/mcg/ - Minecraft General - pumpjacks edition

Previous Thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2770122-the-right-branch-of-development-a-complete-new
imgur.com/a/ASktk
piratepad.net/autismserb
youtube.com/watch?v=bcgQLp7Oj3M
github.com/KryptonCaptain
mods.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/257040-the-tales-of-steve-an-rpg-adventure
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that creeper

1.10 modded serb when?

when mods come out for it

Why.

Why are all my beautiful magic mods dying. What am I to do now.

You know what you must do.

Don't let the magic die.

TECHNOLOGY
WINS
FOREVER

ALWAYS
AND
ETERNALLY

>not becoming the ULTIMATE code wizard

It's like today's Lich trials. Are you a AUTISTIC enough dude to save the modded magic community, or will you wither like so many before?

Hey /mcg/, I saw this mod on the forums yesterday and it seems too good to be true. Could you guys give me a redpill on this?

From what it sounds like it could give me the feeling of being new to the game again but I dunno if installing it would be worth my time. Thanks for any info.

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2770122-the-right-branch-of-development-a-complete-new

That would barely even change gameplay. Fuck off.

I think I'm autistic enough to save as many TC4 addons as possible

>doing in a hour and a half what wasn't done in a year and a half

Any suggestion for the building?
imgur.com/a/ASktk

thaumcraft was shit
good riddance

your opinion was shit
good riddance

piratepad.net/autismserb

Remember to come here if you want your Gregtech autism.

Why do I average 300fps with RTG as opposed to ~250 with vanilla generation and ATG?

Feels good being tech patrician master race.

Minecraft should ONLY be treated as 3D factorio. Magic shit like Witchery and Thaumcraft are stupid as fuck. If you want an adventure game go play Terraria.

I really like factorio as an adventure game. Setting up personal roboport blueprints to print out ammo stations while driving to the horizon with my boys, finding larger and larger nests to tackle. Settling down for an hour to refuel the flamethrowers. In short, fuck you.

>adventure
>not going full technomage
>not fueling your magic with pure 100% USDA Prime SCIENCE
>not using your mystical knowhow to supplement your technological empire
>not powering your science with golems whose entire life is devoted to shoveling coal or turning cranks

Tech is cancer.

How /ded/ is it?

Are there any mods that are truly worth playing in 1.10.2?

But it's so samey and boring.

Heat and climate, mcrayfish furniture mod, animania

Is there a mod that will let me go full Crusades? I have a desire for DEUS VULT

I have an instance of 1.7.10 I'm playing in with a set of mods in pic related. I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing, and more importantly, what I really ought to strip out of the loadout. I'd prefer to avoid magic this time around. Thoughts?

How do you guys feel about building your home in a plains biome? I did it because it was near everything I needed but it feels a bit bare now. Not sure if I want to move all of my livestock and mod set ups.

(assuming 1.7.10)
T.Dyes for aesthetic armour
Battlegear for that dual-wielding?
Ancient Warfare for things, mobs and structures?
GoG for kebabs to remove?

>plains
I'm more of a fan of savannahs, for that frontier feel

>I'm more of a fan of savannahs, for that frontier feel
Yeah that is nice. I remember founding Neo Rhodesia on a server once, but I've only found plains, forest, deserts and swamps so far.

STOP DEDDING

I have a fortress hovering above a snow capped mountaintop via MAGIC.

You got a pic there, user?

NO, IT'S NOT FINISHED.

Well, you better upload it when it is.

That might be a while. Work on it has been very slow recently because of unrelated government and medical related retardation.

Soon though. Soon.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'll be looking forward to it.

some of this looks interesting but some of it also looks like it was added just to be a pain in the ass

IE+Ops pic, Valkyrian Warfare, Chisel&Bits, Cyberware.

anyone know any good 1.7.10 mods that just add basalt and marble?

>Just add basalt and marble
Not just but both Railcraft/Chisel do the job.

No mod "just" does anything
If you want "just" basalt and marble you'll have to put em in yourself using quadram to put em in and COFHcore to do the worldgen.

Else railcraft adds abyssal/quarried stone which fulfill the purpose, and chisel adds marble with a lot of patterns but no jet black blocks.

are there any good comprehensive mods/modpacks that don't have a fuckton of redundancy? i'm not about to carry 5 different variants of x stone or y ore in my inventory

The one you make yourself

DURKA DURKA

youtube.com/watch?v=bcgQLp7Oj3M

Nice

>forge incompatible

Got github or just snippets of code, user? I want to do this as well

what's worse
a) crashing/bugging modded mc
or
b) boring vanilla mc
?

What do you think about that one guy being hyper autistic about your builds and how they don't have context and how you're a racist bigot

trying to find a mc server.
it's like standing in front of a store shelve with 10000 different potato chip brands and i have to try them all to find the best.
>inb4 hardcore vomiting

I called him out on his asperger antics! Ofcourse he played the "offended" card.
Once you start using emotive(!) words like "racist" or "-phobia" out of their proper context I can't anything serious anymore.

My bigger point is: people can talk shit all they want, but most of these "critics" seldom deliver themselves.

