>a2bikes.co.uk/
Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com
Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C0bGjXPneNk
leboncoin.fr/motos/1172922058.htm?ca=13_s
adaptivtech.com/products/tpx-pro-radar-and-laser-detection-system-north-america-version-p-01-01
gumtree.com/p/kawasaki-motorbikes/kx-125-road-legal-144-big-bore/1262019880
youtube.com/watch?v=PkIm4WO8FaE
oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/suzuki-seat-gsxr1000-2005-06-plain-or-carbon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My bike won't be here til saturday but give me some pointers on how to safely learn to ride without fucking myself or the bike up. Probably not going to pay for an MSF course so I will have to practice on the street

It does have knobbies so would it be smarter to practice in some dirt where it doesn't matter as much to drop it?

Watch far away.
Don't go too fast too soon.
Situational awareness.
Put your helmet and gloves on.

Basically don't be stupid and open your eyes.

An MSF course is still a good idea if you don't have any previous experience. But hey, your life, your money.

Just got back from a two day 660 mile roind trip to Cuckanada my ass hurts.

Fuck

G'DAY MATE

Nevermind i guess my autism too severe

Maybe you should get a permit at least.

When will Honda release a new CBR600RR?
Itching to get a new bike, tired of my Ninja 300.

Permit is done, still need insurance/registration though

I want to get a shitty kinda of old but preferably before 1985 250cc dual sport that will hopefully run well enough to test drive but will also be cheap enough that it probably requires some lI got maintenance before any serious riding. how much should my budget be? would $500 be good for a bike alone, and what will I probably spend for everything else?
I live in virginia for the difference that that makes

Better schedule an appointment for the DMV riding test asap because it's going to take a minimum 3-6mo.

>hot edition

c-coming through....

>muh passion

Just get a liter silly, 600s are a dead class

>$500

No.

Should I cop?
Cops here don't really use laser

Valentine one or nothing.

>give me some pointers on how to safely learn to ride without fucking myself or the bike up
Take the MSF Basic Rider Course (or even the intro to motorcycles/scooter course). You get well paced, methodical instruction, on well maintained and well behaved beginner bikes that you don't have to pay for if you smash.

I don't want something fuck huge and not water proof

What exactly is going to take 3-6 months?

if you mean the wait time to take the actual test then I'm not bothered, I can ride on a permit for a while with no issues

You want a dual sport so you can legally ride it on the road, but there aint no way you're getting one with a clean title for $500

I'm in rural MA but the best deals I've found for dual sports tend to be in the $1000-1500 range with clean titles that run well. Maybe $800-1000 if they have issues

Here's a running KLR650 with good title that's selling for $1300

My bike is in the shop again.

>My bike is in the shop again.
Tell us what bike so that we can shit post the reliability of the brand

Hello, is 1100€ a reasonable price for a Yamaha XT125 ?

look up how it actually performs

radar detectors are not created equal

Radar busters did a review of the previous version and it was competent.
Also only 269 through them so may just go for it

year/condition/miles?

I would suggest a 225 if you can find one

youtube.com/watch?v=C0bGjXPneNk
what the FUCK
this cunt rides a scooter all over france banging a qt every night and i can't even get grills to look at me

does it have gps lockouts?
does it have bsm filtering?
custom sweeps?
low speed muting?
digital signal processing?

>scooter riders getting more ass than you

[laughs in small displacement]

Fully restored, 12k KM, seems in good condition
leboncoin.fr/motos/1172922058.htm?ca=13_s
Looking to test the bike life

I believe it has some if not all of these, but I'm pretty ignorant of the scene and tech
adaptivtech.com/products/tpx-pro-radar-and-laser-detection-system-north-america-version-p-01-01

Brough Superior

Is it a bad idea to get a loan of 2k for my first bike? It'll be used and ive already got gear and some money for a downpayment

my parents will probably kick me out when i show up on it if that matters

Check em. Check all of em.

it has literally none of them

get one, they're great for telling you you've already been caught

That's probably the perfect bike to learn on. If you can talk him down even better. Keep it nice, don't drop it on pavement and you can probably get your money back when it's time to upgrade

>tfw the only middle class bikes are gsxr750 and Daytona 675
>ugly squid biek or British meme machine

Fuck my life. Tbh I'll probably get a 750 at some point because muh Japanese reliability and a gsxr will be somewhat more comfortable for commuting

Yet again, why not get a liter?

>Parents kick you out for buying a bike.
Wtf is wrong with them.

And yes (((loans))) are bad ideas in general. Save up a little more and buy in full.

It'll only take an extra two months to earn the rest so yeah i guess ill keep waiting

Just tired of sitting in my room doing nothing

My ma made a quick comment a while ago saying im not going to be riding a motorcycle while im living in their house.

Havent actually asked either of them since it'll just make it worse when they say no, and i get one anyway.

I commute on a gsxr and it's pretty comf. Done a few small road trips too. After a while your ass starts to hurt, but a better seat would fix that.

