What is your dad's dream car?

What is your dad's dream car?

He doesn't have one because he's not alive anymore.

Oh...

i think E31 8 series

Literally just a reasonably comfy, cheap, spacious and reliable wagon that'll get him from A to B with minimum effort and cost involved.

Definitely Miura

Doesn't have a specific, not much of a car guy. I asked him to describe what he would like in a car

>SUV
>automatic
>not slow

He drives a grocerygetter-econobox-Nissan-now

no he's not a boomer, he was born in '56

>There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends. Demographers and researchers typically use birth dates ranging from the early-to-mid 1940s and ending from 1960 to 1964. Increased birth rates were observed during the post–World War II baby boom, making the baby boomers a relatively large demographic cohort. Strauss and Howe define boomers as those born from 1943-1960.

holy shit literally the definition of a baby boomer

A '69 Mustang. Not American so an old Mustang like this is pretty exotic here.

A ford raptor would be cool for him but its not an SUV.

A fox body mustang, 5.0

A car he always wanted since he was younger, I'll buy him one some day.

Eurofag so the only truck on Ford's website is the fucking Ranger even though there's a page for a GT. And trucks aren't really a thing here anyways as all of the working class just drive vans instead.

A high performance sports car, RWD, decked out to be comfy as fuck with a nice and luxurious interior, classy and luxurious looking exterior.

oh shit I thought it was just 40s kids

no wonder he acts like one

So my dad was born in 62, his dream car is a 1974 oldsmobile cutlass supreme with the opera windows.

59 camino

I don't know why I think they're ugly as shit.

i'd be down with any other camino, but those fins are just too much

A V6 EcoBoost Escape maybe.

black r129 5/600 i think
idk why he didn't buy one yet,they're cheap as fuck,reliable,not bad on upkeep and look amazing

64 1/2 mustang

66-71 Mopar classics
60-64 Pontiacs

Basically any of those. He's too much of a pussy to pull the trigger every time he gets close to buying one

He is a very complicated man.

Pretty much he is either all for the 911 turbo or a 1990s Thunderbird.

A brand new, manual Porsche 911

They aren't reliable. The wiring harnesses get chewed up very easily and the electronics are very finicky. Pretty sure suspension components are very expensive too.

An A8 estate. But he doesn't have the money for an A8, let alone transforming it into an estate.

So just get an A6???

1965 Cadillac Coupe

Pardon the shitty watermarks, couldn't find a good picture

60's orange westfalia

are you sure?
i know about the biodegradable bs but as far as i know that's it
also the airmatic isn't really a problem,he's got a good bit of experience with them

my whole life he talked about wanting a 7 series but we were always poor
he finally got financially secure enough for a bmw but had to settle for a 3 series
he still loves it
talked about wanting a tesla for a while but i think hes given up on that
he just wants a better bmw now

He grew up watching the original win le mans and when the retro revival came out he loved it. If I ever have enough money while he's alive I'm buying him one

Lel

4x4 golf wagon with the diesel off the touran
Because he's a badgewhore who "prefers diesels"

If I ever get some decent money, the first thing I'm gonna do is get him the car he really deserved

Merc SUV
Be brought one at one point but returned it once he realised it was overpriced and underpowered

1970 chevelle ls6, which he will never be able to have because by the time he will buy one the boomers will have pushed musclecar prices to fucking stratospheric levels. also he was born in 1971 so not a boomer

This

He has it, I think

my dad has one, it's pretty nice

69 Camaro SS Convertible

Him and my mother actually had 4 68-69 Camaros at one time when they were dating. It's a shame they got rid of/totaled them all. I probably would've ended up with one.

My BMW E38 750. He loves the simple yet luxurious interior, offers everything without being overloaded with touchscreens and shit. Alwso loves the handling of that thing.
Frankly, I love it all too.

mom, when she was weight
but with the weight she gained after having us

A tiger tank to clean the streets.

A Toyota pickup truck.
I was gonna buy him a new Tacoma TRD and he went out and bought a used 98 Tacoma for $3k instead.

E38 is objectively the best 7-Series.

he's a farmers so probably a jeep or a tractor

This... but this.

Would buy it for him right now if it'd bring him back

Oddly, this one is located in a town that has his name

Today I showed him the new Bentley Conti GT and he loved it so much that he called up his old friend who's right now a Bentley Dealership manager to know more on it. Before this, for him it was a Porsche 911 Turbo.

Ha maybe he would want you to have it?
Seems a little uncanny. Maybe you should at least go take a look at it, for your dad?