Deconstruction is important an important part, but it has to be compensated by creation.

some interior screens of the courtyard.

what in tarnation am i doing

>>forge incompatible
Isn't that everything /mcg/ ever wanted?

How do I feel the magic again?

>all of those extra cosmetic mods
>all of those "X mod compatibility ultra mega edition" mods
cut out 90% of those

i bet 90% of players build in plains biomes, even in modded.

impressive, a river with no water but enough moisture to grow grass in a mesa

>/mcg/ is stuck on 1.7.10 because it has the most mods
>"doesn't /mcg/ WANT mods that aren't compatible with eachother?"

>be crafting
>need me a harpy
>go to the desert
>it's always like this

Why the fuck do they spawn constantly, right in front of you and in massive numbers?

There arent really any other day time desert mobs, so if all you've got installed is GoG, the only thing you're gonna get are all harpies all the time. And cockatrices.

Artifice has those with great textures, but it also fucks around with the fluid registry by adding its own versions of oil, creosote and such with no way to disable that. Such a shame too, the mod is great.
No I don't want to learn how to fix this myself

Upgrade to 1.7.10.

i'm getting too old to play pixel block games anymore. i'm graving for details.

>/mcg/ complains about Forge and its developers every time it talks about Minecraft modding
>"doesn't /mcg/ WANT something, anything, that's not based on Forge?"

>I'll just make my own TC mod, with shit ported from multiple versions

>github.com/KryptonCaptain
For all my forks and other clusterfucks
Generally, anything that shows up in recent commits, or has a [Release] prefixing the description is "active"

Then your point is still moot, /mcg/ doesn't want just not forge, it wants a whole different modding paradigm, not just loner mods that aren't compatible with anything because they edit base minecraft code.

This mod is basically taking it back to the days of dumping the files into the jar

Because you didn't change the config values?

anyone know what mod adds this armor hud?
im trying out "The Tales of Steve" mod pack off the twitch launcher

Must be ArmorStatusHUD

Nah, looks more like Info XML or whatever it is

Yeah, with those small icons it's probably from InGameInfo XML.

i owe you lads a good succ
many thanks

What mod for the RPG shit?

mods.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/257040-the-tales-of-steve-an-rpg-adventure

thats the pack, i have no knowledge of most of the mods in it

>want to download camping mod
>modder's shitty site is down
>whatever it's on curseforge
>requires his retarded special snowflake core mod
>it's not on curse forge
>only available from his website
>which is down
I hate idiots.

>No I don't want to learn how to fix this myself
lazy
I stripped out everything I disliked from Artifice

Need inspiration for a factory to house immersive engineering machines in 1.7.10 survival with thaumcraft.

Preferably not expensive or too large

>techfags are "MUH MOST RECENT VERSION, MUH GAMECHANGING ADDITIONS TO VANILLA" fags
this really bonemeals my saplings

>removed even the textures
Poor mod.
Now that I think about it, the only things about the mod that really bother me are the oil and creosote so finding a way to disable those and build the mod back up should be easy enough. I'll try to put some effort into this when I can play again.

>cyberware
>roots
>embers
>immersive petroleum
>overhaul of blood magic
>the new airships mod
those alone are worth a server.

>neither of those posts had anything to do with versions

just the textures of the blocks I removed
why bloat up the file size with uneeded stuff

anyways, the basalt/marble/limestone blocks from artifice really are great

then host a server
it's not rocket surgery frind

that actually happens, and it's depressing as fuck

t. live in a shitty desert

what are decent mob mods for 1.7.10
primitive mobs looks more annoying than anything, and I keep finding lycanites just plain overpowered and wildly thematically inconsistent with every other mod out there

pls help

>complaining about mods not being on curseforge
>earlier, complaining about mods not being on forge

When did /mcg/ get taken over by FTB shills?

>doesn't want annoying mobs
even vanilla mobs are annoying at best, with MC's shitty AI you may as well play peaceful if you don't want annoying mobs

I'd rather it be on curse forge than be nowhere because some retard can't keep a website online.

Reminder that the ancient Arabians who built these architectural wonders are not directly related to modern day Arabians

>You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker

wait what

Have you looked at Project Zulu? It adds a small variety of mobs. Some are wildlife, others are enemies. It also includes world gen elements, plants, and early game survival stuff like campfires.

If you want something with more emphasis on just enemies, you could try Hostile Mobs and Girls for lots of monster girls. They're strong, but not as bad as GoG.

Who were they?

Is there any better alternatives to Pam's Harvest craft? Apiary/Fruit trees/Gardening is my jam but Pam's stuff bloats

AppleMilkTea2 and Growthcraft Community Edition

Growthcraft

forestry if you have enough autism to do all that bee and fruit tree mutation shit
growthcraft for simple bees, apple trees, a few crops (but at least those crops are unique and not copypasted like pam's) and dude alcohol lmao

I'm no history buff, but if my memory serves me the ancient Arabians who excelled in trade, mathematics and art were slowly replaced by barbarians from foreign countries who took up the name of "Arabian" as they settled in. Hence the nation's decay into degeneracy, like much of the middle-east.