Trust me you will be alot happier not having loan payments hanging over your head every month.

They're more expensive than a used gsxr.

Also not sure I need that much power but idk.

Basically I feel like I can get a better deal on a used 750, and put the rest of the money to use on other stuff

I did a 4 day road trip of like 1400 ish miles on my SV. Not great but not as bad as you'd think.

Good to hear though, I live in az and it never snows so it isn't that bad to ride year long. The heat sucks but its livable

I ride my year round in all weather and haven't had any issues yet. The fan kicks on sitting in traffic in the summer, but it doesn't overheat or anything. It's all around a pretty solid bike.

>a better seat would fix that
can confirm the aftermarket seat on my gsxr is super comfy and I have no soreness after long rides.

>Here pay 100% more on insurance for 20 extra HP because squids across the nation buy these as their first bikes and total them straight into parked cars
>NO LITER NO PETER AMIRITE
>BIKES THAT DONT FIT INTO REGULATED RACING CLASSES ARENT BIKES

Convince me not to buy this gumtree.com/p/kawasaki-motorbikes/kx-125-road-legal-144-big-bore/1262019880

Thanks laddie

I think ill just keep being patient, im already halfway there, more actually, since ive got my gear

What kind is it?

Suzuki

>>NO LITER NO PETER AMIRITE
>>BIKES THAT DONT FIT INTO REGULATED RACING CLASSES ARENT BIKES
These are both correct though

*positively closed laughing*

Why are you laughing when you're forced into riding cuck bikes?

You should be referring to people who race 600s.

I don't see it on their website for the newer gsxr's. Where'd you find it at?

>tfw paying 25% more insurance for my liter
>bought it for the same price as 600's sell for in my area
lmaoing @ ur life

>20 extra HP
name ONE 600 that produces 180hp

Turbo Daytona

>can't even buy that anywhere
If you're including modded, forced intake motorcycles then name ONE 600 that produces 340hp at the wheel
youtube.com/watch?v=PkIm4WO8FaE

Holy fuck, what's the quarter mile time on that bike?

0.1 seconds to wheelie

does the quarter mile in 1 wheelie

they say
>under the right hand, this bike should be a high 7s or low 8s bike :)

No one man should have all that power

Wew

came with the bike
but you can find them here
oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/suzuki-seat-gsxr1000-2005-06-plain-or-carbon.html

Thanks senpai.
Damn, I don't think they make one for the 600.

Are AGV helmets worth the price?

>hp seat still hasn't arrived a month later and no tracking info
Fuck you Canada Post

better than purolater, they smashed the fuck out of my PC case and I had to get a new one sent.

Purolator IS Canada Post though

Invite2 sam discord pls

looks like they only have 06-09 for the 600

different staff

are adventure bikes a meme guys?

I kinda want something that can do a bit of offroad and a bit of on.

They're a compromise. The knobbies, larger wheels and more compliment suspension will negatively impact road performance.

No such thing as a bike that's great at on and off road. Everything you do to a bike to make it better on road makes it worse on road, and vice versa.

Just a sliding scale. They can cruise down logging roads and stuff (but almost every bike can) but I would never take one on actual rough terrain.

Meant for

How can I get a test ride on a 2017 Aprilia Tuono when I'm only 22? I want to buy one but want to ride it first.

I was looking at them in the showroom a while ago and all the salesmen just ignored me.

Sounds like they don't want your business. I had no issue jumping on a 20k bike for a test ride with a Learners permit

Go to a better dealer ,or build rapport with the one you're at.
The one I bought mine from has let me test ride any [demo] bike they had or used I was interested in.

But I want their business
There's only 1 here that sells Aprilia's, how would I build rapport? I don't want to go there and just hang out.

R1200GS or bust my man

I mean, when I was shopping I just went by and browsed. Eventually the owner came over and we started chatting. Once he knew I was serious buyer, there was no problems after that. Put yourself in their shoes -- how many broke ass 17-?? year olds come in that just want free rides on cool new bikes?

Do you really want to deal with servicing and maintenance from a store that can't even into basic customer service? You're not just buying a bike you're buying a package with the network

I've gotta go pick up some shims there in a couple days maybe I'll try asking some questions and ease into it.
Meh, it's not getting serviced by their salesmen.

Post your ID. Too many shitty nobikes and yuros joining when we post the invite link

How do I find my ID? I don't use discord much

>user goes out to buy a white street triple probably with the intention of riding it home
>never heard from again

Sorry weeb bro, I been racking up the odo like mad. I didn't died, just been having too much fun to come post about it

Oh okay thanks wasn't sure if that was it, Godbike#5430

Nigger you're in the Sam discord already

Buy it faggot

thanks for the insight, I figured the age would take a bit of money off. especially because new bikes are like $5000, I feel like an older first bike should be obtainable in running condition for $1000, but it seems it just doesn't work that way

guess I'll be saving for a bit longer

I thought that was just the normal dbt discord? Or at least it was when I joined a while ago