*E32

'55 Chevy Bel-Air, tubbed out, chopped, flames down the side, pretty much a Boomer's wet dream. He loves the kind of shit they do on Counts Kustoms.

he wanted an elan to restore, but i think he'd also wanted to own another TR7 at some point. shame i never knew anything about cars while he was still alive.

On closer examination it looks like it's just the ghost of an ad that was on craigslist eight months ago. It was a thousand miles away from me anyway. Plus he ultimately said that he preferred his Buick Electra Park Avenue to the Thunderbird in the end. It was a pretty quick, comfy car with a 3800 in it but FWD so I don't usually bother posting it in these kind of threads.

cts-v wagon

Plymouth duster

He doesn't have a dream car, he likes trucks and the high driving position so basically he's gay

Pic very much related

A shame he doesn't like the flush-headlight model one more, tsk

Not gay, just insecure so he needs to sit higher than others

Also might be because it's hard to climb in/out of cars. If he has to climb in/out of trucks, then first answer applies

>Dogde Demon 1971
>RWD
>V8
>3 stages in transmission box
>5200 cc

"A car that bitches respect"
He says

'56 was in the middle of the Baby Boom you dip.

GT3RS

father born in 55. His dream is a 55 chevy bel air.

My fathers dream car.

And my Mothers, just for fun

I don't blame him.

It's a sign from God, you're a good son for wanting to buy him his favorite car. Pretty sure my dad would've wanted a new 7 series to replace his old one that was totaled by some idiot in the 90's.

he's not alive anymore but I know he always wanted a yamaha vmax

He has it, it's pretty comfy actually.

dodge challenger
>inb4 family car

Is your dad's name Cletus or Tyrone by any chance?

Already has it and gave it to me to use for drag racing

He has two:

A 428 CJ Mach I

An Austin Healey 3000

I think he's got some fine taste.

Don't ask why, I still have no idea.

The best part is that he's a boomer.

SW20 best gen

Audi S6 Sedan

My dad was born in Russia and grew up there. When we moved here we grew a business and we kept growing it until he had the money to buy a G class. He always wanted one because it was like the ultimate car in Russia. He got into it on the test drive and literally said: "this is shit, why did I ever want this". He wants a restored Lada now. (He ended up buying an s class though)

70 hemi cuda

Ferrari F355 Spider was (and still is) my dad's dream car with the Testarossa being a close second.

He was actually seriously considering purchasing one used around the time my brother was born but decided against it having 2 young kids and what not. While it would of been more of a mechanical nightmare than the 97 Jag he bought my mom for their anniversary a few years back, it would of been seriously cool to have a car like that around.

Same as mine

I really don't know, don't know if he is into cars either, I think he isn't. But with I guess he's okay with his new 530i and all the assistant systems he ordered

My dad doesn't give a fuck about cars, he just sees them as appliances. He's been driving Nissan Frontiers since I was like 7.

A Volvo XC90, he always drove Volvos as a young man and when he had a family but left the brand when Ford ruined them.
Now that he's near retirement age he wants a Volvo again since they're back to being luxurious as powerful.

850CSi Im pretty sure
only other cars he's mentioned in that way would be '56 Thunderbirds, and old 60s Land Rovers

He wants a restored 62 Thunderbird because his dad drove when he was a kid.

My old man also yearns for an old shitbox Moskvitch with the anemic piece of shit 1.3 litre Opel clone engine, not the glorious 1.5 litre BMW M10 clone.

From what I've gathered, the 1.3 litre was a truly horrible engine, full of fucked up design that just got worse with sub-par slav engineering.

Porsche 911 GT3

my old man loves hilux for whatever reason

merc s-class wagon

e-class* sorry

He loves mid 70s Lincolns and Caddies

Either a Callenger Hellcat, Model X P100D, or a Focus RS. He doesn't care a lot about old stuff.

Kinda wide range, but not bad taste imo.

My old man is mostly about supreme comfort and off-road capbility: Range Rovers, Rolls-Royce's, aston Martin, Lincoln Continental, Mercedes G-class, Lexus LS, Bentley Brooklands, Toyota Land Cruiser, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Ford Thunderbird.

my boomer dad loves this car, he saw one at a car show once and had a aneurysm

Also realistically he would also want a 2000s Pontiac GTO, i think he likes the modern car reliability and availability of parts, with the old school concept

Good taste

My dad loves vintage dictator spec yachts

He hasn't specifically called it a dream car, but he has told me he's always wanted an EG civic hatch. No black wheels and no black interior. Either that or an bmw 3 series for the i6 and rwd.

Would be cool to get him one later in life when I'm in a better place financially.

2nd gen chevelle ss

and the bmw 850 e31

One of these. He's close to retirement and wants to travel through Europe with his 16 year younger wife