane's Medivh 1x no p2w

-Burning Crusade - Open beta starts tomorrow

>Where can I get game clients?
Warmane.com/download

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist isn't in read only mode. If this fails download your client from a new website

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread

horde for 1x

This

My main concern with Gummy is that we are one sperg out from the server going bye bye. At least with Warmane if one of the devs gets hit by a bus or loses his shit, we won't be screwed because of it.

ill go orc war

nice meme but we already decided ally

>we

yes, we
deal with it easy mode cuck

wtf im allybull now

insta bg qs for ally. lets go

shit racials for ally, let's not.

horde it is

lmao whats wrong baby, need a crutch to gitgud?

Warmane 1x will be dead just fyi
zeth'kur 2.0

more like Lordaeron 2.0

which is not ded

there are way more people playing wotlk instead of tbc. They're making a new server when Outland only has like 5k people, there's no reason to play warmane tbc when gummy is coming out soon.

>Open beta server that will be wiped 2 months in
>Not dead server

pick one

All we're getting is a beta, who fucking knows when the server will actually be released and
>gummy
>hosting in fucking new york city
yeah im sure that will go well

>gummy is coming out soon.
>gummy

i'm not saying wait for the beta i'm saying just wait a month extra for the actual server

it's obviously coming soon, but that's true he hasn't given a release date. It doesn't matter where you host, servers get shut down the same across the globe.

>wait for the server hosted by the guy who has shut down his two past attempts to host a server

>play on a proven server now that has a paid team updating it

hm

Really considering abandoning my Outland warrior and just making a rogue on Icecrown, then probably abandoning that too...

More like babby doesn't want to pointlessly disadvantage himself.

When you see a nelf hunter or some shit you immediately assume he's a dumb retard for picking such a garbage racial.

Ally is dead on outland, it's possible to say LF1M DPS to a 70 dungeon in global and get no whispers

>shadowmeld
>garbage racial
did they change it from vanilla to bc because its pretty great in vanilla

don't make me send my army of helmets to hunt you down

Rolling and Orc rogue on x1 tomorrow and going hard on first day (20 hours+) ...can't wait to actually be able to lvl mining/JC/firstaid/fishing/cooking as I am leveling

Need a guild, though

>When you see a nelf hunter or some shit you immediately assume he's a dumb retard for picking such a garbage racial.
Or maybe people use factors for decision other than just the racials?

I've been playing a 70 priest healer on Outland and it's an absolute fucking CHORE to find groups. Fucking disgusting.

changed from vanilla

Gonna try and do the same, get ahead of the pack.

Gonna roll UD mage.

Alliance or horde?

>there are people who will choose a race they don't like on private server for a game over 10 years old because they want a .5% "advantage"

this must be the real autism

>the advantage cuck xd lol!

yeah we know you're going to be racing for world firsts on stock mangos raids and competing for top 5 in arena with the 4 other druid/warlock retail gladiator washouts

if you care about tbc this much and this late you need to kill yourself

Oh, yeah... Alliance.

That was the whole point of my post and yet I somehow forgot to mention it.

Man i really want to do BC endgame again but fuck i just cannot be bothered levelling in this game any more. Have fun guys.

>0.5% advantage

This delusion.If you think WOTF over shadowmeld is a 0.5 advantage you're straight-up retarded.

It's not about competing for the stock raids, it's about choosing based around what has the highest upper limit. It's not about not putting yourself in a position where you hit a wall because you chose a different race at the selection sceen.

Besides, the most UNFUN thing in the game is losing control of your character, and enjoying the non-gameplay of being stunlocked, UD and orc reduce that.

>taking shit this seriously

dude it's a 10 year old PVE game with afterthought pvp get over yourself and just have fun instead of trying to measure how big your dick is

sure bro

That's why I'm choosing the faction which is going to be populated, since the x5 server is dead as fuck on alliance and it's going to be even more difficult to level alliance on the x1.

>Not playing a game to win

Seriously though, we are all playing games for different reasons. I personally can't enjoy a game unless I feel I can play a unique or underplayed build and make it better than 99% of the other people playing ...racials are part of that limited build customization that there ever was in wow and sadly UD/Orc are the right choice the majority of the time.

I'll still play human priests, gnome rogues, etc though...

I play vidya so i can pretend i'm in a world I like and that i'm a person I like

BC endgame I want to do karazhan but not sure if I want to tank as a war or dps as a hunter.

Gummy is going to be an amazing experience similar to NOST original launch I think. In such a crowded world, being a rogue has perks of course but fuck I want to rank of course.

Hunter rogue or warrior?

never enough warriors

>just bought another month of subscription on wow
>played since vanilla
>haven't played since WOD launch
>log on to my lvl 80 rouge
>join RDF but not a single other person joins
>orgrimmar is almsot completely empty
>log off after an hour and ask blizzard for a refund

what happened to this game?

Org is empty because everyone is in dalaran.

>tbcg dead in 3 days
Why you guys get such a boner over burning crusade? Vanilla is better and doesn't have you playing on p2p + p2w funservers because no alternatives exist.

>No flying mounts in Vanilla
>Shamans and Paladins segregated which means there's not a 60-40 discrepancy between horde and alliance population
>No ERP race for hordies
>Always a quality server to pick from

>badge system
>worthwhile reputations
>raids scaled down to 25 from the clusterfuck that is 40 man raiding
>outland aesthetics
>sockets in gear
>tbc talent trees shit on vanilla
>heroic dungeons
>arena
all shit that makes TBC better

Why are there so many level 70s questing in mid 60 zones? It's not like they're attuning themselves for anything out in Nagrand

for money probably

What, 1x TBC server, im so there
the only thing keeping me from doing Warmanes TBC shit was the 5x
BElf pally here i come.

quests give 10g each, why wouldnt they be questing nigga

>slogging through shit quest drop rates and competing for tags instead of farming primals/cloth
epic my man

the only part of tbc that isn't objectively better than vanilla is flying mounts.

Personally, TBC is the only expansion that I enjoyed flying mounts in. I really enjoyed the flying exclusive zones (not the Ogri'la dailies though). After TBC it was just catering to an aspect that they previously implemented and weren't willing to get rid of

ree i want play pally or warrior but literally 50% of server pop in tbc playing these classes

>warrior
lots
>pally
not really

You're a special kind of retard if you pick your class based on first week memers

Wanna play on Warmane's tbc server(s?) but can't decide what class between rogue, shaman, or paladin. Faction doesn't matter to me.

i might go Tauren Druid, since my first ever character was a Boomkin
i just like Paladins as well

Shaman

Should also specify combat, enhancement and prot.

What faction then? Horde?

>30 levels below max
>actually expecting people to play with
????

join horde. unless you like the look of alliance characters.

if you pick a NE i will corpse camp the shit out of you

Are you an edgy male forsaken rogue?

shitty belf lock

Name?

I know people would complain endlessly about it, but one aspect of later xpacs with flying that i liked a lot was the item that knocked people off of mounts. I think one was in panda, then updated versions in WoD (and legion, i think?). I don't think there was anything before that besides the shaman thundersomething spell knocking people off of their mounts earlier during wrath.
BUT, my point is I wish tbc had something like that. One of the things i dislike about tbc that I'm sure lots of others do as well is the "flying to avoid wpvp" aspect. I think you're right that it's still done relatively well during tbc and I do think it's the best use of flight compared to the later xpacs, but I still think something like that would be neat.
I can't see it happening either way, as we barely get functioning tbc servers much less any with custom content.
For reference, I could be a little off, but i believe the items had a 10 min CD or so and kind of a shitty range, so they were useful for sure (tho kind of irrelevant by WoD) but not overpowered, also at least in MoP was mildly annoying to get (rare mob, competition for tag, etc).

chinked?

reee?

>be Alliance priest on Outland
>suffer

Considering starting over on Medivh on Horde side now..

Alliance healer priest here.

Doing just that.

We need him to return and save us from Lndi.

What does this "open beta" mean, will progress be wiped?

1x is going to be absolute hell, warmanes pretty fun but the vanilla content is absolutely not good enough to be abel to level at 1x speed

>leveling is so hard man I hate leveling it's so BORING

Might as well go horde and play tbc as a 1 faction game

open beta means you don't need an invite to play it. anyone can just make an account and play.
and yes progress will be wiped. Betas are in 99.99% cases always wiped before the real game launches. What kind of retard are you?

>alliance players on 5x rerolling horde
>horde players will keep rolling horde
lol... might as well just make server pve for those few alliance suckers

Alliance should get free mounts or something on these garbage TBC servers, the pop is gonna be like 15% ally max

Is the 5x server progressive
How is the 1x server if I'm playing this as my secondary game

Both are progressive, but the 5x server is easy mode pve.
They just posted that 1x will not have some crazy custom buffs.
Would guess they just use corecraft values (some of which are custom buffs i suppose)

Why would they not have the 5x server as just 5x rather than nerfing the pve? Kind of annoying

>Why would they not have the 5x server as just 5x
huh?

some guides for tbc ?

I mean just have one server with 5x xp rates, but would otherwise be identical in terms of difficulty etc.

so wait is this 1-70 or 58-70?

>What kind of retard are you?

One that lives in a time when most "betas" are just a name slapped on a full product shoved out the door too early to avoid criticism, not actual betas.

They (Warmane) didn't nerf anything, Blizzard nerfed old content on retail as new content was released in order to make the old stuff more accessible for casuals. Warmane copied over the HP values etc from patch 2.4.3.
What they'll do on the x1 server is buff content to simulate how it was on retail at the time when it was released.

The faster things are on farm on the 5x server the sooner they can start selling those items on their cash shop :^)

I really wanna play here on the 1x, but Paladins are so goddamn garbage compared to druids and priests, especially in arena. It's 2017 and people aren't 100% terrible anymore so ranking a pala to like 2.4k would be pretty damn hard I imagine.

lol a lot of stuff even had wotlk values before it was reported on the bug tracker

be a qt sissy BE pally and give me buffs :)

I...I'm going alliance...

big mistake.

Enjoy only being able to group with your tranny ERP click.

Anyone who rolls Ally blatantly didn't roll Ally on the x5. This is gonna be a 1 faction server.

Instant BG queues isn't worth the leveling, and being unable to find groups for dungeons at 70.

I never liked easymode to begin with! I'll play alliance against all odds :3

enjoy not having enough people to even do kara LOL
agree.
t. was alliance on hellground

you dumb motherfucker

There is not "against all odds." There is NO odds. You will outnumbered 10-1 in outland. You will constantly be surrounded by so many horde and they will do whatever you like with your boipussi, and if you even LOOK at them the wrong way you'll be camped into oblivion.

I was party to what I'm sure was the first ally ring of blood in x5. We did by forming a raid at 5 a.m. We had to form a raid to do a group quest.

The x1 will always be even worse.

you're a dumb fucking weeb faggot
just go alliance, i don't retards like you in my horde

>i don't retards like you in my horde
smirkinganimeface.jpg